PDA

View Full Version : Poor Officiating crews?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-20-2004, 10:48 AM
I dont have time to go into detail but Bellville got the raw end of the deal on the refs, in there game with Marlin. Im sure the tape of this game will be sent to the UIL. How can this crew even be allowed to call a play-off game? Not to take anyting away from Marlin But Bellville never had a chance in this one just because of the bad Officiatin crew.
Bulls eye if you have a chance go into detail on this one.

jason
11-20-2004, 11:00 AM
i dont see how an officiating crew could have an effect on a 30-9 game

3afan
11-20-2004, 11:02 AM
i'd really be interested to hear UNBIASED details ......... probably anything from FormerBellvilleBrahma or Bullseye would not qualify

rhs78
11-20-2004, 11:04 AM
could we here from a Marlin poster on this matter????

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
11-20-2004, 11:12 AM
not ref bashing but they were bad

Bandera YaYa
11-20-2004, 11:19 AM
We have all seen it....but it's part of that "life ain't fair" thing......

3afan
11-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
not ref bashing but they were bad

WHY??? details ............

Comeaux
11-20-2004, 11:21 AM
The Officiating this year has been as bad I have ever seen.
I got to wittiness the officials literally give Barbers Hill a touch down Friday night. They took Kirbyville out of position to score two other times.

Contrary to what the old coaches say – you can lose a game because of bad/bias officiating. The Kirbyville Silsbee game was a good example of this. The zebras had a real psychological effect on the players and coaches. It was like why bother?

HornetMom
11-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
WHY??? details ............

Found this on Centex posted by a Marlin fan...

Lot's of "no calls" last night. I can't believe they didn't call Marlin for that pass interference call. Everyone in the stadium saw it. Sorry Bellville.

Go Dawgs!

scotty
11-20-2004, 11:31 AM
It was no doubt a loosely called game and several critical call or no calls went against Bellville. But as far as that being the primary reason for the Bellville loss…I don’t buy that.
Those two teams could play several more times and I don’t believe the outcome would be much different.
Marlin has a bunch of great athletes and a quarterback who is something special. He has Blue Chipper written all over him.
And Tank Smith and Chris Stewart, 11, aren’t very far behind.
I realize that bad a calls can have a lot to do with momentum shifts but it wasn’t officiating that allowed Smith to run 50, 14 and 32 yards for touchdowns; nor was it the reason that #1, the coaches son, got so wide open on the touchdown pass; nor the bad decision of a very promising sophomore on the only punt of the night for Marlin.
This was a season when the Brahma coaches did special job of developing a very competitive young team that surpassed all expectations. Why not go with that and look forward to next year.

rhs78
11-20-2004, 11:34 AM
very well put scotty,your right on

theyoefnshow
11-20-2004, 11:35 AM
well, it seems bad refs are in every Marlin game either for or against them. *sarcasm*
Check out this post from cunbed10 from centexfootball.com from last week...

"I left the game with 4 minutes left, and was prepared to take my thrashing from everyone on here, but something strange happen. I didn't leave the game early because My Dogs were losing, I left because of the REFS.Why is it that Robinson's head coach doesn't use the WAco chapter, Why is it that u have a predominately black school(Marlin) playing a predominatley white school(China Spring)and all the refs r white? I mean I was really prepared to come on here let everyone take their shots on me and Marlin, But a white friend of my from Bellville call me back and ask,"What's going on in Killeen, yall r winning" I didn't believe it at first, but it was true. This white and Black thing has to end somewhere, The refs were so bad, that I have decided to ref football, and basketball next year, I want to make a difference, so I will, Coach Malone and the rest of the Bulldogs, it must be very difficult coaching black kids, and knowin you r not getting the calls u should, my hats off to you, but maybe we should make sure the playing field is equal the next team we play a school that has mostly whites. Look for me to be refereeing at a field near you. "

Yeah, he got alot of heat on that. Maybe the "white refs" were returning the favor lol

Comeaux
11-20-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
well, it seems bad refs are in every Marlin game either for or against them. *sarcasm*
Check out this post from cunbed10 from centexfootball.com from last week...

