PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest NCAA rivalry???

big daddy russ
11-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Rivalry week has started. I just want to know who you guys think has the biggest rivalry in all of football. It doesn't matter how you define a rivalry, just vote for your pick... but be sure to let us know why you made your choice.

I, personally, consider a rivalry just an extreme hatred for another school by one school. I grew up with Ingleside/Aransas Pass and Auburn/Alabama. Two rivalries where there was absolutely no love lost between the two teams... two absolute civil wars. Family played against each other (and hated each other) and relationships were broken over these........

Of course I have to pick the Iron Bowl.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Has to be Army vs Navy:eek:

Phil C
11-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Where was Texas VS Texas A&M?! :eek:

Keith7
11-20-2004, 03:07 PM
where is florida vs. georgia :eek:

Bulldog_12
11-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Wheres Florida St. and Miami? Those have to be the most exciting rivalry games. But there is a lot of bad blood between Auburn and Bama. I take that one on your list.

big daddy russ
11-20-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
where is florida vs. georgia :eek: Geogia/GT and Florida/FSU are much more heated. I saw that on an article on ESPN or tsn.com last week... called a friend at Gainesville and he said that it's about where the Georgia/Auburn rivalry is.

Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Wheres Florida St. and Miami? Those have to be the most exciting rivalry games. But there is a lot of bad blood between Auburn and Bama. I take that one on your list. Florida and FSU is played during rivalry week, so I picked them over FSU/Miami.

Originally posted by Phil C
Where was Texas VS Texas A&M?! :eek: I picked the teams based on what the media views Texas' biggest rivalry as... I would actually have picked UT/A&M over the Red River Shootout, but that's just me.

KTJ
11-20-2004, 04:44 PM
FSU/Miami is a heated rivalry, but it's too young--something like only 20+ years old.

Titans
11-20-2004, 05:59 PM
I'd say all of those are heated rivalries, and I'm sure there are plenty more that aren't listed.

The longest rivalry in the nation in NCAA Division I football is:

Minnesota vs. Wisconsin

Not as well publicized down here since both are rarely in the hunt for anything worth mentioning. You'd really have to see it in person.

The best rivalry in all NCAA sports is, and there really shouldn't be any argument (but there will):

Duke vs. UNC (basketball)

Nothing compares to this...nothing...and I am not fond of basketball one bit.

big daddy russ
11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I could agree with you on the Minny/Wisconsin rivalry. But I'll still take Navy/Army and Auburn/Bama over it. As far as the Duke/UNC rivalry, they hate each other and they're always playing for something important. Without a doubt the biggest.