PDA

View Full Version : Yoemen downed by Robinson in scrimmage

theyoefnshow
08-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Just read on KMIL.com that in the scrimmage the Rockets won 2-1 and in a simulated quarter, they won 3-0. Hope the Yoemen get it together in time for China Spring!!

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
08-22-2003, 11:04 PM
The eYo need work on both sides of the ball. in the quarter the eYo had - yardage they also looked to be out of shape. the O missed PITTMAN big time. the qb ran for his life & got 2 grounding penalties on 2 of the first 3 plays of in quarter. looks to possibility be a long year for the eYo you might hear that thumping noise you referred to in 1 of your previous post

theyoefnshow
08-22-2003, 11:54 PM
first of it's Yoe or oYe if you will. As for the thumping noise, you boys in Caldwell are all too used to that huh? Besides scrimmages don't mean a thing. Of course, even if Cameron does have a rough year (wow how often does that happen) it won't be because of playing such "quality" teams such as Smithville, Hearne, Madisonville and Liberty Hill. Besides, I'm sure Mullins will pull everything together because it's simple. If he doesn't, he's gone. Cameron fans DON'T tolerate a losing season. It's not acceptable. Of course....what would Caldwell know about that?

Lombardi
08-23-2003, 09:39 AM
I agree that Yoe takes on all comers in non-district. It will pay off when district comes around.

keep_it_real
08-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Is Mullins capable of being the starter? Who else can play quarterback?

theyoefnshow
08-23-2003, 03:02 PM
well, politics aside he's the only one I've heard of. He isn't too bad from what I understand but he's not you know who. I think the passing game will take a backseat to the run this year but on the other hand, Curtis Hoyle is a big tall target so I could be suprised.

cunbed10
08-25-2003, 08:12 AM
Yeah! since I've been here in central Texas, I've noticed that the Yoeman has always had a great football program, and you can bet your last dollar the Coach Malone and the Marlin Bulldogs won't take the Yoe lightly, and for that matter,no one in the 18-3A district better take these guys lightly because they are dangerous, even if they're 0-9 when they come to Marlin, will we still beware of the Yoe.

keep_it_real
08-25-2003, 12:21 PM
Even though Sapp stepped down I don't think much is changing as far as the cameron scheme. I thought Mullins called the shots on offense the last 2 or 3 seasons anyway.

yoemenkracker30
08-29-2003, 12:04 AM
ok.....first of all.....it's DEFENSE that wins championships. Hudson left Cameron to go to Rogers for god knows what reason and Coach Wilson is installing a new defense. Even though Mullins is the A-D now, nothings gonna change even though they say Sapp's the offensive coordinator. Mullins has been calling plays the past 3 years and he's not gonna stop just because he's the A-D. Second.....the new QB is Mullins's son, Ryan. He's a junior with a lot of potential to be a pocket passer. Look for him to hit it big with targets Jerrel Smith, Byron Majors, Curtis Hoyle, and Derek Evans. The running game isn't gonna change much since almost the whole o-line is returning juniors and the backfield of Shane Taylor and Darius Johnson as well. On defense, they are a young team with varsity expeirience. Remember...this same team had 2/3 as many sophmores as seniors last year. A small senior class won't help much, but the Junior leadership will play a big role.

theyoefnshow
08-29-2003, 12:45 AM
here's hoping you are right my friend. See you guys @ China Spring!!