PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs. Cuero (Alamo Dome Friday 8:00pm)Merged

Pages : [1] 2 3

SinTon_Boi_32
11-20-2004, 09:22 PM
Lets Get It Started What Are Yalls Thoughts???

Hope yall don't mind, I merged the two Cuero/Sinton threads together. Didn't see any need for two different ones.~sinton66

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Ya know, it is unfortunate that I haven't seen Cuero play. I will look forward to looking at their stats compared to Sinton's.:)

sinton66
11-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Version 2 has to be different from Version 1.

SinTon_Boi_32
11-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Lol...Yah seriously i think this is gonna be a HELL of a game But, I know Sum Boys that are FIRED up and Want revenge...and....revenge is SwEeT:)

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Well, just from what I have read on this board.....it sounds like Cuero hasn't continued to improve with each week that has passed ... maybe maintained, but not been a dominating force????

Kool Tarpon 21
11-20-2004, 09:39 PM
I was going to make this post, but I guess you all beat me. I was there at the Cuero vs Wimberley game and it was a thriller. They kept on changing possession of the ball. It was a good game. I was sitting with some Sinton Fans. I am going to go watch the Sinton vs Cuero game at the Alamodome on Friday because the Tarpons play on Saturday at Alamo Stadium. I think they're both going to be good games. Good Luck Pirates. Go Get a Gobbler. It's only the day after Thanksgiving.:D peace up, A-Town down.

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Is it the Alamodome for sure? I had heard Victoria....anyone know?

sinton66
11-20-2004, 09:43 PM
I think the TSRN announcers weren't informed. Pretty sure it's the Alamodome.

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I think the TSRN announcers weren't informed. Pretty sure it's the Alamodome.

Hmmmm.....I will be in San Marcos on Friday....just a hop, skip and jump.....a definite possibility:)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2004, 09:53 PM
turkey on thursday, gobblers on fridays:)

OldSkool1
11-20-2004, 09:54 PM
No im not gonna make a post like I was making with the Sinton/Zapata game...though my predictions were right...hmm...Sinton is gonna have to come out and play all 4 quarters this game...Being from Sinton I have to say Sinton and the Sinton passing game has improved alot more since then...so it gives us another weapon ...but I think for Sinton to pull this one out.... Daniel steps up big in the Sinton win

sinton66
11-20-2004, 10:06 PM
My differential analysis says Sinton by 3+.

SINTON65
11-20-2004, 10:40 PM
The game will be friday at the Alamo Dome At 8:00 pm Friday.

sinton66
11-20-2004, 10:47 PM
You're certain it's at 8:00 pm?

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 10:47 PM

:thinking: '66, I am going to have to get you to explain the ol' differential analysis system to me.....might be good half time conversation!;) Just don't expect me to understand a word of it!:D

SINTON65
11-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Yes

SinTon_Boi_32
11-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Gp playin @ home again .. believe me im for GP but, dang I meen talk about HOME field adv. NO one know there stadium like GP.

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by SinTon_Boi_32
Gp playin @ home again .. believe me im for GP but, dang I meen talk about HOME field adv. NO one know there stadium like GP.

This is probably a silly question, but explain to me, "exactly what is up with that?" When everyone else is traveling to hell and back more games than not. :confused:

sinton66
11-21-2004, 12:00 AM
They seem to prefer to flip for home and home. Awful lucky in the tosses, I guess.

gobblerfan02
11-21-2004, 12:02 AM
Man, I'm just glad the game is finally over tonight, my heart is still beating fast! Good job gobblers!

Gobbler Fan
11-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Surreal setting with the fog and all ......Great game Gobblers :cheerl:

Next up Sinton and our 2 game win streak against them im sure they havent forgotten last year , I know they remmber this year :D

gobblerfan02
11-21-2004, 12:06 AM
This ought to be as good as if not better than the first meeting, sure hope it is as good as the cuero/wimberley game was, man, I'm still tryin to catch a breath of air here!

44INAROW
11-21-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Surreal setting with the fog and all ......Great game Gobblers :cheerl:

Next up Sinton and our 2 game win streak against them im sure they havent forgotten last year , I know they remmber this year :D

Amen the fog was eerie...... hope everyone got home safe and sound......

Highschoolfan78
11-21-2004, 12:19 AM
I think if Cuero plays with the mentality that they can beat them but not get over confident and look down upon the sinton team, then they can win again. I'm not sayin they should be cocky at all. This is a new Sinton team since the beginning of the year, but at the sametime they do have that first win over their belt. Every team should play like Wimberly did tonight with a great amount of heart. Boy that was a great game to watch. I still do not understand the Code Red concept. I can't wait for the dome!!

District303aPastPlayer
11-21-2004, 12:36 AM
i honestly believe that Cuero will not win this game. . . i doubt highly that Cuero will beat Sinton TWICE in one season. . let alone this Sinton team. . . they have a RB who now has 42 TDs and is a dual threat at WR. . . i see this game as tight, thne 2nd half is Pirate half, Sinton by 12

Gobbler Fan
11-21-2004, 12:42 AM
If I remeber correctly Sinton came back on Cuero with the pass *Franco*got his yards but was not the deciding factor in this game as he was in Sinton's other games. Cuero needs to step up against the pass and make Sinton beat them with the run which I dont see happening .:thinking:

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 12:54 AM
That fog made it hard to see the other side of the stadium.
Whew... I like 8:00 better than 11 in the morn.

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 12:59 AM
Sinton's running game has improved IMHO.;)

District303aPastPlayer
11-21-2004, 01:07 AM
Their run game is about 4 guys deep . . .

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2004, 01:08 AM
i got there half way thru the second quarter, from that point until the end of the game, only on one drive did Cuero resemble the team that play Sinton earlier on the season, by that , i mean i didnt see the explosiveness at the snap of the ball like when they played Sinton. Might have been the soggy field or maybe not playing at there best at this time.

Should be another great game next friday

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2004, 01:10 AM
oh and i got to sign the 3adownlow shirt finally!!! Thanks LH_PantherMom and espn1. was great to meet yall and good luck the rest of the way

JHS_c/o_06'
11-21-2004, 01:21 AM
MAN....i really wish i could see this game. If we werent still in it, id find a way to get there. I'm gonna support Sinton on this one, cause as long as ive been on here, i've wanted to see Sinton play, i had hoped we would play them....but...lol. A little team named Burnet got in the way. Anyway, good luck Sinton, and i hope its an injury free game on both sides of the ball.

gobbler grad
11-21-2004, 01:37 AM
playing inside the dome...no rain, no fog, no wind, just thousands of football fans from everywhere cheering their team on...good luck to all teams playing next week...sinton/cuero should be game of the week

enjoyed meeting sintonfan tonight,hopefully we can meet next week somewhere at the game

go mean green

District303aPastPlayer
11-21-2004, 01:59 AM
meeting this week should be easy. . . hell, we could all sit in the endzone together. . .

gobbler grad
11-21-2004, 02:14 AM
THAT WOULD BE FUN,BUT GOT TO HAVE MY 50 YRD. LINE SEAT, NEED TO SEE BOTH ENDS OF THE FIELD...

