PDA

View Full Version : Utah locks up a bcs bowl

Ranger05
11-21-2004, 07:34 PM
thanks to losses by florida state and michigan the utah utes locked up at least a fiesta bowl appearance. All i have to say is are u serious has anybody seen their schedule all i have to say is CUPCAKE anybody could do that with there schedule. Anybody in the top 10 could have gone undefeated with there schedule. IM SORRY BUT THE BCS IS DUMB AND SHOULDNT EVEN EXIST. THEY MADE THE DUMBEST MISTAKE WHEN THEY TOOK STRENGTH OF SCEDULE OUT OF THE POLL. BECAUSE THEN U GET THE TEAMS WHO PLAY CUPCAKE SCHEDULES BENEFIT FROM IT, AND NOT THE TEAMS FROM THE GOOD CONFERENCE SUCH AS THE ACC, SEC AND THE BIG 12. IM SORRY BUT THAT IS JUST WRONG. But congrats to utah on there bcs bowl berth and good luck cause u will need it cause whoever u play will completely demoralize u.

jason
11-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
cause whoever u play will completely demoralize u. i agree

doesnt that knock Texas out ?

texasjeremy
11-21-2004, 07:37 PM
If Utah gets Boston College in the fiesta bowl, Utah will run all over them.

Ranger05
11-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by jason
i agree

doesnt that knock Texas out ?
unless cal gets passed up but right now cal has the other one

texasjeremy
11-21-2004, 07:41 PM
For Texas to have a shot at the BCS, either Cal has to lose to Southern Miss or Auburn has to lose to Tennessee.

Ranger05
11-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
If Utah gets Boston College in the fiesta bowl, Utah will run all over them.
correct me if im wrong but i believe that the 2 at large births with play against each other which will be Cal or Texas (depending on the A&M game)

TheDOCTORdre
11-21-2004, 07:43 PM
correct me if im wrong but i believe that the 2 at large births with play against each other with will be Cal or Texas (depending on the A&M game)
Boston College has the Big East's bid and Cal will be at the Rose BOwl

Ranger05
11-21-2004, 07:48 PM
For Texas to have a shot at the BCS, either Cal has to lose to Southern Miss or Auburn has to lose to Tennessee.
the auburn loss to tennessee can happen and usc doesnt have it easy cause they have to play norte dame and norte dame has shown that they can play in big games ex michigan

AggieBob
11-21-2004, 08:50 PM
None of these senarios matter if A&M can beat texas. And i'd say that has a better shot than hoping Cal, USC, or AUburn loses.
:thinking:

texasjeremy
11-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by AggieBob
None of these senarios matter if A&M can beat texas. And i'd say that has a better shot than hoping Cal, USC, or AUburn loses.

I definitly wouldn't say that.

Ranger05
11-21-2004, 08:59 PM
never said A&M couldnt beat texas other than that i think that the auburn has a good shot at being upset by tennesse

big daddy russ
11-21-2004, 10:18 PM
For Texas to have a shot at the BCS, either Cal has to lose to Southern Miss or Auburn has to lose to Tennessee. The SEC Championship doesn't matter. Whoever wins the SEC goes to a BCS Bowl no matter what. If Auburn loses, Tennessee takes their place.

LHS62
11-21-2004, 10:27 PM
No one has locked up a BCS bowl yet. Texas and Cal will most likely still be above Utah. Texas gained many points in the polls on Cal this week, and Utah is still behind both of these teams. If Texas blows out A&M they will most likely take the fourth spot in the BCS.

Ranger05
11-21-2004, 10:42 PM
wrong utah has it locked up got it from ESPN.

Hupernikomen
11-21-2004, 10:43 PM

duh!

Seriously I agree i think A&M beating UT is more likely than the other scenarios.

