PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill - Bridgeport Edition

GreenMonster
11-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Rumor has it Bridgeport HC/AD Danny Henson is going to make a move this offseason. The rumor is that he will accept if offered the Saginaw Boswell HC/AD position. Saginaw Boswell is Henson's alma matter and only a few miles from Bridgeport. At the current time this is just a rumor. Henson has resisted the chance to move several times in the past few years but this could be the one. Going home is every coach's goal.

VWG
11-21-2004, 07:49 PM
That would be a good move. More money, and going back to his alma mater. The downside is Boswell is a small 5A school and doesn't have much winning tradition on their side.
Bridgeport should be stronger next year with several underclassmen starting for them this year.

Bullaholic
11-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Rumor has it Bridgeport HC/AD Danny Henson is going to make a move this offseason. The rumor is that he will accept if offered the Saginaw Boswell HC/AD position. Saginaw Boswell is Henson's alma matter and only a few miles from Bridgeport. At the current time this is just a rumor. Henson has resisted the chance to move several times in the past few years but this could be the one. Going home is every coach's goal.

GreenMonster......I have heard that rumor for some time now. I have no official confirmation or denial that I can provide at this time. We would hate to lose Coach Henson, but would never want to deny him a chance to "climb" the coaching ladder. I will try to give an official status report just as soon as something becomes official from a reliable source.

slpybear the bullfan
11-21-2004, 09:53 PM
This rumor has taken many, many different forms over the last 18 months.

I will follow Bullaholic's lead and make no public comments.

GreenMonster
11-21-2004, 09:58 PM
I was hoping that you B-port guys would know more than what you do. I heard this rumor in the stands Saturday night at the game vs. B-Port in Saginaw. the guy that told me is a pretty reliable source but pointed out that there was nothing official yet. Please do keep us updated if any new information arises. I think Coach Henson is one of the finest in the state and it would be a tremendous loss for B-Port if he leaves.