PDA

View Full Version : Sinton-43--Zapata-6--FINAL

SinTon_Boi_32
11-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Sinton Will Take The Knee This Is Ova...Great Game PIRATES

SinTon_Boi_32
11-19-2004, 11:21 PM
My predection was off a bit though...Sinton-42,Zapata-20 I thought id hook them up with 14:)

Goldenstick
11-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Nice win Pirates!

rhs78
11-19-2004, 11:26 PM
great win pirites,i thaught that the hawks would play alittle tougher, good luck next week,should be a great game, good season hawks,

Da Mules
11-19-2004, 11:31 PM
I used to live in the Valley. all of the great Valley Hopefuls came to a screeching halt when they got anywheres north of a line from Corpus Christi to Alice. same-o, same-o.
rare exception was and is the Port Isabel Tarpons

pirate44
11-19-2004, 11:33 PM
wtg pirates!! it was a great game even with a sticky field. They actually could have done a bit better without a couple mistakes. But a great win.

big daddy russ
11-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Alright, guys... now it's down to either Cuero or Wimberley for the Regional Championship. Good luck...

On a side note, make it past that game so you can play someone up here at Kyle Field. I miss those Sinton games up here. Let's pull for Palestine... they'd be our best bet to play here.

Old Green
11-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Congrats on the win Pirates.:clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
11-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Nice Win Pirates :)

SintonFan
11-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Congratulations Sinton Pirates!!!!
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TAKE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray_BearKat
11-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
I used to live in the Valley. all of the great Valley Hopefuls came to a screeching halt when they got anywheres north of a line from Corpus Christi to Alice. same-o, same-o.
rare exception was and is the Port Isabel Tarpons

What does this statement have to do with Sinton and Zapata?

Da Mules
11-19-2004, 11:54 PM
you live in the Valley, you know what I mean about the success of 99.9% of the Valley teams when they break out of the Valley. and zapata is part of the upper Valley.

SintonFan
11-19-2004, 11:56 PM
you live in the Valley, you know what I mean about the success of 99.9% of the Valley teams when they break out of the Valley. and zapata is part of the upper Valley.
No they are not...
Zapata is geographically removed...

Da Mules
11-19-2004, 11:57 PM
and who does Zapata play against in district?

Ray_BearKat
11-19-2004, 11:58 PM

Sorry to bust your bubble but there is no way that Zapata is a part of the valley upper or not. If they were a valley school they would be in 32-3A...

Ray_BearKat
11-20-2004, 12:00 AM
and who does Zapata play against in district?

Coastal bend teams....like San Diego, Orange Grove and Falfurrias...

Da Mules
11-20-2004, 12:01 AM
geographically removed? when I used to drive up to Lake Falcon to go fishing a mere 90 miles, I didn't see any change in geography. :D all flat land all the way

and Falfurrias for dang sure is part of the Valley

SintonFan
11-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
Coastal bend teams....like San Diego, Orange Grove and Falfurrias...
Da Mules Zapata is NOT a valley team. PI is a valley team!:clap:

Ray_BearKat
11-20-2004, 12:03 AM
geographically removed? when I used to drive up to Lake Falcon to go fishing a mere 90 miles, I didn't see any change in geography. :D all flat land all the way

Your the first person I have ever heard say that the Falfurrias is apart of the Valley....I always assumed that the big empty area known as the King Ranch divided the Valley from the rest of the state...but what would i know...

and much of the Coastal Bend resembles the Valley geographically...what should they be considered?

SintonFan
11-20-2004, 12:08 AM

Falfurrias does fit that bill.
Man, I miss all the 'Coastal Bend' flatland...

Da Mules
11-20-2004, 12:08 AM
ok, ok... we're getting into one of those "just where does West Texas start " deals... if Zapata doesn't wanna be part of the Valley, I completely retract my statement, I apologize, and I'm gonna go back to Lake Falcon and release all of the black bass and stripers I caught there, cause I thought I was fishing in the Valley and you have convinced me that I am WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

but most people still think lake falcon is in the upper valley, that would make Zapata part of the valley. well, SOOOORRRYYYY!! we were all fishing in the COASTAL BEND (district) catching REDFISH :D :D :D and too stupid to know it

htowntransplant
11-20-2004, 12:10 AM
hey what a game! too bad it came at a large price.....were gonna miss gabriel....but what about franco! 42 tds and counting, including 4 today. according to the cheerleaders, wimberley win = alamodome for us. cuero win = victoria next week..... id like to go to the alamodome, but theres no better scenario than sinton / cuero rouind 2. congrats sinton pirates....

o and just for the record, i am the football vaccum. ive gotten 3 in the past two consecutive weeks, including 2 today. keep em coming girls!

SintonFan
11-20-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
hey what a game! too bad it came at a large price.....were gonna miss gabriel....but what about franco! 42 tds and counting, including 4 today. according to the cheerleaders, wimberley win = alamodome for us. cuero win = victoria next week..... id like to go to the alamodome, but theres no better scenario than sinton / cuero rouind 2. congrats sinton pirates....

o and just for the record, i am the football vaccum. ive gotten 3 in the past two consecutive weeks, including 2 today. keep em coming girls!
Glad to meet ya htown(? on the 2nd pargraph:D )...

htowntransplant
11-20-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Nice win Pirates!

yeah i thought so too, but of course the sinton faithful deserve alot of credit for shutting the run down and throwing in that safety....and what the heck was garret jacks doing at left defensive end?? that was hilarious...and he got within a foot of sacking their quarterback. thats some funny stuff there.

Da Mules
11-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Ray Kat, it's nearly solid farmland all the way from Sal del Rey straight West to Falfurrias, with that huge empty brushpile known as the King Ranch running North of Fal.

but if they don't wanna be part of the Valley either, who am I to tell them where they are?? Just a misplaced West Texan :D except the West Texas purists insist that West Texas doesn't start till you get around the corner at Iraan! Let Zapata and Fal be part of the Coastal Bend if it pleases you all. :clap: :clap:

htowntransplant
11-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by rhs78
great win pirites,i thaught that the hawks would play alittle tougher, good luck next week,should be a great game, good season hawks,

i went to quote this line in my last post...sry

Ray_BearKat
11-20-2004, 12:16 AM
LOL...well you weren't fishing in the Valley. Fishing in the valley is mostly off the Gulf Coast. Where we catch REDFISH like in the Coastal Bend :D

and good i'm glad we agree...:D

htowntransplant
11-20-2004, 12:16 AM
meant** damn im having problems

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 12:19 AM
[i]o and just for the record, i am the football vaccum. ive gotten 3 in the past two consecutive weeks, including 2 today. keep em coming girls! [/B]

Hey, you need to give one of those to my daughter!:D We were sitting up top and finally decided the girls would need a rocket launcher!

Great win Sinton!:thumbsup:

j_dog
11-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Sinton, congratulations on another big win! :) Too bad there is no possibility that Jasper and Sinton could meet this year. :(

sinton66
11-20-2004, 12:20 AM
ok, ok... we're getting into one of those "just where does West Texas start " deals... if Zapata doesn't wanna be part of the Valley, I completely retract my statement, I apologize, and I'm gonna go back to Lake Falcon and release all of the black bass and stripers I caught there, cause I thought I was fishing in the Valley and you have convinced me that I am WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

but most people still think lake falcon is in the upper valley, that would make Zapata part of the valley. well, SOOOORRRYYYY!! we were all fishing in the COASTAL BEND (district) catching REDFISH :D :D :D and too stupid to know it

It's not that Zapata doesn't want to be part of the valley, it seems the valley doesn't want Zapata to be part of the valley. Technically speaking the geographical Rio Grande Valley runs from El Paso to Brownsville.

Highschoolfan78
11-20-2004, 12:22 AM
good job sinton.. congradulations:p

Bulldog_12
Congratulations to Sinton and the win. And congrats to Zapata for making it this far. Keep your heads up.

htowntransplant
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Hey, you need to give one of those to my daughter!:D We were sitting up top and finally decided the girls would need a rocket launcher!

