PDA

View Full Version : The Leon & Lymelight Morning show NOV. 23, 2004....If u could go back 2 highschool...

cunbed10
11-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Would you go to your school, or another school. What would you do different now, that you did then.Would you spend more time on academics, or atheletics. Last and definitely not least, would you marry the same highshcool sweetheart, or the person that turned out to be a hunk/fox? Good morning 3ADownlow, These are just some things that come up at class reunions, and Leon would like to get your opinion, even if you haven't been out of school longer than 5 years.

fb_gurl
11-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Good Morning L&L!!! Oh yes, I would definetly go back. (Even though its only been 6 months since graduation.) I don't think I would do anything different. I had fun in High School!!

PPHSfan
11-23-2004, 09:22 AM
I wouldn't change a thing. Except that I would eat more sugar, dance with the fat girls too, and never turn down the chance to have some fun.

NSUTrumpet08
11-23-2004, 09:29 AM
I can think of many things that i wish i could redo. Probably take some risks (good risks) and be more out-going instead of being my shy and timid self. I already had the academics part down. Maybe do like tennis or golf as a sport...

Ranger Mom
11-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Morning Leon!!

The only thing I would change about High School would have been the girls athletics. We had the choice of basketball (which I stunk in) and Track (which I ROCKED in)!!

Now the school has volleyball and softball which were nonexistant when I was there!

I would have also taken the "computer science" class when it was offered my Junior year....I didn't think computers were going to be that big of a deal..........WHO KNEW???:doh:

NHSRattler60
11-23-2004, 10:16 AM
I I could go back to high school I wouldn't goof off in my 2nd period class. ;)

BlueBlood
11-23-2004, 10:25 AM
I wish I could go back. Now days you have better coaches, videos, weights, and better enhancing drugs (just kidding).

CHS_Grad '85
11-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Goooooood Morning Downlow.... yeah it stopped raining (for now)... but we're under tornado warning... so I'm not sure if I like that any better... okay Leon... let see here...

Would you go to your school, or another school.Funny - I moved to Caldwell my 8th grade year from San Antonio - kept wishing I was back there but now I'm glad I wasn't...

What would you do different now, that you did then.I would have enjoyed HS more - joined more clubs... I wouldn't have worked as much (if even held a job)...

Would you spend more time on academics, or atheletics.Well academics wasn't a problem for me - athletics was another story... no natural talent - just a klutz here...

Last and definitely not least, would you marry the same highshcool sweetheart, or the person that turned out to be a hunk/fox?Well seeing that we've been married for 19 years and I have no 'major' complaints... a big definite yes - I would marry my high school sweetheart again...

:D

District303aPastPlayer
11-23-2004, 11:07 AM
well Goood morning from partly cloudy sinton texas. . . i probably wouldnt go to another HS. . . just change things that i did. . . i would have studied more, and actually paid attention in class. . .

cunbed10
11-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Wow, I didn't know people would have actually participated in this topic, but just goes to show people have the same aspiration, no matter where they are from. As for ole Leon, I had the pleasure of attending school in a big city (Houston) and a small town(Marlin) so I wouldn't change that, but I would take my father's advice, and not join the Military, but attend college. See my father and Coaches thought I had the potential to play Basketball at the next level, I had the knowledge, but didn't have the confidence to go to college, Thinking silly things, as No clothes to wear, no money, and just plain ole afraid of failing, when most of my classmates that went on to college, would copy off my paper when we were in school, I didn't want to go to Junior College, I wanted D1 and alot of the small schools I overlooked...Paul Quinn, Kilgore Jr College, Ranger, Cisco, Praire View, Texas Southern University and so on. These colleges were interested, but I never would show up for any of the try-outs, because of what I mentioned above. Me being me I would probably be coaching somewhere, making a better living for my kids, don't get me wrong, I think my kids childhood is 100% better than mine was, but you always feel you could've have done better.

TheDOCTORdre
11-23-2004, 12:07 PM
The Doctor would go back and change some things
1. Spend more time in that weight room
2. Would have made friends with some people earlier that I didnt become friends with until the last couple of months
3. Made sure my cheating ring didnt get caught
4. Never would have asked to borrow Mustang04s truck

marlin fan
11-23-2004, 12:33 PM
GOOD MORNING Leon!!!! ah i just woke up ... i remember when i was younger and i said i couldnt wait to be out of school. now that im almost out i wish that i was still just a freshman!!!!

District303aPastPlayer
11-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

3. Made sure my cheating ring didnt get caught
4. Never would have asked to borrow Mustang04s truck

should we ask?