PDA

View Full Version : Quinlan Ford is Looking Good

PPHSfan
10-08-2002, 10:14 PM
Lots of folks have said over and over that Quinlan has played five doormats, always finds a way to fall apart at the end of the season etc..etc..But thru the first 5 games they have the number one offense in 3A with 239 points scored (thats more than Celina) and the nuber six defense allowing only 39 points. I say they may just be for real this year, it's gonna be fun to see how deep they go. eek!

eye of the tiger
10-08-2002, 10:31 PM
Quinlan is looking good so far. I wish them well until week 9.

russ31
10-09-2002, 01:18 AM
They do look good so far. They'll walk through district games also except for Bonham, North Lamar, and Commerce. Kemp (whom they beat 63-0) hasn't scored a single point all season. Combined record of the teams they've played is 9-17. Of those nine wins, opponents record was 13-32. All in all a sorry lot. But they've been piling up the stats. They're probably closer to being for real than being pretenders at this point.

Matthew328
10-09-2002, 08:09 AM
It'll be between Quinlan and Bonhamn for the last spot in that district again..Quinlan's reputation of foldig late seems to be a pretty accurate one...they have always been one of the larger 3A schools and yet seem to struggle...this is their best team though..Eiland is a good running back..they won't be tested until Oct 18 when they face Paris N Lamar...

nigelmer
10-09-2002, 09:27 AM
Quinlan has done what good teams do....beat bad teams BAD!! I saw them last year and knew that with as many skill kids as they had being sophomores, they would be a force to be reckoned with. I won't say they're Commerce caliber just yet, but I wouldn't count them out against the rest of the district just yet either.

russ31
10-09-2002, 10:18 AM
I don't think anyones counting them out at all. In fact, they have me scared because they look legit and North Lamar should beat them, but we have a tendency to screw things up/get screwed come playoff time. My sophomore year we went 7-3 on field and were headed to playoffs for the first time since 1979 when our cross-town rivals called to let us know that we were playing an ineligible player (who had moved from their district) and that they were going to report us. Turns out this kid (who only played some special teams, and only scored one 2 pt conversion on an end around) and his aunt had fudged documents saying that she was his legal guardian. We seem snake-bit and it has me worried because there is no reason why we shouldn't go to the playoffs, but it still could happen with a few bad breaks.

Old Cardinal
10-09-2002, 11:49 AM
Q. Ford, Has a strong Junior Class, if they continue to come around, they could take anyone in their District......Can some one tell me if a younger man name Coach Barnes, that once was at Bridge City, is at Q. Ford this year?