PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the Burnet Bulldogs 46-28

Old Cardinal
12-07-2002, 06:14 PM
May I be the first to eat some CROW. I have watched a lot of football in my day and never would I have thought that someone would break the back of the Jasper defense to the tune of 46 points. Your passing game was just spectacular! I am still finding it hard to believe that one team could score that much on such a good team as Jasper....To the Jasper Bulldogs, you had a great run this year and made it to the 4th round, you have nothing to be ashamed of, will see you next year on the gridiron.

<small>[ December 07, 2002, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2002, 06:51 PM
I wonder how good sinton's D was to hold them down they were only successful to the tightend and the receivers had a hard time getting open. someone had the nerve to post how sinton could be rank so high, well now u see how good of a team it took to take them out!

good Game burnet, and jasper didnt give up they just fell to far behind.

jchsrs03
12-07-2002, 10:40 PM
Old Cardinal:
May I be the first to eat some CROW. I have watched a lot of football in my day and never would I have thought that someone would break the back of the Jasper defense to the tune of 46 points. Your passing game was just spectacular! I am still finding it hard to believe that one team could score that much on such a good team as Jasper....To the Jasper Bulldogs, you had a great run this year and made it to the 4th round, you have nothing to be ashamed of, will see you next year on the gridiron.Jasper's football players had no respect!

jchsrs03
12-07-2002, 10:42 PM
Old Cardinal:
May I be the first to eat some CROW. I have watched a lot of football in my day and never would I have thought that someone would break the back of the Jasper defense to the tune of 46 points. Your passing game was just spectacular! I am still finding it hard to believe that one team could score that much on such a good team as Jasper....To the Jasper Bulldogs, you had a great run this year and made it to the 4th round, you have nothing to be ashamed of, will see you next year on the gridiron.Jasper's football players had no respect!

jchsrs03
12-07-2002, 10:47 PM
Old Cardinal:
May I be the first to eat some CROW. I have watched a lot of football in my day and never would I have thought that someone would break the back of the Jasper defense to the tune of 46 points. Your passing game was just spectacular! I am still finding it hard to believe that one team could score that much on such a good team as Jasper....To the Jasper Bulldogs, you had a great run this year and made it to the 4th round, you have nothing to be ashamed of, will see you next year on the gridiron.Jasper's football players had no respect-except for #78!

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-08-2002, 01:24 AM
Old Card you ordered the crow last week and I cannot pass up the opportunity to feed you some. I will not deny the fact that you watch football and perhaps alot. However I doubt that you have ever seen Sinton play and if you have and still think that JASPER had the best d-fense in the state you obviously need your eyes checked. There are many teams that have great defenses but I will say this that there is not one in Texas that can shutout the Burnet O. They can be slowed up as proved by Sinton but shutout I have never seen a defense in high school that could keep them from scoring. Yes I am from Burnet and very proud of our team as should every fan of their team, but I too have seen much football this year and 20 before and these guys just hit you from all angles. They have a few stars but unlike many teams we have played that have had some great athletes they play as one unit. Good luck Dawgs.

mojjo_1
12-08-2002, 04:09 AM
Burnet flat outplayed Jasper. I didn't expect this kind of game. Jasper had a great season. If Burnet can win next week, I think coach Shipley should be coach of the year. They had a great game plan and the players to carry it out. The Burnet coaches had a very good day. I think you coached a great game and had a lot of talented players. good luck.

purple thunder # 1 fan
12-08-2002, 08:32 AM
BURNET......14-0. GREAT JOB,JUST ONE MORE.ALOT OF L.H./BURNET FANS WILL SEE YOU NEXT WEEK.

Jason1725
12-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Anyone know where and when this game will be? I might have to paint all my Jasper stuff green and come watch you guys take it to Everman.

29x281
12-08-2002, 09:05 AM
I knew from watching film that Jasper was a great team, but I also knew that they hadn't played anyone yet in the playoffs who could answer them athlete for athlete like Burnet would be able to do.

Burnet's OL goes 275, 260, 200, 240, 270 across the front, and the 2 tackles will probably end up with Division 1 scholarships (Parker is a G-Tech commit). That's where it started. Joseph and company put very little pressure on McGee. He was patient and willing to spread the ball around. I felt a little sorry for the Jasper DBs, who I thought were good athletes that were not given the best chance to be successful by the Jasper coaching staff. I don't know what their plan was for Burnet (or if they had a plan that went beyond simply fielding great athletes), but it didn't work.

Maybe the Jasper coaches thought that if they all stood 10 yards out on the field for the whole game that they could have more influence on events. Or maybe that was their way of making up for the fact that they had no meaningful advice for their kids. Why they were never flagged for being on the field I have no clue.

And the Jasper poster who said they wouldn't double team Shipley was correct. In fact, on a couple plays they didn't even single cover him. So he had 200 yds and 2 TDs in the 1st half. Great strategy.

Jorrie Adams was a great player and a nice kid. I hope he does well. And the Jasper team played hard. But I thought the Jasper coaches were thoroughly dominated yesterday in all phases of the game by the Burnet crew.

jchsrs03
12-08-2002, 10:30 AM
29x281:
I knew from watching film that Jasper was a great team, but I also knew that they hadn't played anyone yet in the playoffs who could answer them athlete for athlete like Burnet would be able to do.

Burnet's OL goes 275, 260, 200, 240, 270 across the front, and the 2 tackles will probably end up with Division 1 scholarships (Parker is a G-Tech commit). That's where it started. Joseph and company put very little pressure on McGee. He was patient and willing to spread the ball around. I felt a little sorry for the Jasper DBs, who I thought were good athletes that were not given the best chance to be successful by the Jasper coaching staff. I don't know what their plan was for Burnet (or if they had a plan that went beyond simply fielding great athletes), but it didn't work.

Maybe the Jasper coaches thought that if they all stood 10 yards out on the field for the whole game that they could have more influence on events. Or maybe that was their way of making up for the fact that they had no meaningful advice for their kids. Why they were never flagged for being on the field I have no clue.

And the Jasper poster who said they wouldn't double team Shipley was correct. In fact, on a couple plays they didn't even single cover him. So he had 200 yds and 2 TDs in the 1st half. Great strategy.

Jorrie Adams was a great player and a nice kid. I hope he does well. And the Jasper team played hard. But I thought the Jasper coaches were thoroughly dominated yesterday in all phases of the game by the Burnet crew.You're telling me that I'm on the internet to much?

Sinton_Playa 70
12-08-2002, 10:45 AM
Congrats Burnet on a job well done...you guys blow my mind...i thought that this was gonna be a close game like it was against us, but you proved me wrong...GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY FOR THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...play with heart, determination, discipline and leadership they way you have played all year...it will pay off
Once again good luck!!

Lead, follow, or get out of they way!!

Sinton_Playa 70
12-08-2002, 10:47 AM
Congrats Burnet on a job well done...you guys blow my mind...i thought that this was gonna be a close game like it was against us, but you proved me wrong...GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY FOR THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...play with heart, determination, discipline and leadership they way you have played all year...it will pay off
Once again good luck!!

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

toby070
12-09-2002, 09:49 AM
Old Card, I'm NOT going to say I told you so :D I'll just say now you know where I've been coming from all year! I'm a Wimberley fan, but I saw in this team potential for something special this year. Keep in mind they were a WISHBONE team until last year when Shipley came in...to make the transition from one offense end of the spectrum to the other so quickly and successfully amazes me.

sinton66
12-09-2002, 10:06 AM
Okay guys, I'm gonna stick up for Old Cardinal here. Yes he made some bold statements and asked some controversially pointed questions last week, but he WAS the first to come back on here and take his lumps. He didn't tuck his tail and disappear. I have to give him credit for that. All of us from time to time will get wrapped up in what we're doing, and fail to see the big picture because we are concentrating on what is before us. Same is true in football. You just don't know what another team has or how they will do against you until you see them against good teams. It's easy to get carried away with our enthusiasm. Jasper found out the hard way that dropping down from 4A doesn't make a 3A title automatic. Honestly, there isn't a whole lot of difference between 3A div.1 and 4A div.2. Not at the the TOP of the pile anyway. Old Cardinal, I'm proud to see you step up and take your lumps, it shows you are of good character.