AggieBob
11-21-2004, 10:43 PM
I predict another year where texas is just outside of making it looking in. Hw many years in a row will that be? If they could only beat OKlahoma then they would easily make it and would probably have been in a couple of NCs these past few years. but then again you dhave to beat oklahoma...

big daddy russ
11-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by LHS62
No one has locked up a BCS bowl yet. Texas and Cal will most likely still be above Utah. Texas gained many points in the polls on Cal this week, and Utah is still behind both of these teams. If Texas blows out A&M they will most likely take the fourth spot in the BCS. USC has won the Pac-10 and Michigan has won the Big Ten. The Trojans at the very least go to the Rose Bowl, where the Wolverines will be waiting. Unless Notre Dame or UCLA beats the Trojans they'll be in the Orange Bowl.

Ranger05
11-21-2004, 11:18 PM
im really nervous about A&M this year they have a good football team and i think they could just pull off an upset in austin

JasperDog94
11-22-2004, 11:54 AM
The Texas/A&M game will be much closer this year than in the past several years. Texas better not be looking at the polls and focus on A&M. That said, it really doesn't matter what happens in the polls, Texas is looking at the Cotton Bowl again if they win. What a bunch of garbage. The #5 team in the nation doesn't get in to one of the top 8 spots for a bowl game. So much for the "integrity of the bowls".:rolleyes:

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-22-2004, 12:00 PM
For Texas to have a shot at the BCS, either Cal has to lose to Southern Miss or Auburn has to lose to Tennessee. hey heres another option, the most unlikely of all but i can dream can't i??? oklahoma losing to the big 12 championship game...it looks like they will play iowa state. but i dont know...

GOFOR2
11-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Congrats on Utah's season, but who couldnt go undefeated with that soft schedule? They are fixing to get ripped to shreds with they step up into the spotlight. I think that sort of thing has to happen in order for this BCS non-sense to end, too.

tmac
11-22-2004, 12:11 PM
but the bad thing is that its at texas' expense

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
hey heres another option, the most unlikely of all but i can dream can't i??? oklahoma losing to the big 12 championship game...it looks like they will play iowa state. but i dont know...
If that happens it screws Texas over, because Iowa state would get the Big XII bid and well we saw what happened when Ou lost to K State last year

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-22-2004, 12:22 PM
i see what your saying. but in all honesty. aslong as oklahoma is looses, i could put up w/ it.

big daddy russ
11-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
hey heres another option, the most unlikely of all but i can dream can't i??? oklahoma losing to the big 12 championship game...it looks like they will play iowa state. but i dont know... It would be a crazy season for the BCS if Iowa State, Boston College and Utah all made it to one of the big bowls. What would be even crazier is if both UT and Cal lost, Boise State could make it as well.

raider red 2000
11-22-2004, 12:42 PM
i thought that america was about cheering on the little guy.....why is there so many people that are upset with Utah winning all of their games and making it to a BCS bowl. thaey took care of business...unlike over 100 other schools. should they be punished? i save give them a shot at the other undefeated team if OU/USC/Auburn all survive. at least people arnt pushing for harvard to have a shot....i think that they are 11-0.

OldSkool1
11-22-2004, 12:59 PM
thanks to losses by florida state and michigan the utah utes locked up at least a fiesta bowl appearance. All i have to say is are u serious has anybody seen their schedule all i have to say is CUPCAKE anybody could do that with there schedule. Anybody in the top 10 could have gone undefeated with there schedule. IM SORRY BUT THE BCS IS DUMB AND SHOULDNT EVEN EXIST. THEY MADE THE DUMBEST MISTAKE WHEN THEY TOOK STRENGTH OF SCEDULE OUT OF THE POLL. BECAUSE THEN U GET THE TEAMS WHO PLAY CUPCAKE SCHEDULES BENEFIT FROM IT, AND NOT THE TEAMS FROM THE GOOD CONFERENCE SUCH AS THE ACC, SEC AND THE BIG 12. IM SORRY BUT THAT IS JUST WRONG. But congrats to utah on there bcs bowl berth and good luck cause u will need it cause whoever u play will completely demoralize u.

YUP YUP and i cant wait for Utah to get stomped on by someone from a power conference....and i sure wish they could play Texas ..because Texas will be on the outside lookin in ...

GOFOR2
11-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i thought that america was about cheering on the little guy.....why is there so many people that are upset with Utah winning all of their games and making it to a BCS bowl. thaey took care of business...unlike over 100 other schools. should they be punished? i save give them a shot at the other undefeated team if OU/USC/Auburn all survive. at least people arnt pushing for harvard to have a shot....i think that they are 11-0.

