PDA

View Full Version : SLPYBEAR WEEKLY PICK'EM -- Week #14 - Sinton vs. Cuero... Who else this week???

slpybear the bullfan
11-22-2004, 08:52 PM
This Week's Pick 'em... PLAYOFF EDITION

Sinton. Cuero. Two of the most represented programs on the Down Low. Two very successful programs with reputations that proceed them. They will run into each other at the Alamo Dome Friday night. And I am sure everyone will have their opinions on this one.

So... let's hear it. Give us your pick. Then give us your post and give us a score. I am sure lots of crow will be sauteed on Saturday!

Poll closes on Fridays.

Last Week's Pick'em...

Last Week Decatur was able to pull off the victory in a defensive struggle between Gainesville and DTown. Decatur will move on and face Abiliene Wylie this week.

Good Season, Leopards...

2004 Season Results...

(Click on a Week to be taken to that thread...)

Week 13 - Decatur W vs. Gainesville - 58 of 75 - 77.3% Week 13 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23026)
Week 12 - Jasper W vs. Diboll - 52 of 72 - 72% Week 12 - 55.9% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22534)
Week 11 - Rice Cons. vs. Bellville W - 16 of 67 - 23.8% Week 11 - 54.2% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22083)
Week 10 - Abiliene Wylie vs. Snyder W - 6 of 52 - 11.5% Week 10 - 57.6% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21584)
Week 9 - Bridgeport vs. Decatur W - 43 of 56 - 76.7% Week 9 - 62% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21164)
Week 8 - Southlake Carroll W vs. Denton Ryan - 52 of 61 - 85.2% week 8 - 60.3% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20641)
Week 7 - Cameron W vs. Caldwell - 27 of 56 - 48.2% week 7 - 56.7% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20217)
Week 6 - Graham vs. Marlin W - 36 of 62 - 58% week 6 - 58.0% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19652)
Week 5 - Cuero W vs. Sinton - 50 of 89 - 56% week 5 - 58.0% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19244)
Week 4 - Liberty Hill W vs. Manor - 34 of 53 - 64.1% week 4 - 58.8% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18803)
Week 3 - Decatur W vs. Gainesville - 31 of 58 - 53.4% week 3 - 57.1% cumlative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18430)
Week 2 - Liberty Hill vs. Burnet W - 32 of 48 - 66.6% week 2 - 59% cumlative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18151)
Week 1 - Jasper W vs. WOS - 33 of 62 - 53% week 1 - 53% cumulative YTD (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17853)

Old Green
11-22-2004, 09:00 PM
I don't know about Crow,but l"ll being eating Sinton66's chili.

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Darn it....I hate it when I can't make up my mind. :mad: It's too close to tell, for me.

HAWKS
11-23-2004, 02:42 AM
I say Sinton wins by 14

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-23-2004, 04:22 AM
I haven't seen Cuero play, but I did witness Sinton perform last week, and they have something special there.

Their star RB, Franco, didn't do so hot in the Rushing Category last week, only 68 yards, I believe, but the Sinton offense still fired on all cylinders.

Cuero came off a tough game against Wimberly, so they might be a little bange dup.

Overall, I think Sinton will win this one by a TD, at most.

coiled2strike
11-23-2004, 12:15 PM
I've heard a lot about the offense of both...I've seen a little bit of Cuero on film...I'm gonna go with Sinton and their air attack...If the Sinton defense is solid, they win by 14...good luck to both teams

AP Panther Fan
11-23-2004, 01:06 PM
http://www.mikesfreegifs.com/main4/funny/calvinaugh.gif

Sinton by 7! :thumbsup:

99IHSMustang
11-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Sinton wins in OT 35-31

TAMUGRAD
11-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Should be a close one, but Cuero over Sinton. Cuero's defense will hold Sinton off.

Can't wait 'til Friday. Hope all the rivers are back down by then so nobody has trouble getting to SA.

Gobbla2001
11-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Logically I say 35-28, as I have said before...

But you don't wanna know what my gut's telling me... ;)

SintonFan
11-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Logically I say 35-28, as I have said before...

But you don't wanna know what my gut's telling me... ;)
That your gonna end up buying an 18-pack of Coors light.:p
Sinton by seven.

Sinton Pirate#2
11-24-2004, 03:49 PM
I'm going with 43-27 Sinton...its going to be a lot less closer than people think...we're in Cuero's head right now...they have been ever since we almost came back last time we met...i've seen film on them since we've played them and before...they've lost most of their confidence and are just squeezing by in games with the exception of Edna

gobbler bro #49
11-24-2004, 03:50 PM
yeah well when you actually play good teams you're not gonna blow them out

OLD STING
11-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Guys I saw them both play last week....cuero by 14 without a dought!!!

sinton66
11-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I don't know about Crow,but l"ll being eating Sinton66's chili.

