PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Yoemen vs. Jasper Bulldogs

yoemenkracker30
11-20-2004, 03:13 PM
I was told by Coach Mullins that the game is going to be without a doubt Friday at Sam Houston State's Bowers Stadium. Game time will either be at 7 or 7:30 depending on if Jacksonville wins today because they have the field reserved if they win. If Jacksonville wins, they'll play at 2 and Cameron and Jasper will play at 7:30....if Jacksonville gets knocked out today...Cameron and Jasper will play at 7 o'clock, Friday

j_dog
11-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Either way, SHSU is a great venue for both teams! :) Thanks for the update.

spiveyrat
11-20-2004, 09:40 PM
...and the short distance from your house doesn't hurt either, does it? :D

j_dog
11-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
...and the short distance from your house doesn't hurt either, does it? :D
That is STRICTLY secondary! :D

Hupernikomen
11-21-2004, 01:42 AM
Jacksonville beat Nederland tonight 20-14..was a fun game to watch...some hard hitting in this one.

tiger mama
11-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Good luck to Jasper

wildkat0507
11-21-2004, 05:09 PM
im pullin for jasper on this one i want another win over jasper.

Jason1725
11-21-2004, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatched. You still have to play Marlin and that is something you should not be taking lightly.

j_dog
11-21-2004, 06:31 PM
And Jasper definitely will not be taking Cameron Yoe lightly. :)

Hupernikomen
11-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by wildkat0507
im pullin for jasper on this one i want another win over jasper.

Maybe in another 30 years you will get that 2nd win...good luck against Marlin...you will need it!

j_dog
11-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Maybe in another 30 years you will get that 2nd win...good luck against Marlin...you will need it!
I wish I had thought to say that! ;)

Old No. 7
11-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Good luck jasper. I'm pulling for ya but not because I want a rematch. :D

Old No. 7
11-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen

Becarefull Humer. It may have been the bold talk that got us the win last time. :D

wildkat0507
11-21-2004, 10:04 PM
o sorry my bad its just that I WOULD like another rematch but its gonna be tough against marlin.

spiveyrat
11-21-2004, 10:07 PM
I'll say...
Jasper 33
Cameron 13

Hupernikomen
11-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Old No. 7
Becarefull Humer. It may have been the bold talk that got us the win last time. :D

You guys won last time fair and square I have no beef with that. The kids you had on the field beat the ones we had on field...we have a few you guys haven't seen yet we would love a chance to introduce to the kats.

NSUTrumpet08
11-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Finally a playoff game i can attend!!!! We met Cameron-Yoe 2 years ago at Conroe's Moorhead Stadium...I know we shut them out the last time but i think it will be another great game!

I'm rootin for the Dawgs to win this one.

Jason1725
11-21-2004, 11:03 PM
im pullin for jasper on this one i want another win over jasper

I think that should be bold enough for you. Hey Marlin there is no need to even show up at the game Friday because Kirbyville's already won.

m-square4life
11-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
im pullin for jasper on this one i want another win over jasper

I think that should be bold enough for you. Hey Marlin there is no need to even show up at the game Friday because Kirbyville's already won.

hahahaha you HAVE to be kidding, right?????

Junkyard
11-21-2004, 11:59 PM
Well the Jasper posters are kidding but the way the Kville guys talk they think they have already won.

That is why they are chiming in on this thread talking about a rematch with us.

I know one thing Jasper is concentrating on Cameron Yoe this week and then next week we will worry about who ever wins the Marlin/Kville game.

Port_town_texas
11-22-2004, 01:09 AM
do u hear K'Ville coming????:mad:

big daddy russ
11-22-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by m-square4life
hahahaha you HAVE to be kidding, right????? Why is Marlin M-square? I've heard them call Corpus Christi C-squared, Edcouch-Elsa High School E-squared and I saw on PPHSfan's info that they call Pilot Point P-squared. All of these make sense.

big daddy russ
11-22-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Port_town_texas
do u hear K'Ville coming????:mad: Nope.

j_dog
11-22-2004, 01:11 AM
do u hear K'Ville coming????:mad:
Marlin may be hearing you! :D

Jasper can hear only Cameron. :)

BlueBlood
11-22-2004, 09:42 AM
I just don't see a Kirbyville/Jasper rematch. Something bad is going to happen to one of them. Just a feeling.

