PDA

View Full Version : Aledo

surfspike
10-21-2001, 12:26 AM
Ever since I watched them lose to forney in week 0, things have pretty much been downhill from there.... this isn't the bearcat team I saw last year that beat the jackrabbits.

Jacket2000
10-21-2001, 03:00 AM
It's been a pretty consistant downfall for the past 2 years. You saw'em beat a Blantonless Forney. That makes alot of difference. There were traces of the once mighty Bearcats against LW, but the fire's just not there anymore. I believe they'll be looking at a first round loss to Alvarado.
J2K

deliriousmaniac
10-21-2001, 01:50 PM
Aledo hasn't come out and been able to put it all together this year. We have lost to some pretty good teams, the teams Aledo has lost to put together is something like 21-1. Aledo beat Dublin 57-12 this weak. I admit we haven't dominated most teams like we have in the past. Aledo's defense is its strong point as it allways has. This year it has held two of the highest ranked teams in 3A to 21 points(Lake Worth and Forney). The other team Aledo has lost to is 4A Azle who is surprising everyone with a great season only having one loss as of yet. If Aledo can get it's offense together and put some points on the board it will be a very competitive team in the playoffs. Alvarado will be seaking revenge, if Aledo's D plays like it did against Forney and Lake Worth it will be one heck of a game. Another advantage Aledo has is Alvarado's coach from last year on it's coaching staff, Coach Cunningham.

[This message has been edited by deliriousmaniac (edited October 21, 2001).]

eye of the tiger
10-21-2001, 02:25 PM
You are right about Aledo's losses. They have lost to some real good teams and not buy much. I dont think we have heard the last of the Bearcats this year. Good luck for the rest of this year and in the second season(play-offs)

Jacket2000
10-21-2001, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by deliriousmaniac:
Aledo hasn't come out and been able to put it all together this year. We have lost to some pretty good teams, the teams Aledo has lost to put together is something like 21-1. Aledo beat Dublin 57-12 this weak. I admit we haven't dominated most teams like we have in the past. Aledo's defense is its strong point as it allways has. This year it has held two of the highest ranked teams in 3A to 21 points(Lake Worth and Forney). The other team Aledo has lost to is 4A Azle who is surprising everyone with a great season only having one loss as of yet. If Aledo can get it's offense together and put some points on the board it will be a very competitive team in the playoffs. Alvarado will be seaking revenge, if Aledo's D plays like it did against Forney and Lake Worth it will be one heck of a game. Another advantage Aledo has is Alvarado's coach from last year on it's coaching staff, Coach Cunningham.

[This message has been edited by deliriousmaniac (edited October 21, 2001).]

Having Cunningham on the staff is NEVER an advantage.

deliriousmaniac
10-21-2001, 02:39 PM
"Having Cunningham on the staff is NEVER an advantage."

It is when he knows the opposing team better than anyone else.

Jacket2000
10-21-2001, 04:16 PM
Just b/c he was there last year doesnt mean he'll have any insight on it. Buchanian hired him b/c they're old buddies. It definately wasnt b/c of his coaching ability.
J2K

Alvaradobacker
10-21-2001, 06:33 PM
Having Cunningham is a handicap rather than an advantage for Aledo. That guy took the most talented team Alvarado has ever had (the '99 regional finalist team) and managed to lose 3 games. His teams at Alvarado lacked discipline. He also couldn't figure out the illegal substitution rule or how to get a play called and executed within the 25 second play clock (I watched them get consecutive delay of the game penalities on an extra point attempt last year against Cleburne). We don't miss him here in Alvarado.

jackhammer
10-22-2001, 10:32 AM
RIGHT ON ALVARADO BACKER

the claw
10-31-2001, 12:29 PM
Having played under Coach Cunningham I can tell you first hand that it is not an advantage for Aledo to have him on their staff. We were outcoached against Aledo in the playoffs last year, even some of their players have said that we had them beat until he stopped calling the plays that had been working for us. Also, Coach Oden has completely changed the offensive scheme so that doesn't help.

jackhammer
10-31-2001, 12:52 PM
HE COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HIS OWN GAME PLAN SO HOW WOULD HE FIGURE OUT OURS?????????

FryDayFBFun
10-31-2001, 02:12 PM
I do have one queston. Mr. Cunningham was Alvarado's coach last and now at Aledo as an assistant, why did he not get another head job?? I did not know why he left but from what was in the paper and we all know you cannot trust the paper. I can tell you this from the games I have seen, this year and the 4 last, this is NOT the team from last year. Like my daddy use to say, sometimes change is good!!

deliriousmaniac
10-31-2001, 07:38 PM
Of course he isn't going to be able to figure out your game plan. With a new coach comes a new offense, but he does know the players, and that is always an advantage.

jackhammer
11-01-2001, 09:28 AM
I GUESS YOU GUYS COULD SPOT US TWO TOUCHDOWNS SINCE YOU HAVE THE EDGE WITH OUR X COACH ON YOUR STAFF . LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!

deliriousmaniac
11-01-2001, 07:08 PM
First off, maybe you should try clicking the "caps lock" key. It really is a nice feature, it makes it to where all your letters aren't capitalized. Second i hope your team isn't as cocky as you, if so, your in a for a rude awakening.