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 02:23 AM
Well there are only two smoking sections at the dome. One on the Pirate side and one at the Gobbler side. We just need to decide which one to meet at. Then have some hold a 3Adownlow sign and hey, we're there.;)

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the support!:cool:
Sinton is definately capable of beating Cuero. Wimberley had some deceptive speed. They matched up well with Cuero and it showed. Cuero had the tougher road of the two teams in the playoffs.
Sinton is smaller but faster than the Texans. I believe the Pirates have improved since the last meeting. I agree, the winner of this game shouldn't win by more than 10 points.
Also, the Cuero pass D is improved from the last time I saw them.

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 03:04 AM
well the gobblers played just good enough to win tonight... i hate when they do that but a win is a win.... im sure like i always say that reeve will do everything to have them prepared for this game... a lot of cuero players thought wimberley wasnt very good from watching tape and thats probably why they didnt play well against them... some young players in the secondary made big mistakes and then one td could have easily been intercepted if #2 would have take a better angle... but whatever.... from here on out cuero knows the competition will only get tougher and if they want to win a state title then they're gonna have to quit making mistakes and start playing at their potential

PI-fan
11-21-2004, 03:47 AM

Yeah, i'd go with that :D

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 05:25 AM
Yah, that fog stunk, couldn't see the Wimberly Blondes from where we sat, dangit...

what am I doing up this late...

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 05:31 AM
I will not make a prediction...

k, I will, Cuero by 1...

How many yards rushing did we allow tonight? not much, only allowed 11 net last week against a team that averaged over 150 rushing yards a game... Sinton's gunna have to step up on D and get a few TD's cuz our D has been winning the games...

Sorry, had to make my official prediction, a free 12-pack of Bock sounds too dang good, huh SintonFan?:D

pirate44
11-21-2004, 06:24 AM
woohoo, the matchup i've been waiting for. i know Sinton can pull this one out.
does anyone know if Sinton will charter any busses for the fans to catch a ride on to SA? i know they have done it in the past for the state Semis. i really dont feel like driving the day after Thanksgiving if at all possible.

sinfan75
11-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Corpus paper says Saturday @ 8:00. Which is right. Friday or Saturday.

3afan
11-21-2004, 08:43 AM
hhhmmm, i'll be half way there already - may have to make my first visit to the alamodome for this one! then head to texas stadium for the saturday games ...

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Sorry, had to make my official prediction, a free 12-pack of Bock sounds too dang good, huh SintonFan?:D

Man, you didn't say a 12-pack! Hubby's going to be sad he didn't get in on this! ;)

3afan
11-21-2004, 09:04 AM
should i make the trip to the alamodome? i've never been in the stadium. i'll already be in Cove .... hhhhmmm, I (we) just might.

sinton66
11-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
should i make the trip to the alamodome? i've never been in the stadium. i'll already be in Cove .... hhhhmmm, I (we) just might.

I think it just might be worth the trip. The first one was a heck of a game.

sinton66
11-21-2004, 09:21 AM
I found this on their website:

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/5466/fseat.gif

Ranger354
11-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Well, you guys have fun at the game. I will be listening to it on the radio or computer at work. There are pros and cons to shift work. If the game would have been Sat. night I could have gone.

I say Sinton by 7. I think our guys have really improved over the last few games. They are ready to play.

Where is IHStang? Ihave not seen a post from him. I guess the blow out of Zapata and eating crow is keeping him quiet. I am sure he will be back!

sinton66
11-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Well, this morning's Corpus paper says it is on Saturday. Nothing like a little confusion, huh?

pirate44
11-21-2004, 10:04 AM
im torn between going to see sinton or watch rufugio play. my brother coaches there and can get us free tickets and a ride. what to do? what to do?:thinking:

pirate44
11-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Well, this morning's Corpus paper says it is on Saturday. Nothing like a little confusion, huh?
i hope its saturday so i can go to both:D

Ranger354
11-21-2004, 10:15 AM
The UIL has not updated the brackets for the Sinton / Cuero game as to place and time. They are pretty quick to do this most of the time and then there will be no doubt.

tap_tx_sinton
11-21-2004, 10:31 AM

Like you said the paper says Saturday 8 p.m. ???

sinfan75
11-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Sorry Sinton folk, but I'm goin with Cuero by 7. 75's hair stays on it's head. Hope I'm wrong.

Ranger354
11-21-2004, 11:45 AM
The San Antonio paper say Friday at 8pm.

Sinfan75, Whats up with that? Cuero by 7?

Why don't we all say Tie and just hope for a great game by both teams.

SINTON65
11-21-2004, 11:47 AM
Like I said in the first post the game is friday at 8:00 pm. like always the cc paper never gets anything right. channel 3. 6. and ten all said friday and so did the AD when I talked to him.

44INAROW
11-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by SINTON65
Like I said in the first post the game is friday at 8:00 pm. like always the cc paper never gets anything right. channel 3. 6. and ten all said friday and so did the AD when I talked to him.

first thing son said when he got home last night - Coach said, 8 pm, Friday night, Alamodome.

sinfan75
11-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
The San Antonio paper say Friday at 8pm.

Sinfan75, Whats up with that? Cuero by 7?

Why don't we all say Tie and just hope for a great game by both teams. Hopin to fire em up and maybe they'll win. Besides I figured somebody would get mad about my predict. Just tryin to stir the pot.:D

Ranger354
11-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Dogs get mad, I get even.

This game is really hard to call. I was not able to make the first one so I have nothing to base my prediction on. I have been close an all the games so far. I still think Sinton by 7.

Ranger354
11-21-2004, 12:22 PM
I am sure that you will be able to buy tickets at the game. Don't you think? My sister wants to attend but lives north of Austin.

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 12:49 PM
i'm going with cuero of course because im never gonna say anyone can beat them... but im not picking a line because i dont know which team will show up... if its the one that played awesome against west columbia then it should be by more than 10 and if its the one that showed up last night it will be less than 5

gobbler grad
11-21-2004, 12:57 PM
i agree with flourhead, whoever shows up to play will win...this can go either way...both teams can score alot of points, but somehow it's the defense that sets the tone...i will take cuero on this one and hope they play up to their potential...no doubt this will be a good game and can't wait for friday to get here

GO MEAN GREEN

44INAROW
11-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
i agree with flourhead, whoever shows up to play will win...this can go either way...both teams can score alot of points, but somehow it's the defense that sets the tone...i will take cuero on this one and hope they play up to their potential...no doubt this will be a good game and can't wait for friday to get here

GO MEAN GREEN

Well put Gobbler Grad! Region IV is going to be well represented in the matchup on Friday night.

GO MEAN GREEN :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Oh, may be more, But Cuero hasn't allowed a rushing touchdown the last four games for sure and have no given up over 100 yards rushing on the ground in longer than that... We held West Columbia back who averages 135 a game to 17 last week and to a total of 11...

I've seen what Sinton can do in the air, that's what worries me, gunna be a great game...

sinton66
11-21-2004, 01:51 PM
If you haven't seen them lately, you haven't seen them. The passing game has improved quite a bit by simply putting different people out in the pattern. Weapons are weapons, running or passing. Hopefully we'll be able to prove that out.

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Dang, you're making me even more nervous, stop it ha...

FYI, the last few weeks I haven't recognized one single play, they're all different, like this misdirection stuff we pulled last night, hadn't ran it all year...

Passing? Wow, our qb went 5-7-0 last night.... for 159 yards... he also played two defensive plays last night, the first being his first all year... How'd his first defensive play go? Interception...

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 02:00 PM
http://www.cuerorecord.com/uploads/articles/sport7pic.jpg
http://www.cuerorecord.com/uploads/articles/sport1pic.jpg

Hope this D is ready!!!

gobbler grad
11-21-2004, 02:01 PM
your right 66, you make adjustments, put people in different key roles and hope it pans out and that's how they improve

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 02:05 PM
the main thing cuero has to worry about is thinking that just because they already beat sinton, they'll beat them again.... they will have a lot of confidence going into this game... they just beat the best team they have played all year and they are gonna be high on that.... our o-line is just gonna have to start playing like they're capable of doing

Gobbler Fan
11-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Actually Gobbla he played DB a couple of times this year ......I Think if he's one of the best DB's we have and would like to see him out there a bit more .....but Coach probably doesnt want to get him tired or hurt he took some pop's last night but hung in there like a trooper .

:clap:

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Actually Gobbla he played DB a couple of times this year ......I Think if he's one of the best DB's we have and would like to see him out there a bit more .....but Coach probably doesnt want to get him tired or hurt he took some pop's last night but hung in there like a trooper .

:clap:

Wow, must have missed that, well, it was the first I've noticed anyway ha...

But did you see the hits he 'gave' while haultin the ball? Like the one that put him out of the game for a play? He plowed those two dudes...

SintonFan_inAustin
anybody know the stats for the last meeting. From late in 3 qrt to the end of that game Cuero didnt manage to get a first down while Sinton was airing it out and making a comeback. Dont know if Pirates coaching staff saw something to stop Cuero or Cuero was trying to protect the lead. But last night game Cuero didnt look like the team that Sinton faced earlier in the year.

While Sinton has been improving every week and really mixing it up and not knowing if its a run or pass. If Cuero resembles the team from last night, have to give the edge to Sinton as they are more explosive at skill positions than Wimberley. Pirates by 10

gobblerfan02
Im still amazed on how the defense played last night, they really won the game for cuero last night and stepped up huge. Hopefully, they can keep the momentum this week!

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 02:08 PM
wimberley played a lot better than sinton did against cuero

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 02:09 PM
and yeah reeve was trying to protect the lead... he talked about that being a stupid mistake and he wont let it happen again... if he has to keep throwing the ball to keep the clock running then he will

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2004, 02:12 PM
i agree. Sinton didnt start doing anything til late in the 3 qrt and cuero was Shut Down from that point. And its been like that for Sinton they just been improving as the season goes on.

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i agree. Sinton didnt start doing anything til late in the 3 qrt and cuero was Shut Down from that point. And its been like that for Sinton they just been improving as the season goes on.

True that...

Our defense has improved since our meeting...

both teams have made improvments....

Ranger354
11-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Will this thread break a record number of posts before game time?

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 02:31 PM

That's what we're here for...

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Hey, SintonFan...

http://www.shiner.com/grc/shots/cat.gif

It'll look sorta like this...

sinton66
11-21-2004, 02:45 PM
heh, heh, you can bet Gobbla and I will do our part.:D

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 02:56 PM
I believe someone asked for stats from the first meeting, this is what I found...

Cuero Sinton
First Downs 13 19
Rushes-Yards 36-270 40-151
Passing Yards 191 188
Comp-Att-Int 0-10-0 0-16-0

Rushing - Cuero, Alex DeLeon 1-5, Fabian Olguin 8-79, Larvell Roy 18-131, Matt Schumacher 8-62, Nick Taylor 1-(-7).

Sinton, Team Stats A 40-151.

Passing - Cuero, Matt Schumacher 6-10-1-191.

Sinton, Team Stats A 12-16-0-188.

Receiving - Cuero, Tre Gray 1-57, Jeremy Ross 4-118, Ace Slone 1-16.

didn't have individual stats for Sinton...

Source: http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/hssports/summary.asp?Event=000000000502765200&Year=000000000502759010&Sport=191

44INAROW
11-21-2004, 02:56 PM

You beat me Ranger354 lol I was just going to post this.. I just hope the talk keeps up the way it is now,, friendly back and forth speculating.. :D

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Hey, SintonFan...

http://www.shiner.com/grc/shots/cat.gif

It'll look sorta like this...
Hey Gobbla, this is what mine sorta looks like...
http://www.weimax.com/images/Beer_Kegs.jpg
The bigger one of course.;)

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Ha... okay... I do not believe the Shiner will cost THAT much, I told you I'd make up the differential...:rolleyes:

gobbler grad
11-21-2004, 03:06 PM
no mud slinging yet...lol
:devil:

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Ha... okay... I do not believe the Shiner will cost THAT much, I told you I'd make up the differential...:rolleyes:
:D :D :D

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
no mud slinging yet...lol
:devil:
Come on, we're just gettin started with the beer talk.:thumbsup:

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 03:08 PM
We should have taken a picture of us shaking on it, but since we didn't, I'll back out if we lose ha... jk...

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:12 PM
We should have taken a picture of us shaking on it, but since we didn't, I'll back out if we lose ha... jk...
:eek: :eyetwitch :D
I don't know how much Bock cost. I really never considered it real beer ya know? So I never looked at it before.

sinton66
11-21-2004, 03:12 PM

not a good idea, SintonFan has the Godfather's ear
in a jar on his desk:D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2004, 03:14 PM

Hmmm - I'm gonna have to check with hubby about this.....he DID have the digital camera. :thinking:

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I really never considered it real beer ya know? .

:eek:

Yah, well your twelve pack will prolly cost 4 bucks...

I decided to go ahead and get you Ozarka since it tastes about the same as Coors Light...

jason
11-21-2004, 03:16 PM

I decided to go ahead and get you Ozarka since it tastes about the same as Coors Light... hey, dont be hatin on coors light

we gonna plan a tail gate party before this game, i have a feeling there will be a jason/3afan sighting......:eek:

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:17 PM

I decided to go ahead and get you Ozarka since it tastes about the same as Coors Light...
As I decided to buy you arsenic since it does the same to your liver...

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Ha, hell, if it's gunna kill me I might as well enjoy it, eh?

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by jason
hey, dont be hatin on coors light

we gonna plan a tail gate party before this game, i have a feeling there will be a jason/3afan sighting......:eek:

In all honesty, Coors Light is my fav. light beer, had one on the way home last night to be honest (shhhhhhh)....

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 03:23 PM
i heard the game is all ready sold out

sinton66
11-21-2004, 03:25 PM

Since it will be at 8:00 pm, there should be plenty of time for a tailgater. I may have to leave my truck at SintonFan's house Wed/Thur. but I can bring the stuff to fix a big ol pot of chili.

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Ha, hell, if it's gunna kill me I might as well enjoy it, eh?
Right? Ooooh the pretty colors......http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/party/party-smiley-032.gif

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:29 PM
In all honesty, Coors Light is my fav. light beer, had one on the way home last night to be honest (shhhhhhh)....
Goodness it's only 2:30 and it's already time for a beer run.:D

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Since it will be at 8:00 pm, there should be plenty of time for a tailgater. I may have to leave my truck at SintonFan's house Wed/Thur. but I can bring the stuff to fix a big ol pot of chili.

Wanna make deer chili? I'll go wax one for you Weds evening?

"Sir, don't you know you're not supposed to take doe in this county without an MLD permit?"

"Yah, but it's for a tailgater at the Cuero/Sinton game..."

"Oh, need any help cleanin' that puppy up?"

sinfan75
11-21-2004, 03:31 PM
In all honesty, Coors Light is my fav. light beer, had one on the way home last night to be honest (shhhhhhh).... Budweiser! No light beer in these hands. Unless it's free!:D

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 03:31 PM
Goodness it's only 2:30 and it's already time for a beer run.:D

Ha... you need to run to AA is what you need to do ha jk...

You can go ahead and pick up my twelve pack while you're at it...

Oh what the heck, make it a 6 you cheapo...

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:35 PM

k, I will, Cuero by 1...

How many yards rushing did we allow tonight? not much, only allowed 11 net last week against a team that averaged over 150 rushing yards a game... Sinton's gunna have to step up on D and get a few TD's cuz our D has been winning the games...

k, I will, Sinton by 1...

Sorry, had to make my official prediction, a free 18-pack of Coors light sounds too dang good, huh Gobbla2001?:D

Gobbla2001
11-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Oh, so it's 18 now? That'll work...

sinton66
11-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Wanna make deer chili? I'll go wax one for you Weds evening?

"Sir, don't you know you're not supposed to take doe in this county without an MLD permit?"

"Yah, but it's for a tailgater at the Cuero/Sinton game..."

"Oh, need any help cleanin' that puppy up?"

That might be cool, but the recipe I use has won the Terlingua World Championship once.;) well, actually mine is slightly modified from the original, no pork suet and less hot stuff.

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 03:43 PM
when do the coaches flip for home?

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Well considering the price of Bock that's fair.
And yes I'm a cheapy...:p
Also, Cuero is favored so we should have discussed odds.:doh:

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Budweiser! No light beer in these hands. Unless it's free!:D
Umm... Buttwiper? I know what you're doing with your hands the next day...:D

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 03:52 PM
on jerry's site, sinton is picked to win by 4

pirate4state
11-21-2004, 03:54 PM
I was expecting to get on the board and see a lot of smack, but I guess everyone is taking a day off?? :D :D

What a game last night!! I was starting to get nervous for the Cuero fans before the fumble recovery & then again in the last 4 minutes of the game! :eek: Well worth the $10 ticket, I guess. :D

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet any fellow DL posters...I did visit w/ SintonFan for a bit during halftime and Kool Tarpon & Tidal Wave sat w/ us. :) I tried to walk across the stadium at half time, but they wouldn't let us, then SintonFan told me how they did it and I felt like a dumbo!! :o LOL

I think our boys are FIRED UP about this game and will play lights out!! :clap: I'm looking for a Pirate win. :cheerl: Our QB & WRs will need to have a flawless game! :thumbsup: Our D will have to be ferocious!! God, I can't wait until Friday!!! Good thing I'm off or I'd have to call in sick!

AP_Panther_Fan -- will you join us again?? :thinking: Hope you can make it.

gobbler grad
11-21-2004, 03:56 PM
that must be (jerry don't know what the heck he's doing web site)..he has not been right or close at anytime this year except for maybe Decatur

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
on jerry's site, sinton is picked to win by 4
Isn't that the site that had us favored the last game?

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 04:03 PM
yeah yall were picked to win by 1

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 04:05 PM
yeah yall were picked to win by 1
I think Jerry must drink alot of Shiner Bock.:rolleyes:

crabman
11-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Nobody has even mentioned the UT/A&M kickoff is slated for 2:30 P.M. on Friday. That game should be over by 6:00. The game is on network TV so you should be able to get it with rabbit ears in the parking lot of the Alamodome on a portable (32") TV. Now that would be the way to spend a day. UT/A&M followed by Cuero/Sinton. The ultimate tailgater.
If for any reason you couldn't pick it up on TV, the Riverwalk is a short walk away.
Could be the biggest meet and greet ever. This board is dominated by Sinton and Cuero posters.

44INAROW
11-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Nobody has even mentioned the UT/A&M kickoff is slated for 2:30 P.M. on Friday. That game should be over by 6:00. The game is on network TV so you should be able to get it with rabbit ears in the parking lot of the Alamodome on a portable (32") TV. Now that would be the way to spend a day. UT/A&M followed by Cuero/Sinton. The ultimate tailgater.
If for any reason you couldn't pick it up on TV, the Riverwalk is a short walk away.
Could be the biggest meet and greet ever. This board is dominated by Sinton and Cuero posters.

just name the spot. you know we'll be there - I'm sure it's been posted somewhere, but who is playing in the Dome before Cuero vs Sinton?

crabman
11-21-2004, 05:27 PM
San Antonio Taft / Laredo Nixon at Noon

Smithson Valley / San Benito at 4:00

Both 5A Division II

pirate4state
11-21-2004, 05:53 PM
when do the coaches flip for home? Sinton is home team. :)

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sinton is home team. :)
AWWWWWWWW MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
I can hear AC/DC now!!!!!!!;)

Highschoolfan78
11-21-2004, 06:08 PM
I wont be complainin if i get to hear some AC/DC :p

htowntransplant
11-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
turkey on thursday, gobblers on fridays:)

sounds tasty... sinton may wanna have thanksgiving on friday instead of thursday so their stomaches wont be too full from thursday....hehe

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 06:15 PM

It would be awesome if yall make!:cool: We'll have to finalize the plans for the tailgate party.:)

sinfan75
11-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Umm... Buttwiper? I know what you're doing with your hands the next day...:D Nope, that's what happens with the light beers.

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Nope, that's what happens with the light beers.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Not in my experience...:p

Flourhead
11-21-2004, 06:19 PM
can fans run on the field after the game at the alamodome? the cops wouldnt let us do it in victoria or seguin and thats bullcrap

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 06:20 PM
can fans run on the field after the game at the alamodome? the cops wouldnt let us do it in victoria or seguin and thats bullcrap
Not that I've seen. Been there for several games and they do the same as Seguin.

sinfan75
11-21-2004, 06:23 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Not in my experience...:p In other words your tummy can't handle the good stuff.:D

sinfan75
11-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Alamodome have much parkin space or no?

htowntransplant
11-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Alamodome have much parkin space or no?

you can park anywhere in teh dome parking lot which is half the size of sinton, or you could park at sunset station on commerce street. . . not a problem with parking at all--aaron

sinton66
11-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I think there is a parking garage underneath the stadium.

SINTON81
11-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Come on Friday! Sinton by 7. My worries, injuries,injuries,injures.

District303aPastPlayer
11-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Come on Friday! Sinton by 7. My worries, injuries,injuries,injures.

Garcia is playing this week, info per his dad. . .

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 08:34 PM
In other words your tummy can't handle the good stuff.:D
LOL
It's not the tummy buddy.;)
I'm not the only one who says the same thing...:p

sinton66
That's good news. Those high snaps Friday night were scaring me a little. Daniel seemed to handle them okay though. Guess it all worked out, so I shouldn't complain.;)

SintonFan
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Garcia is playing this week, info per his dad. . .
:cool: :clap: :cool:

District303aPastPlayer
11-21-2004, 08:39 PM
:cool: :clap: :cool:

im really glad about that. . .
also. . . sticking with dads here. . . Gonzales is out for at least this week. . .

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 08:41 PM
im really glad about that. . .
also. . . sticking with dads here. . . Gonzales is out for at least this week. . .
:confused:
Explain please?

District303aPastPlayer
11-21-2004, 08:49 PM
:confused:
Explain please?

according to his dad, he will be out a week. . .

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 08:50 PM
according to his dad, he will be out a week. . .
Dang!:(
What happened? Was this an injury from the Zapata game?:confused:

BrahmaMom
11-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Argh...two of my favorite teams pitted against each other. This is like asking a mom which child is her favorite! Good luck to both teams, you are both fine programs with great traditions. May the team that plays the best that day win, as it should. Everyone wins in an injury-free game; prayers for no injuries going toward Cuero and Sinton.

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Argh...two of my favorite teams pitted against each other. This is like asking a mom which child is her favorite! Good luck to both teams, you are both fine programs with great traditions. May the team that plays the best that day win, as it should. Everyone wins in an injury-free game; prayers for no injuries going toward Cuero and Sinton.
Thanks BrahmaMom!:)
Now, don't be so confused and root for the Pirates OK?:D

44INAROW
11-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom

Thanks BrahmaMom.. Gotta love Highschool Football.. Don't get any better than this.................

District303aPastPlayer
11-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Dang!:(
What happened? Was this an injury from the Zapata game?:confused:

either torn or strained MCL(?) the outer one. .

sinton66
11-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Amen, Brahma Mom, lets all pray for no injuries.

District303aPastPlayer
11-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Amen, Brahma Mom, lets all pray for no injuries.
no MORE injuries

DFHM
11-21-2004, 09:32 PM
MCL is over the knee cap...i believe it is the LCL

Old Green
11-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Sinton is home team. :) That's great . I'm all a little superstitious. Cuero has played their best games when they are the visitors.:)

sinton66
11-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Hey OG, we're thinking of doing a tailgater, you up for it?

Old Green
11-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey OG, we're thinking of doing a tailgater, you up for it? Yea Buddy! I'm all for it. I'll try to be there early. Just name it and I'll be there.:D

SinTon_Boi_32
11-21-2004, 10:15 PM
One Ticket all games or One ticket each game???

11TARPON
11-21-2004, 10:18 PM
I plan on seeing the San Benito Greyhounds vs Smithson Valley game just prior to the Sinto-Cuero game do I have to go out and pay again after the first game?

Old Green
11-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by SinTon_Boi_32
One Ticket all games or One ticket each game??? It usally is one ticket is good for all games at the dome . As long as you don't leave the Stadium. I hope it is still that way.

99IHSMustang
11-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Does anyone know what the price of admission is going to be? I think you guys could use some cowbell at the game so I just might go watch this one. It is going to ge a very good game.

IHStangFan
11-21-2004, 10:32 PM
with the way Sinton is playing late in the season & post season...i think the outcome is going to be different this time. Sinton by 14.

Old Green
11-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Budweiser! No light beer in these hands. Unless it's free!:D Sinfan75, you and I ought to beg for one off the winner.It's free.:D

htowntransplant
11-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Does anyone know what the price of admission is going to be? I think you guys could use some cowbell at the game so I just might go watch this one. It is going to ge a very good game.

if you do.. . District and Htown hereby request cowbell beanies and maroon cowbells :D

sinton66
11-21-2004, 11:13 PM
It was his idea, but AP Panther Fan made the beanies.

Ranger354
11-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
with the way Sinton is playing late in the season & post season...i think the outcome is going to be different this time. Sinton by 14.

I don't know if I like you picking Sinton to win this one. Where have you been? Hunting?

I will stick with Sinton by 7.

HAWKS
11-21-2004, 11:50 PM
GOOD LUCK SINTON,HOPEFULLY I CAN GET MY HUBBY TO TAKE ME TO THE GAME. I SAY SINTON BY 14.

chubbed_up
11-21-2004, 11:51 PM
seems like everyone is going with sinton. oh well looks like we must once again go against the odds and prove ourselves. but that aint no thang with gen schu and the mule crew

sinfan75
11-22-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Sinfan75, you and I ought to beg for one off the winner.It's free.:D Now you're talkin. Free beer is always good beer!:D :D

sinfan75
11-22-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
seems like everyone is going with sinton. oh well looks like we must once again go against the odds and prove ourselves. but that aint no thang with gen schu and the mule crew Not really. Seems pretty evenly split. Sinton fans pickin Sinton, Cuero fans pickin Cuero. I picked Cuero to win to see how many Angry responses I'd get from the Sinton Posters and I only got one response. Shows how much they think of my opinion.:p

99IHSMustang
11-22-2004, 08:13 AM
I am hoping for a thriller OT game. I can't predict who will win though since I haven't seen Cuero play.

sinton fan04
11-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Its gonna be a good game, Sinton is gonna have to pick it up from the get go. Its not the same team cuero played earlier this year, i'm hoping to see 2 turkeys get stuffed lol. I don't care how we win as long as we win.

Ranger354
11-22-2004, 11:16 AM
I am with you Fan04.

BTW, it was nice talking with you at halftime.

I wish it was a Saturday evening game, but I check the UIL site and it is posted as Friday @ 8pm.

DARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger354
11-22-2004, 11:18 AM
ANd another thing.

I had to go back 2 pages to find this thread. Whats up with you Sinton and Cuero folks?

Hey Cuero, how much rain you guys get up there the last few days? I was there Monday in a rainstorm and it looks like you guys have gotten wet almost everyday since then.

gobblerfan02
11-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
Its gonna be a good game, Sinton is gonna have to pick it up from the get go. Its not the same team cuero played earlier this year, i'm hoping to see 2 turkeys get stuffed lol. I don't care how we win as long as we win.

There won't be any stuffed turkeys on friday night, so ya better fill up on thursday before you go to the game!!!....lol
PS. Go gobblers!:D

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2004, 11:46 AM
AP_Panther_Fan -- will you join us again?? :thinking: Hope you can make it.

Good morning Sinton and Cuero fans! I am certainly going to try to make the game. Will be staying in Austin, but actually hitting the outlet mall in San Marcos on Friday.

If I can talk my son and his girlfriend into doing "the shopping thing" on Friday and then going on to San Antonio for the game.....well, life would be good! Otherwise, not sure I want to drive all the way from San Antonio back to the north side of Austin by myself that late at night .:(

I will start working on him...soon! You know, Moms can usually get their kids to go along with them on some things .... I could probably almost make it be HIS IDEA before Friday gets here!:D

pirate4state
11-22-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I will start working on him...soon! You know, Moms can usually get their kids to go along with them on some things .... I could probably almost make it be HIS IDEA before Friday gets here!:D :clap: LOL - You can do it!! :D

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
if you do.. . District and Htown hereby request cowbell beanies and maroon cowbells :D

How about something more "Pirate appropriate" like maroon bandanas tied around the head (like a biker would wear one) and an eye patch?:thinking: :D

GOFOR2
11-22-2004, 12:04 PM
How about something more "Pirate appropriate" like maroon bandanas tied around the head (like a biker would wear one) and an eye patch?:thinking: :D

Isnt that gang related?

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Isnt that gang related?

hmmmz not really

sinton fan04
11-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Ranger354 it was nice talking to you to at halftime, yeah the paper had the game for saturday but it changed, hoping we can meet again. Gobblerfan02 i'll be stuffed on thursday to lol. Hey this is to the other stangfan not 99, how long did it take you to decide to post again lol. Yall have a good day got to go home and feed the dogs.

GOFOR2
11-22-2004, 12:11 PM
hmmmz not really

Its a joke dude!

CheerMom
11-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Good Luck to both teams!!! This game will be too close to call!!
Play safe and injury free and everyone traveling to and from the game please travel safely!!!

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Isnt that gang related?

Ha....well Sinton fans are a "gang" of sorts! Just a good kind of gang.....:D :D :D

Sinton94
11-22-2004, 12:18 PM
What a match up!

No doubt this game will be the game of the week! I know the Sinton boys are looking forward to playing Cuero again! The fans should good a real treat.

pirate4state
11-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
What a match up!

No doubt this game will be the game of the week! I know the Sinton boys are looking forward to playing Cuero again! The fans should good a real treat. Knowing Art Mack he'll have the GP/Heights game as game of the week. :rolleyes: :D

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Knowing Art Mack he'll have the GP/Heights game as game of the week. :rolleyes: :D

look at it this way. . . if sinton wasnt playing cuero. . would this game get game of the week anyway?

gobblerfan02
11-22-2004, 12:32 PM
I don't care if this is the "game of the week" or not, I'm still going! This one will probably be the "best" game of the week, but that's just my opinion! Good luck to both teams as they prepare for this week's game!

44INAROW
11-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I don't care if this is the "game of the week" or not, I'm still going! This one will probably be the "best" game of the week, but that's just my opinion! Good luck to both teams as they prepare for this week's game!

Pre-game party at Gobblerfan02's place :) j/k

gobblerfan02
11-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Pre-game party at Gobblerfan02's place :) j/k

Come on up to SA before the game, I don't have school on Friday, be glad to have ya!:D Thanks for warning me in advance though!...lol:p

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Come on up to SA before the game, I don't have school on Friday, be glad to have ya!:D Thanks for warning me in advance though!...lol:p

which university are we taking over?

pirate44
11-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Knowing Art Mack he'll have the GP/Heights game as game of the week. :rolleyes: :D
i wish i could laugh at that

pirate44
11-22-2004, 01:00 PM
by the way p4s, i yelled at you friday night, but i guess you didnt hear. we had to leave again at halftime, so i didnt get to meet any of the other dl'ers.

gobbler grad
11-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
Its gonna be a good game, Sinton is gonna have to pick it up from the get go. Its not the same team cuero played earlier this year

cuero knows that...they are not preparing for the team they played and beat in week 5, they are preparing for a different and much improved sinton team...you can wipe out what happen in week 5...cuero has a whole new game plan...on offense and defense...can't wait for the party to get started

GO MEAN GREEN
:clap: :clap:

44INAROW
11-22-2004, 01:21 PM
which university are we taking over?

UTSA...... speaking of SA right now.. wow.. all the freeways are flooding now........ what a mess.......

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
UTSA...... speaking of SA right now.. wow.. all the freeways are flooding now........ what a mess.......

how about we take over private school, UIW. . .

44INAROW
11-22-2004, 01:37 PM
how about we take over private school, UIW. . .
I think they just cancelled UIW classes at noon.........

Ranger354
11-22-2004, 01:42 PM
If I hadn't taken the last 3 months off due to back surgery I would call in Friday night a go to the game. Sure wish I could be there.

Wonder how much faster Travis will be on turf?

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2004, 01:52 PM
If I hadn't taken the last 3 months off due to back surgery I would call in Friday night a go to the game. Sure wish I could be there.

Wonder how much faster Travis will be on turf?

You know, I think anything will beat the slippery, muddy conditions of last Friday! Travis, as well as others, slipped several times on what could have been some big plays. There was mud a flying! Saw one player come off the field with what must have been an eyeful. Ouch....it had to have hurt!

Gobbla2001
11-22-2004, 02:02 PM
My honest opinions here...

Though Sinton's running game has improved, our run defense has as well...

Same score as before, 35-28 Cuero!!!

pirate4state
11-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
by the way p4s, i yelled at you friday night, but i guess you didnt hear. we had to leave again at halftime, so i didnt get to meet any of the other dl'ers. Several other ppl were yelling at me...I was too busy trying to stay upright!! Boy were those stands slippery!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/icons/icon4.gif We had already laughed and laughed at my cousin, who thought he was being "Mr. Cool" and slipped & fell!! hee-hee :D :D So, I didn't want to fall while looking up to see who was hollering at me! Sorry, I missed you. You would have meet AP_Panther_Fan. She's way cool!! :thumbsup:

pirate44
11-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Several other ppl were yelling at me...I was too busy trying to stay upright!! Boy were those stands slippery!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/icons/icon4.gif We had already laughed and laughed at my cousin, who thought he was being "Mr. Cool" and slipped & fell!! hee-hee :D :D So, I didn't want to fall while looking up to see who was hollering at me! Sorry, I missed you. You would have meet AP_Panther_Fan. She's way cool!! :thumbsup:
was that who was with you? we sat about 5 rows up by the stairs. everyone was slipping at the bottom. as we were leaving after the bands played we saw Monica but you werent around. anyway, im still not sure if we can make it to san antonio this week.:(

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks P4S! I really do appreciate you letting my daughter and I squeeze in with you guys! You had some good seats!

I got to see '66 and '81, but am sorry I missed meeting '44 and several others ('94, '75, SinFan, Ranger 354, Gofor2 etc....).

I gotta learn to attach a number to a face instead of a name!

I will get it straight eventually!;)

GOFOR2
11-22-2004, 02:36 PM
The week is already dragging.
UT at 2:30 on Friday and Sintown at 8:00.
My two favorite teams on the same day.
Get ready, cuz the Sintown Wrecking Crew is steaming towards S.A. on Friday.

Ranger354
11-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks P4S! I really do appreciate you letting my daughter and I squeeze in with you guys! You had some good seats!

I got to see '66 and '81, but am sorry I missed meeting '44 and several others ('94, '75, SinFan, Ranger 354, Gofor2 etc....).

I gotta learn to attach a number to a face instead of a name!

I will get it straight eventually!;)

My wife, kids and I got there late. We ate at Jason's Deli then I had to make a run to Wal-mart fallapart to p[ick up some rain gear for the kids. We sat on the East side near the stairs. Pretty good seats since we were high enough to see the west end also. Several people fell on the stairs at our end.

Since I won't be attending any more games this year due to work, maybe next year I can meet some more of you!

My sister is planning on going to SA Friday. She is Class of 74 grad salutatorian if that helps. Dishwater blonde and bad temper!

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2004, 03:18 PM

Since I won't be attending any more games this year due to work, maybe next year I can meet some more of you!

everyone, including yourself, from Sinton has met me at one point or another, im almost 100% sure

Ranger354
11-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Yea i forgot, HEB.

Problably talked to you many times and didn't know it.

SINTON81
11-22-2004, 03:46 PM
everyone, including yourself, from Sinton has met me at one point or another, im almost 100% sure

Don't remind us.:D :D J/k U allright District

AP Panther Fan
11-22-2004, 03:51 PM
My sister is planning on going to SA Friday. She is Class of 74 grad salutatorian if that helps. Dishwater blonde and bad temper!

LOL.....too funny! She will probably be one of about 1,000 blondes with a bad temper on Friday in the Alamodome!:D

pirate44
11-22-2004, 03:52 PM
you mean nobody has created a 3ADL electronic yearbook? i guess that's what the meet n greets are all about.
aaron, is your dad still reffin games?

pirate4state
11-22-2004, 04:27 PM
...Cuero hasn't allowed a rushing touchdown the last four games for sure and have no given up over 100 yards rushing on the ground in longer than that...

:eek: Holy smokes!! :eek: Just some fun #'s ... Sinton put up 151 yards rushing in game 5, 4 games later Yoakum put up 128 yards rushing, so 4 games later Cuero meets up with Sinton (again) ... how many yards will they give up on the ground?? :thinking:

I've seen what Sinton can do in the air, that's what worries me, gunna be a great game... Woo-Hoo air it out boys!! :clap: :D

District303aPastPlayer
11-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
you mean nobody has created a 3ADL electronic yearbook? i guess that's what the meet n greets are all about.
aaron, is your dad still reffin games?

yeah, he has. . . he had the Skidmore game in Beeville in Week 11, week 1 of the playoffs. . . he just ended year 19 i believe. . .

pirate44
11-22-2004, 05:54 PM
yeah, he has. . . he had the Skidmore game in Beeville in Week 11, week 1 of the playoffs. . . he just ended year 19 i believe. . .
good to hear. i havent seen him in a while. i guess its been over a year.

sinton66
11-22-2004, 07:51 PM
So what do all of you think? I'm thinking about doing a big pot of chili for the tailgater. I also have a good sized pit on wheels if yall prefer something else. We did sausage wraps at the state championship last year. We did Tortilla Burgers at the preseason meet and greet. I was just trying to come up with something different.

44INAROW
11-22-2004, 07:53 PM
So what do all of you think? I'm thinking about doing a big pot of chili for the tailgater. I also have a good sized pit on wheels if yall prefer something else. We did sausage wraps at the state championship last year. We did Tortilla Burgers at the preseason meet and greet. I was just trying to come up with something different.

Chili sounds GREAT - :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
11-22-2004, 08:02 PM
I KNOW you can cook 66! Tell me how I can help and chili does sound great.:cool:

Flourhead
11-22-2004, 08:25 PM
i would like 5 cheeseburgers, a giant order of fries, some brisket, some ribs, some chili and cornbread, maybe some stew, fajitas, chips and dip, and huge cup of water

Flourhead
11-22-2004, 08:43 PM
cuero practiced in yoakum today and is practicing at the alamodome on wednesday... none of the players are too excited about that because that means they wont get home until 10 or 11 wednesday night

Flourhead
11-22-2004, 08:47 PM
this friday night, cuero fans might see the return of #29 jarred kohl at lb which will be a huge improvement to stopping everything

Old Green
11-22-2004, 08:49 PM
So what do all of you think? I'm thinking about doing a big pot of chili for the tailgater. I also have a good sized pit on wheels if yall prefer something else. We did sausage wraps at the state championship last year. We did Tortilla Burgers at the preseason meet and greet. I was just trying to come up with something different. Chili sounds great to me:clap:

Old Green
11-22-2004, 08:51 PM
this friday night, cuero fans might see the return of #29 jarred kohl at lb which will be a huge improvement to stopping everything That's great knews that he will be back Flourhead. What about Jackson? Will he back also?

Flourhead
11-22-2004, 08:52 PM
no he's out for the rest of the season... i dont know if i already said this but latrael said he would suit out if we make it to state

Old Green
11-22-2004, 09:02 PM
no he's out for the rest of the season... i dont know if i already said this but latrael said he would suit out if we make it to state If he just suits out no problem. I don't think he should play though.

bigpimpin
11-22-2004, 09:33 PM
this friday night, cuero fans might see the return of #29 jarred kohl at lb which will be a huge improvement to stopping everything

They need him more at deep snapper than anything. Fennis just ain't cuttin it, he's screwed up 4 times in 2 weeks and he has one job, snap the ball.

