PDA

View Full Version : Connally 21 Caldwell 13 Final!!!!

marlin fan
11-20-2004, 11:13 PM
wow just got off the phone with CHS_CG Caldwell got cheated!!!!!

SinTon_Boi_32
11-20-2004, 11:15 PM
How???

marlin fan
11-20-2004, 11:17 PM
She said they called one of their Touchdown passes Incompleate when it was clearly complete !! ill let her tell the rest when she gets home.

NHSRattler60
11-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Good Run Caldwell.

Congrats to Waco Conally and their win. Talk about a rough start to a great season. Keep going.

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Gonna be some upset folks on the downlow tonight.....that is IF they can even stand talking about it yet.....Some losses take literally days to recover from (I know). This one has to hurt and infuriate!

jason
11-21-2004, 12:38 AM
well i was at the game so im home before the caldwell people will get home and this is what i think...(as an objective, non-'homer' spectator)

...and the caldwell people arent gonna like what i have to say, but im sorry....

first of all, neither team impressed me as much as i thought they might, they're no where near the level of the former everman/forney/burnets of 3A

second of all, the refs were fine, there might have been one pass interference on connaly, that they missed...but the other ones were good no calls....it just happened that their (caldwells) qb couldnt throw the ball far enough so the caldwell receivers would come back for the ball and run into the def back (who was making a play for the short ball also) and get knocked down or be interferred with or whatever

what it boils down to, though, is this...they were playing a team in the second round of the playoffs so you know they're at minimum a good team, not GREAT, but good....

lack of a passing game, 4 lost fumbles, and an interception is just not gonna cut it...

caldwell did have a chance to score at the end, but came up short on a 4th down try, connaly proceeded to kneel the clock dead

sorry, i hope that wasnt too harsh

CHS_CG
11-21-2004, 01:10 AM
Jason is right.. our Qb was having trouble throwing it far enough to our guys but #6's catch that wasnt called... some face masks I saw from the team... and some other stuff...yeah didnt help us at all. Our team was not our Caldwell team we have seen in the last couple of games. It was a very good game and we are very proud of Caldwell! We went one step farther than last year which was one of our goals.. Congrats to the Cadets yall played a good game...I have a feeling they will become a playoff rival for Caldwell lol! #62 I hope your ankle is ok.. saw you a couple of times sittin there with the doc while he was lookin at it!

WAY TO GO CALDWELL 10-2 FOR THE YEAR!! GREAT RUN GUYS! JUST REMEMBER WE DIDNT GET DISTRICT CO-CHAMPS FOR NOTHING!

Dogman
11-21-2004, 01:16 AM
I was also at the game. I agree that neither team could compete with the Everman's/Burnet's of the last few years. Both solid teams but Caldwell made mistakes and that cost them the chance to move on. Connally had more team speed than the Hornets and I think that was also a factor. This was the second time I saw Caldwell play and this game they missed alot of tackles. All this said I send congrats to the Hornets on a fine season.

HornetMom
11-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Yes, Connally's speed offensively and defensively was good and we made lots of mistakes. The fumbles and missed tackles hurt us. We were making a good play at a comeback at the end, but fell short. No excuses, but if I saw stuff that should have been called, then it is pretty blatant. Now all that said and done, good luck to the Cadets.

Hornets, what a great season you have had. The town of Caldwell couldn't be prouder of what you guys accomplished this year. Do not hang your heads...two rounds into the playoffs and a 10-2 record is something to be proud of. And it was a pleasure to watch it unfold with every game this season.

edibleeggs
11-21-2004, 02:08 PM
I have a few comments myself. I happened to make the game and I'll be the first to let you know that im not a biased person one bit. Now the Caldwell fans on here talk about how #6's "catch" in the endzone was a catch, but if one would think for just a second...the refs have about 5 different positions to see the play (on the field) as oppossed to fans sitting hundreds of feet in the stands. I'm not being rude one bit because the fans on here gave good credit to both teams which is what i like to see, but don't use one play like that as the "excuse" as to why u lost. But like the caldwell posters and jason said it came down to turnovers and extreme lack of passing. Caldwell had a great chance to extend their amazing season, but 4 turnovers and no pass offense and some bad coaching cost them in the end. Great season Caldwell and same to Connally ( good luck next week )

NHSRattler60
11-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Can't make mistakes in playoff games. We made one last week, you guys made one this week.

to quote a truly great man "football is a weird sport, it's played with an oblong ball, sometimes that ball rolls your way, and sometimes it doesnt"

Officials aren't as impartial as people wish sometimes, and it affects the momentum and the flow of the game. But hold your head high. You beat a great team last week, and you battled a good team this week. Good luck in baseball and basketball.