Jody
11-22-2004, 10:17 AM
I can't see Japer or Kirbyville winning these games. Wished I could, but these are tough teams they will be playing. Marlin has a good chance at State, asssuming they can beat Liberty Hill.

jason
11-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Marlin has a good chance at State, asssuming they can beat Liberty Hill. i disagree, the've got one of, if not the hardest road to state...with kirbyville this week, then probably jasper, and then liberty hill and then probalbly gilmer or sweetwater in the finals...its gonna be VERY tough for marlin from here on out...

spiveyrat
11-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Jody
I can't see Japer or Kirbyville winning these games. Wished I could, but these are tough teams they will be playing. Marlin has a good chance at State, asssuming they can beat Liberty Hill.

As I recall, you couldn't see either of these teams advancing last week either. :rolleyes:

spiveyrat
11-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by jason
i disagree, the've got one of, if not the hardest road to state...with kirbyville this week, then probably jasper, and then liberty hill and then probalbly gilmer or sweetwater in the finals...its gonna be VERY tough for marlin from here on out...

Man! That IS a nasty road ahead!

duckbutter
11-22-2004, 11:00 AM
As I recall, you couldn't see either of these teams advancing last week either. :rolleyes: Was just thinking the same thing. Jody and his predictions aren't very accurate. :hand:
Jasper by 21

Bulldog_12
11-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Hmmmmmm:thinking: I also recall someone saying that there was going to be a sweep of D-22. What happened to that. Thanks of ryour input Jody, but after being horribly wrong so many times, you might as well be talking to a wall.

Jody
11-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Hmmmmmm:thinking: I also recall someone saying that there was going to be a sweep of D-22. What happened to that. Thanks of ryour input Jody, but after being horribly wrong so many times, you might as well be talking to a wall.

I have been talking to walls all year.....:D I would not miss Jasper getting beat Friday for a million dollars. I will be there!

Who ever said a prediction has to be accurate anyway......hahaha I figure it this way, I am on a loosing roll and why stop now...... :D

Good luck Dawgs........

Billy Boy
11-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I have to go with Jasper on this one.
I hope the right team gets off the bus.:rolleyes:

JHS_c/o_06'
11-22-2004, 03:38 PM
OH....lol....we will.

Goldenstick
11-22-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm pulling for Jasper!!! Go Bulldogs!!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks Man

pinecone
11-22-2004, 05:16 PM
At 4:00 pm its raining catfish and frogs right on the practise field at the highschool. Its for sure practise will be hindered today, moved to the rodeo grounds or something. If it's not raining in Cameron, then advantage Cameron for today.

bevo
11-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by pinecone
At 4:00 pm its raining catfish and frogs right on the practise field at the highschool. Its for sure practise will be hindered today, moved to the rodeo grounds or something. If it's not raining in Cameron, then advantage Cameron for today.

I can see your point there pinecone...but at this stage of the season (since the two-a-days) these teams don't really rely on the formality of say practices, but more so of the mental fundamentals at this point of the season. We (The Dogs) have to prevent the unnecessary turnovers, especially with the caliber of teams that we are facing now in the playoffs.

Good Luck to both Jasper and Kirbyville this weekend...and not to forget...but good luck to you too Newton.

pinecone
11-22-2004, 05:48 PM
can see your point there pinecone...but at this stage of the season (since the two-a-days) these teams don't really rely on the formality of say practices, but more so of the mental fundamentals at this point of the season. We (The Dogs) have to prevent the unnecessary turnovers, especially with the caliber of teams that we are facing now in the playoffs.

In my opinion, they need practice now as much as they did at the begining of the season. The long snap works against you when you goof it up as much as we have. We may not lose the ball on the fumble but its a good way to lose 15 yds. Some plays under center would help, but heck, if I was coach we probably couldn't beat anyone. Maybe they will get the center position nailed down.They seem to have a different one every game.

Bulldog_12
11-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Good point pinecone. They need to work on protecting the ball. But you just simply cant have the same practices that you had during two-a-days or even pre-district. You really have to be careful of injuries. We have seen what can happen to Jasper with a few key injuries. i.e. K-ville (seven starters were out). Im just hoping that they can keep everyone healthy throughout the rest of their run.

Old Cardinal
11-22-2004, 06:25 PM
I see Jasper winning 41 to 13 this weekend. I watched them beat Liberty at Silsbee and the are a little more disciplined. They will have to have it together the next week and I believe with 22 Seniors they will have the edge.

bevo
11-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Well…I really don’t know the ups and downs of the Dogs season; being some 4,000 miles away, other than…say the play-by-play information that bearkatdad gives us on Friday nights and with what little info that the Enterprise has about Jasper. I was able to fly down and watch them against Diboll a couple of weeks back. It would seem if they can’t handle the shotgun by now, to me the coach would have him under the center more often. Can’t expect to have a sophomore QB to make the difference in the game. Although with his talent and speed, he is and will be a difference maker for quite some time to come. It would seem though, that with the talent around him, it would help take the pressure off of him, the center and the whole offense.

