PDA

View Full Version : Cellular Phonebook

sinton66
11-17-2004, 09:40 PM
I got an email today saying they are going to start a phone book for cellular users. The Federal Trade Commission allows you to register your cell phone as well as your home phone for free for five years on the national do not call list. You can do it on line in about one minute. I'll go get the website addy and come back and post it if anybody's interested.

Here's the website:
www.donotcall.gov/

3afan
11-17-2004, 09:43 PM
the following public service message was brought to you by .... 66 !!!

by the way - thanks, i'll definitely take advantage of that

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Hey 66, how have you been? Have you been to a Bellville game lately? Were to this week? Bryan to see Bellville vs Marlin #3 (play-offs)?

CheerMom
11-17-2004, 09:48 PM

sinton66
11-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Hey 66, how have you been? Have you been to a Bellville game lately? Were to this week? Bryan to see Bellville vs Marlin #3 (play-offs)?

I've been fine, my friend, but no I haven't caught any of yalls games this year. I'm not in Magnolia anymore, I'm back home .

bccards
11-17-2004, 10:05 PM
It's not 100% true in the message. You will be listed only if you request it (according to Snopes). Although I don't trust the industry either on the cellular 411, and it's not worth the trouble of having a cellular 411, since we have to PAY for the minutes (as the article states) read the entire article here.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

44INAROW
11-17-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I got an email today saying they are going to start a phone book for cellular users. The Federal Trade Commission allows you to register your cell phone as well as your home phone for free for five years on the national do not call list. You can do it on line in about one minute. I'll go get the website addy and come back and post it if anybody's interested.

Here's the website:
www.donotcall.gov/

I'm all signed up.. all my numbers are listed now - hopefully I won't bet getting any more solicitor calls :)