PDA

View Full Version : Ever head of T.I?

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 10:44 PM
I know this guy that founded T.I., and wondered if anyone knew anyone famous like that.

Holmes_Fans
11-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Texas Instruments? as in TI 83 calculator

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Holmes_Fans
Texas Instruments? as in TI 83 calculator

yea, thats funny stuff.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2004, 11:00 PM
My husband used to work for TI. Does that count? ;)

sinton66
11-17-2004, 11:30 PM
I know PPHSfan.

PPHSfan
11-17-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I know PPHSfan.

:D

gobblerfan02
11-17-2004, 11:45 PM
I know a guy who's the best friend of charlie robinson! He graduated with him, and now he's in med school in SA!

GreenMonster
11-18-2004, 02:15 AM
I went to JUCO with PRCA World All-Around Champion Trevor Brazile, and Tampa Bay Devil Ray 3rd baseman Aubrey Huff. My claim to fame....... Was Trevor's suite-mate ( 2 rooms shared 1 bath ) and split Aubrey's head open with a baseball bat while taking extra batting practice ( it slipped, I swear ). Two really good guys.

District303aPastPlayer
11-18-2004, 02:54 AM
i checked out terry cummins at the HEB in SA that i worked at. . . also did a carry out for him. ..

AggieJohn
11-18-2004, 04:44 AM
me and clyde drexler watched an imax movie together with a few of our friends

okay so the friends were his and i was with my mom, and the movie started at like 9 so no one was there because it was a school night, and i sat 15 rows down from him

but i'm sure he remembers me

pirate44
11-18-2004, 08:37 AM
So this would be the "name drop" thread?

PPHSfan
11-18-2004, 08:47 AM
I sat next to Gsquared at a couple of football games.

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2004, 08:51 AM
Oooh - I just remembered my 2 claims to fame! (A lot of you young folks may have to do a little research.) When my mother was in college, before she met my dad, she dated Norm Cash for quite a while. When we lived in Amherst, one of my brother's best friends was closely related to Johnny Bench.

Balboa
11-18-2004, 09:25 AM
I hung out with Terry Funk...he was a cool guy. Played ball with Curry Dawson who plays for the Texans. Also Shakmain Davis who plaed for the patriots for a while.

RiverRat19
11-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
I know this guy that founded T.I., and wondered if anyone knew anyone famous like that.

I think I have met him... kind of. We were not introduced but he asked me a question without looking directly at me. There may be a chance I'll see him soon.

District303aPastPlayer
11-18-2004, 10:13 AM
the very first time i saw the thread title. . . i thought about the rapper. . .

GOFOR2
11-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
I think I have met him... kind of. We were not introduced but he asked me a question without looking directly at me. There may be a chance I'll see him soon.

Maybe Friday, huh?

Ray_BearKat
11-18-2004, 11:23 AM
I met Michael Jordan in the lobby of the Westin Riverwalk as we were going up to our room...it was actually the entire Wizards team but my jaw just dropped as I saw him...:D

onfirebball05mustang
11-18-2004, 11:30 AM
lets see.....infamous or famous....:D

infamous...i know jason:p j/k

famous....my cousin checked out Rafael Palmerio at Radio Shack and got a REALLY good commission...
My best friend tam met Adam Sandler at a volleyball tourney outa state...oh and of course i must mention jason (just for the sake of humanity);) and District303a...y'all are awesome!

RiverRat19
11-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Maybe Friday, huh?

Possibly... I'm hoping that I won't have the pleasure.

GOFOR2
11-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
Possibly... I'm hoping that I won't have the pleasure.

You know he had a stint on a tennis tour, right?

pirate44
11-18-2004, 11:44 AM
the temptation of self promotion is just too great. Here's my brush with fame on a trip to vegas. Greg Ostertag was on the jet from dallas to vegas. he's a nice guy and talked with all of us who were at the baggage claim. Then at the Mandalay Bay Hotel we got in the elevator with Colby Donaldson from Survivor 2. we didnt talk to him but my wife did get weak in the knees. then coming home from dallas to san antonio, george bush strategist Karen Hughes was on board. on another trip sat near Carrot Top at a Randy Travis concert of all places. He knew the words to every song. :D

RiverRat19
11-18-2004, 12:49 PM
You know he had a stint on a tennis tour, right?

I did not know that. I thought he played for the Dallas Sidekicks in the old indoor soccer league.... the MISL.

Gsquared
11-18-2004, 01:01 PM
I work onsite at TI, I-75/635

CheerMom
11-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
me and clyde drexler watched an imax movie together with a few of our friends

okay so the friends were his and i was with my mom, and the movie started at like 9 so no one was there because it was a school night, and i sat 15 rows down from him

but i'm sure he remembers me

My husband and I met Clyde at a Houston Livestock Parade. Had our picture taken with him, but he made my husband take off his Longhorn cap first!!

big daddy russ
11-18-2004, 02:04 PM
I know two small hip-hop artists... Frankie J and Baby Bash (used to be Baby Beesh). I've met the 504 Boys and I've hung out with Charlie Robison. I've also hung out with David Robinson, Steve Kerr, Antonio Daniels and Derrick Dial (all formerly of the Spurs) and I've had Chris Anderson (now plays for the Hornets... was in last year's Slam Dunk Contest) over at my house a couple of times. One of my roommates went to school with him at Blinn over in Brenham. My coup de gras, though, was getting a phone number from a girl at an Astros game when I was 16... turned out to be the stepdaughter, kinda (I don't think he was married to her mom) of former Astros 3rd baseman and original Killer B Sean Berry.

GOFOR2
11-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I work onsite at TI, I-75/635

its a joke. this guy i know says he was a big wig there, but i know he's lying. he's a habitual liar.

Dogman
11-18-2004, 03:07 PM
When I was 13 my grandmother got me a job working for one of the ladies here in town. She was a wrestling promoter. I helped set up the chairs at the "Southwest Championship Wrestling" matches in central Texas. After one of the shows in Bryan at the Rodeo arena I ate Frito Pie with the New Zealand Sheephearder's and the Zamboui Express. Man those guys can put away the Frito's.....

GOFOR2
11-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Dogman
When I was 13 my grandmother got me a job working for one of the ladies here in town. She was a wrestling promoter. I helped set up the chairs at the "Southwest Championship Wrestling" matches in central Texas. After one of the shows in Bryan at the Rodeo arena I ate Frito Pie with the New Zealand Sheephearder's and the Zamboui Express. Man those guys can put away the Frito's.....

That was prolly all they could afford to eat after the event.

Kool Tarpon 21
11-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the very first time i saw the thread title. . . i thought about the rapper. . .

That's what I was thinking. BRING'EM OUT BRING'EM OUT!! Peace up, A-Town down.

cjeffsjeep
11-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Well lets see who do i know

Cory Alexander(spelling)- was the night watch man when i went to DC for my 8th grade trip.

George Strait- was in a tv ad with him when i was in college in Uvalde

George Strait- played golf with him at the Deminion in SA
(can put back a few beers) lol

The guy that owns the Spurs- spent the afternoon talking to him at a fund raser in the deminion in sa

Babbs- the lady that owns cisco foods iv been to her house

GOFOR2
11-18-2004, 03:48 PM
I took a picture with Randy White when I was around 8 years old.