PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie offense comes alive!

Adidas410s
10-26-2002, 12:31 AM
Abilene Wylie scores on a 75yd delay on the 1st play from scrimmage and it was all over from there against Comanche. It was 21-0 w/ 6:31 left in the 1st quarter and then 34-0 at the half. The final was 41-0 as Sandifer just had the backups in for most of the 2nd and they were just running up the middle. It was GREAT to see the Wylie offense dominate ANYBODY for awhile. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wildstangs
10-26-2002, 12:41 AM
Adidas410s:
Abilene Wylie scores on a 75yd delay on the 1st play from scrimmage and it was all over from there against Comanche. It was 21-0 w/ 6:31 left in the 1st quarter and then 34-0 at the half. The final was 41-0 as Sandifer just had the backups in for most of the 2nd and they were just running up the middle. It was GREAT to see the Wylie offense dominate ANYBODY for awhile. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Congrats to the Dogs! Good luck. Looks like the Ballinger game might be a little better than we thought a few weeks ago?

whsfan
10-27-2002, 11:18 AM
This was a very good game for Wylie. Comanche was 2-0 coming into the game and looking to make it 3-0.

The best part about the night was that were no Wylie fumbles!!!!!!!!! and the defense was dominating too!!!

Adidas410s
10-27-2002, 12:19 PM
I didn't have this info when I first posted this, but Wylie finished the game w/ 433 yds on the ground on only 38 carries. For those of you w/o a calcuator, that works out to 11.4 yds/carry. All I have to say to that is WOW! eek! eek! eek!

BlackAttack
10-28-2002, 12:03 AM
Well, after watching Wylie play for the last three weeks I'd have to say this was by far their best showing so far. I think that Martin, # 16, should play the entire game but I guess you do what works? Wylie looked like a complete team this time and they could have won 60-0 if they wanted to. They played their second teamers virtually the entire second half. I liked the continuity on offense this time around. The belly bum play on the first play from scrimmage ended the game right then and there. Just like last year vs. Ballinger! It took Comanche's breath away and they never recovered. Sandifer has a knack at knowing when to pull trick plays out of his sleeve. Nice call by him and outstanding performance all around. It will be interesting to see if Wylie picks up where it left off when they take on Brady. If so then Wylie might be starting to gel, as they say!

whsfan
10-28-2002, 12:41 AM
I have to completely disagree about #16 "playing the entire game". Well maybe, just not as the starting QB over Cole Landers. First, of all he is not as effective as #18 Cole Landers. He has lots of experience with the Wylie offensive system. Second, he looks a little selfish with the ball. This week he missed numerous options and passes just to keep the ball himself. He just needs to learn how to utilize and coordinate the team better and not worry about himself or stats. Bad call BlackAttack. #16 is a very good backup QB to the starter Cole Landers.

BlackAttack:
Well, after watching Wylie play for the last three weeks I'd have to say this was by far their best showing so far. I think that Martin, # 16, should play the entire game but I guess you do what works? Wylie looked like a complete team this time and they could have won 60-0 if they wanted to. They played their second teamers virtually the entire second half. I liked the continuity on offense this time around. The belly bum play on the first play from scrimmage ended the game right then and there. Just like last year vs. Ballinger! It took Comanche's breath away and they never recovered. Sandifer has a knack at knowing when to pull trick plays out of his sleeve. Nice call by him and outstanding performance all around. It will be interesting to see if Wylie picks up where it left off when they take on Brady. If so then Wylie might be starting to gel, as they say!

BlackAttack
10-28-2002, 03:12 PM
WHS Fan, I think you might be a liitle bit confused. If you're telling me that #18 is a better qb than you've made the bad call! If you're running the option than #18 is your man because he runs downhill and has no fear as far as contact is concerned. However, if you're telling me that #18 is a better passer then you're wrong as far as I'm concerned! #16 is a better passer and has the stronger arm of the two. I am confident of that one! You're right about #16 not running the option well but that's because he's not an option qb! That's not his fault and both qb's threw interceptions. So I don't see where you think # 18 is better! If anything I figure they compliment one another because each has his a certain talent that's better than the other! Maybe that's why they split time together!

whsfan
10-28-2002, 05:11 PM
BlackAttack, it looks like we may actually agree on some of the same points. I agree that #16 has a very strong arm. But there is a lot more to the QB position than just throwing the long ball. My only point was that 16 has less experience with the Wylie offense(no fault of his) and 18 has been more effective overall. So, no way 16 plays the whole game over 18.

Isn't it wonderful to have 2 QB's of this caliber? At some point it will pay big dividends.

BlackAttack:
WHS Fan, I think you might be a liitle bit confused. If you're telling me that #18 is a better qb than you've made the bad call! If you're running the option than #18 is your man because he runs downhill and has no fear as far as contact is concerned. However, if you're telling me that #18 is a better passer then you're wrong as far as I'm concerned! #16 is a better passer and has the stronger arm of the two. I am confident of that one! You're right about #16 not running the option well but that's because he's not an option qb! That's not his fault and both qb's threw interceptions. So I don't see where you think # 18 is better! If anything I figure they compliment one another because each has his a certain talent that's better than the other! Maybe that's why they split time together!

BlackAttack
10-28-2002, 10:51 PM
I agree they're both good qbs and I think that playing them both might not be such a bad idea after all! It would be tough trying to decide on how they should be used, but I figure Sandifer has done a pretty good job doing that very thing!

whsfan
10-28-2002, 11:20 PM
I guess that's why he gets paid the big bucks.

BlackAttack:
I agree they're both good qbs and I think that playing them both might not be such a bad idea after all! It would be tough trying to decide on how they should be used, but I figure Sandifer has done a pretty good job doing that very thing!