PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill Eagles

bheagle03
11-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Boys: ya'll had a great season.. ya'll are wonderful.. just our injuries killed us .. i had faith in ya'll and i just wish the seniors the best of luck..other boys we got next year.. so get ready!! we're goin to win state next year! c'mon ya'll can do it!! love ya boys!!

Laura and Claire- ya'll looked great dancin' to the drumline.. i love watching ya'll!!;)

BHKrystal06
11-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Laura and Claire - I'd be scared if I were you....:eek:

eagle.eyes
11-22-2004, 09:45 AM
so get ready!! we're goin to win state next year! c'mon ya'll can do it!!

Are you talking about basketball or volleyball?

Jody
11-22-2004, 10:12 AM
Football state title is not going to happen with Skidmore coaching. Even if we get Barry Sanders running for us.

shellman54
11-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Congrats guys and girls, great seasons. Next year will be even better, keep your heads up high!!!

eagle.eyes
11-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Jody, while I agree we're on the same page, I don't feel the prob is Skidmore but rather Price. I do wish they would give little Price a chance at play calling, the O would open up. I'm here to tell you I think he's a star if given the chance. The boys would run through a wall for him. People on the outside looking in think D Price is a god, but on the inside looking out he's killing us, especially from an AD standpoint. Absolutely no support for the other sports programs, and football, well he's worried about district and making the playoffs to keep his job. He has never mentioned state to his players, it's always "Don't be the first team to not make the playoffs!" Now before I get blasted from the Price cronies, I realize our other programs do quite well over all, but hell, look at our facilities and fan/parent support! Our jr high facilities are better than most HS's in the whole state. Our last bond proposal spent more money on athletic facilities than most districts spend on a new high school. OK I'm done, let the bashing begin! It's headed my way like a QB keeper.

Jody
11-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
Jody, while I agree we're on the same page, I don't feel the prob is Skidmore but rather Price. I do wish they would give little Price a chance at play calling, the O would open up. I'm here to tell you I think he's a star if given the chance. The boys would run through a wall for him. People on the outside looking in think D Price is a god, but on the inside looking out he's killing us, especially from an AD standpoint. Absolutely no support for the other sports programs, and football, well he's worried about district and making the playoffs to keep his job. He has never mentioned state to his players, it's always "Don't be the first team to not make the playoffs!" Now before I get blasted from the Price cronies, I realize our other programs do quite well over all, but hell, look at our facilities and fan/parent support! Our jr high facilities are better than most HS's in the whole state. Our last bond proposal spent more money on athletic facilities than most districts spend on a new high school. OK I'm done, let the bashing begin! It's headed my way like a QB keeper.

I totally agree with you. Price lacks leadership skills and is not respected. I would like to see both gone. Just watch the other side lines and see how the coches meet kids at the sidelines an COACH them. Price doesn't get within 20 yards of player or other coaches. Maybe those headphones are playing rap music or something?

Can't exclude Skidmore....he calls the offense.

X21AAAPlayer
11-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
Laura and Claire - I'd be scared if I were you....:eek: That's why you get big friends like Jason and I to protect you. :D ESPECIALLY if you're cute!

Rainman
11-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks to all Barbers Hill athletes for a great season. Football, Cross country and Volleyball. I am amazed at the schools support for these programs. All teams banded together, something that was a dream only a year ago, and competed. To the fans, you people amazed me this weekend with your spirit in Huntsville but also San Marcos. We never gave up this weekend and it was a great leap in the mentallity for the up coming seasons and years. (Except that Don Price couldn't make it to the volleyball state match.) Good luck to all players in thier remaining contest in this year and for years to come.

GO BIG BLUE! May the Eagles always soar.

Hupernikomen
11-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Football state title is not going to happen with Skidmore coaching. Even if we get Barry Sanders running for us.

Well sorry to see the Eagles go down...guess we will have to try the t-shirt gig next year. BH has a good program, you win as a team you lose as a team...coaches did a fine job this year as they always do. Wonder what would happen if BH football coach wore cut-off shorts at the state championship game if BH every gets there?

Jody
11-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Well sorry to see the Eagles go down...guess we will have to try the t-shirt gig next year. BH has a good program, you win as a team you lose as a team...coaches did a fine job this year as they always do. Wonder what would happen if BH football coach wore cut-off shorts at the state championship game if BH every gets there?

