PDA

View Full Version : Palestine

Gsquared
11-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Keep hearing about this big o line. I saw Palestine earlier this year and yeah, it aint small, but it isnt ANYWHERE near what Cuero has. I really hope the Palestine D line doesnt have plans the morning after game day because they are going to be sore. Just my 2 cents worth.

Ranger Mom
11-23-2004, 12:40 PM
I just gotta know.

Is Palestine pronounced with a long "I" or long "E"??

Gsquared
11-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just gotta know.

With a long E. Palestinians like it pronounced that way. Another reason Cuero is gonna romp, Palestine is without Yassir. PLO is dead.

mustang04
11-23-2004, 12:42 PM
I just gotta know.

i know sometimes i hear it like its spelled, and other times like Palesteen...which is it?

mustang04
11-23-2004, 12:43 PM
heres food for thought...what if Palestine STIILL had Adrian Peterson.....:rolleyes:

Gsquared
11-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i know sometimes i hear it like its spelled, and other times like Palesteen...which is it?
Take it from an East Texas boy, its pronounced Pal*A*steen :D

Bullaholic
11-23-2004, 12:46 PM
I just gotta know.

Heard it both ways, RM. Most outside of Texas pronounce it like the country of the same name-- Pal-s-tyne. A lot of native Texans pronounce the town name as Pal-s-teen. I don't know what native Texas Palestinians prefer or use most of the time.

pirate4state
11-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
With a long E. Palestinians like it pronounced that way. Another reason Cuero is gonna romp, Palestine is without Yassir. PLO is dead. Am I correct in saying that you already have Palestine & Cuero in the State semi-final game?? :mad: Cuero has a big game this week against Sinton & I think our boys may have something to say about Cuero moving on to the next round! :thinking:

Gsquared
11-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Am I correct in saying that you already have Palestine & Cuero in the State semi-final game?? :mad: Cuero has a big game this week against Sinton & I think our boys may have something to say about Cuero moving on to the next round! :thinking:

No no no no, on Smoaky there are a couple of Palestine people talking about it already! Had to put an end to that.

Pball
11-23-2004, 02:08 PM
No no no no, on Smoaky there are a couple of Palestine people talking about it already! Had to put an end to that.

It is pronounced Palesteeen.

Also, don't understand why you wouldn't put your post on Smoaky if these are the people you are upset with. I can tell you one thing for sure the Wildcats are only focused on Connally. The week we played Silsbee I saw a poll for Silsbee and WOS??

Gsquared
11-23-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Pball

Also, don't understand why you wouldn't put your post on Smoaky if these are the people you are upset with. I can tell you one thing for sure the Wildcats are only focused on Connally. The week we played Silsbee I saw a poll for Silsbee and WOS??
Aww man, I wouldnt even beging to try and understand me. I wouldnt worry about me, id focus on Conally instead of a message board terrorist like myself.

texasjeremy
11-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Keep hearing about this big o line. I saw Palestine earlier this year and yeah, it aint small, but it isnt ANYWHERE near what Cuero has. I really hope the Palestine D line doesnt have plans the morning after game day because they are going to be sore. Just my 2 cents worth.

Huffman has a huge o-line, with 3 guys over 300 pounds, but the Palestine defense was waaaaaay to quick. That is one thing about Palestine, the players aren't real big, but I would say Palestine has the best overall team speed of any 3A school in the state.

mistanice
11-23-2004, 07:12 PM

a poll for Silsbee and WOS? lol good luck palestine Bring it home for 21-3a.

Gsquared
11-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Huffman has a huge o-line, with 3 guys over 300 pounds, but the Palestine defense was waaaaaay to quick. That is one thing about Palestine, the players aren't real big, but I would say Palestine has the best overall team speed of any 3A school in the state.
Just my opinon here boys. Not talkin trash or anything, just have seen both teams and am convinced Cuero would push Palestine around upfront. Anyway, both teams have some work to do before we REALLY start talkin about this one.

Sandman
11-23-2004, 09:52 PM
What was the title of the thread on Smoaky? I can't find it.

j_dog
11-23-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
We'll see about that speed this spring. :)

Pball
11-24-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
We'll see about that speed this spring. :)

J_Dog,
Last year in 4A we won the district track meet. We had more then double the second place team (Nac) in points. Most of these are back this year.

Also a Palestine freshman won the 100 after our top two sprinters were disqualified for jumping. He does not play on varsity. He is the JV running back. Anybody that has played Palestine knows about our team speed. Looking forward to this spring.

Flourhead
11-26-2004, 03:01 AM
palestine is good

j_dog
11-26-2004, 09:43 AM
J_Dog,
.... Looking forward to this spring.
Me too! :) Jasper almost always performs that well at district, even when in 4a. They had the talent to win state last year, but lost too many to injuries at Regionals. :( Oh well, they will just have to wait a while to add their fifth state title in track. :)

Pball
11-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Me too! :) Jasper almost always performs that well at district, even when in 4a. They had the talent to win state last year, but lost too many to injuries at Regionals. :( Oh well, they will just have to wait a while to add their fifth state title in track. :)

Good luck tonight.....

j_dog
11-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Good luck tonight.....
Thanks. :) Good luck in your game tonight also. The weatherman is going to be in the DAWGHOUSE here in Huntsville. He forecast clear to cloudy, and we are getting scattered showers! :mad: