PDA

View Full Version : How about an All West Texas Thread?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-18-2004, 04:56 PM
I would like to know who everyone out here in the West thinks should be All State or lets say All West Texas (Same thing :) )

Two Qb's that have impressed me the most have been Jeremy Thompson of Sweetwater and Justin Swenson from IP.

Bullaholic
11-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Colin Jones, Jr RB, for the Bulls. If he doesn't make all-state this year, for sure next.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-18-2004, 05:03 PM
I sure would like to see him play. Lots of posters giving him props. I saw Bowie's Major Henderson play twice and although he was a great runner he didn't look as fast as some other backs I have seen this year (Graham's #12 was all out quick, but not big like Henderson)

Bullaholic
11-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I sure would like to see him play. Lots of posters giving him props. I saw Bowie's Major Henderson play twice and although he was a great runner he didn't look as fast as some other backs I have seen this year (Graham's #12 was all out quick, but not big like Henderson)

Don't want to wear it out....but there have been very few Bulls games this year that Colin hasn't scored a TD of at least 40+ yards, and several with multiple 50+ yard TD's.

GreenMonster
11-18-2004, 08:03 PM
I don't really have the ability to make a legitimate post here. I could go homer but I haven't seen enough West TX 3A schools to be unbiased. I'll stay safe and pick the Vernon kicker. That kid has got some watermelon sized huevos if ya know what I'm talkin about.

Ranger05
11-18-2004, 08:05 PM
jarrel brooks safety from greenwood

fball_gal310
11-19-2004, 01:11 AM
Jeremy Hill-Seminole
Wayne Jefferson-Ft. Stockton
Booker Fobbs-Pecos
Jarrel Brooks-Greenwood is a good one too...

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Who from Sweetwater, Wylie, Perryton, Canyon, Muleshoe, and any other West Texas area should be on the All West Texas team?

pero chato
12-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Who from Sweetwater, Wylie, Perryton, Canyon, Muleshoe, and any other West Texas area should be on the All West Texas team?

I'll list a few from Wylie:

Tyler Crump OL and DL
Jared Robertson NG
Levi Wolfe OL and DL
Case Keenum QB
Mike Kiger RB and OLB
Josh Poorman WR and FS

Some of these guys don't have the big stats, but I think their leadership, decision making, and big plays at the right time should be considered. Just my $.02.

Da Mules
12-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Muleshoe candidates would be Juan Nunez at LB and Brady Black at FB. Kindle did a very fine job at punter. For the next 2 years, Brant Hamilton is gonna be a super act at QB.

westTXbest
12-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Jordan Puga the other Saftey from Greenwood.

westTXbest
12-17-2004, 08:07 PM
I think the line for west texas is abilene, I dont know about Graham or IP.

football4life
12-17-2004, 08:57 PM
from canyon- QB matt lovorn, along with a couple recievers. lovorn tallied close to 40 TDs and 12 int's, five of which came in the last game against wylie. he was snubbed from everything else, the west tx team would work. :clap:

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-21-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm working on the All-West Texas team for texasprepxtra and still have a lot of holes. The coaches have submitted nominations but many coaches didn't reply to the email requesting nominations. So if you know of any deserving player, especially if they haven't received their fair due please post their name, position and stats if you know them.

Thanks~

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by westTXbest
I think the line for west texas is abilene, I dont know about Graham or IP.

Graham and IP and all the way to Wichita Falls are considered West Texas. So is El Paso for that matter. I know we have some good players from Canadian but I have no nominations. Also none from the Little Southwest Conference! If you have seen a great player from Region I post their name and position and school and I can look up the stats. This list is open to all classifications. Of course I have seen more 3A players this year than any other so of course there will be more of them to receive the honor.

Thanks~

vet93
12-21-2004, 04:57 PM
z-motion...how about:

Colt McCoy qb from Jim Ned
Also there is a reciever with some good stats from Jim Ned.
The running back from Canadian has some good stats and is going to OU on scholarship.
The quarterback and running back for Abilene High were pretty salty. They also had some real good defensive stoppers. Sorry I don't have any names.

Graham and IP and all the way to Wichita Falls are considered West Texas. So is El Paso for that matter. I know we have some good players from Canadian but I have no nominations. Also none from the Little Southwest Conference! If you have seen a great player from Region I post their name and position and school and I can look up the stats. This list is open to all classifications. Of course I have seen more 3A players this year than any other so of course there will be more of them to receive the honor.

Thanks~

VWG
12-21-2004, 06:56 PM
In all classes... gotta put David Nelson and Blake Szymanski in from WF Rider.
Yeah, that running back from Canadian was a stud this year. He was a load at over 6' and 230.

injuredinmelee
12-21-2004, 09:54 PM
heres soem of the kids i saw this year that i think deserve some recognition:

offense:
QB Case Keenum Wylie Colt McCoy JimNed Taylor Potts Abilene high, Dane Decatur

RB Kobey Lewis Abilene High, Swenson Iowa Park ( i know hes a qb) Dee Walker Snyder

WR Lyle Leong Abilene High Josh Poorman Wylie Ryan Chrsitian Decatur

Center. Levi Wolfe. Raw talent strong as a bull Wylie
Guard Tyler Crump

Defense:
DL Jared Robertson Wylie. This kid is a stud.
CB Jared Scott Wylie.

Adidas410s
12-21-2004, 10:45 PM
any list that does not include Jared Robertson is ridiculous. I am not going to be a homer and most of the time Wylie players dont have the great stats...but I would sure love to see some on him! I believe he has somewhere between 8-10 forced fumbles at the end of the regular season and the majority of his tackles were in the backfield. This is one of the few kids to come out of Wylie who has the potential to be a Div 1 player...probably at LB more than D-Line...but add get 15 lbs on him this summer and another 25-30 in a D1 weight program and a 6'0 255 lb DE would be pretty nasty...another inch or two wouldn't hurt either!

Macarthur
12-21-2004, 10:47 PM
swenson & duggins OL from Iowa Park and yes, i'm being a homer

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-22-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by vet93
z-motion...how about:

Colt McCoy qb from Jim Ned
Also there is a reciever with some good stats from Jim Ned.
The running back from Canadian has some good stats and is going to OU on scholarship.
The quarterback and running back for Abilene High were pretty salty. They also had some real good defensive stoppers. Sorry I don't have any names.

Vet:
I had Colt and Cam from Jim Ned on the list. Both had great years, I'll have to check the RB's stats from Canadian. Also have Potts from Abilene. Thanks for the info, confirms some of my picks already.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-22-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
heres soem of the kids i saw this year that i think deserve some recognition:

offense:
QB Case Keenum Wylie Colt McCoy JimNed Taylor Potts Abilene high, Dane Decatur

RB Kobey Lewis Abilene High, Swenson Iowa Park ( i know hes a qb) Dee Walker Snyder

WR Lyle Leong Abilene High Josh Poorman Wylie Ryan Chrsitian Decatur

Center. Levi Wolfe. Raw talent strong as a bull Wylie
Guard Tyler Crump

Defense:
DL Jared Robertson Wylie. This kid is a stud.
CB Jared Scott Wylie.

Thanks for the info!

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-22-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
any list that does not include Jared Robertson is ridiculous. I am not going to be a homer and most of the time Wylie players dont have the great stats...but I would sure love to see some on him! I believe he has somewhere between 8-10 forced fumbles at the end of the regular season and the majority of his tackles were in the backfield. This is one of the few kids to come out of Wylie who has the potential to be a Div 1 player...probably at LB more than D-Line...but add get 15 lbs on him this summer and another 25-30 in a D1 weight program and a 6'0 255 lb DE would be pretty nasty...another inch or two wouldn't hurt either!

Can't leave him off then! Thanks for the info.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-22-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
swenson & duggins OL from Iowa Park and yes, i'm being a homer

I saw them both play and no your not being a homer. Both are very good and deserving.

panther power
12-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Wayne Jefferson- qb from Fort Stockton.

Led team in rushing(over 1000 yards.) 2nd in district to brooks from greenwood but jefferson played 1 less game and had 53 less carries but only lost rushing title by less then 150 yards.

Passed for over 1000 yards.

helped bring first district championship to fort stockton since 1978 when his father did the same.

District 3-3A co-MVP

6'2 185, with speed to burn
This guy should make the all west texas team for sure!
This guy should make the all-permian basin team for sure!

thumptbh
12-22-2004, 12:12 PM
the amarillo globe news panhandle super team will be coming out in the next few days. you might look at that and get an idea of the top players from the panhandle

lobo12
12-22-2004, 12:28 PM
the odessa americans all permian basin comes out christmas day

Snyder_TigerFan
12-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Another homer, but D'Angelo Davis from Snyder. First team all-state. 55 unassisted tackles, 17 assisted tackles and 13 stops for a loss. He also recorded seven sacks, forced four fumbles, recovered another fumble and blocked a kick.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-22-2004, 06:18 PM
I just finished up the TexasPrepXtra All West Texas Team. My editor may make some changes and may not. I'm not sure when they will release it, but 3A is represented well. I will let out that Jim Ned Qb Colt McCoy is the MVP.

204 completions for 3,806 yards and 47 TD's He threw 10 interceptions and completed 64.5% of his passes. He added 541 more yards on the ground with 7 TD's. Not only that but he led all the nominated punters in yards with 42.2 ave and 7 times he punted inside the 20.

I'm sure that there are some worthy players that will be left off. So many coaches didn't send in the nominations and I had to go by what I had.

When the list is released I will put a link to it. Thanks to all who helped me out with some nominees.