PDA

View Full Version : Fight At the Palace

sahen
11-20-2004, 01:40 AM
anyone else see the fight between Indiana and Detriot? that was ridiculous....from now on its all NCAA ball for me....no more GBA (Gang Bangers Association)

TheDOCTORdre
11-20-2004, 01:45 AM
That was the most insane thing that I have ever seen, the fans getting involved was just crazy

Keith7
11-20-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by sahen
anyone else see the fight between Indiana and Detriot? that was ridiculous....from now on its all NCAA ball for me....no more GBA (Gang Bangers Association)

What are you talkin about ?? that was totally the fans' fault!!!!

wow I just lost all respect for Detriot fans..

I think any normal person would not take what the fans did.. thats just rediculous on the Fans part

dont stop watchin the NBA stop watchin the fans cuz that is bad

sahen
11-20-2004, 02:51 AM
honestly i think even if a fan throws beer on u, u should not go into the stands..now if they throw a beer bottle that is different, but beer dont hurt u (ok i know that can be interpreted wrong but im talkin about beer being splashed on u not consumed while driving or something like that)....i know artest was p.o.ed at the point but come on, going into the stands cause they throw beer on u? what does he expect??? he is gonna have to take on all of detriot..that was crazy....the fans on the court shouldve been clocked they have no place there just like the players have no place in the stands....Artest shouldve stayed on teh court....the Fans shouldve stayed in teh stands and not thrown the chairs and stuff...the NBA is turning into a 3 ring circus if u ask me...

Keith7
11-20-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by sahen
honestly i think even if a fan throws beer on u, u should not go into the stands..now if they throw a beer bottle that is different, but beer dont hurt u (ok i know that can be interpreted wrong but im talkin about beer being splashed on u not consumed while driving or something like that)....i know artest was p.o.ed at the point but come on, going into the stands cause they throw beer on u? what does he expect??? he is gonna have to take on all of detriot..that was crazy....the fans on the court shouldve been clocked they have no place there just like the players have no place in the stands....Artest shouldve stayed on teh court....the Fans shouldve stayed in teh stands and not thrown the chairs and stuff...the NBA is turning into a 3 ring circus if u ask me...

the cup hit him in the face.. I dont think i would be able to hold myself back in that situation..

QBKilla
11-20-2004, 02:58 AM
So if you were walking to your office and someone throws a beer on you, you would just keep walking to your office? Not me...I would have reacted the same way Artest did. Also it wasn't just splashed on him, it was in a souvenir cup and the full cup hit him in the mouth. If Wallace wouldn't have overreacted the whole incident never would have happened. Just my perspective.

TXMike
11-20-2004, 09:30 AM
Plenty of blame to go around in this one but I am perplexed about something....

I have been to some SA Spurs games and they have quite a few uniformed city police officers around the court, strategically positioned (not just the "event security" tee shirt guys). I watch them and during breaks in play, they are looking towards the stands, not the floor. They would see some idiot fan doing something like this and it would be lights out for him before the player ever could react. They did not have that there?

shankbear
11-20-2004, 09:33 AM
It is simply called the NBA. Nothin But A**holes.

CS_WILDCATS
11-20-2004, 10:31 AM
I think in these major league sports they have to stop serving beer at a certain time. I know beer sales are big money but you get a few idiots that don't know when to say when. They get totaly toasted and situations like this one can occur. There should be some sort of last call in these arenas.

Bullaholic
11-20-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm going to go ahead and make one of those dumb, obvious posts somebody always seems to make when this sort of thing happens in sports---Artest and the Detroit fans need to form a new league called the "ABA" (Antarctic Basketball Association) and go play in it.