This is true, but i dont think their schedule includes the likes of Oklahoma, UT, A&M, Texas Tech, or other schools from other power conferences. Podunk State, Cherokee High, and BYU are not nearly as competitive as those other schools that I mentioned before.

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
This is true, but i dont think their schedule includes the likes of Oklahoma, UT, A&M, Texas Tech, or other schools from other power conferences. Podunk State, Cherokee High, and BYU are not nearly as competitive as those other schools that I mentioned before.

Podunk State put up good numbers against Nowheresville College 2 weeks ago

KTJ
11-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Utah isn't a "lock" for the Fiesta Bowl. But it's about 95% sure they are going. With that said, they better enjoy it while it last. With Meyer bolting for UF, I don't see any type of success in the state of Utah any time soon.

But lets look at it this way--Utah vs. BC in the Fiesta Bowl is extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra boring. Who would want to watch that? I sure wouldn't. Sure, I'd rather see Texas in the BCS bowl generating buku bucks and getting the wide-eyed recruits. But look at this potential matchup--

Texas vs. Georgia in the Cotton Bowl.

As much as I don't want to go back to the ratty Cotton Bowl, I'd go to see us play this game. And while Utah would be the Cinderella story of the season, a Texas/Georgia (or possibly Tennessee) game would generate more interest from the Nation.

Alright, I could go on and on about this but I'm going to get back to watching the Longhorns playing basketball, right now on ESPN2. They are playing in the Maui Classic.

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Utah isn't a "lock" for the Fiesta Bowl. But it's about 95% sure they are going. With that said, they better enjoy it while it last. With Meyer bolting for UF, I don't see any type of success in the state of Utah any time soon.

But lets look at it this way--Utah vs. BC in the Fiesta Bowl is extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra, extra boring. Who would want to watch that? I sure wouldn't. Sure, I'd rather see Texas in the BCS bowl generating buku bucks and getting the wide-eyed recruits. But look at this potential matchup--

Texas vs. Georgia in the Cotton Bowl.

As much as I don't want to go back to the ratty Cotton Bowl, I'd go to see us play this game. And while Utah would be the Cinderella story of the season, a Texas/Georgia (or possibly Tennessee) game would generate more interest from the Nation.

Alright, I could go on and on about this but I'm going to get back to watching the Longhorns playing basketball, right now on ESPN2. They are playing in the Maui Classic.

who are they playing?

Ranger05
11-22-2004, 03:17 PM
yea i would say give them a shot if they actually would have played somebody the only team that they played that was worth a crap was Texas A&M in the first week and i'll admit thats not when A&M started playing good football. UTAH WILL BE SMASHED thanks to the morons who run the bcs good job on taking out strength of schedule now teams like utah get a chance at a bcs bowl which everybody in the entire world knows that they cant compete with Texas, Auburn, USC, OU, they couldnt beat anybody in the Top 10. Put them in the big 12 south and they would finish probably 6th behind OU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and OSU

Bellville22
11-22-2004, 03:18 PM
An A&M vs. Georgia matchup in the Cotton Bowl would be cool too.

KTJ
11-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
who are they playing?

Chaminade--which is the host school.

Halftime right now

Texas - 36
Chaminade - 28

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Chaminade--which is the host school.

Halftime right now

Texas - 36
Chaminade - 28

ahhh Go Chami's, lol, jk. . .

Hook Em

KTJ
11-22-2004, 03:26 PM

When Utah plays in a real conference against such schools as Texas, OU, A&M, Okie State, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa....dude, I could go on forever, then I will give them props for going undefeated and getting to a BCS bowl.

Bellville22
11-22-2004, 03:40 PM
What the heck, I'll give some props to Utah, because I think they are very good, and do deserve a shot at a BCS bowl, where I think they could have success.

