PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park/Bridgeport Game Analysis

Bullaholic
11-21-2004, 10:43 AM
The experienced Iowa Park Hawks used a very controlled, balanced ground game and effective aerial attack to overcome the young Bulls. The Hawks scored 3 times through the air, and kept their drives alive with their multiple-set ground game. The IP QB made numerous big plays by rolling out and finding open receivers for the scores. This was the biggest factor that led to the Bull defeat, coupled with an opportunistic IP secondary that came up with 3 ints. The Bull offense had a good first quarter with Colin Jones running for big yards, but as the game progressed the young Bull QB and receivers were out of sync and did not throw and catch that well, and the IP D started stopping Jones for short gains. The Bull D had an overall good night, defended against the long-pass and long run well, but could not keep the IP O from sustaining drives on the ground and scoring through the air with roll-out passes.

Macarthur
11-21-2004, 11:47 AM
Bull, as a Hawk fan, I think you analysis is pretty acurate. I kept asking myself during this game, "how could these guys have lost 7 games this year?" The Bulls are a good team.

Jones is a very good RB. However, I think IP's tough district and pre-district schedule really showed in this game. While Jones is a good back (possibly the best we have faced this year), IP has seen lots of good ones in their games with Vernon, Bowie, WFHS, Hirschi, Graham & Wimberly. The Hawk defense just continues to get it done. When you look at their front 7 on paper (size), you would think teams could push them around, but it just doesn't happen. I still think this will ultimately be their downfall when and if someone beats them.

I think the big story here was that the weather was the great equalizer. Neither team was really able to do what they wanted on a consistent basis. Therefore, you have a close game.

Congrats to the Bulls. I still don't know how they lost 7 games...

VWG
11-21-2004, 12:00 PM
The Bulls are going to be dangerous next year. Young team, and if I am not mistaken Jones is just a junior.