Bandera YaYa
11-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Wow. I came home from a game last nite, where I watched little boys by the railing, cheering on their "heroes" ....to turnng on the TV and watching little boys crying, being comforted after witnessing their "heroes" hitting, slugging, cursing,.......what the hell are we teaching our little ones? I don't care who fouled who, who pushed who, who threw cups, who started it, who finished it.....IT WAS AN UGLY, TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR FROM EVERYONE INVOLVED AND IF THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE BECOME, IF THAT IS HOW WE WANT OUR YOUNG CHILDREN TO IMITATE, THEN LET'S JUST BRING ALL OUR TROOPS HOME BECAUSE NO REASON TO FIGHT ABUSE and KILLING OVERSEAS, WHEN IT IS SO RAMPANT IN OUR OWN BACK YARD!!. LAST NITE, I WAS THINKING....BOY, ARE WE LUCKY....WHAT A GREAT NITE FOR A PLAYOFF GAME....WHERE THE WINNERS AND THE LOSERS MEET AT HALF FIELD AND PRAY TOGETHER.....AND NOW I AM SITTING HERE TOTALLY DISGUSTED...MORE THAN DISGUSTED, I CANNOT SIMPLY EXCUSE THE ACTIONS, SAYING "WELL, HE THREW IT FIRST, SO IT'S OK FOR ME TO ATTACK BACK"......I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THE WAY WE TREAT ONE ANOTHER ......NO WONDER HALF THE WORLD HATES "AMERICANS".. THEY LAUGH AT THE WAY WE ARE SELF DESTRUCTING.....AND WE ARE. THINK THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER????? WATCH THIS FIGHT AND THEN TELL ME HOW IT MAKES YOU FEEL. We will no doubtly hear all kinds of reasons and excuses for this behavior.....but ONE LOOK INTO THE EYES OF THAT SCARED LITTLE BOY SAYS IT ALL. It was nothing less of bully against bully out there.....Is it years of hearing coaches and parents tell you to "get out there and bring them down....no mercy!!.....you are better than them!!!....and whatever else they say before the game and during it....Watching that SW Fox show, highlighting the Dairy Queen game of the Week, I have been appalled at some of the things I have heard them say in the locker room.....so are we really surprised that we are raising boys and girls ready to break another's arm and leg to win a game??? I am not surprised at all......WIN, WIN, WIN.....it's become the national anthem......well, folks, we just saw the end result......it certainly takes many, many years of thinking you are the best, being treated like royalty, given special considerations, and that no one can touch you, to result in the stupid, ignorant display of this attitude by fans and players.. :mad: :flamingma

Of course, just my opinion....while I still have the choice to state it....... :(

3afan
11-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
wow I just lost all respect for Detriot fans..

you should not condemn them all just 'cause the actions of a few ...........

SinTon_Boi_32
11-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Im just CURIOUS if the guy he attacked was the one that REALLY threw the cup

CheerMom
11-20-2004, 10:54 AM
I saw this and was just simply amazed. The fans were horrible, and had no right to do what they did, but the players(who are professionals) have no business going into the stands.
I know it would take alot for me not to retaliate, but these guys are supposed to be role models. They should, and are expected to have more control over situations like this. But, when emotions run high, it's not always easy.
I'm just glad that I live in Texas and won't ever have to deal with fans, such as Detroit's. I would be embarrased if I lived up there.

Bullaholic
11-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
you should not condemn them all just 'cause the actions of a few ...........

3AFan.....Do you think the incident would have happened differently if it occurred in a different part of the arena?

Bandera YaYa
11-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by CS_WILDCATS
I think in these major league sports they have to stop serving beer at a certain time. I know beer sales are big money but you get a few idiots that don't know when to say when. They get totaly toasted and situations like this one can occur. There should be some sort of last call in these arenas. [COLOR=deeppink]Are you crazy????? Think those expensive,"mine is bigger and better than yours" arenas would be sold out, if beer wasn't sold??????????? It's all about the money, honey....and we idiots just keep making the rich richer.....at any and all costs....do you think the owners of the arenas care if their consumers drink too much...drink and carry on like this, or leave the arena or stadium and drive home??? They don't care about you.....they only care that you consume and spend your money with them....bottom line.....they are blameless....totally blameless, because it was your choice to buy it......you gotta love their reasoning!! Pure American!!! We are our own worst enemy......OH HECK, WHAT THE HECK....IT DOESN'T MATTER ......like one vote really doesn't matter...but.heck, "Vote or Die".....why not? Invent a new T-shirt and sell it....make more money ......hey, it's the American way...COLOR] Again, just my American right to state my opinion!!! :(

Ranger Mom
11-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Did you read about the Ennis/Waxahachie brawl last night?

The fight is on (http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=421&tid=43186587&sid=&style=2)

Bandera YaYa
11-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Point made. :(

LH Panther Mom
11-20-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Did you read about the Ennis/Waxahachie brawl last night?

The fight is on (http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=421&tid=43186587&sid=&style=2)

Bad for both teams that there was a UIL representative present at the game. :eek:

Goldenstick
11-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Can you say lawsuit? Once an NBA player leaves the court it's a whole new ballgame:doh: