PDA

View Full Version : Refs, I'm seeing that the REFs R not a black and white thing, hell they R just.....

cunbed10
11-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Terrible all the way around, Marlin won, so don't think that I'm am looking for an excuse, but the Bellville Marlin game was almost as bad as the China Spring vs Marlin game, the REFS can't catch everything, this I know, but the things you do catch, it still seems you don't know what the hell you are doing, I have never in my life, witness an off setting penalty that gets 10 YDS marked off agsint Marlin of course, but offsettings are suppose to be just that, off settings. Right? On one play you had incidential contact, there was an pass interference called, on the other you had a clearly pass interference, and it's not called, I just don't know.:confused:

PPHSfan
11-22-2004, 09:34 AM
CB,

Fifteen yarders vs Five yarders net 10 yards all the time. And if the refs called everything, there would be flags on every play. I don't like it when the refs blow calls either, but I am sure glad there are guys willing to do the job. Without them, we would not be able to play the game. I still think you should join their ranks next year, and then you can tell us about it from both sides.:)

3afan
11-22-2004, 09:45 AM
i assume you are a young healthy adult - join your local chapter and get involved! do a middle school game and see how difficult it is!

jason
11-22-2004, 09:47 AM
ive never done football...but baseball/softball are tough, and basketball is a LOT tougher than it looks...especially when its 5th graders with rabid parents in the stands....

handNthedirt
11-22-2004, 09:52 AM
I reffed intramural flag FB games for a class in college, and it wasn't easy....even the 'frat boy' games were tough.

Ranger Mom
11-22-2004, 10:04 AM
I was asked to ump a T-ball game one time.....you couldn't pay me to put myself in that position again!!

Bandera YaYa
11-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jason
[Bwith rampid parents in the stands.... [/B] Don't you mean "rabid"???? :D :D

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2004, 10:06 AM
You know whats hard to ref a girls church camp basketball game, they just seem to throw Christ's love out the window

turbostud
11-22-2004, 10:12 AM
I helped coach my sons little leaque baseball team once. Never again. We had a parent try to get us outside the dugout because we moved his kid from shortstop to outfield to give the other kids a chance to play on the infield. This was the last game of the regular season and was meaningless. And the best part about it is his kid still got to play the whole game just in the outlfield.

jason
11-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Don't you mean "rabid"???? :D :D rampid doesnt work ??? ill change it just for you :inlove:

Keith7
11-22-2004, 01:27 PM
i used to ump. the 9-10 year olds in Gainesville, it wasnt too bad but i think football would be alot harder w/ more rules and most of them are based upon judgement