PDA

View Full Version : No. 5 Georga 78 No. 2 Texas 64 in Women's College Basketball

PhiI C
11-21-2004, 11:36 PM
This will no doubt knock Texas a few notches in the polls which is ok by me. Georga obviously has a great team but they have a freshman sensation in Tasha Humphrey that sneaked up and played a great game. Still early in the season and hopefully the Lady Horns will be ready if they meet again in the playoffs. I think they can be ready and adjust and beat them in the playoffs when it counts. The Georga Coach gloatenly refered to her as the female Charles Barkley! Way to put pressure on your young freshman coach! :D

sahen
11-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Baylor is gona win the big 12....:) sic'em bears!

BlueBlood
11-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Have you ever noticed that watching girl's basketball is like watching the game in slow motion? Don't you want to push the fast forward button.

jason
11-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by BlueBlood
Have you ever noticed that watching girl's basketball is like watching the game in slow motion? Don't you want to push the fast forward button. yes...girls basketball is absolutely horendous to watch...imo....

PPHSfan
11-22-2004, 09:49 AM
The really good girls HS games are fun to watch.

They don't move slow at all.

Check out the scores.

Lot's of girls HS teams score 70-85 ppg.

Phil C
11-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
The really good girls HS games are fun to watch.

They don't move slow at all.

Check out the scores.

Lot's of girls HS teams score 70-85 ppg.

And those that don't is due to outstanding defensive play! :)

sahen
11-22-2004, 03:36 PM
good women's college ball is exciting as well...

eagleatduke
11-22-2004, 04:58 PM
as long as we are on the subject of women's basketball i have to get in my Duke word of the week...after losing to number 11 notre dame, the lady devils bounced back with a comeback win over 23 penn state...i wonder how long it is going to take for coach G to realize that this team is not going to be at the top until she starts Harding again (suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules). I hope that it isn't before she wrecks our hopes of a national title...that said, i still find college basketball (even women) to be way exciting and intense. even though it is slow for the most part, when the crowd gets into it, nothing is better. GO DEVILS

sahen
11-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by eagleatduke
as long as we are on the subject of women's basketball i have to get in my Duke word of the week...after losing to number 11 notre dame, the lady devils bounced back with a comeback win over 23 penn state...i wonder how long it is going to take for coach G to realize that this team is not going to be at the top until she starts Harding again (suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules). I hope that it isn't before she wrecks our hopes of a national title...that said, i still find college basketball (even women) to be way exciting and intense. even though it is slow for the most part, when the crowd gets into it, nothing is better. GO DEVILS

sry eagleatduke...title is coming through the south this year not the east....:)