"I left the game with 4 minutes left, and was prepared to take my thrashing from everyone on here, but something strange happen. I didn't leave the game early because My Dogs were losing, I left because of the REFS.Why is it that Robinson's head coach doesn't use the WAco chapter, Why is it that u have a predominately black school(Marlin) playing a predominatley white school(China Spring)and all the refs r white? I mean I was really prepared to come on here let everyone take their shots on me and Marlin, But a white friend of my from Bellville call me back and ask,"What's going on in Killeen, yall r winning" I didn't believe it at first, but it was true. This white and Black thing has to end somewhere, The refs were so bad, that I have decided to ref football, and basketball next year, I want to make a difference, so I will, Coach Malone and the rest of the Bulldogs, it must be very difficult coaching black kids, and knowin you r not getting the calls u should, my hats off to you, but maybe we should make sure the playing field is equal the next team we play a school that has mostly whites. Look for me to be refereeing at a field near you. "

Yeah, he got alot of heat on that. Maybe the "white refs" were returning the favor lol

In Silsbee the black offical is the one that killed Kirbyville. Both teams had several black kids playing - but not all of them were kin to him.

spiveyrat
11-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Comeaux
It was like why bother?

THAT is called lack of focus/discipline. :rolleyes:

44INAROW
11-20-2004, 12:19 PM
In Silsbee the black offical is the one that killed Kirbyville. Both teams had several black kids playing - but not all of them were kin to him.

Wow - talk about taking things back 40 years. I see some things never change. Calling people out for the color of their skin is just WRONG. This post may have been said in jest or part of a joke to someone that I know nothing about, but publicly making comments like that do nothing positive. If I am butting in and making as A$$ of myself, I am sorry but this just didn't seem right to me. Just my opinion.

3afan
11-20-2004, 12:23 PM
to all who like to blame the officials or who think they do a bad job ... GET INVOLVED - join your local chapter ... otherwise sthu

sure, there are some bad calls in every game - in every sport - but to question an official's integrity is inexcusable. what about that fumble? what about those missed tackles? what about the wrong defense called on a specific play? one bad, questionable, borderline call from an official and everyhting else is forgotten.

rhs78
11-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Amen 3afan, in every game one can say their were questionable calls on both sides, it is all in the game and as long as humans are involved,a mistake can take place.

marlin fan
11-20-2004, 01:17 PM
well yes there were alot of no calls... not to sound mean or anything but now bellville has had a taste of what marlin has been getting this year!!! Bellville seems very much improved since week 2.. congrats on the season and wish yall the best of luck next year!!!

Bellville22
11-20-2004, 01:23 PM
It's very important to note, as I think I speak on behalf of most Bellville fans, that the officials in no way changed the outcome of the game, Marlin was clearly the better team, might have been a few points closer, but never in jeopardy. But yes, the crew was awful.

CHS_CG
11-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Caldwell had a few bad calls last week.. glad we were able to over come them though, and still pull out the win again Navasota... there were a few facemasks we all saw and I was sittin at the VERY TOP lol.

LogieJoeBean001
11-20-2004, 03:08 PM
I think we can all agree that officiating in any given game can make a difference and in a lot of games there has been some bad calls made. In a very close ballgame, it might cost one team or the other the game. Bad calls, like taxes and dying, are a fact of life. The better team will overcome the bad calls, or no calls. In a blowout game, I believe it could have an impact on the momentum and the team behind could start believing "what's the use", but here again, if the team is playing with all the heart and determination they can muster, then the bad calls should not be an issue. We were not immune to some bad calls this year ourselves, as probably most of us weren't at some time or the other.

Keith7
11-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Here is why.. when marlin is playing, the officials block to help Tank Smith get 160 yards on 18 carries

here is proof

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/refblock.gif

3afan
11-20-2004, 07:46 PM
its a block in the back to boot !

Bulldog_12
11-20-2004, 08:33 PM
You know what is it don't you? Its the BCS. Its those dollar signs.
:D
Ill be an outside opinion. I was there for the first half and saw a few plays that could have been considered raw deals for either team. I don't know what happened in the second half, but the part I saw seemed ok to me. Didnt look like anything that hasnt happened in any other game that I have seen played.

DaRaiderz
11-20-2004, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bellville22
But yes, the crew was awful.

It was the same crew that did the Rice/Bellville game. Huey obviously likes them since he picked them to do a regular season game and a playoff game.

Tiger90
11-20-2004, 09:55 PM

Good to see you have let that game go. Silsbee killed K'ville, end of story. I agree the refs were bad but as stated weeks ago they were bad on both sides. What difference does it matter now anyways? Here's to hoping you meet Jasper again.