TXMike
11-21-2004, 05:09 PM
You have some factual data to support that ridiculous allegation about the officials? Or are you saying that the simple fact they may not see everything they should see, or they see things in a way different than you do, or they make a mistake in enforcing something that those equate to being biased?!?!?!?!

NHSRattler60
11-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Excuse me: Correction SOME Officials aren't as impartial. It happens on every level. I'm not alligating anything. Corruption is everywhere and while most officials may very well be impartial...face the facts some aren't.

Looking at it from a football players point of view, alot of officials aren't impartial, and should be dealt with. Alot of times...I realize there is alot going on on the field. 22 people playing at 1 time the officials don't see stuff...but they shouldn't have that as an excuse. It is the job of an official to see everything that goes on that field. Thats why theres more than one of you. Thats what your on the field for, is it not?

Now my proof: there was one game where the opponents had an officiating crew that played with them every home game. the same exact officials. Our team was getting held so much we could have filed rape. ontop of that, the Referee was talking trash as i was lining up to read the defense.

Bias is there. Im not allegating anything. There may be some instances where its not bias but someone missed it or called it wrong.

NHSRattler60
11-21-2004, 05:52 PM
But tell that to caldwell. Tell that to any team who has made a TD just be called back for holding, lose the game because of it...send the tape into UIL...then get an "apology letter" because there was in fact no holding.

Just because your impartial, doesn't mean everyone else is.

TXMike
11-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Maybe as you grow older you will learn that the quickest way to destroy your credibility is to make a statement that is so patently false that anything else you say will immediately be disregarded.

It is impossible for the same exact crew to work every home game of a varsity team. If you have facts, let's have them.

"Alot of times...I realize there is alot going on on the field. 22 people playing at 1 time the officials don't see stuff...but they shouldn't have that as an excuse."

What the heck do you mean?!?!? On one hand you are admitting that is near impossible to see everything and then on the next you say that is not an excuse?!!??!?!?!

"It is the job of an official to see everything that goes on that field. Thats why theres more than one of you. Thats what your on the field for, is it not?"

No it is NOT the job of an official to see everything that goes on. And if coaches truly wanted that, or something close to it, they would let us go to 7 man officiating crews which they will not.

Instead of the wild accusations and allegations, how about specific instances of bias?

HornetMom
11-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Well, I may not know alot about officiating and I am not an expert by any means, but I do expect a referee that is within feet of the play to be able to see a penalty. It's like I said earlier, if I can see it, it is pretty obvious. I agree, it would be hard to see every infraction, every hold, every face mask and I have every respect for someone that gets out there week after week and I tip my hat to you. But like anything else, there is always an exception....

Of course the officiating didn't loose the game for Caldwell, it may have stopped momentum, but we have overcome lost momentum before. We make some critical mistakes and it cost us.

Now, the game is over, our season is over, it is all in the past. Caldwell had a great season and now will focus on a great basketball season.

TXMike
11-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Sometimes being "right there" does not give you the best look and being farther away, i.e. in the stands, gives you a better look. Not saying that is what happend in that 1 instance but telling you as one who has "BEEN THERE, DONE THAT" that you can get too close to an act and not be able to correctly rule on it.

Sometimes the mistake is the official's but when you have a game that is going at such speed and a ball that takes such bizarre bounces, you can get into a bad spot very easily and without any mistake on your part.

HornetMom
11-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Ok, I can understand the part about being too close. I guess because, at times, we have a better view, it makes it harder for us to accept. Oh this game of football. Gotta love it.

And might I add, that I appreciate your being on here to answer alot of the questions that people have about certain calls. I know that I learn alot from your responses. Thanks.

CheerMom
11-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Congrats, Hornets on a great season!!! I know all of Caldwell is proud of you!!

TXMike
11-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
Ok, I can understand the part about being too close. I guess because, at times, we have a better view, it makes it harder for us to accept. Oh this game of football. Gotta love it.

And might I add, that I appreciate your being on here to answer alot of the questions that people have about certain calls. I know that I learn alot from your responses. Thanks.

I hope most folks realize I am not saying that refs never make mistakes. I have seen plenty of them over the years and made my share. I am saying that even though I have know some refs that were not very good either from a physical or mental point of view (or both), I have NEVER known a varsity ref who clearly had bias towards or against a specific team. And while I can accept that some guys are not going to be all they should be physically or mentally, I would NEVER accept a guy that was dishonest or biased.

I would ask that when folks are in the stands, or on these boards, or at the local coffee shop, that they think real hard about the effect their claims or statements have on the kids who are playing. Kids hear their fans booing the refs and they start thinking maybe the refs are screwed up and it affects their play. Kids hear folks blaming others for a loss and they learn it is okay not to accept responsibility for their own failings.

I'm falling off my soap box now.;)

texasjeremy
11-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah, Caldwell should be thrilled they turned it over 4 times in the playoffs and still kept it close.