PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer/Madison

Gsquared
11-22-2004, 08:16 AM
Anybody know when and where this one is?

Gilmer Buckeye
11-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Last I heard it was going to be on Saturday at 6 p.m. in Greenville at T.A. "Cotton" Ford Stadium.

3afan
its @ Greenville, 6pm Saturday

3afan
(hope the link works for unregistered folks .....)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/football/2004/playoffs.html

Gsquared
11-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
its @ Greenville, 6pm Saturday
Thanks boys!

kaorder1999
11-22-2004, 09:42 AM
im going with gilmer on this one....madison has some good athletes but Gilmer has the "team" aspect working for them mixed in with some pretty darn good athletes

Gsquared
11-22-2004, 10:11 AM
I agree KA, im suprised Madison made it this far playing sandlot.

JR2004
11-23-2004, 02:38 AM
They may line up and play a little bit of sandlot ball, but last week they actually ran a real offense and they are playing with a lot of confidence right now. This week they're big underdogs and aren't supposed to win, but I think they're gonna shock some folks and pull out the biggest victory since the program joined the UIL 30 years ago. You can say what you will about the offensive side of the ball, but defensively they are as well coached as any team in the state in any classification and you can be guaranteed that they'll fly to the ball and they have as good a cover corner as there is in the Metroplex in Leon Angton. Don't be shocked if Madison comes out on top in this one.

Gsquared
11-23-2004, 06:48 AM
After seeing Madison and Gilmer both play ill tell you that alot of things would have to go wrong for Gilmer to loose to Madison based on the one game I saw of Madison's. Of course, it awful hard to get a good look at a team one time. I would like to see Madison do well but I just can see them beating Gilmer this week.

JR2004
11-24-2004, 08:42 PM
I think Madison can pull off the upset if they can come out and play good early in the ballgame. I don't know if they'll pull it out on Saturday night, but I do know that this season has been a success regardless of the outcome on Saturday night. I'm glad to see these kids win because they've just been so bad for so long. I think it's an amazing accomplishment that they're sitting in the 3rd round with the opportunity to play a team of Gilmer's caliber.

Madison isn't respected like Gilmer, Marlin, Jasper, Cameron or any other teams that are expected to do great things in football, but they're getting there in my opinion. I hope they find a way to win on Saturday and get at least one more game this season. It should be an entertaining game no matter the outcome in Greenville Saturday night.

Buckeye80
11-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Congratulations should go out to the Madison squad, regardless of Saturday's outcome, because they are part of something very special that means more to that community than the kids will know for quite some time. That's the beauty of high school football in Texas.
Anyway, at the risk of being considered a "homer", I'm taking the Buckeyes in this one. They came up two games too short last year, and I think this team has the talent to improve on those results. I think Gilmer has too many weapons and too stingy a defense in this one. The Buckeyes take it and get back to the Region II Finals for the second straight year!

Gilmer 31
Dallas Madison 6