Everyone complains because we haven't seen them play any of the traditional powerhouses, so they think they're not any good. Who's to say they wouldn't beat these teams, who's to say they're not one of the top 3 teams in the nation? I think Utah could give OU a serious run for their money. The Utes have a mobile QB and a very good passing attack. I think they could hang with the Sooners. I don't think we can write off the win against A&M as just a fluke win against an A&M team that hadn't clicked yet. The Aggies played very good ball in the weeks immediately following the loss. Perhaps they were just up against a much better Utah team.

I know they don't play in a BCS conference, but they'd win the Big East, compete in the ACC, possibly win the Big 10, compete in the Pac-10, and I think they would compete in the Big XII. They're better than OSU, Tech, A&M, and possibly even Texas and OU. Yea, I said it. How can I back up these statements, I can't. Just like one can't say for sure that they don't deserve to be where they are. The only way is for them to play a powerhouse. I really hope they draw a team other than Boston College in the Fiesta Bowl, so they get a shot at a big boy.

Bulldog_12
11-22-2004, 03:55 PM
You could call the A&M game a fluke. Utah score a crapload of points in the first half, but then everything started clicking in the second half, scoring 14 in the 4th quarter on three possesions, while holding the Utes to 14 in the entire second half. Utah really busted A&M up in the first half and they just couldnt make up the lost ground. So in turn, this game coulda gone the other way had we played like we are now. I really don't think the Utes stand a chance against any teams ranked in the top 10. My prediction, Utah gets smashed by whoever they play.

raider red 2000
11-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
What the heck, I'll give some props to Utah, because I think they are very good, and do deserve a shot at a BCS bowl, where I think they could have success.

Everyone complains because we haven't seen them play any of the traditional powerhouses, so they think they're not any good. Who's to say they wouldn't beat these teams, who's to say they're not one of the top 3 teams in the nation? I think Utah could give OU a serious run for their money. The Utes have a mobile QB and a very good passing attack. I think they could hang with the Sooners. I don't think we can write off the win against A&M as just a fluke win against an A&M team that hadn't clicked yet. The Aggies played very good ball in the weeks immediately following the loss. Perhaps they were just up against a much better Utah team.

I know they don't play in a BCS conference, but they'd win the Big East, compete in the ACC, possibly win the Big 10, compete in the Pac-10, and I think they would compete in the Big XII. They're better than OSU, Tech, A&M, and possibly even Texas and OU. Yea, I said it. How can I back up these statements, I can't. Just like one can't say for sure that they don't deserve to be where they are. The only way is for them to play a powerhouse. I really hope they draw a team other than Boston College in the Fiesta Bowl, so they get a shot at a big boy.

i totally agree...give the new kids on the block a chance...if they look good then great, they have showed us something.....if they get beat by 21 then oh well, we never have to let another non BCS team in the picture, we will just keep taking teams from the big east (BC)

Ranger05
11-22-2004, 05:45 PM
another thing boston college in my opinion is a joke also

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
You could call the A&M game a fluke. Utah score a crapload of points in the first half, but then everything started clicking in the second half, scoring 14 in the 4th quarter on three possesions, while holding the Utes to 14 in the entire second half. Utah really busted A&M up in the first half and they just couldnt make up the lost ground. So in turn, this game coulda gone the other way had we played like we are now. I really don't think the Utes stand a chance against any teams ranked in the top 10. My prediction, Utah gets smashed by whoever they play.

you could. . . but look at the rest of their season. . . but A&M didnt play like they are now. . . so they got spanked by Utah. .

Bulldog_12
11-22-2004, 05:54 PM
I was just illustrating a point by saying that even when we werent playing up to par we still scored in the end and held them. I also wanted to point out that their starters were in this entire time up until the middle of the 4th. I just was using this game as an example as to how they could potentially get hammered.

GOFOR2
11-22-2004, 08:53 PM
The big East is another joke of a football conference. They can play some basketball, but for any team from Utah's conference and BC's conference to get a big time bowl bid with their weak scheduling is ridiculous.

Hupernikomen
11-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Who has Texas beaten?

Top ranked opponent this year #23 OSU...took nothing short of a miracle to win that one. Plus, a week later a gift against Kansas....yeah Kansas.

Who has Utah beaten?

Top ranked opponent #22 Texas A&M...they have bee shakey in a few games as well...

