PDA

View Full Version : I thought A&M/UT bashing was banned...

JasperDog94
11-18-2004, 11:21 AM
...but I see AggieJohn (formally known as explayer) has been allowed to keep his avatar. What's the deal?

coiled2strike
11-18-2004, 11:25 AM
you should pm a moderator

onfirebball05mustang
11-18-2004, 11:33 AM
i guess it's because several other members have A&M/UT related sigs too...just a mess if you ask me!

coiled2strike
11-18-2004, 11:35 AM
having a ut/am related sig isn't what he's referring to i don't think...i believe it is the bashing part of the picture that's the prob

3afan
11-18-2004, 11:36 AM
nm

jason
11-18-2004, 11:37 AM
i think one of the hand gestures made in the .gif in his sig has some alternate meanings...maybe im the only one that has noticed though....

onfirebball05mustang
11-18-2004, 11:40 AM
:eek: :eek:

if i'm thinking what you're thinking then.....I DONT WANNA KNOW!!!!!:eek: :doh:

JasperDog94
11-18-2004, 11:47 AM
If we have rules, let's enforce them. If they're not enforced, what good are they?

AggieJohn
11-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
:eek: :eek:

if i'm thinking what you're thinking then.....I DONT WANNA KNOW!!!!!:eek: :doh:

http://yell.tamu.edu/yells.html

Aggies
[Hand Sign: Hands flat, with index fingers and thumbs touching to form an "A"]
A-G-G-I-E-S
A-G-G-I-E-S
Aaaaaaaa
Fight 'em, Aggies!

Ranger Mom
11-18-2004, 11:57 AM
You know we can always turn that avatar and signature off where NOBODY can use them.

If my avatar offended anybody on the board, I would take it down.

I am proud to support my Greenwood Rangers, but would NEVER put an anti-opponent avatar up.

I think it is childish, immature and I am SO SICK OF THIS CRAP that I could just puke!!!

:mad: :foul: :flamingma

HornetMom
11-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Heys guys, do you think that you can give it a rest for today. This is the anniversary of a very sad day for A&M, College Station, and the state of Texas. Doesn't matter whether you are an aggie, longhorn, or whatever....have some respect for the 12 that lost their lives and the 27 injured 5 years ago today.

99IHSMustang
11-18-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by HornetMom
Heys guys, do you think that you can give it a rest for today. This is the anniversary of a very sad day for A&M, College Station, and the state of Texas. Doesn't matter whether you are an aggie, longhorn, or whatever....have some respect for the 12 that lost their lives and the 27 injured 5 years ago today.

Amen!

coiled2strike
11-18-2004, 12:01 PM
honestly, i don't think it is about a&m or ut at all...i think it was more directed towards having a negative depiction of another team in the avatar...

AggieJohn
11-18-2004, 12:02 PM
sorry guys...thanks hornet mom for putting stuff back into perspective

Ag04
11-18-2004, 12:03 PM
HornetMom, I couldn't agree with you more. I have not seen anyone post anything negative since the big deal the other night. Now someone who doesn't like the Ags wants to post something to get it all started again.......THIS IS ENOUGH!!!!

And today is a very sad day in Aggieland, so when you feel like posting something to degrade another, why don't you think about what is going on here today and for once why don't everyone on this board come together. That's what we are doing here in College Station, everyone here has put all differences aside for just a day!

Thoughts and prayers with everyone who was involved with Bonfire 1999!

GOFOR2
11-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by jason
i think one of the hand gestures made in the .gif in his sig has some alternate meanings...maybe im the only one that has noticed though....

I noticed that, and thought what the heck.
I guess its ok to make perverted gestures but not ok to insult or curse others.

Ag04
11-18-2004, 12:04 PM
GIVE IT A REST!!!! and read previous posts....maybe you will understand!

JasperDog94
11-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by coiled2strike
honestly, i don't think it is about a&m or ut at all...i think it was more directed towards having a negative depiction of another team in the avatar... Someone finally gets it! Thank you. Funny how all I'm trying to do is stop the hate and I seem to get labled as trying to start stuff up again. If you're an Aggie, be proud of being an Aggie. If you're a Longhorn, be proud of being a Longhorn. If you're a whatever, be proud of being a whatever. Let's just stop the hate. Peace! :) :)

spiveyrat
11-18-2004, 12:15 PM
OH GOOD GRIEF!!! YOU AGGIES AND HORNS GROW UP!!!

I dare say some of you who are so "offended" probably aren't students or alumni of the respective schools. :rolleyes:

Hupernikomen
11-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Ag04
HornetMom, I couldn't agree with you more. I have not seen anyone post anything negative since the big deal the other night. Now someone who doesn't like the Ags wants to post something to get it all started again.......THIS IS ENOUGH!!!!

