PDA

View Full Version : IP v Snyder

Macarthur
11-22-2004, 11:00 AM
OK, let's get this thread going. Who's gonna win. I would like to hear from some Snyder folks about you teams strengths & weaknesses. I feel that IP and Snyder have a bit of a connection because one of our old great coaches, David Baugh, left IP to goto Snyder back in the late 80's. Ought to be a great game!

Black_Magic
11-22-2004, 11:19 AM
I think It will be a great game friday. both teams have big momentum comming into the game.

Snyder has a great O with a 2000 + yard rusher in Dee Walker so they have an excelend running game and a good passing attack to go with it. Big O line with good receivers to go with them. On D they have been very tough and have an aggresive style. This will be a good game.

el negro
11-22-2004, 11:38 AM
whats the story about iowa park? havent heard anything one them

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-22-2004, 12:16 PM
iowa park is like a weed in this sense, who knows where they came from this year, but they sure showed up fast.

Macarthur
11-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
iowa park is like a weed in this sense, who knows where they came from this year, but they sure showed up fast.

Well, I'm not sure I would catagorize it in that way.

IP has been in the playoffs consistently since Nelms showed up in the mid-90's, I think. They had a consistently good program in the 60's, 70's & 80's. They had a few down years in the early 90's, but have come back.

As for this year, I think eveyone in IP thought they would be good and make the playoffs, especially with Swenson returning from a playoff team. However, I think everyone was a bit surprised (with their difficult schedule) that they were a FG at the buzzer away from being undefeated this year. From that standpoint, they have exceeded expectations. But make no mistake, this team is for real. They are quick and disciplined on offense, quick, aggressive and opportunistic on defense.

pero chato
11-22-2004, 02:28 PM
I think Snyder wins again. They are rolling along with a well balanced attack. I don't see them looking past IP to the Sweetwater game, but I know they are thinking about it. Now that will be the game of the week for sure. As far as this week, Snyder by 11.

Macarthur
11-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
I think Snyder wins again. They are rolling along with a well balanced attack. I don't see them looking past IP to the Sweetwater game, but I know they are thinking about it. Now that will be the game of the week for sure. As far as this week, Snyder by 11.

Neither team better be looking towards next week with Sweetwater! And that includes Sweetwater!

If IP or Snyder looks past this game, the other team will throttle them. When you get to this point in the season, eveyone is a very good football team.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-22-2004, 04:49 PM
I haven't seen Snyder play this year. I have seen Iowa Park and the following:

Wichita Falls Old High, Wimberley, Decatur, Gainesville, Bowie, Sanger, Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater, Vernon, Breckenridge, Clyde, Graham, Wichita Falls Hirschi, La Vernia, Altus-Oklahoma, and there may be a couple in there that I have forgot. With that being said, I think Iowa Park has the best overall team that I have seen this far.

Decatur and Sweetwater may be the exception but I would say that IP would be everybit of what Decatur could handle.

Iowa Park will be hard to beat. A team will have to have a heck of an offense to do it. IP is going to score on anybody they play. The key is to stay in the game by scoring with them. Can't get behind early. Not sure if Snyder is the team that can do it. I know it will be a really good game. Seeing how Snyder is on par with Sweetwater, I would say that turnovers and penalties will be a big factor.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Neither team better be looking towards next week with Sweetwater! And that includes Sweetwater!

If IP or Snyder looks past this game, the other team will throttle them. When you get to this point in the season, eveyone is a very good football team.

Agreed. They are all good now.

Stangster
11-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Iowa Park will be hard to beat. A team will have to have a heck of an offense to do it. IP is going to score on anybody they play. The key is to stay in the game by scoring with them. Can't get behind early.
I agree, not getting behind is the key. Snyder is like a freight train, starts out slow and then picks up speed and pours on the coal. I just hope it is not too little, too late (like in Sweetwater's game). Snyder needs to keep up in the 1st half and not face a huge deficit at halftime. If they can, I think they will "pour on the coal" late in the 3rd and continue through the 4th.

Macarthur
11-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I haven't seen Snyder play this year. I have seen Iowa Park and the following:

Wichita Falls Old High, Wimberley, Decatur, Gainesville, Bowie, Sanger, Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater, Vernon, Breckenridge, Clyde, Graham, Wichita Falls Hirschi, La Vernia, Altus-Oklahoma, and there may be a couple in there that I have forgot. With that being said, I think Iowa Park has the best overall team that I have seen this far.

Decatur and Sweetwater may be the exception but I would say that IP would be everybit of what Decatur could handle.

Iowa Park will be hard to beat. A team will have to have a heck of an offense to do it. IP is going to score on anybody they play. The key is to stay in the game by scoring with them. Can't get behind early. Not sure if Snyder is the team that can do it. I know it will be a really good game. Seeing how Snyder is on par with Sweetwater, I would say that turnovers and penalties will be a big factor.