Hell I will go naked if they would just get the staff to get us there......LOL I know, you can't wait for that huh.......:D

The best team won Friday....no doubt about that. Kirbyville was pretty darn good.......better than I expected.

Hupernikomen
11-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Were you at the volleyball game saturday? I hear your coach was in shorts...kinda not the normal attire for state championship volley I understand.

Jody
11-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Nah.....the weather was bad so I did not make the drive. I did not hear that.....guess he ran out of clothes traveling to so many back-to-back post season games.:D :D

Hupernikomen
11-22-2004, 03:17 PM
ran out?? i don't think he ever had them...sure had a good year though. i will give him that.

RBARKER
11-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes

I'm with you Eagle Eyes, no one in our comunity makes the coaches answer for anything, they just say we lost to a better team and next year will be different ,NOT. Anyone who has followed the Eagles the past several years see our Coaches get eaten alive in the playoffs, Once the talent level goes up BH falls in the playoffs. It's sickining. Players Thanks for a great season of entertainment hold your heads up, I hope the coaching gets better before another great class of atheletes move on.

bheagle03
11-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by X21AAAPlayer
That's why you get big friends like Jason and I to protect you. :D ESPECIALLY if you're cute!

what is that supposed to mean?
Laura and Claire are more than cute!

eagle.eyes
11-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Barker, I'm not upset about the loss to Kirbyville this year. They were definitely the better team at this point in the year. My frustrations have been built over a few years. No support for the non-football programs. Heck the football players are silently encouraged not to participate in other sports unless it's track. Look what was walking the halls last year when we lost to Manor, guys like Monk, Carmona and Bazan. The 3 best athletes in the school. Resentment for Price has cost us further advancement in the playoffs more than outcoaching.

Rainman
11-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Leonard always wears shorts and a white tee-shirt. No they are not cut-off. Abnormanl for state yes, but is Lenny going to change for old UIL high brass, no. Congrats to the Eagles and coach, "I would wear shorts every day to work if the boss wouldn't fire me." Leonard

Hupernikomen
11-22-2004, 08:00 PM
With what he has done I would imagine he could get away with it...shorts at state tourney...yeah that is a bit different.

hsfootballrules
11-22-2004, 09:18 PM
I am not commenting about the coaching cause you guys get mad when I give my opinion. I will say this if you think Monk, Carmona, and Bazan are the best athlets we have had they aren't even in the to 20 and that is being nice. Monk wasnt bad but the other two my gosh get a clue

Mr.EagleToYou
11-22-2004, 09:33 PM
MY ONLY QUESTION IS -- DIDNT OUR OFFENSIVE COACHES SCOUT KVILLE? DIDNT THEY KNOW THAT KVILLE WOULD PLAY 8 IN THE BOX? DIDNT THEY KNOW THAT THEY WOULD RUSH 7 OR 8 AGAINST OUR 5? DIDNT THEY PREPARE FOR THIS? WE SHOULDVE HELPED OUR OLINEMEN WITH DIFFERENT BLOCKING SCHEMES TO OFFSET THEIR SPEED. HOW ABOUT A ROLLING POCKET AND GIVE #11 THE OPTION TO RUN?

HOW DO YOU NOT GAMEPLAN WITH QUICK HITTING PLAYS, SCREENS, POP PASS TO TIGHT END, REVERSES ETC.? WE ONLY GOT THE BALL TO 86 TWICE AND NEVER TO 84. WE HAD WAY TOO MANY "SECOND AND 12", "THIRD AND 10" SITUATIONS. THE SAFETY WAS 10 YDS FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE DARING US TO THROW AT HIM.

OUR DEFENSE PLAYED GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN THIS GAME. OUR OFFENSE WAS POORLY PREPARED. WE HAD A COUPLE OF PLAYER MISTAKES BUT THIS LOSS IS ON THE OFFENSIVE GAMEPLAN -- OR LACK OF A GAMEPLAN THAT IS.

BlackSmith
11-22-2004, 09:43 PM
I can't beleve that the play calling was so anemic and played rite into Kirbyvilles hands. We were not prepared to handle there speed and WE COULD HAVE!

Question: What is the purpose of spreading with triplet wideouts if you basically only get the ball to one of them all season? No need to even cover two of them because the OC isnt going to pass it to either of the slot receivers. I think Kirbyville knew this, gave us a courtesy look and then blitzed the crap out of us anyway! WHY NOT LINE UP IN TWO TIGHT END SET AND RUN SMASH MOUTH RIGHT AT THEM? Did we ever try this?

