PDA

View Full Version : LH Panthers vs Devine Warhorses

footballgal
11-20-2004, 05:44 PM
What are your thoughts?

Chris Hart
11-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Panthers by 28+! The Panthers are on a roll, and the Warhorses just don't have the horses to stop them. Go Liberty Hill!:)

footballgal
11-20-2004, 05:57 PM
I know LH has a great offense and no one has really been able to stop them. Depends on what kind of Defense Devine has. The key to beating LH, you must have a great run defense and an offense that is good enough to keep the score close.

Chris Hart
11-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
I know LH has a great offense and no one has really been able to stop them. Depends on what kind of Defense Devine has. The key to beating LH, you must have a great run defense and an offense that is good enough to keep the score close. Exactly footballgal. That is the criteria needed to beat LH. However, I don't think Devine is up to it. I personally feel Yoakum was a better team than Devine, and they only kept within 21 of the Panthers. I'm sure the Panthers and Tarpons will meet in 2 weeks, and that one should be a better game, but I see the Panthers finally getting out of Reg IV this year. Good luck to the Tarpons, I may try and make the LH/PI game if it's not too far.:)

Chris Hart
11-20-2004, 11:25 PM
ttt

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2004, 01:03 AM
I know very little about Devine, other than what I heard from Wimberley fans this evening. I will be doing a little research though, as I've been known to do. ;) There have been some teams quite surprised at our passing game the last few weeks. :eek: It's not our main offense, but our QB has a very good arm & we have some boys that can catch. More thoughts from me in a day or so.....

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 01:05 AM
I say yall take this game by 14.

gobbler grad
11-21-2004, 01:55 AM
tonight was the 1st time I ever saw LH play and I was very impressed...they execute so well on offense and those running backs hit those holes quick...congrats. on a good game and good luck next week...don't know anything about Devine, but LH by 14

oh yeah, the 7 students without shirts, w/ GO CATS! pretty neat, thought we at college game

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
oh yeah, the 7 students without shirts, w/ GO CATS! pretty neat, thought we at college game

LOL! You should've seen them last week when the temp was about 10-15 degrees cooler! They were in their half-nakeds then; finally succumbed to the cold & put gloves on after the half!

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 02:25 AM
Any word on where this game will be played?

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2004, 02:29 AM
I read elsewhere Alamodome! :eek: Date & time is to be determined tomorrow. As soon as I know something definite, I'll post it.

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I read elsewhere Alamodome! :eek: Date & time is to be determined tomorrow. As soon as I know something definite, I'll post it.
That would be awesome if yall played on Friday, too! Then we could make a day of it. Get sick of stadium food and all...:D

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2004, 11:13 AM
I have a little extra info, but not much. Either Friday at the Alamodome or Saturday at New Braunfels Canyon. :thinking: Saturday @ NBC would work better for our holiday plans, but depending on the time of a Friday game, I bet hubby would be excited about the Dome.

44INAROW
11-21-2004, 11:37 AM
I have a little extra info, but not much. Either Friday at the Alamodome or Saturday at New Braunfels Canyon. :thinking: Saturday @ NBC would work better for our holiday plans, but depending on the time of a Friday game, I bet hubby would be excited about the Dome.

LH Panther Mom.. it was a real pleasure meeting you and your husband last night... wish I would have heard the cell phone earlier when Old Green was calling so I could have made over sooner. Hope you are able to fit in the Cuero vs Sinton game with your plans so maybe we can meet up again. :)...... Good Luck next week :cool:

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Any word on where this game will be played?

The game will be Saturday, 6:00 pm at New Braunfels Canyon (Cougar) Stadium - same place as yesterday.

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
LH Panther Mom.. it was a real pleasure meeting you and your husband last night... wish I would have heard the cell phone earlier when Old Green was calling so I could have made over sooner. Hope you are able to fit in the Cuero vs Sinton game with your plans so maybe we can meet up again. :)...... Good Luck next week :cool:
That was me calling you on Old Green's phone!:rolleyes:
How is Old Green doing? I haven't seen him here today...:confused:
Dang LH Panther Mom, I was hoping yall would play at the same place as us.

44INAROW
11-21-2004, 08:46 PM
That was me calling you on Old Green's phone!:rolleyes:
How is Old Green doing? I haven't seen him here today...:confused:
Dang LH Panther Mom, I was hoping yall would play at the same place as us.

we're seriously thinking about making the LH game on Saturday.. and want to see PI vs Hallettsville...... decisions decisions............. Old Green is missing in action today :eek:

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 08:52 PM
we're seriously thinking about making the LH game on Saturday.. and want to see PI vs Hallettsville...... decisions decisions............. Old Green is missing in action today :eek:
I'm gonna call him now.

SintonFan
11-21-2004, 10:00 PM
I called Old Green and he is ok. He caught a touch of his on going Bronchitus from last nights game. He seemed to be OK but a little rough on the voice...
I hope you are well for the big game coming up OG.:clap:

LH Panther Mom
11-21-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm glad he's okay. The "rough on the voice" could possibly have been caused from yelling at the game. :)

44INAROW
11-21-2004, 10:11 PM
I called Old Green and he is ok. He caught a touch of his on going Bronchitus from last nights game. He seemed to be OK but a little rough on the voice...
I hope you are well for the big game coming up OG.:clap:

rest up Old Green.... we're going to need you yelling Friday night :)

bd62
11-22-2004, 11:30 AM
old green will be ok by friday. if its high water he would swim across it. if its foggy he will get gobbla to drive because his old eyes are just a little bit better than mine. he is a true cuero supporter in good time and bad times. also a great supporter of the kids in the community.

gobblerfan02
11-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Exactly footballgal. That is the criteria needed to beat LH. However, I don't think Devine is up to it. I personally feel Yoakum was a better team than Devine, and they only kept within 21 of the Panthers. I'm sure the Panthers and Tarpons will meet in 2 weeks, and that one should be a better game, but I see the Panthers finally getting out of Reg IV this year. Good luck to the Tarpons, I may try and make the LH/PI game if it's not too far.:)

Mr. Hart, I believe you are underestimating Halletsville quite a bit, I wouldn't doubt it if they are able to beat PI, though it should be a close game. Halletsville's D has really been steppin' it up lately, so before you go on to say that LH will play PI, there are two other teams that might think differently!

CheerMom
11-22-2004, 12:09 PM
If Devine's team is anything like last years, then I see LH winning by at least 3 TD's. They didn't have the D to stop the Raiders last year, so I doubt they have improved enough to stop the horses for LH. Good Luck to both teams and may it be a safe and injury free game for both teams!! Travel safely!!!

Billy Boy
11-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Don't put Devine out of this one its the teams that you know the lease about that can bite you:eek:

Old Green
11-22-2004, 12:36 PM
rest up Old Green.... we're going to need you yelling Friday night :) I'm feeling better today . I went to the doctor this morning. Another shot and two presciptions. I'll be in playoff form come Friday.

bd62 you are so right about the eyesight getting bad.:D

AggieBob
11-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Billy Boy
Don't put Devine out of this one its the teams that you know the lease about that can bite you:eek:

But a team with a three headed monster in its ranks can bite back three times as hard....:D

rhs78
11-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Liberty Hill by 7, Devine has improved but panthers have to much on O.

11TARPON
11-22-2004, 05:56 PM
I caught the Liberty Hill - Yoakum game and while the panthers were impressive on their execution, I expected more speed. LH's defense lacks speed too. Yoakum only punted once. Too many turnovers. If Devine's defensive line is small they may have a hard time stopping LH like Yoakum did. LH and Lyford run the same offense and Devine seemed to have the answer to Lyford's ground game. Should be a good game. Good luck and hope for no major injuries.

