PDA

View Full Version : Bellville/Marlin Score

coiled2strike
11-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Does anyone have a connection to the game that is going to post play by play...or at least the score and maybe a few highlights...
i'm sure the "red mustache" has his laptop...

CheerMom
11-19-2004, 08:50 PM
I see you didn't make the game, either. I hope someone can get us a score.

CHS_CG
11-19-2004, 09:08 PM
The Bellville station 107.3 is carrying the game. If you can pick it up. Just heard, its 14-0 Marlin at the end of the first

CHS_CG
11-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Second quarter 14-3 Marlin

CheerMom
11-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks, keep us posted!! C'mon Bellville!!!

CHS_CG
11-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Halftime 16-3 Marlin

Raider Nurse
11-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Let's go Bellville!!!!

rhs78
11-19-2004, 10:03 PM
lets go brahmas lets get it going for d-20

big daddy russ
11-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Just talked to cunbed10... said that the game could still go either way and that Marlin hadn't really got that momentum just yet. Both crowds are kinda flat. Sounds like the second half may be awesome.

CHS_CG
11-19-2004, 10:38 PM
30 to 3 marlin 3rd quarter

rhs78
11-19-2004, 10:41 PM
sounds like marlin got it going big time in the third qtr. good luck bulldogs.

HornetMom
11-19-2004, 11:28 PM
Final 30 - 9 Marlin

rhs78
11-19-2004, 11:37 PM
congrats marlin on a big win. good luck next week vs K'ville, great season Bellville you represended D-20 very well, i look forward to seeing ya'll play next year.

Bulldog_12
11-19-2004, 11:56 PM
I was there until halftime and it just looked like Bellville had a few things going for them, but just couldn't seem to put all of it together. Great job to both teams. I left that game and went over to Kyle Field and watched Ozen play against Marshall. It was a good game until Ozen really started making some serious mental mistakes. Oh well. Congrats to all the teams tonight.

j_dog
11-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Congratulations Marlin on the victory! :)

SintonFan
11-20-2004, 12:00 AM
Congratulations Marlin on the win. Many wouldn't think you could go this far...:cool:
Sorry about the loss Brahmas. I hope your young team comes back with a vengeance...:)

Bull's-eye
11-20-2004, 03:09 AM
Congratulations Marlin!! Great game by Tank Smith and the Marlin team. Tank rushed for 162 yards and 3 TD's. Bellville was led by Josh Bryant's 136 yards rushing with 1 TD. Marlin was clearly the better team tonight, and what chance Bellville had to make this another Bellville-Marlin classic game, the refs stole that away. This was a very poor officiating crew. They had trouble spotting the football. They moved the ball closer to the chains when they needed a measurement, usually missing the spot by 12-18 inches. On one pass play, Bellville's receiver was pulled to the ground by a Marlin defender. It was clearly pass interference, but no flag was thrown. I noticed alot of Marlin lineman grabbing and holding Bellville's jerseys, but no penalties called. A phantom flag on a long run by Bellville's Bryant cost Bellville a possible TD. They even called off-setting penalties on a punt return, but marked off 10 yards against Marlin. I'm still scratching my head on that one. Marlin's flag was only for 5 yards, but Bellville's was 15 yards.:thinking: As I said before, Marlin was clearly the better team. I don't want to take anything away from their victory, but as a fan, I felt cheated out of watching these 2 teams play another great game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Great post Bulls-Eye, me and everyone else in the stands feel the same way, what ever little chance Bellville had to make this a good ball game was taken away by the officiatin crew, to put it into words, the refs sucked in this one. Marlin was the better team, but when you have to play them and the refs, you will never get a win! Great season Bellville, to bad it had to end losing to Marlin and the REFS!

BrahmaMom
11-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Congratulations to Marlin on the victory. Too bad about the officiating, but I doubt we could have overcome the calls unless momentum would have helped. To my beloved Brahmas, I am so very proud of you. Jabow, sorry about that TD, but your last high school game was one of your best, if NOT your best, congratulations, Sweetie. To all the seniors, you did what "they" said couldn't be done in making the play-offs. You are champions and have learned valuable life lessons. You've made your moms (and dads) and town proud and have kept the Brahma tradition alive for another year. Best of luck as you finish out your senior year, you can do it with heads held high. To the returning Brahmas, take the week off and start preparing for next year. You have a lot to live up to, it takes the whole year. Love, BrahmaMom PS Good luck to Marlin as you continue on in the play-offs. Best wishes for a safe, injury-free run.

Bellville22
11-20-2004, 01:17 PM
What a joy it's been watching this young Bellville team turn a season around. Congrats to to the coaching staff for a wonderful job transforming this team into a district champ, and congrats to the boys for refusing to listen to people like 'Bellville22' say this would be a down year. You proved so many wrong, and we as fans are extremely proud of you. Last night you simply ran into a tremendous Marlin team.

While Bellville did everything they could to stay in it, and while the score remained reletively close for much of the game, this game was never really in doubt. Marlin set the tone on their first two drives, as they marched right down the field to jump out to a 14 point lead. Tank had a tremendous game on both sides of the ball. What a player this young man is, he was everywhere. Jeremy Sanders certainly didn't have his best performance, but showed flashes of what a brilliant player he is... and he's coming back next year! He's the kind of player who can single handedly make them a contender, he's that kind of athlete.

Before I get to Bellville, let me get two things out...

Very seldom (practically never) do I let officiating crews get to me. And let me begin by saying that in absolutely no way did it have any effect on the outcome of the game. Marlin was clearly a much better team, and they were going to advance. But the crew last night was awful. It wasn't all in Marlin's favor, they were bad both ways. They used poor technique spotting the ball, poor judgement, and botched a couple of penalties on a punt play like nothing I've ever seen. If anyone from that chapter reads this, this game certainly needs to be reviewed, and these officials need to be evaluated.

Next....

Now I'm certainly not a coach at Marlin, nor do I follow Marlin as a fan, but Jeremy Sanders and Tank Smith played the ENTIRE game, down to the last snap. Do they not have a backup QB or RB? Not to say that they were trying to "run it up", these two teams respect each other too much to pull something like that. But Bellville had conceded the game, as they put in the majority of their second team defense, yet Marlin continued to run their first O. If Sanders or Tank goes down, that puts a serious damper in Marlin's chances of getting where they want to be.

OK, I'm done.

For the Bellville Brahmas: Thank you for showing the heart of a champion. I've been hard on this team all year, but you rose to the challenge, and proved most wrong by bringing home yet another District Championship. You never gave up, and thank you for playing with Brahma Pride all year.

Manny: It's been a pleasure watching one of the most electric 3A football players in the state. Thanks for making us say "Wow!". Best of luck to you as you continue your football career.
Jabow: The same to you, what a pleasure it's been. You were a leader, and a tremendous competitor, best of luck to you as well.

To the seniors: Best of luck to each and every one of you in the future. Never forget your time under the Friday Night Lights.

To the underclassmen: I think you realize what kind of group you will have for the next few years. Work hard and live up to the hype. This Bellville program has a chance to do incredible things in the near future.

And Justin: You're the last of us at Bellville. Enjoy every moment of it, and work hard to do great things next year. I'm proud of you, prepare to step up and be a leader for a very talented team next year.

Go Bulls!!!

faithfuldog
11-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Hats off to Bellville for a good run this year... the team played with a lot of heart and will always have the Dog's respect.

Stay focused and mentally tough Bulldogs. Play each down like it's your last.

NHSRattler60
11-20-2004, 11:07 PM
That a way to step up and show everyone your not as enexperienced as they said you were.