Great win Sinton!:thumbsup:

haha hey it was unfortunate the way things turned out. i returned home with no balls. the reson for that was because i caught the first one...and i originally was gonna keep it. the second one i got i have to aarons girlfriend. however, some idiot stole it out of her pocket. so when i got dropped off at my place, i gave aarons gf the first one i got bc i figure, i still have mine from SA.

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
haha hey it was unfortunate the way things turned out. i returned home with no balls.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe you will get them back next week!:D

Ray_BearKat
11-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
It's not that Zapata doesn't want to be part of the valley, it seems the valley doesn't want Zapata to be part of the valley. Technically speaking the geographical Rio Grande Valley runs from El Paso to Brownsville.

I've always wondered about that...but isn't a "river valley" where the river finally reaches the ocean or is that a river delta?

gobbler grad
11-20-2004, 12:27 AM
way to go pirates...nice victory!!:clap:

gobblerfan02
11-20-2004, 12:28 AM
I'd hate to be the one I told ya so, but "I told ya so." Way to go Pirates in a steamroller!!! I knew you could do it, just hope the gobblers can hold up the other end of the rope tomorrow night in seguin!:D

TAMUGRAD
11-20-2004, 12:30 AM
just got home from cc watching this game. sorry to take alittle glory from sinton but cueros 9-0 freshman could have bet zapata.

sinton66
11-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
I've always wondered about that...but isn't a "river valley" where the river finally reaches the ocean or is that a river delta?

Yes, that is a delta.

htowntransplant
11-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan Maybe you will get them back next week!:D [/B]

yeah maybe....as long as nobody steals em like today. :mad: hay im getting off. great win sinton. i wish i could be in victoria. i guess it depends on what shapes up after thanksgiving. i gotta return to rosenberg (my home town) to be with tha family. if im not there, route them on for me. adios.

gobblerfan02
11-20-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
just got home from cc watching this game. sorry to take alittle glory from sinton but cueros 9-0 freshman could have bet zapata.

I just want to be the one to point out this nice but true gesture. Cuero not only has talent this year, but young, raw talent(5 soph. starting on defense I believe). Even if cuero doesn't go all the way this year, they have good potential in the years to come. Thanks for the support tamugrad, and congrats to the pirates on their big win tonight!

sinfan75
11-20-2004, 12:38 AM
I thought Zapata was a passin team! I predicted 42-14. Sorry D, lost faith in ya there a little bit.:D I keep feelin my hair shorter.

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I thought Zapata was a passin team! I predicted 42-14. Sorry D, lost faith in ya there a little bit.:D I keep feelin my hair shorter.

Ha....you were darn close!:)

TxRedneck13
11-20-2004, 12:55 AM
ConGrats Pirates Nice Win

TAMUGRAD
11-20-2004, 12:55 AM
hey gobblerfan dont let this score worry you guys about next weeks game. sinton was not the team you played early on.

SintonFan
11-20-2004, 12:57 AM
hey gobblerfan dont let this score worry you guys about next weeks game. sinton was not the team you played early on.
???

AP Panther Fan
11-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Ding, Ding, Ding..... Let's get ready to rumble.......:D

SintonFan
11-20-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Ding, Ding, Ding..... Let's get ready to rumble.......:D
Jeez, let's hope a domination of undefeated Zapata will be taken lightly...:D

gobblerfan02
11-20-2004, 01:02 AM
OK, nice try, but we all know sinton will be gunnin' for cuero next week if we get by wimberley tomorrow. Rematches are always high tempo. The gobblers aren't the same team either, after a tough district, as all three teams are in the 2nd round, they must keep rising to the challenge each week, just like all the other teams. Congrats to sinton on a big win tonight, I was pullin' for ya'll. Hope to see you next week!

SintonFan
11-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
OK, nice try, but we all know sinton will be gunnin' for cuero next week if we get by wimberley tomorrow. Rematches are always high tempo. The gobblers aren't the same team either, after a tough district, as all three teams are in the 2nd round, they must keep rising to the challenge each week, just like all the other teams. Congrats to sinton on a big win tonight, I was pullin' for ya'll. Hope to see you next week!
Did you see how Devine just killed Lyford? Devine is a darn good team...:clap:

footballgal
Congrats to the Pirates; Now, go get a Gobbler!

AP Panther Fan
Congrats to sinton on a big win tonight, I was pullin' for ya'll. Hope to see you next week!

Thanks and I am sure you will......good luck tomorrow!:)

footballgal
11-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Yep, that RB,Whithead looked pretty big and impressive!

PhiI C
11-20-2004, 01:14 AM
Congratulations Pirates on a great win tonight! Sorry we weren't able to meet you when you got back to Sinton but we were held up getting out of the stadium parking lot and then it started to rain. Apologies to the Pirates but great win!!

gobblerfan02
11-20-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
Congrats to the Pirates; Now, go get a Gobbler!

OK footballgal, im gonna go ahead and pull your leg a bit and state that it would be a little late to fetch a turkey unless they play thursday night! :thinking: But then again, my family is getting together on sunday, so I guess you could still get some turkey, I just hope it wont have a green jersey on it!:D
Great win tonight pirates!

pirate4state
11-20-2004, 01:27 AM
Awesome win Pirates!! You know where I'll be tomorrow. :D Doing a little scouting in Seguin!! :p Along with a bunch of other Pirate fans, I'm sure. :D Now, where should we sit?? :thinking: I'm kinda fried right now so I think I'll read a little and go to bed. (yawn)

Thanks to Missile for keeping me up to date on the PI/Ingleside game! :thumbsup: Congrats on the win Tarpons & Great season Mustangs...keep your heads up! :clap:

footballgal
11-20-2004, 01:32 AM
OK footballgal, im gonna go ahead and pull your leg a bit and state that it would be a little late to fetch a turkey unless they play thursday night! :thinking: But then again, my family is getting together on sunday, so I guess you could still get some turkey, I just hope it wont have a green jersey on it!:D
Great win tonight pirates!

LOL:D

AP Panther Fan
I am right behind you P4S! Much to do tomorrow. Thanks for letting us sit with you....enjoyed getting to know you better! If you make the trip to Seguin...drive carefully!

Yoo Hoo Pirates!:D :D :D

gobblerfan02
You're always welcome on the cuero side, except if we get ya'll next week, but tomorrow come on out and watch some football if you must, but come early, I hear the stadium will be packed pretty good!

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-20-2004, 04:24 AM
And then there was another season...

I congratulate the Sinton Pirates on their great game, they played out there like the champions we knew they were.

I thank the Hawks for the fantastic season, even if it got ended this way. As they say, there is always next year.

Now, for comments on the game itself:
Sinton's Offense is just great. Travis Franco, my goodness, he can do everything!

Our offense, on the other hand, was completely and totally non-existant. I'll give credit where credit is due: Sinton plays some tough D. But what was annoying some of the more analytical fans was our QB. A great player, but he didn't seem to be in the game tonight. Those long bombs he would sometimes throw are usual for the season, but he couldn't seem to get a first down afterwards. The offensive line did a better job this game then against La Feria, less penetration by Sinton.

Who knows? We got some good yardage, we just couldn't convert them to TD's.

As a final note, our band kicked your band's thingymajiger.

"I tip my hat off and call COACHCOACH my DADDY!"

District303aPastPlayer
11-20-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy

I congratulate the Sinton Pirates on their great game, they played out there like the champions we knew they were.

Sinton's Offense is just great. Travis Franco, my goodness, he can do everything!

1st statement is of class. . .

2nd statement, do you realize he 42 touchdowns this year. . . thats is simply amazing

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-20-2004, 04:35 AM
Do you know that's the answer to life, the universe and everything? 42?

Besides, I got 42 touchdowns too. I've touched "down" 42 times at the gasoline station to get chili on my nachos! LOL!

But seriously, he's an amazing player.

District303aPastPlayer
11-20-2004, 04:46 AM
whats even more amazing, is the kid is the most humbe person you will ever meet, i am almost willin to guarentee it

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-20-2004, 04:50 AM
That's wow...humble and good?
The stretch of games when our QB was playing like god, hell, he was impossible to deal with.

He still is, actually. Hell, I have him in Yearbook, and I don't think he goes very often.