But…I guess we all can set back and critique a situation with our opinions, but in reality they will do just fine. I’ll support and follow them through the good and the bad seasons. It’s been good chatting with you pinecone. Who knows…maybe we’ll meet up at some ballgame?

theyoefnshow
11-22-2004, 07:03 PM
I go w/ Cameron for 3 big reasons. 1)They score quick, and they score often. 2)they have come from behind more than once and are like ice men when doing so. No emotion when they are down, no hooping and hollering when they are up. 3) when they are focused, they are VERY tough to beat. If the Cameron team that played Caldwell (41-17), Rockdale (34-6) Rice (28-6, could've been 35) and most Recently Fairfield shows up, Cameron wins by more than 2 TDs. If the team that played Giddings and Hutto shows, it'll be a sloppy slugfest. Either way, I look for Cameron to win this one and hope that Marlin wins theirs.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Yeah man....there ya go.

Bulldog_12
11-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Alright, Ill reply to this one. I go with the Dogs because 1. THEY score fast and often (when healthy and focused) 2. Their speed is insane 3. They have a VERY stingy defense 4. They have history on their side:D Dogs win it. They are riding a high after the beating they bestowed last week and their defense is definately riding high to the 14 pts total given up in the playoffs(shutout and 14 against liberty, but I only count 1 due to the second being scored on second string)

theyoefnshow
11-22-2004, 07:43 PM
fair enough. Cameron spreads the offense out. TALL receivers and some of the fastest kids in the STATE. Posted 3 shut outs this year and have only allowed 13 in two playoff games. 6 to rice, 7 to Fairfield. As for tradition? Try top 5 3A school w/ most all time wins.

Bulldog_12
11-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Alright, Jasper has several kids that are fast, the fastest obviously being Jordan Patton who runs a 4.3 40. Jasper's D Shut down Jermichael Finley who is one of the top WR recruits in the nation, not to mention hes like 6'6. Tradition????? How bout 36 playoff appearances with most coming from 4a? Thats my answer:D

j_dog
11-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
...Either way, I look for Cameron to win this one and hope that Marlin wins theirs.
You could be right. We will know in a few days. :) Either way, good luck to all teams on Friday night. :)

pinecone
11-22-2004, 07:49 PM
I hope we get different refs from the first Cameron game. Sorry to complain about a game we won, but those guys let Cameron kill us with illegal blocks. Can't blame Cameron, they were getting by with it, so why not. They were finally flagged for it late in the game, after the damage was done. We had offensive and defensive linemen who were the walking wounded for the rest of the season. Probably why we didn't play up to expectations the last 2 games of that season.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-22-2004, 07:51 PM
And dont forget Bulldog_12......we got Coach E - Dawg and the rest of the coaching staff. I believe superior coaching and amazing and at times unstopable talent will allow us to run away with this one.

spiveyrat
11-22-2004, 07:57 PM
fair enough. Cameron spreads the offense out. TALL receivers and some of the fastest kids in the STATE. Posted 3 shut outs this year and have only allowed 13 in two playoff games. 6 to rice, 7 to Fairfield. As for tradition? Try top 5 3A school w/ most all time wins.

Oh yeah? Well, my dad can beat up your dad! :rolleyes:

theyoefnshow
11-22-2004, 07:59 PM
well considering you just beat a team that had no business even being in the playoffs, I don't think that bodes well for preparation. My Dad is insane so I doubt it :cool:

Bulldog_12
11-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Ha Ha! Well guess what.....My mom can whoop your dad spivey. And your fat. and a doo doo face:D

JHS_c/o_06'
11-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh yeah? Well, my dad can beat up your dad! :rolleyes:

HAHA...thats great

JHS_c/o_06'
11-22-2004, 08:02 PM
Ha Ha! Well guess what.....My mom can whoop your dad spivey. And your fat. and a doo doo face:D

Dude...i really think she could....while i dont know spivey's dad...i do know your mom....i think she could pull it off.

Bulldog_12
11-22-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey, my mom is feisty. I have a scrappin mom.