St. Ivender
12-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Congrats to Burnet (durn it)!!!
I was pretty sure Burnet would score often but I didn't think they would CRUSH Jasper like they did. Old Card has always had my respect and has even more now. It's Burnet"s turn now. Go Bulldogs!!

BU97
12-09-2002, 10:37 AM
With the exception of the Sinton game, I have seen all of Burnet's playoff games and I must say that I was not really surprised by what I saw Sat. The coaches on our staff were talking about the game earlier in the week and takled about how Jasper might not be able to keep up with Burnet. The reason that we thought this was because Burnet does not make many mistakes! We (Wharton) did not play very well against Burnet (and it showed) but the thing that impressed me the most about Burnet was their lack of mental mistakes. To me, that was more impressive than the running or passing game. Also, I believe that the defense has gotten better week by week. Also, I have an unbelievable amount of respect for Jordan Shipley. I knew Saturday that he'd be back in the game if he was needed despite the fact that he had to be carried off the field. Congrats Bulldogs and as I said after the game in Round Rock, GO WIN IT ALL!!

Diller
12-09-2002, 11:20 AM
Well said 29x281,

I agree with you on that one. The Burnet coaching staff completely outcoached the Jasper staff in all phases of the game. Jasper is one of the most athletic teams in the state regardless of class, and have some of the best players in the state, but Burnet completely whupped em. If they would have wanted to I believe they could have scored 70 and Jasper couldnt have done nothing about it. As well as Burnet played I dont think that Jasper could have stopped them with 14 defensive players on the field. It amazed me all night how poor Jasper was lined up and how easy it was for Burnet to exploit them. I dont believe the Jasper coaches gave their kids a chance. I will say that the McGee to Shipley combination is possibly the best I have ever seen, and they have 1 more yr...wow.

spiveyrat
12-09-2002, 12:59 PM
(bellying up to the bar)

What's today's special??? Crow? Ok I'll have one special to go, please. Ugh! It's bitter!

LogieJoeBean001
12-09-2002, 02:03 PM
I would also like to extend my congratulations to the Burnet Bulldogs! You guys are a class act all the way around. I've never quite seen a high school team play with such heart and oneness in a long time. I'm sure if ya'll continue to play just the way you have been, you'll soon be wearing the title of "State Champs". It was an honor to have played against such a team as yours, from a Wharton fan. Being beaten by ya'll doesn't hurt quite so much when we can say that we were beaten by the best 3a team in the state, the "2002 State Champs"! Wishing your team all the success you deserve. Your coaches must be something that most teams dream of! wink

<small>[ December 09, 2002, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

Old Dog
12-09-2002, 03:03 PM
We in Burnet are VERY fortunate to have Coach Shipley (and staff). Some may not know that he coached quite a while at the collegiate level, but wanted to return home to raise his family. All the parts lined up when he arrived to coach a great bunch of kids trained under Ed Abernathys smash mouth style football (and of course he brought his son Jordan....oh yes). When his discipline, knowledge and vision were added to the mix it was something to behold.

Old Cardinal
12-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Best of luck Burnet in the Title game this weekend!

Chris Hart
12-10-2002, 12:17 AM
Thanks Old Card, we know we have our work cut out for us.

spaniard
12-10-2002, 01:00 AM
old card, i would like to take this opportunity to say that i appreciate your attitude to come and take it on the nose like that. i would like to say that i would be the same way, but i dont think i could. thank you for your support, and sorry about butting heads earlier this season.

snowsnake
12-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Congratulations to the Burnet Bulldogs. You have a great team. In all honesty no matter how good Shipley was (incredible) and no matter how good your quarterback was (very good), it was your offensive line that won the ballgame for you. Jasper had averaged double digit sacks in all previous playoff games and we just couldn't get to your man. My hat is off to this exceptional group of young men. Being from a background where I played offensive and defensive line for 17 years I recognize quality and well coached atheletes. Please give them their due and pat them on the back for me. If it hadn't been for them this might have been a different ballgame. And good luck against Everman. GO DAWGS!!!