District303aPastPlayer
11-20-2004, 05:13 AM
go to the chat room

44INAROW
11-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
go to the chat room

11-20-2004 04:13 AM
You boys were up WAY TOO LATE lol lol

Great game last night Pirates!

sinton66
11-20-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy

I thank the Hawks for the fantastic season, even if it got ended this way. As they say, there is always next year.

Our offense, on the other hand, was completely and totally non-existant. I'll give credit where credit is due: Sinton plays some tough D. But what was annoying some of the more analytical fans was our QB. A great player, but he didn't seem to be in the game tonight. Those long bombs he would sometimes throw are usual for the season, but he couldn't seem to get a first down afterwards. The offensive line did a better job this game then against La Feria, less penetration by Sinton.

Who knows? We got some good yardage, we just couldn't convert them to TD's.

As a final note, our band kicked your band's thingymajiger.

"I tip my hat off and call COACHCOACH my DADDY!"

Izzy, if COACHCOACH has even an ounce of class, he'll keep his mouth shut now.

CS_WILDCATS
11-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Franco can just cut and accelerate on a dime. - just amazing

Stretch04
11-20-2004, 11:31 AM

Chances are Cuero won't have to worry about Sinton because those Wimberly Texans are gonna open up a can on em. Cuero has been playing too many close games, they have lost their touch.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2004, 12:31 PM
they been playing close games but im sure they can turn it up a notch when they know they have too. Lets hope for a close game if we play them dont think either team will win by more 10 points if its against cuero.

GOFOR2
11-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Sinton, congratulations on another big win! :) Too bad there is no possibility that Jasper and Sinton could meet this year. :(

Lucky you!

GOFOR2
11-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by CS_WILDCATS
Franco can just cut and accelerate on a dime. - just amazing

Isnt he something?

gobblerfan02
11-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Stretch04
Chances are Cuero won't have to worry about Sinton because those Wimberly Texans are gonna open up a can on em. Cuero has been playing too many close games, they have lost their touch.

Dude, who told you that little white lie?:hand:

99IHSMustang
11-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey Guys I just want to congratulate the Sinton pirates on their win last night. Since Ingleside is now out of the playoffs I will be rooten for you guys to take it all the way. If you need any cowbell from myself or IHStang just give us a holla.

sinton66
11-20-2004, 02:20 PM
We'll take all the cowbell you guys can muster. Thanks for your support.;)

j_dog
11-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Lucky you!
Thank you for your graciousness! :)

sinton66
11-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Maybe we'll get to go Div 2 one day, then who knows?

PhiI C
11-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Maybe we'll get to go Div 2 one day, then who knows?

66 I don't know if it will happen in two years or not. I do know that two years ago we had 617 students and Ingleside had 546 (I think). Last year the count was us still at 617 and Ingleside at 609 so Ingleside really gained on us in two years. Of course if the base closes they are bound to lose students so we will have to see. Also our seniors of last year was an exceptionally large class and they are graduated so unless we have another one coming it will be interesting to see what happens next year at the count.

big daddy russ
11-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to be in Castroville this week for Thanksgiving, so I'm going to try to make it to the game.

I'll bring my Cowbell.

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-20-2004, 07:31 PM
I will consider buying a cowbell and giving it to somebody on 3ADL :)

OldSkool1
11-20-2004, 08:17 PM
I knew the game was gonna end like this...like i said all week ...

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-20-2004, 08:33 PM
I thought we had a chance, but the Hawk offense couldn't get started all night.

Orlando Martinez, in my opinion, played the worst game of the season last night. He was getting far more time than he did against La Feria or San Diego (Our O-line brought it out last night) but he couldn't get anything started and he seemed to be playing scared.

PhiI C
11-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Hey Hawk maybe it was due to the wet conditions though. Even thought it didn't rain last night it had rained before the game and the field was wet and muddy. It is very hard to throw a wet ball and catch it. Also a wet field makes it hard on your receivers to run their routes too.

sinton66
11-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Well, if yall remember, #11 for Sinton rang Martinez' bell early. That'll get anybody's attention.

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-20-2004, 09:12 PM
True. I think Lando got freaked out or something.
Oh well, there's always next year. When the Senior Class of "06" is led by the Juicer, Hugo Sanchez.