Port_town_texas
11-22-2004, 08:51 PM
K'VILLE! is coming!

j_dog
11-22-2004, 08:57 PM
well considering you just beat a team that had no business even being in the playoffs, I don't think that bodes well for preparation. My Dad is insane so I doubt it :cool:
You know I truly respect the Cameron program and know this will be a very tough game for Jasper. Anybody who suggests otherwise is just messing with you.

But, I take exception to your implication that Liberty had no business being in the playoffs. They won their district, pure and simple. In the process they beat teams with superior records, including Barbers Hill and Huffman, who knocked off WOS in bi-district. What else is required to deserve to be in the playoffs? :confused: :confused: Liberty turned their season around and had a very good team as the posters from Barbers Hill are quick to tell. :)

j_dog
11-22-2004, 08:58 PM
K'VILLE! is coming!
Marlin is waiting for you! :D

easttexan1
11-22-2004, 10:27 PM
It's been awhile since I checked, but my memory says that the Bulldogs would be one of the top 5 playoff teams in all 4 classifications (if eligible). Playoff experience makes a difference, but ultimately it boils down to who fields the best team on a Friday night. Also, you can't ever downplay the Jasper speed. Check out where we have placed in 100, 200 and all the relays since about 84. Guarantee you we have at least 2 or 3 of the top 10 sprinters in the state almost every year. Since some of Jasper's greatest wins and a few of their worst loses were a total surprise to me, I look forward to a new surprise each Friday night. Bring on your best game and let's play ball!!!

spiveyrat
11-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Ha Ha! Well guess what.....My mom can whoop your dad spivey. And your fat. and a doo doo face:D :weeping:

spiveyrat
11-23-2004, 07:30 AM
well considering you just beat a team that had no business even being in the playoffs, I don't think that bodes well for preparation.

Liberty had no business in the playoffs?

Hupernikomen
11-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by easttexan1
It's been awhile since I checked, but my memory says that the Bulldogs would be one of the top 5 playoff teams in all 4 classifications (if eligible).

That is taking it a bit far...although we have beaten ranked 5A opponents a few times I don't see this year's team competing with the likes of Lufkin...I have seen them and the Woodlands..no comparison in my opinion. Too many big strong guys for our two-way starters to handle. Heck I saw Jacksonville Saturday...man they were good. I think Jasper could give them a good game, but I don't know about beating them. I don't even think Jacksonville is a ranked 4A team.

easttexan1
11-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Hupernikomen - I didn't say Jasper could be any current 5A teams. I did say that they would be in the top 5 all time playoff list if they were in 5A. Actually, maybe I didn't say "all time", but that was what I meant. Like I tell my wife, "listen to what I mean, not what I say".

Port_town_texas
11-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Hupernikomen - I didn't say Jasper could be any current 5A teams. I did say that they would be in the top 5 all time playoff list if they were in 5A. Actually, maybe I didn't say "all time", but that was what I meant. Like I tell my wife, "listen to what I mean, not what I say". thanks for that quote. i will remember that when i'm married.:)

Hupernikomen
11-23-2004, 02:33 PM
Hupernikomen - I didn't say Jasper could be any current 5A teams. I did say that they would be in the top 5 all time playoff list if they were in 5A. Actually, maybe I didn't say "all time", but that was what I meant. Like I tell my wife, "listen to what I mean, not what I say".

oh ok I gotta..I guess I didn't catch the context of your post correctly.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Our Track record at SHSU is pretty good, we havent lost the last 4 times we were there,(we almost lost to Waco Connelly...man...what a game) So thats gotta count for something......right?

Port_town_texas
11-23-2004, 04:21 PM
hmmm, u got a point. its the Boneyard away from the Boneyard ( home away from home)

easttexan1
11-23-2004, 09:03 PM
You know Coach Walkoviak used to love to play at SHSU. Always visitors. We have truly played some great games there. Lost some and won some, but I think we had a pretty good run there. Put the turf shoes on and we are off to the races.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Put the turf shoes on and we are off to the races.

We passed out the turf shoes today.:D

theyoefnshow
11-24-2004, 08:01 AM
interesting....I heard we were visitors this Friday.....:thinking:

Port_town_texas
11-24-2004, 11:08 AM
who was the visitor in '02?

JHS_c/o_06'
11-24-2004, 01:27 PM
I was told by one of the coaches today that we (Jasper) will be the home team. Heres to keeping the track record going.

Port_town_texas
11-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Jasper has just won this game....well, lets get to next weekends matchup shall we......

JHS_c/o_06'
11-24-2004, 01:36 PM
And kickoff is at 7.....NOT 7:30.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Jasper has just won this game....well, lets get to next weekends matchup shall we......

