PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie (9-3) vs. Decatur (12-0)?

huarache18
11-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Whats your take on these two teams matchup? This will be Decatur's second consecutive rematch in the playoffs...Decatur won the last meeting between them 44-7.

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 12:01 AM
well lets see... decatur has chandler dane.... abilene wylie doesnt have chandler dane... im going with decatur

gobblerfan02
11-21-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Flourhead
well lets see... decatur has chandler dane.... abilene wylie doesnt have chandler dane... im going with decatur

lol.......good one flourhead, and I will go w/ the eagles as well, too powerful a team, but I hope they have some flaws so at least someone will be able to stop them!

The One
11-21-2004, 12:15 AM
when and where is the game?

vet93
11-21-2004, 10:49 AM
Same outcome, but I think that the Bulldogs will make the game closer. Right now, I don't see a blow out as bad as 44-7.

jason
11-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by The One
when and where is the game? friday, 8:00 - stephenville

3afan
11-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Decatur wins easily - too easy to warrant the drive to Stephenville (for me at least)

Bullaholic
11-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
Decatur wins easily - too easy to warrant the drive to Stephenville (for me at least)

I agree, 3Afan. I think Rd 2 will be similar to Rd 1 between these 2. I'm not going to make this one either. Sure wish Sinton/Cuero was not such a drive---that's going to be a good "dance" with loads of 3ADL-ers I'd sure like to meet.

VWG
11-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Sandifer will pull out all the tricks in this game. Funny... at the first of the year Abilene Wylie was in a "down" year. People said that Wylie didn't have the talent they had from years past, etc... Here we are and they're in the third round of the playoffs..... again.

Adidas410s
11-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Sandifer will pull out all the tricks in this game. Funny... at the first of the year Abilene Wylie was in a "down" year. People said that Wylie didn't have the talent they had from years past, etc... Here we are and they're in the third round of the playoffs..... again.

That Hugh Sandifer is so hot right now...he just ALWAYS seems to find a way to make things work this time of year! Two things make me think that this game will be A LOT closer than earlier this season. 1) Wylie is FINALLY clicking on all cylinders. They had 5 INT's and 1 fumble recovery against Canyon in the first 3 quarters. 2) Decatur not having Gohdbolt (sp) will take away from their double threat ability. Yes I hear many people say that their backup is good but he hasnt been playing and there is no substitute for playing time. For some reason, this game is reminding me of Wylie/Everman last year!!!:nerd: I called that one last year and I'm tempted to call this one too... but for some reason I am feeling a score of:

Decatur 24
Abilene Wylie 20

wildstangs
11-21-2004, 12:37 PM
I agree with you Adidas. This game is VERY similar to the Everman game from last year. If the game is close going into the fourth quarter, Wylie has a great shot of winning it.

tmac
11-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Bible(decaturs backup rb) is a great elusive back who sees the holes and will create plays and keep Wylie honest enough from droppin into a prevent or dime defense.also decaturs line will help Bible out so im still hopeful for another d town win.

Highschoolfan78
11-21-2004, 04:28 PM
Decatur by 30

Leopards,class of 75
11-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Decatur 34, Abilene Wylie 7. It looks like a good chance that The Eagles with meet up with the Cuero Gobblers in the state championship game. That would be a great match up, #1 vrs. #2. How long will the Eagles running back be out? Good luck to the Decatur Eagles the rest of their way!

Stangster
11-21-2004, 05:41 PM
How can any round 3 playoff game not be worth the drive? West Texans routinely drive several hours or more for regular season games. I do think this one will be alot closer than many expect. Wylie got 5 interceptions against Canyon, sounds like their pass defense is clicking. I consider this one too close to call. It ought to be quite a game though!

Just my onion

Rabbit'93
11-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Decatur wins 35-21

MASH4077
11-21-2004, 07:09 PM
Dane........................47 touchdowns........2 Interceptions

This ain't Canyon!

VWG
11-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Has Dane committed to any college yet? What about the WR?
Last year McGee and Shipley were going to Texas and Texas A&M.
That's a QB & WR duo going to two high powered college programs.
What's up with the Decatur super combo?
Are they better than the Burnet kids from last year?

