PDA

View Full Version : Meet & Greet proposal, Jasper & Cameron Yoe

j_dog
11-23-2004, 12:33 AM
We did a meet and greet at halftime at Sam last Friday in the Kirbyville-Barbers Hill game. It appeared to us that the best place to meet was on the scoreboard end of the field across the sidewalk from the ticket booth. There are no fences keeping the sides apart so that seems to be the logical neutral and central place. I plan to be there and anyone who wants to meet can just walk down there. I will try to have a sign saying DL on it so that we can find our way among the non DL fans. :)

PM me if you plan to meet so I will have an idea of how many to expect. I hope to see several of you there!

Old Tiger
11-23-2004, 12:35 AM
I'll try it depends on what the g/f wants to do.

j_dog
11-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I'll try it depends on what the g/f wants to do.
Bring her on down! It is a beautiful stadium if I must say so myself, and that way, she will get to see more of it. :)

Old Tiger
11-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Who's home/away and which side of the field is it from the Cameron side.

j_dog
11-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Who's home/away and which side of the field is it from the Cameron side.
Not sure who is home, but I am guessing that Cameron is because they are listed first in the Houston Chronicle. Regardless, here you can enter on the west side (which is Home) by the parking lot and go to either side once you verify which side is which. Or, you can enter on the north side, and go to either side. Like I said, there are no barriers preventing movement to either side. Like the good old days in most places. :)

Hope to see you there.

Hupernikomen
11-23-2004, 12:57 AM
You got thicker skin than me j_dog, if we are getting whooped I doubt I will want to meet the enemy. :eek: :eek:

j_dog
11-23-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
You got thicker skin than me j_dog, if we are getting whooped I doubt I will want to meet the enemy. :eek: :eek:
Hey, if RBARKER and Jody can do it, so can I !!! :D well, it may depend on how bad ............... :D

kepdawg
11-23-2004, 01:19 AM
Sounds good to me!

Jody
11-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Hey, if RBARKER and Jody can do it, so can I !!! :D well, it may depend on how bad ............... :D

Tell him J-Dog......:D We were getting whipped and even with all the smack talk I came to visit. By the way.......RBARKER and I will be there.

What colors do the Cameron Yoe folks wear so I can make sure we are dressed appropriately.....:D :D :D

Cameronbystander
11-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Here is a link to pictures of part of the 2000 or so that went to last weeks game. I wasn't able to go but I heard that the entire Cameron side was filled to capacity. The Pics are so Jody will know what color to wear.

http://www.kmil.com/Football-04/Yoe-fairfieldplayoff.htm

spiveyrat
11-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Those didn't look to be "filled to capacity" to me. :confused:

Cameronbystander
11-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Obviously the picture was taken while some were at the restroom and the others were at the consession stand. I am sure that this week the game will be a little closer and people will be glued to their seats. No disrespect to Fairfield but I guess that people were roaming around since the game was pretty much in hand. (J/K)

Hupernikomen
11-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
Here is a link to pictures of part of the 2000 or so that went to last weeks game. I wasn't able to go but I heard that the entire Cameron side was filled to capacity. The Pics are so Jody will know what color to wear.

Last time I went to the Jasper/Cameron game I sat on the Cameron side...was interesting to hear what they had to say about the dogs...it was mostly quiet on the side I was sitting on that night. I think I will seat with the dog's fans this time around.

jason
11-23-2004, 10:07 AM
I'll try it depends on what the g/f wants to do. lol...got you whipped that bad huh...

Cameronbystander
11-23-2004, 10:20 AM
The last time Jasper and Cameron played, it was like A&M playing Blinn. Jasper totally outmanned Cameron in every aspect of the game (except quarterback). Everybody knew the outcome of the game when Cameron qualified as the BIG school in the district (430 or so kids) several weeks before the game was even scheduled.

This year is different. This should be an oustanding game. If I wasn't going to Mississippi, I would love to see it. Cameron has the horses to win this time. Good luck to both and I hope everyone comes out healthy.

BTW: I plan on going to see the #9 ranked team in the nation play Friday night for the north half championship in MS.

spiveyrat
11-23-2004, 10:58 AM
The last time Jasper and Cameron played, it was like A&M playing Blinn. Jasper totally outmanned Cameron in every aspect of the game (except quarterback).

It's kind of hard to win games when your quarterback plays 5 other positions on the team...

...especially when sometimes it's at the same time! :D

Hupernikomen
11-23-2004, 12:06 PM
he was a good one.

Bulldog_12
11-23-2004, 12:10 PM
This sounds like a great plan. When during the game are we going to meet. I might be a little late depending on how long the A&M and UT game takes.

j_dog
11-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Tell him J-Dog......:D We were getting whipped and even with all the smack talk I came to visit. By the way.......RBARKER and I will be there.