Jody
11-23-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by BlackSmith
I can't beleve that the play calling was so anemic and played rite into Kirbyvilles hands. We were not prepared to handle there speed and WE COULD HAVE!

Question: What is the purpose of spreading with triplet wideouts if you basically only get the ball to one of them all season? No need to even cover two of them because the OC isnt going to pass it to either of the slot receivers. I think Kirbyville knew this, gave us a courtesy look and then blitzed the crap out of us anyway! WHY NOT LINE UP IN TWO TIGHT END SET AND RUN SMASH MOUTH RIGHT AT THEM? Did we ever try this?

Well I'll be damned..........:D I have been bashed for 3 years for saying this.........hahahaha I am glad to see I am not the only one who can see what has been so accurately described above.

Now go post it on BHSPORTS REPORT site.......I did! :D

eagle.eyes
11-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Hsfoot, you need to get a clue and reread my post carefully....It's called reading comprehension!

hsfootballrules
11-23-2004, 06:37 PM
I did read it understand that what I tell you if you think those are the best athlete's get a clue......I dont think coaching is the problem but your assesment of talent is about as good as me cooking

FootballQueen
11-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Were monk, bazon or carmona even out on the field? They were to concerned with other sports. All 3 of them walked out on there team. They are good but they QUIT. What happen to louis duncan? Its hard to play middle and high school football at barbers hill if dont love the sport. Congratulations to those who do i'm proud of you.

LENNY IS GREAT THE BEST TEACHER AND A DARN GOOD VOLLEYBALL COACH AND CAN EAT THOSE CRAWFISH

BHtheHILL
11-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Congratulations on a fine season Eagles. Personally I don't think Bear Bryant could have coached yall to victory against Kirbyville. We just had to many injuries and that is that. I wish the seniors good luck & for the underclassmen, its time to hit the weight room.

Jody
11-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by BHtheHILL
Congratulations on a fine season Eagles. Personally I don't think Bear Bryant could have coached yall to victory against Kirbyville. We just had to many injuries and that is that. I wish the seniors good luck & for the underclassmen, its time to hit the weight room.

This is true. Kirbyville was and is a good team. Strong Defense. Almost as good as BH last year or early in this season. Recall the 26 yards of offense that Anahuac was held too. Nice Job Eagles.

State Finals in 2005! (Assuming we get a new OC)

3ABirdMan
11-24-2004, 12:55 PM
This is true. Kirbyville was and is a good team. Strong Defense. Almost as good as BH last year or early in this season. Recall the 26 yards of offense that Anahuac was held too. Nice Job Eagles.

State Finals in 2005! (Assuming we get a new OC)

Hey, old friend, I hate to bust your bubble, but there's only 1 OC , AND WE GOT HIM! :inlove:

Old Cardinal , remember who your TRUE friends are!:D

RBARKER
11-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey 3Abirdman are you or Old Card going to any games this week? Jody and I are going to watch Jasper /Cameron Yoe.

Jody
11-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Hey, old friend, I hate to bust your bubble, but there's only 1 OC , AND WE GOT HIM! :inlove:

Old Cardinal , remember who your TRUE friends are!:D

Hey there friend..... Yes, you know me......:D .....I have to keep what few I have.......:D We will be at the Japser game Friday..........rooting for Cameron Yoe of course......:eek:

Did you ever find a keeper of "The Shirt"? :D

3ABirdMan
11-24-2004, 10:52 PM
I still have the "shirt", hanging in my closet - I can't seem to find anyone from BC that it will fit - Either too large or too small:doh: !

I'm not gonna be able to make any games - Too much "family" action. I really would have liked to have gone to Silsbee last week and see Jasper vs Liberty - Didn't work out.

You guys travel safe, and we'll be in touch.

ej2525
11-24-2004, 11:58 PM
I wouldn't wear it!!! I had to post for a week with the signature line I had. I certainly wouldn't wear that t-shirt Jody!!! It was offered to me with a decline!!

j_dog
11-25-2004, 03:31 PM
... We will be at the Japser game Friday..........rooting for Cameron Yoe of course......:eek:
...:D
Keep on doing what you've been doing and you're going to keep on getting what you've been getting! :D

Jasper wins in a big time shoot out! :)