Chief Woodman
11-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Has Dane committed to any college yet? What about the WR?
Last year McGee and Shipley were going to Texas and Texas A&M.
That's a QB & WR duo going to two high powered college programs.
What's up with the Decatur super combo?
Are they better than the Burnet kids from last year?

The coach of Gaiensville thinks so- or at least he said he thought so prior to this last weeks game.

Chief Woodman
11-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
How can any round 3 playoff game not be worth the drive? West Texans routinely drive several hours or more for regular season games. I do think this one will be alot closer than many expect. Wylie got 5 interceptions against Canyon, sounds like their pass defense is clicking. I consider this one too close to call. It ought to be quite a game though!

Just my onion

Your ONION is making me get all misty.

VWG
11-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
The coach of Gaiensville thinks so- or at least he said he thought so prior to this last weeks game.

OK.... but what do the college recruiters say?

Chief Woodman
11-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Personaly I do not know what they are saying. There are some programs interested in them but I cannot say for sure who..

eaglewatcher
11-21-2004, 10:38 PM
I believe that the decatur tandem is as good if not better than burnets duo last year. also on the college subject, Oklahoma State wants Christian and Baylor wants Dane.

Keith7
11-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by VWG
OK.... but what do the college recruiters say?

Here are thier recruiting profiles...

Chandler Dane:
http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=29388

Brian Christian:
http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=29059

Adidas410s
11-21-2004, 11:01 PM
wow...didnt realize that he is only 5'10". Hard to see him going Division 1. Anybody remember Jordan Neal of Abilene Cooper? He is 5'10 185 lbs. In the 2000 season he was named 5A Offensive Player of the Year from multiple agencies but where did he end up? Playing at Hardin-Simmons and having a VERY good career might I add. Here is his profile from the HSU site: http://hsuathletics.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/neal_jordan00.html

Keith7
11-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
wow...didnt realize that he is only 5'10". Hard to see him going Division 1. Anybody remember Jordan Neal of Abilene Cooper? He is 5'10 185 lbs. In the 2000 season he was named 5A Offensive Player of the Year from multiple agencies but where did he end up? Playing at Hardin-Simmons and having a VERY good career might I add. Here is his profile from the HSU site: http://hsuathletics.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/neal_jordan00.html

Sounds like the same story of Chase Wasson from SLC a couple years ago

VWG
11-22-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Sounds like the same story of Chase Wasson from SLC a couple years ago

Except Wasson is at Texas State and has played some, but hasn't started every game.
As good as these two kids from Decatur are, you would think they would have more colleges (Big 12, Pac-10, Mountain West) taking a serious run at them. Baylor is not a football powerhouse, although in the Big 12.

tmac
11-22-2004, 12:03 PM
i love my own postsm dont yall???

Johnny Moxen
11-22-2004, 12:42 PM
I think it'll be a lot closer than the last meeting. Not ready to "crown" anyone the winner yet, that's why they play the game. However, I do think that Wylie will bring more to the table than they did at the last meeting.

Gsquared
11-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
Decatur 34, Abilene Wylie 7. It looks like a good chance that The Eagles with meet up with the Cuero Gobblers in the state championship game. That would be a great match up, #1 vrs. #2. How long will the Eagles running back be out? Good luck to the Decatur Eagles the rest of their way!
They have two more games to play to make it that far. Nobody is unbeatable. GP Northshore has been added to a long list.

imahoser
11-23-2004, 11:32 PM
well with godboldt down who knows. when we played wylie a few weeks ago, they werent much of a defensive team. we out-played them offensively they just got lucky a few more times. but as earlier posted who cares if godboldt is down, they still have what i think to be the most dangerous offensive weapon there is dane-christian. no question decatur will come out on top
28-14

Lil' D
11-25-2004, 01:52 PM
He should only be out 4 Wylie. Thats what i heard and its a rumor so i dont know.

jlwzz
11-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Well Devin is going to be ok it was not the knee, he should be 80% but they are going to wait till game time to make the decision if he is going to play or not. Bible will do just fine, the O line will take care of that. The defense is the only thing that i have not heard anyone talking about, they have really stopped a lot of good teams. this will be the difference IMO.

Decatur 29
A Wylie 7

Stangster
11-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
Your ONION is making me get all misty.
Who's misty now?

Johnny Moxen
11-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Greay game to attend. Probably one of the best I've seen in a long time. Both teams played hard and fought to the end. Congrats to both teams.