Chris Hart
11-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Mr. Hart, I believe you are underestimating Halletsville quite a bit, I wouldn't doubt it if they are able to beat PI, though it should be a close game. Halletsville's D has really been steppin' it up lately, so before you go on to say that LH will play PI, there are two other teams that might think differently! It's just my opinion, no offense to Halletsville or Devine. I do feel that the Halletsville/PI game will be somewhat close, but the LH/Devine game is gonna be a blowout. We'll see this weekend though.:)

olddawggreen
11-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
tonight was the 1st time I ever saw LH play and I was very impressed...they execute so well on offense and those running backs hit those holes quick...congrats. on a good game and good luck next week...don't know anything about Devine, but LH by 14

Hey, those Liberty Hill shirtless guys, or at least their counter parts from last year have been on national television and are some famous dudes! :) :D

olddawggreen
11-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Im going way out on a limb here for my LH friends, but I say LH will take this one by three TDs. Just a very strong gut feeling on my part.:D

PurpleHart
11-22-2004, 07:26 PM
:smoker: We GOT THIS ONE BOYS. I hope PI does there job and LH gets to meet them for the region championship. I respect that program alot but damn id love to watch my ex teamates take revenge on the tarpons. It will be a great game if both teams take care of buisness.

BMMtalksports
11-22-2004, 10:11 PM
This is my first post so I am most definitely a rookie. Devine will take this game by 14. They are hitting on all cylinders and the horse power is high. It will be a great game. It will be nice to see the Four Headed Monster run into the Power of One. Kudos to Liberty Hill for a great year. :)

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by BMMtalksports
This is my first post so I am most definitely a rookie. Devine will take this game by 14. They are hitting on all cylinders and the horse power is high. It will be a great game. It will be nice to see the Four Headed Monster run into the Power of One. Kudos to Liberty Hill for a great year. :)

Very nice post for your first one. I especially like the Four Headed Monster vs the Power of One. :clap: I hope you stick around after the game, if it should not turn out the way you're hoping. ;)

BMMtalksports
11-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Thanks LHMom. From one mom to another. I have been coming to this site and others for two years to check out what the talk is. I am a bit shy and have just gotten the nerve to post and may not post that often but I will be around. I love the game of football and it is great to run into a Mom who shares my passion.

LH Panther Mom
11-22-2004, 11:43 PM
Once you've posted a few, you'll be hooked like the rest of us. And, by the way, welcome.

44INAROW
11-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Thanks LHMom. From one mom to another. I have been coming to this site and others for two years to check out what the talk is. I am a bit shy and have just gotten the nerve to post and may not post that often but I will be around. I love the game of football and it is great to run into a Mom who shares my passion.

Welcome BMM.. this site is addictive :D

gobblerfan02
11-22-2004, 11:52 PM
Welcome BMM.. this site is addictive :D

VEYR ADDICTIVE, I CAN'T STOP POSTING!

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2004, 12:04 AM

Don't let any of the guys give you any crap! ;) Us moms stick together.

PurpleHart
11-23-2004, 02:27 AM
U seem very nice but lack the brains to be talking about football if youre gonna pick Devine over LH by FOURTEEN. Cmon have faith but dont over do it.:rolleyes:

cdlvj
11-23-2004, 10:00 AM
LH 55 Devine 14

CheerMom
11-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Don't let any of the guys give you any crap! ;) Us moms stick together.

That's right we do!!;)

BMMtalksports
11-23-2004, 08:15 PM
:( Looks like the honeymoon’s over. I’m being accused of lacking cerebral gray matter now. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that at this level of play, anything can happen. Like one paper said, Devine is “unscoutable” you never know what will come at you from our offense. This isn’t last year either. We knew going into the Altair Rice game it was going to be a big thing for us to even score against them. But, our boys were there, playing their hearts out and we were proud. This year is a different matter.

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Don't fret - PurpleHart thinks most moms don't know football. ;)

PurpleHart
11-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Ahh i Know a couple of Few Moms that have it figured out. At least the most important parts.;) My momma knows about football:D Well a little im not gonna go overboard. lol

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by PurpleHart
Ahh i Know a couple of Few Moms that have it figured out. At least the most important parts.;) My momma knows about football:D Well a little im not gonna go overboard. lol

She'll be the first to admit it. ;)

LHMom
11-23-2004, 09:31 PM
You know it!

P.S. Thanks, Purple Hart!