PDA

View Full Version : Toughness of 4-3A....

mustang04
11-22-2004, 11:22 AM
All the 4-3A reps are still in after week 2 with Abilene Wylies win over Canyon, Snyder's victory over Muleshoe, and Sweetwater's triumphant performance over Lubbock Cooper! All three teams are very good teams and thats why it was a 3-way tie for distirct championship, just shows how competitive this area of west texas is!

On a side note, after watching the Mustangs run the ball over Cooper, i couldnt help but notice how much they improved since the week before, these kids have really shaped up and have been molded into a great running threat. I am proud of them especially for doing this well without ever making top 25 this year, but i knew it would be like that.

Black_Magic
11-22-2004, 12:03 PM
I think it proves how tough the district is. Are there any other districts with 3 teams still in it? it is concievable that you have the DII Regional final to be a District showdown between Snyder and Sweetwater. I believe that both Snyder and Sweetwater folks feel that this will happen as time goes on. I sure hope Snyder keeps focused and continues to play good. On another note. Wylie is very good and is playing better than they did vs Decator earlier this year. If they come to play it could be an upset.

panther power
11-22-2004, 12:27 PM
congrats to 4-3A! you all are representing very good. good luck to all, and lets see the sweetwater and snyder game happen, wylie you all beat us, go all the way, you can do anything!

lobo12
11-22-2004, 01:14 PM
good luck to 4-3a... maybe 3-3a wasnt that weak, maybe 4-3a was that strong

mustang04
11-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
good luck to 4-3a... maybe 3-3a wasnt that weak, maybe 4-3a was that strong

that could be it!...cuz after watchin the sweetwater - seminole game, i gotta give sminole some props!

lobo12
11-22-2004, 04:23 PM
yeah it was tied at the half wasnt it? and greenwood had the chance to beat snyder and i think the stockton game was closer than the score showed they were hurt on a couple of plays, but anyway i look forward to seeing a snyder sweetwater regional final hopefully. if this happend where would they play at?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Very tough district and maybe that is why they are all 3 still in.

Bad news though, two of the three will lose this next weekend.

I predict an IP - Sweetwater match up for the region I title.

Stangster
11-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Congratulations to District 4-3A on all three teams making it to round 3 of the playoffs. It proves just how tough this district became with realignment. It's kind of ironic that there was a three-way tie for the district gold ball. I think Wylie has the "hardest row to hoe" going D1, But Sweetwater and Snyder are poised for a Regional final showdown, what a game that would be! Good luck to all three 4-3A teams this week, I would like to see all three advance to round 4. Go 4-3A!

jmcgee
11-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Lets hope the 4-3a players are getting ahead of themselves like we are. They still have to play the games. Sweetwater and snyder can both be beaten. If they dont play at the top of their games 4-3a could easily be out of the playoffs. I hope they are prepared and play smart.

mustang04
11-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Lets hope the 4-3a players are getting ahead of themselves like we are. They still have to play the games. Sweetwater and snyder can both be beaten. If they dont play at the top of their games 4-3a could easily be out of the playoffs. I hope they are prepared and play smart.

they wont.... Coach J wont let them

jmcgee
11-22-2004, 06:35 PM
The other two teams better not look past snyder or sweetwater either.

mustang04
11-22-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
The other two teams better not look past snyder or sweetwater either.

i dont think they will.....too bad it took all season for Sweetwater to get the recognition they've deserved all season

imahoser
11-23-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i dont think they will.....too bad it took all season for Sweetwater to get the recognition they've deserved all season

sweetwater has definitely surprised some people this yr including me. and ur right they r finally getting some recognition
i am extremely proud of all the teams in 4-3a including the ones who didnt make playoffs for playing some damn good west texas football. but whether we like it or not at least one of those 2 teams will indefinitely be out at the end of next week
hope it aint sweetwater. go one step at a time boys

jmcgee
11-24-2004, 01:17 AM
yeah 1 of the three teams will be out for sure.
Not going against Wylie or anything its just i dont see them beating Decatur. good luck though for all three teams