PDA

View Full Version : Pick the Winner! Sweetwater or Glen Rose?

Stangster
11-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Make a prediction and tell us why!

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2004, 12:53 AM
I think the speed of Sweetwater will be too much for Glen Rose

jmcgee
11-22-2004, 02:37 AM
I agree Its an underestimated speed

Ranger Mom
11-22-2004, 08:36 AM
I have to admit we received a shock when we played Sweetwater. We were expecting the onslaught of Thompson and Carillo.....but the name I seem to recall hearing the most that night was Skye Green....we didn't expect him!!:D

Oh yeah....I'm going with Sweetwater!

Bubba-Joe
11-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Bubba Joe wanted to let Ranger Mom know that we have a central texas deep camp just south of Brownwood in case she was doing some christmas shopping in the Greater Brownwood Early metoplex this Friday.

Ranger Mom
11-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Bubba Joe wanted to let Ranger Mom know that we have a central texas deep camp just south of Brownwood in case she was doing some christmas shopping in the Greater Brownwood Early metoplex this Friday.

I won't be going to Brownwood to shop or hunt....but I will be there to watch a football game!!:clap:

Bubba-Joe
11-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Bubba Joe wants to know
will Ranger Mom be wearing any Mustang Red?
This one should be a good un
The tigers of Glen Rose v them Sweetwater Mustangs....
Bubba Joe heard that Glen Rose is one of then teams that throws the football a bunch, wonder how that will match up with all the Sweetwater Horse power on Offense???
Bubba Joe will have to see if he can get a booster antena to pick up the radio broadcast of this un....

BlueBlood
11-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Let's see (flipping coin), I'll go with Glen Rose.

Ranger Mom
11-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Bubba Joe wants to know
will Ranger Mom be wearing any Mustang Red?
This one should be a good un
The tigers of Glen Rose v them Sweetwater Mustangs....
Bubba Joe heard that Glen Rose is one of then teams that throws the football a bunch, wonder how that will match up with all the Sweetwater Horse power on Offense???
Bubba Joe will have to see if he can get a booster antena to pick up the radio broadcast of this un....

It's too early to decide what I will wear. I went to the Sweetwater/Vernon playoff game last year. I wore Red that day, but I had my daughter with me who was decked out in head to toe in Greenwood garb.....she got a quite a few "strange" looks!

mustang04
11-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Sweetwater will win this one, and im going to say by a pretty good amount because after last week's performance, despite some ppl's doubts, they handed it to Lbk Cooper on a gold platter. When will everybody realize that Sweetwater is a GREAT team, ive known it since their first game, i mean sheesh thta many sophmore's and juniors doing that well....some ppl never learn!

RangerMom....she wore greenwood stuff to our game last year?!?!?....if she goes to our game against greendwood, tell her she better be sporting red cuz this year im in the stands instead of the field and i can give her a hard time bout it!.......blue:thinking: ......PHOOEEY:tongue:

Ranger Mom
11-22-2004, 12:30 PM
She ain't skeered of you!!:hand:

mustang04
11-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
She ain't skeered of you!!:hand:

sure....if she aint scared of me, then consider me Miles Davis:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
11-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
sure....if she aint scared of me, then consider me Miles Davis:rolleyes:

And that would be....who??

mustang04
11-22-2004, 01:50 PM
have u ever seen Billy Madison w/ adam sandler????

i think Miles Davis was like a black singer, but thats what this lady says on the movie:

"If peeing your pants is cool....then consider me Miles Davis"

Ranger Mom
11-22-2004, 01:51 PM

i think Miles Davis was like a black singer, but thats what this lady says on the movie:

Nope, that is one Sandler movie I guess I missed!!

mustang04
11-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Nope, that is one Sandler movie I guess I missed!! :eek:

Stangster
11-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Sweetwater's speed on offense and defense will be hard to overcome. No one (this year) has defeated the Mustangs with an air attack, those that have tried to pass sooner or later end up turning the ball over. I predict a Sweetwater victory on Friday. Go Mustangs!

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2004, 05:13 PM
I will go with Sweetwater just because I like Mustang04's picture and he is rather humorous!