What colors do the Cameron Yoe folks wear so I can make sure we are dressed appropriately.....:D :D :D
You sit on the Cameron side and it may be deja vu all over again for you! :D

Hupernikomen
11-23-2004, 12:12 PM
You sit on the Cameron side and it may be deja vu all over again for you! :D

ha!! I would like to see it that way as well.

Jody
11-23-2004, 01:38 PM

OH, well heck yeah! Aggie Maroon..........guess we know who I am rooting for now. A little John Kerry flip-flop for you.... :D

Jody
11-23-2004, 01:41 PM
ha!! I would like to see it that way as well.

Alright....that did it......hahahaha Where do I get my Cameron Yoe shirt at?

Were the heck is Cameron Yoe anyway?

Hupernikomen
11-23-2004, 01:48 PM
maybe we should make our t-shirt bet over this game...

Jody
11-23-2004, 01:52 PM

:D :D Now there is the competative spirit......:D :D I knew you had it in you......:D

Now you know I am never wrong on these bets..........:D :D Yeah right!!!

So if Jasper wins what do I have to do?

spiveyrat
11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
It probably should include getting down on all fours and barking like a bulldog. :D

BlueBlood
11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
:D :D Now there is the competative spirit......:D :D I knew you had it in you......:D

Move to Jasper?

Jody
11-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
Move to Jasper?

Now you know I can't move to Jasper. Price would have hickies all over his a*% if you coach lovers were left alone. :D :D :D

Run on over to Finley's and get some bait and go fishin there Lost River......:D :D

Hupernikomen
11-23-2004, 02:08 PM

Wear home your new..."THS Team" shirt.

Jody
11-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
It probably should include getting down on all fours and barking like a bulldog. :D

So what is the Yoemen mascot? I assume they are referring to early farmers, intellectual settlers, industrial entreprenuers. If that's the case, I am probably more suited for that task than a barking poodle......sorry bull dawg...... :D

Jody
11-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Wear home your new..."THS Team" shirt.

What is a "THS Team" shirt? Whatever it is, I will do it....you know that.:D

Cameronbystander
11-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Main Entry: yeoman of the guard
: a member of a military corps attached to the British royal household that serves as ceremonial attendants of the sovereign and as warders of the Tower of London.

In this context, a Cameron Yoeman mascot is a medeivl archer.

RBARKER
11-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Now you know I can't move to Jasper. Price would have hickies all over his a*% if you coach lovers were left alone. :D :D :D

Run on over to Finley's and get some bait and go fishin there Lost River......:D :D

Jody your killing me, I like to have spit out my drink when I read this.:D JDog Jody and I will meet you under the score board at half time, look foward to meeting the others. Huper you better be there! Hope we don't bring the Cameron folks bad luck but we will be sitting on your side. Goodluck to both teams Actually Jody and I just want to see what a 3rd round 3a playoff game looks like:D

Jody
11-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Main Entry: yeoman of the guard
: a member of a military corps attached to the British royal household that serves as ceremonial attendants of the sovereign and as warders of the Tower of London.

In this context, a Cameron Yoeman mascot is a medeivl archer.

Well blaze of glory....... Sounds like a toga party to me. :thinking:

Jody
11-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Jody your killing me, I like to have spit out my drink when I read this.:D JDog Jody and I will meet you under the score board at half time, look foward to meeting the others. Huper you better be there! Hope we don't bring the Cameron folks bad luck but we will be sitting on your side. Goodluck to both teams Actually Jody and I just want to see what a 3rd round 3a playoff game looks like:D

3rd round :doh: :doh: I thought it was suposed to end after two games? That's what Coach Price said. Woops! There I go using that "Coach" word again.

Jody
11-23-2004, 03:55 PM

OK....spell out the rules. I am ready!

j_dog
11-23-2004, 06:19 PM
It is raining cats and dogs here in Huntsville right now. The good news is that it is SUPPOSED to be clear here on Friday with a high around 68 and a low around 40. :)

NSUTrumpet08
11-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Yeah after today, it should be all clear until next monday or so. Looks like good football weather for Friday! :)

bearkatdad
11-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Since there are no 'Golden Triangle' teams left, seems as though the B'mont Enterprise has 'grudgingly' carried a few bits and pieces of the remaining Southeast Texas teams, namely Jasper, Newton and Kirbyville. According to the token article re Jasper and the playoff schedule, it seems as though the Jasper/Cameron game starts at 7pm this Friday. Does anyone know for SURE if that is correct? Usually, we play at 7:30.

