PDA

View Full Version : Everman Boys and Girls win 10-3A Track tittles

Matthew328
04-14-2002, 09:52 PM
Second Straight year the Runnin Dawgs win the district track and field tittle...the Lady Dawgs will look to defend their state tittle from last year...the boys were led by Victor Sanford who won the long jump, triple jump 110 Hurdles and finished second in the 300 hurdles

eye of the tiger
04-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Truly a year to remember for Everman sports.
Congrats

Jacket2000
04-14-2002, 10:12 PM
I saw where Castleberry's boys won 3rd. Im kinda impressed. I didnt think they had the athletes to compete with Pinkston and the rest of'em.
J2K

Matthew328
04-15-2002, 07:32 AM
Castleberry had trouble competing in the sprints..but they did well in everything else..especially the middle to long distances and the field events...man Hutch has a deep track team...wish Everman's top sprinter (Theo Miller) wasn't hurt..he woulda helped the relay time and prolly woulda won the 100..ohh well he'll be ready for football! (I hope) LOL

Wyo_Cowboy
04-15-2002, 11:22 PM
Pinkston did not run in the 4x4 relay. Our track team is not nearly as deep as years past, but me make due with what we have.

footballgal
04-15-2002, 11:31 PM
La Feria Lions & Lionettes win district titles in 32-AAA. Congratulations La Feria!

10bears
04-16-2002, 12:21 PM
did I read it wrong or did Everman's girls 4x4 relay not get out? What happened there? I know the good one graduated last year but I would think that they would have 4 who could run well enough to get out.
DQ???

Matthew328
04-16-2002, 02:40 PM
I dunno what happened with the girls 4x400...I am pretty sure they were DQ'd...and yes the girl Sibley moved on and is doing well at Texas Tech..the girls are young but doing OK....Luling will prolly win girls division with that one girl Spears...she is awesome..Hutch's girls could win all the relays though

SintonFan
04-18-2002, 03:21 AM
Sinton won their district for the second straight year. Their relay team is better this year. Everman looks really strong, though. Gonna be an interesting regionals for region 4.

Old Green
04-18-2002, 05:26 AM
Spears of Luling could probably win the team Championship all by her self. I have been watching her since she was a freshman. This year she set 4 meet records at the Gobbler relays and then returned the following week for the District 29 meet and improved on all her times. It's nice knowing you have 40 points before the meet ever starts.

Matthew328
04-18-2002, 11:25 AM
She nearly won the whole thing by herself last year...only thing that kept her from winning it was Sibley from Everman leading them to 2 realy tittles...I think if Hutch doesn't sweep the relays she will lead Luling's ladies to the tittle..boys is gonna be interesting with Forney and thier sprints and Wylie with their depth and Atlanta with their middle distance runners...also watch out for Wilmer-Hutchins and Sweeny

DogDoc
04-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Matt Our girls didn't even run the mile relay. Long story don't ask. I would look for wilmer hutchins girls to win it all at the state meet. If they get the sticks around they will win every relay at regionals for sure and probably at staee meet as well. No one was close to them at district and their times are still pretty good. We wont be major players in girls or boys this year, too many pains. see ya

Ktown2004
04-18-2002, 06:18 PM
Watch out for the Kennedale Girls. They beat the Everman girls in the 4X100 early in the season.

Wyo_Cowboy
04-18-2002, 11:46 PM
This year I dont think it will be 40 points. Ithink the 100 will go to Lisa Wilson from Wilmer Hutchins. Look at her times and ask anyone who has seen her run why. Spears is an amazing athlete, but I think the 100 will go to Wilson.
Originally posted by SintonFan:
Sinton won their district for the second straight year. Their relay team is better this year. Everman looks really strong, though. Gonna be an interesting regionals for region 4.