PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 small school finals

wildstangs
11-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Anyone heard possibilities where the Region 1 final might be played? Of course we dont know who will be in it yet, but I am sure some possibilties are being looked at.

CDF
11-23-2004, 03:15 AM
Probably at Tarleton State Univ. for the Sweetwater vs. Iowa Park matchup that is predicted. Will know for sure Friday.

Black_Magic
11-23-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by CDF
Probably at Tarleton State Univ. for the Sweetwater vs. Iowa Park matchup that is predicted. Will know for sure Friday. Predicted by who?? LOL :clap:

stateboundWR#5
11-23-2004, 09:21 AM
sounds like you guys are taking us likely and looking on to next week!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-23-2004, 10:16 AM
You must mean the posters here. There are no IP players that post here anylonger. Coaches rule.

I think IP is the best team I have seen all year so of course I think they will beat Snyder.

jason
11-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
You must mean the posters here. There are no IP players that post here anylonger.

lol....you sure about that ???

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-23-2004, 10:39 AM
I'm sure of what I think and I know I haven't seen any IP players post anything on the matter.

I am also sure about IP being the best team I have seen play this year.

Jason you wanting to make a prediction?

Black_Magic
11-23-2004, 10:46 AM

I am also sure about IP being the best team I have seen play this year.

I think that is the key to the prediction you are making. So You have not seen Greemnwood, Cooper, Snyder, Canyon, ect...

jason
11-23-2004, 10:49 AM

Jason you wanting to make a prediction? sure...

snyder by 6

Macarthur
11-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I think that is the key to the prediction you are making. So You have not seen Greemnwood, Cooper, Snyder, Canyon, ect...

No, I don't believe he has seen them this year, but he posted earlier the list of teams he has seen this year and it's pretty lengthy.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

Yes in case you missed it Black Magic I have seen the following teams:

Vernon, Sweetwater, Wylie, Clyde, Decatur, Gainesville, Wimberley, La Vernia, Bowie, Sanger, Altus Ok, Graham, WF Hirschi, WF Old High, Springtown, and Iowa Park. There may be another one or two that I can't recall.

I would base my prediction of IP being a favorite to win because I haven't seen a team other than Decatur and maybe Sweetwater that I think could stop the Hawk offense. And I'm not sure that they could do it either. Iowa Park is the best overall team that I have seen play. Also you may want to note that I am not from Iowa Park. I'm from a rival town in Vernon, so I have an unbiased opinion. Much like that of Old Cardinal who has seen a lot of teams play.

I just call it like I see it and IP has what I believe to be teh best team that I have seen play. Now I have read a lot about Gilmer and I know that they look about like Decatur in DI although they haven't received as much talk.

Just this one fellows opinion.

vet93
11-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Z if Snyder brings their A game....I think that they can hang with IP. They have a great running back but can also pass the ball if needed. A key matchup should be Snyder's defense being able to stop Swenson. He makes things happen for the Hawks. He reminds me a great deal of Dawson Wilbur from Greenwood a few years ago. He can make a touchdown run out of a completely broken play. He did it to Ballinger several times last year in the playoffs. Ballinger would have won that game if it wasn't for Swenson. This game should be a dandy.

mustang04
11-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Yes in case you missed it Black Magic I have seen the following teams:

Vernon, Sweetwater, Wylie, Clyde, Decatur, Gainesville, Wimberley, La Vernia, Bowie, Sanger, Altus Ok, Graham, WF Hirschi, WF Old High, Springtown, and Iowa Park. There may be another one or two that I can't recall.

I would base my prediction of IP being a favorite to win because I haven't seen a team other than Decatur and maybe Sweetwater that I think could stop the Hawk offense. And I'm not sure that they could do it either. Iowa Park is the best overall team that I have seen play. Also you may want to note that I am not from Iowa Park. I'm from a rival town in Vernon, so I have an unbiased opinion. Much like that of Old Cardinal who has seen a lot of teams play.

I just call it like I see it and IP has what I believe to be teh best team that I have seen play. Now I have read a lot about Gilmer and I know that they look about like Decatur in DI although they haven't received as much talk.

Just this one fellows opinion.

Z Motion...tahnx for talkin it up, ive always respected u and Vernon for having u as a poster, IP sounds awesome!...i have a question, just curious, what game was it that u saw Sweetwater play in??

mustang04
11-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Z if Snyder brings their A game....I think that they can hang with IP. They have a great running back but can also pass the ball if needed. A key matchup should be Snyder's defense being able to stop Swenson. He makes things happen for the Hawks. He reminds me a great deal of Dawson Wilbur from Greenwood a few years ago. He can make a touchdown run out of a completely broken play. He did it to Ballinger several times last year in the playoffs. Ballinger would have won that game if it wasn't for Swenson. This game should be a dandy.

isnt Swenson the one somebody compared to Michael Carrillo a few weeks ago???
kid sounds good

vet93
11-23-2004, 12:31 PM
He is not as "slippery" as Carrillo but does a better job of breaking tackles and throwing on the run. Carrillo was the one of the most difficult kids to get your hands on of any playerI have seen in the past 20 years.

Originally posted by mustang04
kid sounds good

mustang04
11-23-2004, 12:35 PM
He is not as "slippery" as Carrillo but does a better job of breaking tackles and throwing on the run. Carrillo was the one of the most difficult kids to get your hands on of any playerI have seen in the past 20 years.

Carrillo was pretty slippery, he had better moves than anybody else ive ever seen....his little brother Kendal is awesome too, hes really fast and can break tackles and almost has as good of vision as mike did when it comes to readin the field and finding the best place to run

Macarthur
11-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Z, as a Hawk fan, I really appreciate your confidence, but you're making me nervous. Please say some bad stuff about the Hawks!

imahoser
11-23-2004, 02:49 PM
hells ya sweetwater is movin on to play glen rose. never heard of the guys until recently so i assume sweetwater will win.

35-14 sorry glen rose

imahoser
11-23-2004, 02:50 PM
also hopin to see snyder in state quarter finals
good luck guys

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-23-2004, 03:02 PM
I saw Sweetwater scrimage Vernon at the first of the year and I was most impressed. Of course I saw how the offense runs the past two years watching Sweetwater play Vernon. But I was most impressed with the o-line as they not only made good blocks but stuck with them. They didn't let a single guy go free. Thompson of course played very well and he has the speed to keep any defense on their toes. So I know the Mustangs have a very good football team.

Ok well the bad news about Iowa Park is that Vernon used a ball control offense on them and really ran the ball well. Not for big ones, just 3 or 4 yards. So that was an obvious problem. Then IP goes and plays Bowie that runs the ball the same way. Although I think Bowie runs out of the veer option. IP shut them down. After talking to Bullaholic last week at the Decatur game he peeked my interest on how well IP would be able to contain the good running attack of the RB that Bridgeport has. IP contained him. IP also contained a running attack of Graham, although the Steers had lost their QB and HB. So I didn't really read too much into it.

IP had a blown call against Vernon that turned into 7 points. Had that call not been made I believe IP would be perfect now at 12-0.

I know Snyder had some great sprinters at the regional track meet last year. Don't know if any of those are back and if they play football or not. IP has a very speedy team and that may because they are not real big on teh D-line. But they are quick. I would like to know more about Snyder. What type of offense do they run?

IP just really has a great team. If one could figure out how to contain Swenson, then that would be teh first step in stopping them. Like Vet said the IP team is really led by his play. He can break open a game and has the speed to get into teh endzone at any time from anywhere on the field.

mustang04
11-23-2004, 07:54 PM
I saw Sweetwater scrimage Vernon at the first of the year and I was most impressed. Of course I saw how the offense runs the past two years watching Sweetwater play Vernon. But I was most impressed with the o-line as they not only made good blocks but stuck with them. They didn't let a single guy go free. Thompson of course played very well and he has the speed to keep any defense on their toes. So I know the Mustangs have a very good football team.

Ok well the bad news about Iowa Park is that Vernon used a ball control offense on them and really ran the ball well. Not for big ones, just 3 or 4 yards. So that was an obvious problem. Then IP goes and plays Bowie that runs the ball the same way. Although I think Bowie runs out of the veer option. IP shut them down. After talking to Bullaholic last week at the Decatur game he peeked my interest on how well IP would be able to contain the good running attack of the RB that Bridgeport has. IP contained him. IP also contained a running attack of Graham, although the Steers had lost their QB and HB. So I didn't really read too much into it.