I know....that has nothing to do with the game or who is the better team, but you have to admit that his picture with the outstretched fingers is kinda funny. It speaks to me........."Hey, hey you, yeah you, please throw me the ball.....I'm waiting.....please....aw, c'mon....give me the ball" :D :D :D

pero chato
11-22-2004, 05:23 PM

Miles Davis was one of the greatest jazz musicians ever. His 1959 album "Kind of Blue" is still considered one of the best jazz albums of all time.

mustang04
11-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I will go with Sweetwater just because I like Mustang04's picture and he is rather humorous!

I know....that has nothing to do with the game or who is the better team, but you have to admit that his picture with the outstretched fingers is kinda funny. It speaks to me........."Hey, hey you, yeah you, please throw me the ball.....I'm waiting.....please....aw, c'mon....give me the ball" :D :D :D

hahahahaha.....hey, when ur a receiver on an option-based team, you tend to do that alot hehe:D

thanx AP Panther Fan, that gave me a good laugh!:p

CHS_DT#75
11-22-2004, 07:38 PM
im goint w/ glen rose just becuz i hope they win... lol.. goood luck

Rainman
11-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey BlueBlood, never pick against Sweetwater because of a coin flip. The red will come to play with their great talent and coaching staff under the man Coach Jackson, one of football's finest in my opinion.

Ranger Mom
11-22-2004, 07:55 PM
I hope Sweetwater takes this one, I am not driving all that distance to see them lose!!

mustang04
11-22-2004, 08:14 PM
I hope Sweetwater takes this one, I am not driving all that distance to see them lose!!

now RangerMom...be more confident, u might as well say "I KNOW the trip will be well worth it!;)

im sry, i was never like this when i played, i always was supersticious not to say that we were 'definitely' going to win, i always just hoped that "the better team" won, maybe thinking God would see my good sportsmanship and let us win hehe:D

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2004, 08:17 PM
im sry, i was never like this when i played, i always was supersticious not to say that we were 'definitely' going to win, i always just hoped that "the better team" won, maybe thinking God would see my good sportsmanship and let us win hehe:D
Haha I always said a prayer before each game that went like this "Lord I know the victory is in your hands, may the best team win and hopefully you think thats us, and if not can you let us steal a victory away anyways. Amen"

mustang04
11-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Haha I always said a prayer before each game that went like this "Lord I know the victory is in your hands, may the best team win and hopefully you think thats us, and if not can you let us steal a victory away anyways. Amen"

haha

Stangster
11-23-2004, 12:30 AM
ttt

westTXbest
11-23-2004, 02:27 AM
Ithink sweetwater will win this one and the div2 championship and they will beat gilmer!!!!!!

mustang04
11-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by westTXbest
Ithink sweetwater will win this one and the div2 championship and they will beat gilmer!!!!!!

yeah if Sweetwater can beat Gilmer in the semi-finals, then i think they can win state, the winner of the semifinal game between reg 1 and reg 2 will be the state winner, there that doesnt sound so bad, cuz snyder, sweetwater, Iowa Park, and Gilmer are all great teams

imahoser
11-23-2004, 02:58 PM
well im definitely no miles davis, reg, but im definitely gonna agree with u that swater is gonna take it to the house. after last years seniors graduated there were many doubts on how good the guys would be this year but they have risen to a level i never thought they could get to. theyre O is by far better than last years team. their d can hold their own still have a few kinks but nobodys perfect. bottom line swater should go far this year. Good luck guys, kick some booty!!

Sorry hoser, we don't allow that on here!!

Stangster
11-23-2004, 06:29 PM
ttt

mustang04
11-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by imahoser
well im definitely no miles davis, reg, but im definitely gonna agree with u that swater is gonna take it to the house. after last years seniors graduated there were many doubts on how good the guys would be this year but they have risen to a level i never thought they could get to. theyre O is by far better than last years team. their d can hold their own still have a few kinks but nobodys perfect. bottom line swater should go far this year. Good luck guys, kick some booty!!

Sorry hoser, we don't allow that on here!!

their O is better AFTER we lost Reid at QB last year, but when we had Reid...man we seriously coulda gone state...:(

tiger_pride1020
11-23-2004, 11:18 PM
IF Sweetwater overlooks Glen Rose and is looking on to the next week, they have something coming. If Glen Rose shuts down the run game of Sweetwater then the pass game of Glen Rose is going to run all over Sweetwater.