Yeah..lets do that...i say Jasper by 15 over Marlin.

J/k

We will worry about next week when the final buzzer goes off friday night, if we are even in it.

Port_town_texas
11-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Funny.

K'VILLE!!!!

Bring on Jasper!!!

mechanic
11-24-2004, 06:24 PM
As we both need to look at this week first, then I have a few choice words for you and your team, what you did and how you played as a team in Jasper will return to you ten fold, and as a popular song says LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR, IT WILL BE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! No need for the refs.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WOS1
11-24-2004, 08:02 PM
I can see after one season in 3A that you never really know what you're going to get from a team. Each night is a different night, WO-S included.

dawgmom
11-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Jasper is the home team? Great! We get the comfortable seats, not that we will be in them much! See you guys at halftime!

Port_town_texas
11-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Jasper is the home team? Great! We get the comfortable seats, not that we will be in them much! See you guys at halftime! lol!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Jasper is the home team? Great! We get the comfortable seats, not that we will be in them much! See you guys at halftime!

I hope its true, and im with you all the way.

j_dog
11-25-2004, 03:20 PM
I have been doing some research on Cameron Yoe, and I am ready to make a prediction............................

There aint going to be a whole lot of huddling going on in this game with both teams running the no huddle shotgun!! :D I guess Jasper has not had a huddle in some four years now. From what I read it sounds the same for Cameron this year? Or was I reading something into it that is not there? Boy, it sounds like this is going to be one exciting game.

I am looking forward to meeting all you folks who have responded. Near the scoreboard at half-time. Dawgmom has offered to make us a sign! :inlove:

theyoefnshow
11-25-2004, 09:53 PM
funny thing is that if both of us are pass pass pass (for the most part) this is gonna be a LOOOOOONG game!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-25-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm just ready for the game....i was ready for the game since about midnight friday night. Too bad i have to miss the Texas/aTm game. Oh well, it'll be worth it.

SintonFan
11-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Go Bulldogs!!!!!
I just wanted to let you know there are some from Sinton who support you!:)

Wildcat81
11-25-2004, 11:46 PM
I support you to. Go dogs.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Thanks guys, that means alot to us. Heres to all 3 of us going to the next round.

NSUTrumpet08
11-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Tomorrow is game day so good luck to both teams and Go Dawgs!!!!

Port_town_texas
11-26-2004, 12:29 AM
go dawgs!!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-26-2004, 12:57 AM
only 19 hours to go........lol

j_dog
11-26-2004, 08:32 AM
funny thing is that if both of us are pass pass pass (for the most part) this is gonna be a LOOOOOONG game!
It MAY be pass, pass, pass from Jasper. Just as likely, it will be run, run, run with an occasional pass. You just never know what you are going to get with the Dogs. :)

theyoefnshow, I hope you come down at halftime for the meet and greet near the scoreboard! :) :) Also, I hope fans from other schools will come down also. My guess is that there will be a lot of 3aDownLow fans there! :)

Buckeye80
11-26-2004, 09:33 AM
I just want a piece of Cameron to avenge Gilmer's loss in the 1981 State Championship game. :mad:

Almost 25 years of unbridled hatred takes its toll on a man. Damn your black hearts Yoemen!!:D :D :D

j_dog
11-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I just want a piece of Cameron to avenge Gilmer's loss in the 1981 State Championship game. :mad:

Almost 25 years of unbridled hatred takes its toll on a man. Damn your black hearts Yoemen!!:D :D :D
Yeah, I know how you feel! I feel the same way about Enis from 1971. :D :D :D

Buckeye80
11-26-2004, 09:45 AM
1981 was the closest Gilmer has ever come to winning State in anything. In '95, the baseball team made it to the State Semi's and lost to Luling, but those two are about it.

The people here are so hungry for a State Championship, it's sad. We travel as well, if not better than any 3A team in the state for football games. We bring more people to a football game than there are people in Gilmer!:D If anyone wants to burglarize a house in Gilmer, do it during an out of town football game. No one will be around. :D

Hopefully this year, the boys can get one for our fans.

theyoefnshow
11-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Oh don't think Cameron doesn't want Gilmer to be 15-0 if we get to them @ the state game! That way we can snap that and make you guys runner up .....AGAIN! :D

Buckeye80
11-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Oh don't think Cameron doesn't want Gilmer to be 15-0 if we get to them @ the state game! That way we can snap that and make you guys runner up .....AGAIN! :D

BAH!!!!