DFHM
11-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Where did you hear that #29 might return?

sinton66
11-22-2004, 09:37 PM
Maybe some bad news here, I'm hearing the Alamodome does not allow tailgating. Anybody in SA know where we might could do ours?

gobblerfan02
11-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Finally, I just got back to the comp, been watchin it rain/flood all day here in sa, but at least I got outta school @ 2!:D
I can only wish the same for tomorrow!

Flourhead
11-22-2004, 10:00 PM
DFHM...i just heard it was a possibility after the 15 day period

flourface2
11-22-2004, 10:06 PM
yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh flourface2 baby

Flourhead
11-22-2004, 10:08 PM
how you livin world?

Flourhead
11-22-2004, 10:09 PM
jerry has sinton picked to win by 7.... last time he picked sinton by 1 and cuero won by 1 td... does that mean this time cuero wins by 7 tds?

SintonFan
11-22-2004, 10:16 PM
jerry has sinton picked to win by 7.... last time he picked sinton by 1 and cuero won by 1 td... does that mean this time cuero wins by 7 tds?
I dunno, you tell me?

flourface2
11-22-2004, 10:17 PM
hmmm:thinking:.........you have a very good point there flourhead

Flourhead
11-22-2004, 10:18 PM
aw thanks dude... how was practice?

Gobbler Fan
11-22-2004, 10:18 PM
1 point or 49 it doesnt matter a win is a win ...........Cuero by 7

flourface2
11-22-2004, 10:19 PM
aw thanks dude... how was practice?

no comment on that one

Flourhead
11-22-2004, 10:20 PM
what happened?

SintonFan
11-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by flourface2
hmmm:thinking:.........you have a very good point there flourhead
Come on...
Cuero ROCKS!
You of all people can say something better than THAT!:thinking:
How's about something like, "SINTON HAS IMPROVED, AND ARE GEARING UP TO BEAT YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!"
Go Pirates!!!!!!!!!!
Beat the Gobblers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flourface2
11-22-2004, 10:23 PM
not safe to say on here....i think certain "people" read this board now, if you know what i mean;)

gobblerfan02
11-22-2004, 11:46 PM
...0 0...

/\/\/\/\/\

Well, I just want friday to get here so I can watch some football, since UTSA doesn't even have a team! Wait a sec, screw waitin til friday, I want thursday to get here, that turkey and dressing is already callin' my name! And sinton fans, don't come on this thread w/ threats of having turkeys on friday, that's so old, get a new theme, we gobbler fans are already sick and tired of it this season!

sinton66
11-22-2004, 11:54 PM
I had turkey for lunch today. I'll have turkey again on Thursday. If I want it, I'll have it on Friday too.

gobblerfan02
11-22-2004, 11:57 PM
...0 0...

/\/\/\/\/\

And sinton fans, don't come on this thread w/ threats of having turkeys on friday, that's so old, get a new theme, we gobbler fans are already sick and tired of it this season!

I didn't mean not having turkey literally, I will probly have leftovers on thursday, I was simply stating on how all the other posters keep tellin' us that they are gonna have an early/late thanksgiving because of our mascot.

SINTON81
11-23-2004, 09:01 AM
I didn't mean not having turkey literally, I will probly have leftovers on thursday, I was simply stating on how all the other posters keep tellin' us that they are gonna have an early/late thanksgiving because of our mascot.

Don’t blame us; we didn’t pick your mascot. We are just having fun wtih it.:D :D

gobblerfan02
11-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Ya, i guess so, a little fun never hurt anyone, go Gobblers beat the Pie-rats!

SINTON81
11-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Ya, i guess so, a little fun never hurt anyone, go Gobblers beat the Pie-rats!

The only way the Gobblers are going to survive is if President Bush gives the Gobblers a reprieve of execution. Otherwise the Pie-rats will be having a late Thanksgiving. What do you think? That’s kind of original.

pirate4state
11-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Are we having a tailgate party or not?? Anyone get confirmation that the Alamodome will not allow this great tradition!! :eek: I don't think I could eat CHILI before this big of a game -- I'd miss the game. :( :D I'd be happy to meet w/ everyone though. I've already meet Old Green & Gobbla and most of the Sinton posters, but I'd love to meet 44INAROW! :)

I've been hearing rumblings of a possible community wide pep rally on Thursday. Anyone else "hear" anything?? This week is dragging...hurry, Friday!!! :D

44INAROW
11-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Are we having a tailgate party or not?? Anyone get confirmation that the Alamodome will not allow this great tradition!! :eek: I don't think I could eat CHILI before this big of a game -- I'd miss the game. :( :D I'd be happy to meet w/ everyone though. I've already meet Old Green & Gobbla and most of the Sinton posters, but I'd love to meet 44INAROW! :)

I've been hearing rumblings of a possible community wide pep rally on Thursday. Anyone else "hear" anything?? This week is dragging...hurry, Friday!!! :D

hopefully we can figure out a place to meet up.......... :)

Old Green
11-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Well, if they don't allow tailgating maybe we can meet up at one of the Bill Millers BBQ concessions in the dome. I hope they they still have one.:(

District303aPastPlayer
11-23-2004, 10:47 AM

i can find out about the pep rally, lemme go to the other room and ask my cheerleader sister, :p

AP Panther Fan
11-23-2004, 10:56 AM
i can find out about the pep rally, lemme go to the other room and ask my cheerleader sister, :p

Hee hee....I bet I know which one is your sister.....short, cute, athletic....braces maybe? I remember standing next to you at the Ingleside game and you saying something to her and her giving you a dirty look!:D :D :D

Ahhhh, brotherly and sisterly love!:D

District303aPastPlayer
11-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Hee hee....I bet I know which one is your sister.....short, cute, athletic....braces maybe? I remember standing next to you at the Ingleside game and you saying something to her and her giving you a dirty look!:D :D :D

Ahhhh, brotherly and sisterly love!:D

she is at practice, im assuming, because she isnt in her room.. and yes thats her Panther Mom

Flourhead
11-23-2004, 11:04 AM
can we get a pic?

AP Panther Fan
11-23-2004, 11:12 AM
can we get a pic?

Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't have given the physical description....LOL :D

District303aPastPlayer
11-23-2004, 11:12 AM
can we get a pic?

imma let this one slide, but for real, if you keep on. .. i will go ron artest on your @$$. . .and no imnot kidding. . .

Flourhead
11-23-2004, 11:18 AM
http://www.jaysaucedo.com/eventpics2/cuero/images/cuero1220.jpg