PDA

View Full Version : Footballgal & Eye of the Tiger need help!

Big Tarp 74
09-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Footballgal and Eye Of The Tiger, I have had some serious conserns as of late, regarding the Port Isable, and Los Fresnos game. To us it just another pre-season game, but to the player between both schools, it has become personal. I have seen were footballgal, has been trying to warn them, it only a game, and to focuse on Rio Hondo which will count. I am in full agreement. Some remarks were made to some of the players regarding our late coach. Some players have take it personal. I spoke to my son, and explained to him, that Coach V would have wanted both teams to play each other in good sportmanship, and the best team win. I do not think coach v would have wanted this game to get out of hand, or become personal. Both teams rather they know it or not could hurt each other, this would not help either team, and could cost them there own district. Coach V was a man of god, he loved coaching kids, this is something he enjoyed. He would always worrie about this game, since the kids take this game to another level. he always wanted both teams to reach the playoffs, this was important to him, I just hope the kids see it the same way. I have been on many other sites and just get upset reading all the garbage. Could both of you leave posting encourging the players to play the game, but not to place importance on it. Maybe you guys can find a better way to word it to them than i have been able to. There are many fan worried, this game could get ruff. I have seen the worrie in my wife face regarding this game. She told me the other night that she is realy scared. Please help me!

TarponR13K
09-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Big Tarp 74:
Footballgal and Eye Of The Tiger, I have had some serious conserns as of late, regarding the Port Isable, and Los Fresnos game. To us it just another pre-season game, but to the player between both schools, it has become personal. I have seen were footballgal, has been trying to warn them, it only a game, and to focuse on Rio Hondo which will count. I am in full agreement. Some remarks were made to some of the players regarding our late coach. Some players have take it personal. I spoke to my son, and explained to him, that Coach V would have wanted both teams to play each other in good sportmanship, and the best team win. I do not think coach v would have wanted this game to get out of hand, or become personal. Both teams rather they know it or not could hurt each other, this would not help either team, and could cost them there own district. Coach V was a man of god, he loved coaching kids, this is something he enjoyed. He would always worrie about this game, since the kids take this game to another level. he always wanted both teams to reach the playoffs, this was important to him, I just hope the kids see it the same way. I have been on many other sites and just get upset reading all the garbage. Could both of you leave posting encourging the players to play the game, but not to place importance on it. Maybe you guys can find a better way to word it to them than i have been able to. There are many fan worried, this game could get ruff. I have seen the worrie in my wife face regarding this game. She told me the other night that she is realy scared. Please help me!
talk to a coach about it. i have a feeling a lot of the coaches may have a different idea of what this game is about that they tell the players just to pump them up. Take it up with the coaches because they are the ones to coach the kids how to play the game.

Wunderkindepiphany
09-18-2002, 08:40 PM
I would tell you just to advise your son not to take the game for more than its worth. Im sure all will be fine, hopefully both teams have an injury free game filled with excitement. All the rest of the trash-talking is just that, hype. This game has been going on for years now, you know that, it always gets ugly. But, when the players take the field, it's all put aside and the GAME is played. And all the bad blood is left right there, on the field.

eye of the tiger
09-19-2002, 07:48 AM
BigTarp I think you said it well and doubt I could improve on what you said. When I was in high school I lived for Friday nights like the players today. When we played our main rival the entire week before the game was brutal. Lots of pranks and words. It was bitter. However on the playing field we played hard but clean and had respect for each others abilities. Both teams walked off the field with our heads held high. Playing to hurt is not what the game is all about. I know when you play a big rival that emotions play a big part. But the team that keeps their cool and executes their plays will leave the game a better team. They will be ready for district play which is much more important that pre district games.
If the game gets out of hand there will be injuries and maybe even some players kicked out of the game. I believe UIL rules state if you are ejected from a game you have to sit out at least the next game also. And of course if you are injured you may not play again. Too big a price to pay because you let the other team get under your skin.
Keep your cool guys. This is just one game, an important game, but still just one game. District play starts soon and that is where the whole team needs to be ready and healthy in both body and mind.Play hard but remember to always have fun playing the greatest game there is. Good luck Tarps

TarponR13K
09-19-2002, 04:44 PM
i know this is nearly off the topic BUT does anyone know if the cheerleaders, band and drill team are still going to be able to do their thing where to go to the other sides and introduce certain members? I hear that people will not be able to switch sides meaning that i have to tell all of my family from PI and LF to decide which side they will sit on. sorry!! i just want a quick answer.

Wunderkindepiphany
09-19-2002, 09:37 PM
MAN, they've really gotten strict with the whole rivalry thing. Since I've been going to this game for the last 5 years, I have never been restricted to one side of the stadium. I'm thinking that this game may have to be played at only LF's stadium in the future though with the turnout were looking at receiving this year and for the years to come. Im gonna try and get there early tomorrow to buy tickets before they sell out, I dont have an Athletic pass to use anymore since I switched schools. Hope to God tickets dont run out....GO LF! Let the Tarpons hit the floor!

Kool Tarpon 21
09-19-2002, 10:07 PM
Well, I don't want to play out of hand, but if I have to, I will. I have heard all the things Los Fresnos have said. They think we are just another team the can beat. I say, let them think that. Tomorrow I will play my heart out until I can't go anymore. I am not going to let the Falcons intimidate me. I will do anything possible to try and beat those dumb birds. I want to beat them so bad. They better not start their trash talking on the field. I won't put up to anything they say. I am already upset enough for all their trash talking. Anyways, I hope you all can make it there. It's going to be an exciting game. See you all tomorrow. GO BIG BLUE!!!

sinton66
09-19-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21:
Well, I don't want to play out of hand, but if I have to, I will. I have heard all the things Los Fresnos have said. They think we are just another team the can beat. I say, let them think that. Tomorrow I will play my heart out until I can't go anymore. I am not going to let the Falcons intimidate me. I will do anything possible to try and beat those dumb birds. I want to beat them so bad. They better not start their trash talking on the field. I won't put up to anything they say. I am already upset enough for all their trash talking. Anyways, I hope you all can make it there. It's going to be an exciting game. See you all tomorrow. GO BIG BLUE!!!

KoolTarpon, you do know that's WHY they trash talk, don't you? The whole purpose is to get you so mad you can't think straight. If you can't think straight, you won't play well. Led it slide little brother, like water off a duck's back! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif Do your talking on the field. Good luck to you and the Tarpons!

footballgal
09-20-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Wunderkindepiphany:
MAN, they've really gotten strict with the whole rivalry thing. Since I've been going to this game for the last 5 years, I have never been restricted to one side of the stadium. I'm thinking that this game may have to be played at only LF's stadium in the future though with the turnout were looking at receiving this year and for the years to come. Im gonna try and get there early tomorrow to buy tickets before they sell out, I dont have an Athletic pass to use anymore since I switched schools. Hope to God tickets dont run out....GO LF! Let the Tarpons hit the floor!

You see there you go again.... http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

footballgal
09-20-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by sinton66:
KoolTarpon, you do know that's WHY they trash talk, don't you? The whole purpose is to get you so mad you can't think straight. If you can't think straight, you won't play well. Led it slide little brother, like water off a duck's back! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif Do your talking on the field. Good luck to you and the Tarpons!

Ditto Kool Tarpon, let it slide, let them think what they want, but you play the best you can, that's all that matters.

TarponRl3k
09-22-2002, 03:00 PM
lol at "dumb birds" Good one, Missile, that put a smile on my face.
Guys, wunder is not obsessed with PI, ok?? get over it!