PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hawk Fan!

PhiI C
11-20-2004, 01:17 AM
It was good to see you tonight even though it was a little brief. Your team had an excellent season and has nothing to be ashamed of! You got an awesome band and I really enjoyed the halftime show. I know you are on the long road back to Zapata as I type this but good luck to you and please keep posting.

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-20-2004, 04:30 AM
Hey, I don't know if I have much to talk about after football...maybe basketball, Hawk Basketball got three games into the playoffs last year.

It was nice seeing you, people were asking me why I was going to talk to quote "an old geezer from Sinton"

Some people at the game told me the following: "We're lucky its you on 3ADL, you're the one who's going to get toasted"

I swear, nowadays, I've become the football players best friend for posting here. They call me Izzy now sometimes :)

HornetMom
11-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Hey Hawk Fan, just cause your season's over, don't mean ya gotta leave. We talk about lots of stuff on here in the offseason. Just keep checking in with us.

And from a Band Mom, sounds like ya'll did a great job. Good luck with the rest of your year.

sinton66
11-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy
Hey, I don't know if I have much to talk about after football...maybe basketball, Hawk Basketball got three games into the playoffs last year.

It was nice seeing you, people were asking me why I was going to talk to quote "an old geezer from Sinton"

Some people at the game told me the following: "We're lucky its you on 3ADL, you're the one who's going to get toasted"

I swear, nowadays, I've become the football players best friend for posting here. They call me Izzy now sometimes :)

I doubt you'll get "toasted" by Sinton fans. Most of us aren't like that.

big daddy russ
11-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Hey Hawk fan, great season. Everybody over in Ingleside wishes you guys the best. Congratulations on going undefeated in the regular season. As far as the offseason, stick around. It's not just sports, we talk about some goofy stuff and everyone gets to know everyone else a little better.

Ranger354
11-20-2004, 10:09 AM
The Hawk Band was very good I thought. I wonder if our band director took notes. I especially liked the fact that the tried to upset our offense by making noise on the first series.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Couldnt believe that roaring music was coming from a small band and they all got into it. Like the Chant D E F E N S E sounded aswesome. Hawks fans are active into the game. Great season hopefully we meet again next year.

Johnny Utah
11-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy

Your band was awesome dude, yaw kicked our band's butt!:D

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-20-2004, 07:27 PM
The goal of our band is to be as loud as we can be. The wasn't the loudest we've been. Last year at the La Feria game, we took THREE gongs that have giant cymbals of like 5 feet radius. We were smacking those things all night.

Yeah, we're a small band, but we're a pretty good one.

2001: Area Competetion, 6th place. This is the first time a judge screwed us. We were in second place with the results from the first four judges, but the last one gave us last place.

2002: Honor Band, 6th Place in State.

2003: State Competetion Qualifier.
15th place ATSSB Performance Series State

2004: Area Competetion, 14th Place.

We like making noise. That's what we do. We're also very energetic. The Sinton Band seemed dead last night.

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Hey...Zapata's band was awesome. Nobody has given credit to the young ladies yet so....gotta tell ya, they looked great dancing in the stands from across the field. Quite an energetic, well organized and sharply dressed group!

Zapata has much to be proud of!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah, last night I was saying that least we beat Sinton in something...

Oh well, we got 3-deep into the playoffs last year in B-Ball...maybe we can do it again.

sinton66
11-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Good luck to you guys. How's your baseball team?