Bulldog_12
11-23-2004, 08:57 PM
It is definately 7:30. You should never, EVER listen to the Enterprise, they are terrible with "small town" teams. Who really cares about us hicks in the sticks anyways.:rolleyes: :D

j_dog
11-23-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
It is definately 7:30. You should never, EVER listen to the Enterprise, they are terrible with "small town" teams. Who really cares about us hicks in the sticks anyways.:rolleyes: :D
Well, the Houston Chronicle also has 7:00 p.m. Unless someone provides me unrefutable proof, I am going to go by the 7:00 time. Someone from Cameron posted that IF the team that had the field reserved for Friday afternoon did not win, then the game would be at 7:00. I think the team was PNG, and PNG lost. Anyway, I do not see any afternoon game scheduled for Sam. Therefore, the 7:00 is believeable. And I do NOT plan to miss the kickoff. :D Dogs better be there too. Don't want to lose by forfeit. :D

yoemenkracker30
11-24-2004, 12:07 AM
The Cameron-Jasper game will be at 7 o'clock. NO doubt about it

j_dog
11-24-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
The Cameron-Jasper game will be at 7 o'clock. NO doubt about it
There you have it folks! :)

Jody
11-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Everyone have a safe trip over to SHSU Friday. If I can find a Cameron Yoe shirt I will be sporting it with pride. Assuming Hup has not bailed on this shirt bet thing, I plan to wear the victor CY shirt home.

May the best team win!

Bulldog_12
11-24-2004, 07:20 PM
My bad with the wrong time. Being three hours away, things tend to get confusing when the news finally reaches me. I do keep what I said about the Enterprise. They don't do a very good job of covering the smaller schools. Its very disappointing. Hope to see everyone there. That is if I even make it. All depends on the score and time of the A&M, UT game.

j_dog
11-25-2004, 03:22 PM
I am looking forward to meeting all you folks who have responded. Near the scoreboard at half-time. Dawgmom has offered to make us a sign! :inlove:

NSUTrumpet08
11-25-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah it's offically 7:00 Friday. The UIL Website says it...

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/brackets/football/3Afb.pdf

j_dog
11-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Jasper, Cameron, and all fans in general. Today is the day! Hope to see all of you at the meet and greet at halftime near the scoreboard! :) :) :) :clap: May both teams have an injury free game!

Old Tiger
11-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Yea everyone have a safe trip. I will try to make it down there to the scoreboard. When exactly is this meet going to be, before the game/halftime?

j_dog
11-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Yea everyone have a safe trip. I will try to make it down there to the scoreboard. When exactly is this meet going to be, before the game/halftime?
Halftime.

j_dog
11-26-2004, 06:32 PM
The weatherman in going to be in the DAWGHOUSE! He forecast clear to cloudy, and we are now having scattered showers here in Huntsville! :mad: But, the game will go on! :)

j_dog
11-27-2004, 08:53 PM
It was great meeting all you posters! We met fans from all over! :) I won't try to list all the names, but I must say that Dawgmom did not look at all like I expected! :D

dawgmom
11-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Ha ha! Sorry I didn't make it down to meet all you folks! I also forgot I was supposed to make a sign! I will try to do better this week!

j_dog
11-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Ha ha! Sorry I didn't make it down to meet all you folks! I also forgot I was supposed to make a sign! I will try to do better this week!
you didn't make it down? there was a guy there said he was dawgmom! :confused: :D :confused: Gosh, he was ugly! :eek: Sure glad to hear he wasn't really you!! :)

Bulldog Fan
11-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Dawgmom:

Are you in hiding?? I was suppose to meet you this week also. Look me up next week, you know from my webpage what I look like.

Bulldog Fan

Old Tiger
11-28-2004, 10:50 PM
It was good meeting all of you and talking for a short while I could. The "jasper sucks" t-shirts were hilarious!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-28-2004, 11:10 PM
I must say that Dawgmom did not look at all like I expected! :D

LOL...that was hilarious....i dont know what was funnier...that..or jody's jasper shirt.
It was really great to meet all of yall.

j_dog
11-29-2004, 12:16 AM
It was good meeting all of you and talking for a short while I could. The "jasper sucks" t-shirts were hilarious!
Yeah, if he copyrights that, he could make a million! :D

Jody
11-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Yeah, if he copyrights that, he could make a million! :D

Nice meeting all of you! I bet I could market that sucker to most east Texas teams for a nice profit....hahaha

Good luck against Marlin.........you will need it.

JasperDog94
11-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Nice meeting all of you! I bet I could market that sucker to most east Texas teams for a nice profit....hahaha

Good luck against Marlin.........you will need it. Yeah, but you would need to tone it down on all the cool graphics. It would drive your production costs way too high.;)

j_dog
11-29-2004, 02:20 PM
.....Good luck against Marlin.........you will need it.
Careful Jody. You are getting mighty close to saying something positive about Jasper! :D