Hard to justify that Texas is that much better than Utah because we really don't any way of knowing unless they play.

I vote for a playoff to see who gets the BCS games!

bigpimpin
11-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Utah can hang with anybody, anyday. Alex Smith is the 2nd most efficient QB in the country and is a dual threat on top of that. I don't care about schedule, Miami lost to North Carolina, Florida lost to Vanderbilt and beat FSU. Louisville, Utah, Southern Miss are all good teams mid-majors or not. I'll put Utah on anyone from the Big East, ACC, and even the Pac-10.

big daddy russ
11-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Hupernikomen, I understand what you're trying to say and agree that Utah should be in there instead of BC, but that #23 ranking is based on the fact that OSU lost to three ranked teams. A&M, UT, and OU have beaten them, knocking them down the rankings. Who would have beat them if they were in the WAC?

Hupernikomen
11-22-2004, 10:25 PM
not many common opponents b/t utah and the big XII. they beat A&M who gave our best team all they wanted...I don't see it being to where they are so unworthy...texas really hasn't proven anything to me.

Ranger05
11-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
Utah can hang with anybody, anyday. Alex Smith is the 2nd most efficient QB in the country and is a dual threat on top of that. I don't care about schedule, Miami lost to North Carolina, Florida lost to Vanderbilt and beat FSU. Louisville, Utah, Southern Miss are all good teams mid-majors or not. I'll put Utah on anyone from the Big East, ACC, and even the Pac-10.
to scared to put them on the toughest conference the big 12 and what about the SEC

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
not many common opponents b/t utah and the big XII. they beat A&M who gave our best team all they wanted...I don't see it being to where they are so unworthy...texas really hasn't proven anything to me.
you are so right Texas has proven nothing and Utah has proven everything with convincing wins against Brigham Young and Wyoming:doh:

Ranger05
11-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
not many common opponents b/t utah and the big XII. they beat A&M who gave our best team all they wanted...I don't see it being to where they are so unworthy...texas really hasn't proven anything to me. A&M is a totally different team from the time that they got beat by utah. I follow college football closely and ive watched utah at its best and they dont belong in a bcs bowl.

GOFOR2
11-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
you are so right Texas has proven nothing and Utah has proven everything with convincing wins against Brigham Young and Wyoming:doh:

nice sarcasm.
Texas and teams like them play in the spotlight every weekend.
Not only is there pressure to win, but to win big.
Every school in the union is shooting for that big bullseye on UT's chest.........I dont think Utah falls into that category. UT makes its opponents better, just as OU does.
I dont think Utah would have held OU to 12 points.

AggieBob
11-22-2004, 11:13 PM
nice sarcasm.
Every school in the union is shooting for that big bullseye on UT's chest.........I dont think Utah falls into that category. UT makes its opponents better, just as OU does.

I dont think they would be held to 0 points either!:evillaugh

GOFOR2
11-22-2004, 11:18 PM

You Aggies dont quit do you? You could care less what your performance is like, jus so long as Texas stumbles. You greatest success is someone else's failure. That is why A&M has so much difficult. Focus on yourself and your program and quit wishing bad stuff on someone else. Focus on what you lame Aggies can control and not what Texas does or does not do. You still lost to OU to, and you dont play OU on "neutral" territory like UT does either, you have an advantage every two years when you play OU at home, and then go to Norman for a stomping. The Cotton Bowl as everyone well knows might as well be in Oklahoma, an advantage for OU every year.

big daddy russ
11-22-2004, 11:20 PM
You Aggies dont quit do you? You could care less what your performance is like, jus so long as Texas stumbles. You greatest success is someone else's failure. That is why A&M has so much difficult. Focus on yourself and your program and quit wishing bad stuff on someone else. Focus on what you lame Aggies can control and not what Texas does or does not do. You still lost to OU to, and you dont play OU on "neutral" territory like UT does either, you have an advantage every two years when you play OU at home, and then go to Norman for a stomping. The Cotton Bowl as everyone well knows might as well be in Oklahoma, an advantage for OU every year. Not this again.