IP had a blown call against Vernon that turned into 7 points. Had that call not been made I believe IP would be perfect now at 12-0.

I know Snyder had some great sprinters at the regional track meet last year. Don't know if any of those are back and if they play football or not. IP has a very speedy team and that may because they are not real big on teh D-line. But they are quick. I would like to know more about Snyder. What type of offense do they run?

IP just really has a great team. If one could figure out how to contain Swenson, then that would be teh first step in stopping them. Like Vet said the IP team is really led by his play. He can break open a game and has the speed to get into teh endzone at any time from anywhere on the field.

WOW:eek: ...if u thought they were good at the scrimmage....they are a WHOOOOLE 'nother team now....i STRONGLY encourage you to try and make one of their games this season

jmcgee
11-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Z Go to Brownwood this weekend and you ll see greatly improved team than you saw in vernon. They have moved to another level than what they were at the first of the season.

VWG
11-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
kid sounds good

I compared Swenson to Carrillo. I think they are very similar. Carrillo was extremely quick and Swenson is also. Where Swenson and Carrillo are different is that Carrillo would rather run than pass. Swenson likes to buy some time and hit the open receiver. He has a pretty good arm for a small QB.
If the Tigers can contain Swenson then that will hurt the IP offense. The problem with trying to contain Swenson is that the coaching staff at IP does a great job of switching up the offense to make things click. You think you have their spread attack beat... bam, they go to the wing-t, etc....

imahoser
11-23-2004, 10:44 PM
snyder is like sweetwater in that they run the ball alot. cant really remember what they run out of but its ok.They are very xplosive offensively. when i watched them play sweetwater earlier in the season they made up 18 points in 4 or 5 minutes despite losing 35-25. They also have the abiltiy to pass the ball. but just cuz they can doesnt mean they will. they dont have any truly speedy recievers but if its thrown to them they generally catch em. if they had their way they would stick to the ground game with their running back Dee Walker. Hes a very explosive kid with the ability to change the pace of a game. thats about it. Should be a good game but im goin to brownwood to watch my boys play glen rose

good luck to all the teams playin this weekend

VWG
11-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Also... if I was trying to beat IP I would do just like Vernon did. Eat the clock, pound the ball.... and then pound the ball some more. They (Hawks) don't have very much size on the defensive line or linebackers, so a grind it out, beat the crap out of ya' for 4 qtrs. could wear down the IP defense. Which would also keep their offense off the field.
Notice I said "could" wear down the IP defense. They ain't 11-1 for nothing!

Rainman
11-23-2004, 10:50 PM
Snyder and Sweetwater both win if they show up and play. As far as predicting the location let this be known, Snyder will drive all the way to the Astrodome if that is the only way not to play at the Mustang Bowl.

imahoser
11-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
Snyder and Sweetwater both win if they show up and play. As far as predicting the location let this be known, Snyder will drive all the way to the Astrodome if that is the only way not to play at the Mustang Bowl.

well im gonna agree with you that this game is definitely not gonna be played at the mustang bowl.

wildstangs
11-23-2004, 11:06 PM

I really doubt they would flip home and home. No one in their right minds would want to play Sweewater at home during the playoffs, and Snyder's stadium just wouldnt hold this big of a game. IF it comes down to Sweetwater and Snyder, I look for them to go to San Angelo. Both teams have to take care of business this week first though.

vet93
11-23-2004, 11:31 PM
A San Angelo game would make me happy!!!!I might even buy Wildstangs dinner again!

Originally posted by wildstangs
I really doubt they would flip home and home. No one in their right minds would want to play Sweewater at home during the playoffs, and Snyder's stadium just wouldnt hold this big of a game. IF it comes down to Sweetwater and Snyder, I look for them to go to San Angelo. Both teams have to take care of business this week first though.

wildstangs
11-23-2004, 11:41 PM
A San Angelo game would make me happy!!!!I might even buy Wildstangs dinner again!

Heck yeah. Go Sweetwater and Snyder! :)

jmcgee
11-24-2004, 01:02 AM
Same thing about us playing in Snyder.