Unfortunately, they aren't gonna let me cook any.:(

Sinton Pirate#2
11-24-2004, 06:09 PM
i didn say it was gunna b a blowout...name one good team yall have played this year besides us...

Flourhead
11-24-2004, 07:40 PM
west columbia, wimberley, wharton, yoakum

Gobbla2001
11-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Sinton Pirate#2
i didn say it was gunna b a blowout...name one good team yall have played this year besides us...

Let's see, we scrimmaged GP, tied 'em, and that bit us hard, lost our star RB until next year (still rushed for 270 on your D)... Uhm, that's right now 9-2 West Columbia, their RB averaged 135 ypg, we held him to 17 in the first round...

Uhm, Wimberly's dang tough, tougher than they were when I saw 'em earlier this year, that's for sure...

Oh, yah, and Hallettsville, they're 11-1.... Wait, where did that one loss come from?

Goliad? Been there, done that... them making the playoffs in your district tells me enough about 30-3A...

Sorry Sinton buddies, y'all could beat us for all I know, I just feel our schedules a tad tougher...

Gobbla2001
11-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
That your gonna end up buying an 18-pack of Coors light.:p
Sinton by seven.

Yah, prolly will, you gotta have something to cheer yourself up Friday Night!

Gobbla2001
11-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Let's see, we scrimmaged GP, tied 'em, and that bit us hard, lost our star RB until next year (still rushed for 270 on your D)... Uhm, that's right now 9-2 West Columbia, their RB averaged 135 ypg, we held him to 17 in the first round...

Uhm, Wimberly's dang tough, tougher than they were when I saw 'em earlier this year, that's for sure...

Oh, yah, and Hallettsville, they're 11-1.... Wait, where did that one loss come from?

Goliad? Been there, done that... them making the playoffs in your district tells me enough about 30-3A...

Sorry Sinton buddies, y'all could beat us for all I know, I just feel our schedules a tad tougher...

Oops. forgot about Luling, Gonzales and Yoakum, their defenses were all better than Sinton's (on paper that is)... Offensively? You guys have scored more on us than anyone else, but defensively? Besides Edna, Wharton and CC West Oso, you guys have allowed us the most offense...

SinTon_Boi_32
11-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Oops. forgot about Luling, Gonzales and Yoakum, their defenses were all better than Sinton's (on paper that is)... Offensively? You guys have scored more on us than anyone else, but defensively? Besides Edna, Wharton and CC West Oso, you guys have allowed us the most offense...

Stats are Stats...Its On The Field Were Its Gonna Matter...Anything Can Happen On Any Given Friday

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2004, 08:34 PM
yea and yall did that in 2 1/2 QRTS and hmmm let see 0 first downs from there, hmmm looks like the coaching staff figure yall out that if u dont break a long run yall dont move the ball....

Sinton Pirate#2
11-24-2004, 08:44 PM

if you think what all that matters is stats then yall deserve whats comin to yall...footballs not all stats and figures...its about who has more heart and brings more intensity...not to mention the coaching staff...im not sayin anythin bout yalls team or coachin staff ill admit yall are good...but ask yourself somethin...do yall want this as bad as us...cuz aparently our coaching staff figured yall out cuz we have one of the best in the state of texas...weve been gettin ourselves ready for this game since yall came up with a 7 point victory...even though this playoffs we have lost 3 starters...we have bckups to match them...were playin the best we have all year...enough with the trash talkin...just wait till those friday night lights go up...we'll see who has more heart...we'll see the better team

Flourhead
11-24-2004, 09:09 PM
dude im sorry but whatever ur coaching staff figured out in the first game is useless this game... reeve changes the office week by week and uses formations and plays that work against certain defenses so dont expect yall's defense to shut us down

gobblerfan02
11-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Sinton Pirate#2
if you think what all that matters is stats then yall deserve whats comin to yall...footballs not all stats and figures...its about who has more heart and brings more intensity...not to mention the coaching staff...im not sayin anythin bout yalls team or coachin staff ill admit yall are good...but ask yourself somethin...do yall want this as bad as us...cuz aparently our coaching staff figured yall out cuz we have one of the best in the state of texas...weve been gettin ourselves ready for this game since yall came up with a 7 point victory...even though this playoffs we have lost 3 starters...we have bckups to match them...were playin the best we have all year...enough with the trash talkin...just wait till those friday night lights go up...we'll see who has more heart...we'll see the better team

Now you can't go and right a nice long paragraph of trash talking and then go and say "enough w/ the trash talk" that's contradicting yourself buddy. The trash is just fixin to start, just because sinton is playin their best ball doesn't guarantee them a victory over cuero!:eek: :rolleyes:
Now, let me just go ahead and inform you that cuero is also starting to play their best too, and if both teams are @ their best friday night, cuero will come out on top!
LET THE TRASH TALKIN' BEGIN!

Sinton Pirate#2
11-24-2004, 10:00 PM
we'll just see which team wants it more friday...theres no way of tellin now...every coaching staff is good or they wouldnt be coaching...but the great ones will change there coaching schemes...we have some surprises for coach reeves that he'll have fun adjusting to...dont think hes the only one that changes the plays and everythin...ill put anything i have that our coaching staff is the best in 3A...they brought us from a bunch of inexperienced players to one of the top teams in 3A...i trust these coaches with my life...its going to be an awesome game...cuero and us are so alike...jus check out the game itll be worth it

TAMUGRAD
11-24-2004, 10:01 PM
The only stats that count are the ones in the WIN column.

Cuero 1 Sinton 0

Sinton Pirate#2
11-24-2004, 10:05 PM
that may be true...but this game is the one that counts...this is the one that will leave one team watching next week full of regrets and having the seniors either celebrating or left on the sideline taking one last look around the stadium and most likely there football careers...i guarantee whoever wins this game will be playing decatur in the state championship...this ones for all the marbles...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
The only stats that count are the ones in the WIN column.

Cuero 1 Sinton 0

http://www.stan-noon.com/golems/smilies/flush.gif

its who wins this game that counts

gobblerfan02
11-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
http://www.stan-noon.com/golems/smilies/flush.gif

its who wins this game that counts

Ya think so SFinAustin, I never thought of that one....jk:D

Just wanna say good luck to both teams on a clean, well-fought ballgame!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Ya think so SFinAustin, I never thought of that one....jk:D

Just wanna say good luck to both teams on a clean, well-fought ballgame! :D

:D one person didnt know that he stated cuero is winning 1 to 0 :D :D

44INAROW
11-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:D

:D one person didnt know that he stated cuero is winning 1 to 0 :D :D

LOL LOL is that 1/2 a safety

htowntransplant
11-25-2004, 03:01 PM
all i know is that its going to be a hell of a game. sinton has a great shot. sinton players have anticipated this since they nearly made a moraculous (did i spell that right?) comeback in the first game. i have a feeling things will get verry physical and a few scirmishes will take place. the adrenaline in both teams will make this a super fun game to watch, even if ur not a cuero or sinton fan. i hope i can make it out there, but im back in houston for thanksgiving and aaron will proly be going up there. im going to predict at least 2 tds for franco :thumbsup: good luck sinton!

MagicMan
11-25-2004, 03:06 PM
it should be a very good game. i think it will come down to the turnover battle on who will win.

IHStangFan
11-26-2004, 10:34 AM
should be a great game, but i think Sinton may get it done this time around....they have really come on late in the season, and in the post-season.

gobblerfan02
11-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
should be a great game, but i think Sinton may get it done this time around....they have really come on late in the season, and in the post-season. In their first meeting, cuero had like 491 yards of total offense against sinton, for them to win tonight, their defense must step it up, as so does cuero's to hold ya'lls RB below 100 yrds. The best defense wins this game, hope to see everyone there, it should be a goodun'!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2004, 01:52 PM
470 of those yards in 2 half qrts. cuero had only 12 first downs to sintons 19. cuero got those yards in big plays early not by grinding it out. no first downs for a qrt & 1/2. sintons defense will be ready and its cuero that will have to keep up with S I N T O N ! ! k some will look like experts & some will eat gobblers in a few hours but lets hope for a great effort from both teams and no injuries gl to both teams

Flourhead
11-26-2004, 01:53 PM
well 2 half quarters equal one quarter so cuero must have a hell of an offense to rack up that many yards in that short of a time

gobblerfan02
11-27-2004, 01:32 AM
To all those +54% doubters:

GOBBLERS ROLL IN THIS ONE!:p
Way to go Cuero, played as one unit that clicked on ALL cylinders...the only thing sinton had going for them were penalties against cuero!:D

SinTon_Boi_32
11-27-2004, 02:20 AM
Ummm K...Considering The Fact We Were Right Up There With Them ?

chubbed_up
11-27-2004, 03:38 AM
uhhh actually we won 31 to 0

sinton66
11-27-2004, 12:12 PM
How about we move on?

Sinton Pirate#2
11-27-2004, 12:19 PM
how can yall be talkin crap after we jus lost...you know how hard we busted our a** for the past 3 months...you know that was the seniors last chance...we worked so hard and yall are still talkin crap...jus give it a rest...

Gobbler Fan
11-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Let me get this staright if you guy's would have won ....there would not be anything said from your side ? :thinking:

well Im done now ......woooo Cuero Rolls

sinton66
11-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Okay, it's time to close this one. Game's over, move on.