AggieBob
11-22-2004, 11:25 PM
You Aggies dont quit do you? You could care less what your performance is like, jus so long as Texas stumbles. You greatest success is someone else's failure. That is why A&M has so much difficult. Focus on yourself and your program and quit wishing bad stuff on someone else. Focus on what you lame Aggies can control and not what Texas does or does not do. You still lost to OU to, and you dont play OU on "neutral" territory like UT does either, you have an advantage every two years when you play OU at home, and then go to Norman for a stomping. The Cotton Bowl as everyone well knows might as well be in Oklahoma, an advantage for OU every year.

:confused: I thought we were talking about Utah....did i say anything about A&M's preformances???:thinking:

GOFOR2
11-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Not this again.

I didnt start it.
I was not ever picking on a&m.
He came right out and said it.
I know what he was getting at.
But this Aggie (& Aggies in general) just love every chance they get to take a cheapshot at UT.
I suppose his degrading of UT and support of Utah just makes him feel better about his program since they lost to Utah early in the season. In my earlier post I gave A&M props but this guy could not understand that.

GOFOR2
11-22-2004, 11:28 PM

What is this quote? You're talking about the 12-0 loss to OU, or did you forget?

big daddy russ
11-22-2004, 11:59 PM
What is this quote? You're talking about the 12-0 loss to OU, or did you forget? Maybe he was saying that, but let's not get into it right now. You still have a couple more days and then you can let loose.

Simma.

KTJ
11-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Arkansas, Okie State, Texas Tech, and Mizzou were all ranked when we beat them.

I don't know why Texas hasn't proved anything to you. Holding OU to it's lowest point total all season is at least something positive from that game. Beating a mudhole in Tech, AT LUBBOCK, is an accomplishment in itself. That is unhead of nowadays. No one just waltzes into Jones SBC Stadium in Lubbock and manhandles Texas Tech--oh, but we did.

Hump, normally I see the point in your arguments but not on this one. Utah would get badonkadonked in the Big 12, ACC, or SEC. Beating teams like Wyoming or Idaho State prove nothing.

GOFOR2
11-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Arkansas, Okie State, Texas Tech, and Mizzou were all ranked when we beat them.

I don't know why Texas hasn't proved anything to you. Holding OU to it's lowest point total all season is at least something positive from that game. Beating a mudhole in Tech, AT LUBBOCK, is an accomplishment in itself. That is unhead of nowadays. No one just waltzes into Jones SBC Stadium in Lubbock and manhandles Texas Tech--oh, but we did.

Hump, normally I see the point in your arguments but not on this one. Utah would get badonkadonked in the Big 12, ACC, or SEC. Beating teams like Wyoming or Idaho State prove nothing.

Das wat I'm sayin'

big daddy russ
11-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Arkansas, Okie State, Texas Tech, and Mizzou were all ranked when we beat them.... Arkie wasn't ranked when you played them. They had some votes in the AP and the ESPN polls, but they were in the 35-40 range when UT played them. They weren't in the top 25 at all this year.

Bellville22
11-23-2004, 11:37 AM
I follow college football closely and ive watched utah at its best and they dont belong in a bcs bowl.

I follow college football closely, as well. I've watched Utah at its best and I think they absolutely deserve to be in a BCS Bowl.

I think they deserve to be ranked where they are, and I think they can hang with the top teams in the country.

Bellville22
11-23-2004, 11:47 AM
According to Brad Edward's report on ESPN.com, if Boise St. got into the Top 6 (should Texas lose to A&M), they would get the bid over #4 Cal. Would also be the case if Cal lost and dropped out of the top 6, Boise St. would get the bid over potential #4 Texas.

Could be a very interesting few weeks.

Playoffs anyone?

Hupernikomen
11-23-2004, 12:11 PM
nice sarcasm.

You don't think...I don't think...etc. etc...it is all just conjecturing...the point is we don't know and will never know until we get a playoff system. UT wins just haven't been so impressive to me that I feel they are a no-brainer choice over Utah. I am a big Texas fan I just don't think you can automatically make that case based on the evidence!

District303aPastPlayer
11-23-2004, 12:27 PM
i surely hope that cal loses, so Boise St and Utah can both make a bowl. . .