Bull's-eye
11-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
i'd really be interested to hear UNBIASED details ......... probably anything from FormerBellvilleBrahma or Bullseye would not qualify
I was setting next to a very knowledegable football person. He has worked for the Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, U. of Houston and one of the best Texas high school teams of the early 80's. He started his career as a football referee and was part of the crew that did last year's Bellville/Marlin game. He pointed out numerous mistakes by this crew. He said that this was one of the worst officiated game he has ever watched.
As Bellville22 posted, these calls did not cost Bellville the game. Marlin was clearly the better team. They had a few bad calls that went against them too. The officials were fortunate that this wasn't a much closer game. Their mistakes could of been devastating for either one of those teams.
Sorry 3afan, but just because I follow Bellville, that doesn't mean I couldn't give a unbiased post. I have been to 5 football games in the last 8 days. I think I know a bad call when I see one!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Well said Bulls-Eye, the slim chance of Bellville making this a good ball game was taken away by the officials, Marlin was cleary the better team. The officials get paid to call these games and if you cant do your job, get some refs in there that know what they are doing. A reciver going for the ball and getting pulled to the ground just as the ball gets to him, the defender not having a chance at it and a ref is right there and dosent make the call, he must be blind. At that time it was 16 to 3 in the 3rd, Bellville was driving, and might have scored. Instead the refs take the drive away! And thats only one of the bad no calls!

Chief Woodman
11-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Well said Bulls-Eye, nobodys saying the refs cost Bellville the game,

Really? Here is what you said earlier....."Not to take anyting away from Marlin But Bellville never had a chance in this one just because of the bad Officiatin crew."

Sounds to me like you ARE blaming the loss on the refs. If that is not what you meant maybe an edit of your first post is in order.

Or at the least explain how this statement is not blaming the refs for the loss."Not to take anyting away from Marlin But Bellville never had a chance in this one just because of the bad Officiatin crew."

3afan
11-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
.............Sorry 3afan, but just because I follow Bellville, that doesn't mean I couldn't give a unbiased post. I have been to 5 football games in the last 8 days. I think I know a bad call when I see one!

you are correct :clap: no offense intended Bull's-eye!

BlueBlood
11-21-2004, 11:05 AM
The Officiating this year has been as bad I have ever seen.
I got to wittiness the officials literally give Barbers Hill a touch down Friday night. They took Kirbyville out of position to score two other times.

Contrary to what the old coaches say – you can lose a game because of bad/bias officiating. The Kirbyville Silsbee game was a good example of this. The zebras had a real psychological effect on the players and coaches. It was like why bother?

I believe the Kirbyville players gave that last touchdown to BH because of their filty mouths and some illlegal blocking. It was not the officials. I thought the officials did a good job in the Kirbyville/Barbers Hill game (and I was pulling for the losing team). Some of you jokers need to learn that their are rules you have to play by! So when you cheat to gain an advantage and get called on it--it's your fault not the officials.
Having said that, I will agree that the officials this year were as bad as I have ever seen.

FranksBullDog
11-21-2004, 11:34 AM
The no call in 3rd QT. was a very poor call and everyone around me agreed MB got away with one and yes it was a very big play in the game.It was BV.last shot to get back in the game but BV.could not stop MB offense.I could not understand why BV.did not put all their playmakers on the field at the same time!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Was told the tape was sent to UIL. Any one in town hear the same?

whtfbplaya
11-24-2004, 02:11 PM
First thing: No one (that I have seen) has had any complaints other than JUDGEMENT calls. That is what they are, ok the refs may have bad judgement, but is still their judgement. If you want to complain or make a statement tell us how they messed up the rules.

whtfbplaya
11-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Example this was posted by me after the WC V WHS game:

Forgive me, because I know I will leave something out. First thing I have seen probably close to 1000 high school games on film and 150 live, mostly 3a but 4 and 5a also, At least 2 or 3 live college games a year and basically every one played on tv. AND IT WAS THE WORST CREW I HAVE EVER SEEN.

1st They showed up about 2 hours late (did not take care of their pre-game responsibilities.

2nd They had two situations where they lost downs

3rd They called delay of game and marked off 5 yards then granted a timeout nullifing the delay and they moved the ball back 7 yards

4th They called PI and moved the ball from the 24 to the 12 instead of the 9

5th They called PI again on the 1 and they moved the ball from the 10 to the 5 instead of the 2

6th They called offensive offsides at the snap ??????????????????????? go figure this one

7th They said a team only had 6 on the line and they really had 7 it was just an unballanced formation and then later in the game a team did have 6 and they called nothing.

8th At least 3 times that I noticed the clock either running or stoped when it should not have been.

9th A holding pen for 14 yards that should have been 10

Like I said these are off the top of my head there are more that I will add to the list later.