PDA

View Full Version : Center...somebody tell me something about them

dogdad
11-21-2004, 12:58 PM
embarrassed to say that I never heard of them
they have to be good to get out of the East Texas bracket, right?

Center should be in the middle of the state (near West), right?

Keith7
11-21-2004, 01:00 PM
i already tryed this good luck

3afan
11-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Center is NE of Nacogdoches, kinda in between Nac & Carthage

jason
11-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Like Keith said, he's already tried this - maybe this will help (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23300&highlight=center)

Wildcat81
11-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Center is NE of Nacogdoches, kinda in between Nac & Carthage

Close to San Augustine and Hemphill.

dogdad
11-21-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm more interested in their team than their geography. Anyone know about their talent, their off., def., etc. I heard they were 0-10 last year. True?

jason
11-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
I'm more interested in their team than their geography. Anyone know about their talent, their off., def., etc. I heard they were 0-10 last year. True? yes - from the link posted above

Originally posted by Hupernikomen

Congrats on quite a turnaround..from 0-10 to 3 rounds deep..i reiterate my vote for coach of the year for whoever is there.

Rabbit'93
11-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by jason
yes - from the link posted above

So basically that thread had no information on the team either.

jason
11-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
So basically that thread had no information on the team either. well, nobody really seems to know about the team, but it did say they went from 0-10 to 3 rounds deep, thats what i was showing him...

i still cant get over the fact that royse city is still in the playoffs....it just dont sit right with me lol......

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 04:15 PM
region 2 is weak so royse city and center wont have anything to do with the state final... one of them we'll just be another win and a game to pad stats for decatur

gobbler grad
11-21-2004, 04:18 PM
they are like "center of attention" right now...a cinderella team or what!!

BIGHANK
11-21-2004, 04:29 PM
fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbit'93
11-21-2004, 05:53 PM

i still cant get over the fact that royse city is still in the playoffs....it just dont sit right with me lol......

I know what your saying. When I was a senior we were beating the 49-0 at halftime. I hear their quarterback is pretty good this year.

dogdad
11-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
region 2 is weak so royse city and center wont have anything to do with the state final... one of them we'll just be another win and a game to pad stats for decatur
your ID says you're from Cuero. I won't disrespect your team like you did to RC, but if you don't get past Sinton why don't you come up to Dallas to see us play Decatur or Wylie. I'll even get you a ticket, Flowerhead!

dogdad
11-21-2004, 07:07 PM
well, nobody really seems to know about the team, but it did say they went from 0-10 to 3 rounds deep, thats what i was showing him...

who does Forney play this week?

jason
11-21-2004, 07:10 PM
who does Forney play this week? :rolleyes:

give a school one good year, and their fans get cocky....

Rabbit'93
11-21-2004, 07:19 PM
who does Forney play this week?
I believe they play Richardson Pierce. I might be wrong though.

I wasn't trying to down RC Dogdad but you have to admit that RC hasn't had great success in the past. I can only speak on my experience with RC in the past and we pretty much had our way with them back in '92. I personally hope you guys do well. I have you winnning Reg. II on my Bracket. Best of luck this week.

jason
11-21-2004, 07:20 PM
they've actually got commerce on monday

Rabbit'93
11-21-2004, 09:30 PM
they've actually got commerce on monday

Ah thanks for clearing that up Jason!:D

PPHSfan
11-21-2004, 09:43 PM
I will tell you something about Center.

They are the team that is gonna get throttled by Royse City this week.:p

dogdad
11-21-2004, 10:48 PM
PPHS.......I like your style

Hupernikomen
11-21-2004, 10:53 PM

I wasn't trying to down RC Dogdad but you have to admit that RC hasn't had great success in the past. I can only speak on my experience with RC in the past and we pretty much had our way with them back in '92. I personally hope you guys do well. I have you winnning Reg. II on my Bracket. Best of luck this week.

Midland hadn't made the playoffs since the 50's and played for the state championship....In high school football anything can happen. Those who think Royse City can just walk over Center better not believe that too much. Center I think someone put it well when the mention that Center beat a team by 30+ in the playoffs...that same team had beat them by 30+ earlier in the year.

Now same thing can be said for whichever one gets Decatur...if Decatur wins this week. Every year us downlowers just think we know who is gonna win it all but it seems like the majority of us miss it.

dogdad
11-21-2004, 11:08 PM
I can assure you that the RC coaches and players have a great deal of respect for Center. They have scouted and looked at films and thet know that Center did not get to this point without being good. Your point about "in h.s. football anything can happen" is well taken. In '98 Royse City faced Tatum in the 3rd round and nobody picked RC to win. Tatum was highly ranked, huge, and very fast. But on that particular night the underdog prevailed. At this point in the play-offs anybody can beat anybody on a given night. Royse City respects Center, Decatur, Abilene Wylie, etc., but the Dogs fear no one.