PDA

View Full Version : all-state selections

dogdad
11-17-2004, 10:24 PM
There are a lot of great players this season that will merit consideration. Maybe we can start the listing and make it easier for the folks who select.
I'll start with some Royse City players who should make it:

1. James Mapps- has rushed for 2100 yds. and averages about 10 yds. per carry. The only question is should he make it as QB or RB?
2. Chris McDaniel- the most dominant lineman I've seen this year. He carries the offense that averages aboout 400 y.p.g. rushing
3. Cameron Holiness- RB has rushed for 1600 yds. and averages 10 yds. per carry, physical runner who can also break the long one.
4. Donnie Pierce OLB- has it all, speed, quickness, size, and herd hitter, he's a D-1 recruit who will be playing on saturdays.

let's hear your nominations

lobo12
11-18-2004, 12:23 AM
in my opinion most of the all state polls are political, not all the best players can be named to these teams, its hard to know how these players stack up against each other, and alot of good players are left out, its easier to pick all district because coaches see all the players play and watch film and scout them so they know exactly how each player stacks up to the other ones in the same position in the district

GreenMonster
11-18-2004, 01:34 AM
Iowa Park should get 2 selections. Tyler Duggins OL/DL and Justin Swenson QB/Utility. I don't know what Swenson's actuall numbers look like but he is the heart and soul of a very multiple Iowa Park offense. He does it all. Good passer, runner, and ball handler. Unfortunately for him most voters look stricktly at numbers so I doubt he makes it because he is most valuable as a ball handler and decoy. This is also how he is used mostly. Kid is small and quick and tough. Duggins kid is a junior and a legitimate D-I prospect. 6'-6" 270lbs. and he plays mean, tough, and to the whistle. I know this is a homer post but it is a homer thread in my opinion and that's my 2 cents.

Macarthur
11-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Iowa Park should get 2 selections. Tyler Duggins OL/DL and Justin Swenson QB/Utility. I don't know what Swenson's actuall numbers look like but he is the heart and soul of a very multiple Iowa Park offense. He does it all. Good passer, runner, and ball handler. Unfortunately for him most voters look stricktly at numbers so I doubt he makes it because he is most valuable as a ball handler and decoy. This is also how he is used mostly. Kid is small and quick and tough. Duggins kid is a junior and a legitimate D-I prospect. 6'-6" 270lbs. and he plays mean, tough, and to the whistle. I know this is a homer post but it is a homer thread in my opinion and that's my 2 cents.

Monster, I agree with your post and I'll add another name. I think IP's safety Riley is one of the most impressive athletes I have seen all year. He has good size and speed and will absoultely come up and knock your lips off. That kid is a player.

3afan
11-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by dogdad
... herd hitter...
you mean he goes out into the field and hits cows? aka a cow puncher? or maybe it horses, or goats.

just raggin' ya dogdad!

handNthedirt
11-18-2004, 10:44 AM
Dane for QB, Mapps for RB(he won't play QB in college, especially now that Osbourne and the option offense is out of Nebraska).

rhs78
11-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Charles Huffman- Rice Raiders 4000+ yards rushing and lost count of points scored

Hupernikomen
11-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
Charles Huffman- Rice Raiders 4000+ yards rushing and lost count of points scored

4000??

rhs78
11-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
4000??

4000 yards in his varsity years is what i was saying

cjeffsjeep
11-18-2004, 04:59 PM
the whole Cuero team

Hupernikomen
11-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
4000 yards in his varsity years is what i was saying

Oh I was fixing to say..those are robert straight numbers.