Z, as you know, I am a Hawk fan. I try my best to be objective, but given the number of games you have seen this year, I think you certainly fit that bill. I feel the same way about the Hawks, but again, I'm not totally objective.

You make an interesting point about Decatur. As you may know, IP scrimmaged Decatur this year. Now, I know that it's very difficult to judge scrimmages, but IP did win that scrimmage. And I also know that comparing like opponents is not always reliable, either, but IP's defense held B-port much better than Decatur. IP & Decatur beat Gainesville by about the same amount. They both beat Burkburnett and they both beat Graham by about the same amount. The biggest difference, of course, is that IP has one loss. Vernon may be the best team in 3A that did not make the playoffs. The Vernon/IP game is a rivalry game that is always hard fought.

In short, I second your thought that IP would give Decatur all they would want. Of course, we wont get to see that matchup.

IP certainly is not invincible, but I think you make a good point in that the team that does beat them had better bring their A game in all 3 phases of the game.

Old Cardinal
11-22-2004, 06:15 PM
I think the Snyder Tigers will go to the final game this year. I have folks that watched them play Andrews and they said that "Snyder has matured!"

GreenMonster
11-22-2004, 06:50 PM
I think that any team not just Snyder or any other team in 3A would have trouble preparing for the Hawks. They bring too much to the table for a team to be fully prepared for everythig that the Iowa Park Offense will throw at them. The best way to try to beat Iowa Park is to keep our defense on the field and the ball out of Swenson's hands. This being said, the Vernon Lions were the only team that was able to accomplish this feat this season. As MacAurthur has stated that is a huge rivalry game but he neglected to state that Vernon was coming into the game after an off week. The off week gave them 2 weeks to prepare for the Hawks and not even they had an answer for the Hawk Offense. What they did learn from their 2 weeks of preparation was to stick with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. The IP defense is pretty small all the way around. The Iowa Park Defensive game plan is simple, WE THINK WE HAVE MORE ATHELETES THAN YOU DO SO WE'RE GOING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR BEST ATHLETE AND MAKE YOU BEAT US WITH YOUR NUMBER 2. That's it. It has been very successful for us so far. I presume that we will ride this philosophy until she bucks us. Either way this game goes it has been a fantastic season for both teams and I wish the winner continued success.

mustang04
11-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I think that any team not just Snyder or any other team in 3A would have trouble preparing for the Hawks. They bring too much to the table for a team to be fully prepared for everythig that the Iowa Park Offense will throw at them. The best way to try to beat Iowa Park is to keep our defense on the field and the ball out of Swenson's hands. This being said, the Vernon Lions were the only team that was able to accomplish this feat this season. As MacAurthur has stated that is a huge rivalry game but he neglected to state that Vernon was coming into the game after an off week. The off week gave them 2 weeks to prepare for the Hawks and not even they had an answer for the Hawk Offense. What they did learn from their 2 weeks of preparation was to stick with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. The IP defense is pretty small all the way around. The Iowa Park Defensive game plan is simple, WE THINK WE HAVE MORE ATHELETES THAN YOU DO SO WE'RE GOING TO TAKE AWAY YOUR BEST ATHLETE AND MAKE YOU BEAT US WITH YOUR NUMBER 2. That's it. It has been very successful for us so far. I presume that we will ride this philosophy until she bucks us. Either way this game goes it has been a fantastic season for both teams and I wish the winner continued success.

Thats whats so great about Sweetwater....we dont have a #1...we have about 5-7 running threats that are all awesome, and then some more runners under them.....too bad not all our runningbacks can start, cuz they are all capable of it

stateboundWR#5
11-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Its the third round, there arent any bad teams left... there are only 5% of the teams that started the season still playing. It will be a good game this friday... the tigers had an extra day to heal up an prepare for the hawks, while they played bridgeport! I wouldnt look past snyder, most people probably havent heard much about us, but we never give up! From what i have seen on IP they are a good team and it will be a good game, but i think the better team wins. Turnovers will be the key to this game! Just my biased opinion, but snyder lives to play in december!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-23-2004, 10:45 AM
I don't think anyone is looking past Snyder. By commenting that an IP Sweetwater match up would be a good game so would a re-match between Snyder and Sweetwater.

Just the same I think Sweetwater rolls over Glen Rose.
The IP / Snyder game should be a good one.

hawkfan65
11-24-2004, 11:16 AM
I really hope IP wins this one. Our football team has been working very hard and swenson said hes not ready to give up yet not without a fight and he doesnt want to play basketball yet! We have a lot of heart in our team and our guys are really confident. So lets Go hawks " Lets Take Some Soul"!!!!!

CDF
11-25-2004, 11:12 PM
I don't think the train rides over, at least not this week!!!

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: