PDA

View Full Version : Bellville...

NHSRattler60
11-20-2004, 01:32 AM
Good run this year. Good Games, hard fought wins, and tough losses. Don't hang your heads, you played hard and got better as the year progressed.

Good Year. Look forward to Baseball & I may see you vs. Navasota next year if i'm not too busy in college.

rhs78
11-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Good run this year. Good Games, hard fought wins, and tough losses. Don't hang your heads, you played hard and got better as the year progressed.

Good Year. Look forward to Baseball & I may see you vs. Navasota next year if i'm not too busy in college.

great post, it was avery good young team,ya'll should be very tough next year, congrats on a outstanding year

HornetMom
11-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Congrats on a great season...way to hang in there and play tough. Good luck next year.

CheerMom
11-20-2004, 10:35 AM
I, of course, agree with everyone on here. Ya'll have had a tremendous season. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Ya'll went out week after week, and showed everyone that you played, what heart and determination is all about.

You are a young team and will be the reckoning force in D20 next year. Look forward to playing ya'll again. You are a classy group of young men. Be proud of who you are and what you have accomplished. I know I am. You have represented D20 well.

CheerMom
11-20-2004, 01:16 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bellville22
11-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
What a joy it's been watching this young Bellville team turn a season around. Congrats to to the coaching staff for a wonderful job transforming this team into a district champ, and congrats to the boys for refusing to listen to people like 'Bellville22' say this would be a down year. You proved so many wrong, and we as fans are extremely proud of you. Last night you simply ran into a tremendous Marlin team.

While Bellville did everything they could to stay in it, and while the score remained reletively close for much of the game, this game was never really in doubt. Marlin set the tone on their first two drives, as they marched right down the field to jump out to a 14 point lead. Tank had a tremendous game on both sides of the ball. What a player this young man is, he was everywhere. Jeremy Sanders certainly didn't have his best performance, but showed flashes of what a brilliant player he is... and he's coming back next year! He's the kind of player who can single handedly make them a contender, he's that kind of athlete.

Before I get to Bellville, let me get two things out...

Very seldom (practically never) do I let officiating crews get to me. And let me begin by saying that in absolutely no way did it have any effect on the outcome of the game. Marlin was clearly a much better team, and they were going to advance. But the crew last night was awful. It wasn't all in Marlin's favor, they were bad both ways. They used poor technique spotting the ball, poor judgement, and botched a couple of penalties on a punt play like nothing I've ever seen. If anyone from that chapter reads this, this game certainly needs to be reviewed, and these officials need to be evaluated.

Next....

Now I'm certainly not a coach at Marlin, nor do I follow Marlin as a fan, but Jeremy Sanders and Tank Smith played the ENTIRE game, down to the last snap. Do they not have a backup QB or RB? Not to say that they were trying to "run it up", these two teams respect each other too much to pull something like that. But Bellville had conceded the game, as they put in the majority of their second team defense, yet Marlin continued to run their first O. If Sanders or Tank goes down, that puts a serious damper in Marlin's chances of getting where they want to be.

OK, I'm done.

For the Bellville Brahmas: Thank you for showing the heart of a champion. I've been hard on this team all year, but you rose to the challenge, and proved most wrong by bringing home yet another District Championship. You never gave up, and thank you for playing with Brahma Pride all year.

Manny: It's been a pleasure watching one of the most electric 3A football players in the state. Thanks for making us say "Wow!". Best of luck to you as you continue your football career.
Jabow: The same to you, what a pleasure it's been. You were a leader, and a tremendous competitor, best of luck to you as well.

To the seniors: Best of luck to each and every one of you in the future. Never forget your time under the Friday Night Lights.

To the underclassmen: I think you realize what kind of group you will have for the next few years. Work hard and live up to the hype. This Bellville program has a chance to do incredible things in the near future.

And Justin: You're the last of us at Bellville. Enjoy every moment of it, and work hard to do great things next year. I'm proud of you, prepare to step up and be a leader for a very talented team next year.

Go Bulls!!!

From the other thread, but wanted to get it on this thread as well. Great year Bulls!

BrahmaMom
11-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks for bringing that over, 22, you did a great job. I can't believe the family has run out of athletes. We still have a few left. However, the next few years I'll be following the Rice Owls till my 8th grader gets under those lights! You did a great job summarizing how proud we are of our Bulls. They never said quit. This will be the last group I follow, but my heart was on the field with those guys every down. You seniors did a great job and taught those young Bulls how it is done. I am so proud of all of you. Madball, Jabow, Kortland--you guys are great and I love you and wish you and all the rest the very best as you go on. Whether this was your last game, or you are continuing on, BrahmaMom is on your side!

Bellville22
11-20-2004, 08:11 PM
ttt

CheerMom
11-20-2004, 09:36 PM
22, your posts never cease to amaze me!! :clap: :clap:
Have you considered changing your major to maybe journalism??:D

Bellville22
11-21-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by CheerMom
22, your posts never cease to amaze me!! :clap: :clap:
Have you considered changing your major to maybe journalism??:D

Funny you ask that, because for a while that's exactly what I wanted to do. Had my eye on Univ. of Colorado, and the whole Journalism thing. Not sure when I decided to change, but at some point I took this road. One of my roommates actually has a journalism degree from UT but decided not his thing, now getting an engineering degree at A&M. We're gonna see about changing the name on the degree and maybe I can use it. But I promise you I'm going to be good at what I'm doing;) If I'm wrong, maybe I can fall back on writing. :D

Bull's-eye
11-21-2004, 01:24 AM
Wow, what a fun team to watch. Bellville played 2 more games than most people expected. It started slow, getting all the players in their right positions was a huge task. After a bad call in Yoakum, this team pulled together. Watching some of our larger and more physical opponents, I was amazed at how hard this team fought. In the Navasota game, this team gave a Warrior-like effort. Even though they were defeated, this team showed what kind of heart and determination they possessed. Thanks for a very exciting season! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm going to miss all the Sr's, but next year will be hard not to see Sanders, Bryant, Benjamin, Peschel, Harrison, Nunn and Rodiek wear that Brahma uniform. Good luck guys!

Bull's-eye
11-21-2004, 01:33 AM
22, I know you would be great at journalism, but I also see a future sucessful coach. :thumbsup:

FranksBullDog
11-21-2004, 11:49 AM
To BV.22 Marlin did keep #7 in the entire game but the offense did not get many reps. the last two weeks.They were not trying to score in the 4th QT.The pass was wide open the entire QT as it was to #1 earlier. Also MB does not have the numbers that BV. has and if they substitute at QB there may have been a fumble which could have caused the game to be extended and more opportunities for injuries.Good luck to BV. and I am sure we will meet again!

Bellville22
11-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Cool. I wasn't implying that they may be trying to run it up. I was thinking more from an injury standpoint. I'd much rather lose a fumble than lose an electric QB.

pavie007
11-22-2004, 02:46 AM
Hmm, where do I start? I guess by first of all congratulating the Marlin Bulldogs on a good, tough win and wishing you guys luck in the playoff road that lies ahead.

Second, I want to commend the Brahmas on a great effort on Friday night. The scoreboard at the end of the game was no clear indication of the battle that took place at Bryan Viking Stadium. You guys once again came out ready to play and to fight until the clock read zero. That is exactly what you all did. Each and everyone of you left it all on the field, and in cases like that, there are no losers.

Although Bellville does have a lot of young players, and had a rebuilding year this year, my post is mainly going out to the Bellville Brahma Seniors. I have watched each of you grow so much over the years. From 10 year old baseball all stars and peewee football and now as high school seniors, it's been one heck of an experience. You guys all made such awesome leaders and provided such wonderful examples for those Brahmas that will follow you in the years to come.

Dylan, Willie, Kendrick and John: you guys always led the defense with such awesome energy and enthusiasm that I hope has been instilled in the young men that will be stepping up...

Kortland, Emmanuel(Manny)and Jabow: you guys have always played with such great style and good sportsmanship, even when ya'll were younger...I have always seen you guys work hard and never give up...Keep the awesome work ethic and the great attitudes, I know you'll go so far in life!

Pope and the offensive line, Winkelman, Peschel, Juan(big yo) and the center, Pawlak: Pope, you did a great job in stepping up to take the QB position and played with pride and enthusiasm...The O - line....you guys were often overlooked like most guys are in the trenches, but I can guarantee you that there wasn't a game where I wasn't there yelling for you! You guys had a GREAT season and left some large shoes to fill for those yet to come...

White, Hoffman, Davis, George, Edwards, Rice & all the other seniors...you guys all did a great job at being leaders and left great examples for the younger boys to follow

Chase Pawlak(#54): of course I'd have to write a special part in here about my wonderful little brother. He was one of the toughest centers I have seen play. He wasn't always the bigger of the two against his opponent, but you usually couldn't tell because he would come out on top. Although I am a 21 year old college senior, Chase through your example you have taught me so much and reminded me about the person I should strive more to be...You worked so hard to earn and maintain your position and you always, ALWAYS left it all on the field..You never gave up, not once.....You should, along with the other boys should be so proud of yourself and your successful Senior Football season...I know I am!

You guys reached a goal as I mentioned before that many thought was unattainable at the beginning of your season, District Champs!! Thanks for the memories guys and good luck in the future, wherever the road may lead you....

BlueBlood
11-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Good Season Bellville. You guys have a lot of class.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Good post 007, looking forward to the next few years sould be good for Bellville Football!!