And today is a very sad day in Aggieland, so when you feel like posting something to degrade another, why don't you think about what is going on here today and for once why don't everyone on this board come together. That's what we are doing here in College Station, everyone here has put all differences aside for just a day!

Thoughts and prayers with everyone who was involved with Bonfire 1999!

Now that the disrepectful avatar is gone maybe we can have peace. Lets all be high school football fans on this high school football website and leave the A&M/UT rivalary at the doorstep. It is a fine rivalry b/t great schools but is akin to democratic/repulican and will do nothing but divide our "family" here.

JasperDog94
11-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Does it matter whether or not we went to those schools? Do you have to go to a particular school to be a fan? Man, I hope not.:)

onfirebball05mustang
11-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Now that the disrepectful avatar is gone maybe we can have peace. Lets all be high school football fans on this high school football website and leave the A&M/UT rivalary at the doorstep. It is a fine rivalry b/t great schools but is akin to democratic/repulican and will do nothing but divide our "family" here.

YEAH!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ag04
11-18-2004, 12:19 PM
great post spiverat.....i think you have said it best!

This childishness is beyond the point of being old!!!!

spiveyrat
11-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Does it matter whether or not we went to those schools? Do you have to go to a particular school to be a fan? Man, I hope not.:)

No, but I just can't imagine someone investing so much pride into a school that they didn't even attend. I pull for LSU, but I don't get so emotionally attached that I'm blinded by pride.

spiveyrat
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Ag04
great post spiverat.....i think you have said it best!

This childishness is beyond the point of being old!!!!

:nerd: "Thank you, Thankyouverymuch" :nerd:

coiled2strike
11-18-2004, 12:51 PM
i don't think you should ban any particular discussion topic about any particular school...just remember the mission statement and rules of the board...

AggieJohn
11-18-2004, 12:56 PM
i just wish we could talk about the game....i think some of us could do it civilized

coiled2strike
11-18-2004, 12:58 PM
and if someone can't, then bad things should happen to them...just like many times before...

onfirebball05mustang
11-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i just wish we could talk about the game....i think some of us could do it civilized

some could...but you never know WHAT will happen

AggieJohn
11-18-2004, 02:39 PM
please watch this (http://people.tamu.edu/~cao6734/videos/bonfire.wmv) and stop griping for one day

Ranger Mom
11-18-2004, 02:50 PM
please watch this (http://people.tamu.edu/~cao6734/videos/bonfire.wmv) and stop griping for one day

WOW!! That was powerful.....it kind of put things in perspective for me. Life is TOO precious and TOO short to waste on silly disagreements!

Thanks John!!

big daddy russ
11-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Well, I'm leaving right now to go to the memorial. You know, one of the most powerful things that happened after the bonfire collapsed (and one of the reasons I think College Station is a great place) was when the seniors took off their Senior Rings and left them at the bonfire site while rescue teams were looking for survivors. Those rings have a special meaning here in Aggieland. Not that any class ring doesn't, but that ring seems to take on a life all its own up here. They had thousands of rings that were left there, symbolizing the fact that the Aggie family was right there with the ones in the wreckage, at least in spirit. That's awesome stuff, man.

Hupernikomen
11-18-2004, 03:18 PM

I watched it...it was sad and powerful. Lost some good looking kids in that pile of twisted lumber. My question to you is why does the griping has to stop for just one day? I am neither an aggie nor a longhorn I am a Texan and dern proud of all our state schools. I will always cheer them on against all others. I like the fighting spirit of both schools and think healthy arguing is fine, but you guys on here take it way too personal.

onfirebball05mustang
11-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Well, I'm leaving right now to go to the memorial. You know, one of the most powerful things that happened after the bonfire collapsed (and one of the reasons I think College Station is a great place) was when the seniors took off their Senior Rings and left them at the bonfire site while rescue teams were looking for survivors. Those rings have a special meaning here in Aggieland. Not that any class ring doesn't, but that ring seems to take on a life all its own up here. They had thousands of rings that were left there, symbolizing the fact that the Aggie family was right there with the ones in the wreckage, at least in spirit. That's awesome stuff, man.

that's awesome! Pretty powerful stuff if you're askin me!:clap:

Bulldog_12
11-18-2004, 05:42 PM
The best thing I heard at this memorial was how it brought all schools together. Dr. Gates said that there were green people, red and black people, and even burnt orange people digging through the pile of wood. That day there wasn't any difference between us, we were all people who cared enough to come and show support for all of the ones who were lost and those that were hurt.

big daddy russ
11-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Hey bulldog, I saw you there with your girlfriend.

sinton66
11-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Okay, JD94 is correct, if we're going to ban UT/A&M bashing, we should ban ALL UT/A&M bashing. So, no more avatars or sigs with opposite school bashing either. All that does is inflame an already too touchy subject. You will be warned only once to change it.