PDA

View Full Version : Who will win? Abilene Wylie or Decatur

Stangster
11-22-2004, 12:55 AM
Make a prediction and then tell us why!

big daddy russ
11-22-2004, 01:19 AM
Congrats on 700 posts, Stangster.

I think Decatur wins because they have pretty unis.

eagleman
11-22-2004, 09:02 AM
not to take away from wylie but I was at the game and three passes, three yards longer, and there's three more touchdowns for Canyon. speedy receivers will get behind the defense. Decatur by a lot!

Titans
11-22-2004, 09:44 AM
The team that scores the most points will win the game...

and that will be...

Decatur :D

Stangster
11-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Wylie has a way of surprising folks, but Decatur's high power offense will be very difficult to slow down, let alone stop. I think it will be a hard fought contest that will be alot closer than last time. Decatur can't afford to look past this game or it might come back to bite them.

Bullaholic
11-22-2004, 04:32 PM
I was at the first game between these two, and unless Abilene-Wylie has added some faster players on both sides of the ball, or made a perfect game plan, Decatur should win again. I think Abilene-Wylie has a good team, I just don't think they match-up well with a team like Decatur this year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Decatur will win this game because of their offense. In addition, their Defense did pretty good last week against Purvey. Held him to 41 yards. Decatur has the total package.

Now with that being said they did lose their #1 running back. Not to take anything away from teh #2 guy, but I did notice a drop off in yards gained after that. Although he had a couple of nice runs near the end of the game.

Tiny
11-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Decatur,SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stangster
11-23-2004, 12:41 AM
ttt

westTXbest
11-23-2004, 02:15 AM
well i really hope wylie wins , i guess eagleman thinks canyon can do better lol, i dont think so just anohther weak team from the north. Wylie will give them a better game.

GOFOR2
11-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Wylie got spanked the first time they played, dont see them improving much.
Decatur 28
Wylie 6

D-Town
11-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Decatur rolls 35-6

pero chato
11-23-2004, 10:48 AM
From all indications, Decatur wins the rematch. The way they've played all season and of course we know what happened the first time these two met. It was such a "thank you sir, may I have another!" I can only hope that my Dawgs are better prepared this time and are ready to play. I won't bore anyone with a homer pick, so I say Decatur by 22, but will scream and holler for the dawgs to win.

tmac
11-23-2004, 11:07 AM
as u see from last week u need 2 take it 1 game

Stangster
11-23-2004, 06:30 PM
ttt

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Congrats on 700 posts, Stangster.

I think Decatur wins because they have pretty unis.

I think Decatur wins... but those Unis are absolutely horrible. I hate the new "modern" look.

MASH4077
11-23-2004, 09:44 PM
And Bridgeport's are pretty?

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2004, 10:52 PM
ROFL... Such a typical "Decatur" answer Mash4077.

I wouldn't ever call a Football UNI pretty. If you ask me to choose the better of the two, yup, I like the Bulls.

I do not like the sleeves one color, chest another, etc. look. Gainesville's looked just as bad to me.

I favor the traditional look. One white jersey. Another jersey in your school's primary color. Your pants in your school's comlimentary color, (not white). Helmets with award decals on them.

I do like the newer eagle's head that D-Town adopted. But I always wished they would have put some wings on their helmets like the Philly Iggles. I think that would look pretty sharp in Blue.

VWG
11-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I think Decatur wins... but those Unis are absolutely horrible. I hate the new "modern" look.

Amen to that! And I am not just bashing on Decatur, but anybody wearing those mid strip, multi-color, new wave Andy Warhol football fashion uniforms. YUCK
Gimme' tradition. I heard Cuero went back to the "old school" look and God bless Vernon. They haven't changed their uniforms since I don't know when. The Lion coming through the Big "V" on their helmets has been part of their tradition for years.
Now... when you do have a storied tradition like some schools you don't need to change. Some coaches come in and want to "change the look" due to an out with the old in with the new.
Oh yeah... gotta love Midland Lee and Odessa Permian. They haven't changed in I don't know when....
Another problem over near Wise County.. Boyd. Way too much yellow in those uniforms. Yellow helmets, yellow jerseys, yellow pants. If the stadium lights burnt out they'd glow in the dark!

slpybear the bullfan
11-23-2004, 11:02 PM
LOL, yeah, Boyd has a good team, but that solid yellow look is pretty strange. I always hate to see yellow shoes because when you watch the game you get to seeing penalty flags when they aren't really there.

I love that Vernon Lion flying through the V. That has always been a classy look.

I also am a fan of sticking with a uniform. At least keep your home jersey's the same and only change up the road uni.

Underwater Basketweaver
11-23-2004, 11:34 PM

It could be a coincidence, but Decatur hasn't lost to Bridgeport since adopting the new uni's. Maybe the Bulls need to add a little black to that pretty maroon. You never know, with the possiblity of Coach H. leaving. New coach, new look????

Underwater Basketweaver
11-24-2004, 11:02 AM
ttt

CRHSeagle
11-24-2004, 12:20 PM
out of district 7-3a my favorite uni's were either little elm's home or bridgeport's home. Castleberry's usually stays the same except for the decals. Last year we had the white lion like the detroit lions and had paws for the award decals. This year we had University of Cinncannati's paw with superman logos for offense awards and skull and cross bones for defense awards.
Oh yeah, I pick decatur by 21.

gobbler bro #49
11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
I THINK ITS GONNA BE CUERO & DECATOUR
IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
:cool: :cool: :cool:

MASH4077
11-24-2004, 04:55 PM
It's DECATUR!!! Wer'e not French dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lil' D
11-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Decatur has a good Defense