PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Trick Plays

GreenMonster
11-17-2004, 05:32 PM
What are your all time favorite trick plays??? I personally am rather fond of the Fumbleruskie and the Throwback.

AggieJohn
11-17-2004, 05:34 PM
A&M ran a double reverse pass last week..almost worked for a TD too....it's scary to see a RB throw, the look like doug flutie's college passes

CHSBaseball07
11-17-2004, 05:52 PM
The Half back pitch double reverse throwback fumbleruskie...haha that would be a helluva play...wouldnt it?

TheDOCTORdre
11-17-2004, 07:05 PM
The fake spike most defenses are never prepared for this

jason
11-17-2004, 07:06 PM
i saw a play once, the center stood up with the ball and tossed it to the qb, and the qb started walking off the field as to get another ball...but then took off and scored...

dear_whoever
11-17-2004, 07:09 PM
when they kick it off, and someone catches it and starts running then throws it back across the field to someone else, and they take off running and score

3afan2K3
11-17-2004, 07:10 PM
We ran that last year in practice. The Center would hand him the ball, and the QB would be yelling to the coach that the ball is flat then start to walk over to him to get a new one, then run off.

CHSBaseball07
11-17-2004, 07:25 PM
haha that sounds like a good one

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-17-2004, 08:15 PM
That sounds pretty darn cheap if you ask me.

3afan2K3
11-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Thats why it's a trick play.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-17-2004, 08:21 PM
I think if you are running a trick play your offense is having a hard time putting points on the board and you are behind!

TheDOCTORdre
11-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I think if you are running a trick play your offense is having a hard time putting points on the board and you are behind!
Unless you're a mean coach and run trick plays when you're up by a lot so you can spit in the opponents face

Keith7
11-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

Michigan State ran Trick play last week and won 49-14.. have trouble putting points on the board, eh?

3afan2K3
11-17-2004, 08:28 PM
They're fun to do to....We ran a WR pass alot this year, we usually did it the first play of the game. What we did is have trips out to the wide side of the field. We would have our back up qb as one of the receivers, we hiked the ball through a quick pass out to the WR/QB (behind the QB so it would be a legal pass), one of the other receivers would be going long and the other would block. Then the we would throw it again to the person going downfield for the TD or long gain.

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-17-2004, 08:46 PM
I like the Starburst kickoff return.

Roll'em up
11-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Unless you're a mean coach and run trick plays when you're up by a lot so you can spit in the opponents face

Often coaches run trick plays just to give their opponents down the road a little something extra to work on and worry about.

La Grange
11-17-2004, 08:55 PM
I have two favorite trick plays.

1.) The Aggie bounce...the quarter back does a backwards "bounce" pass to a reciever on the twins side...that reciever then throws it to the other reciever on that side. It works more times than you think.

2.) The Leopards Play...This play is mainly run on the LG middle school and freshman teams...Before the play the coach motions one of the running backs towards him (noted LG has 3 running backs) the running back stops about half-a-yard from the coach and begins a conversation/yelling with the player. While all of this is going on the playclock is still counting down...the qb acts all frustrated and walks towards the center like it is a busted play...he says "hut" and recieves the ball and runs LG's typical play...the option...he pitches it to the option back.... and the player who is talking to the coach sprints downfield....the option back then throws the ball to an open running back who should win an Oscar for his performance.

These are my two favorites. In 6 years of football I think we scored around 30 td's with these two plays.

handNthedirt
11-17-2004, 08:59 PM
My fav is the old seran wrap over the toilet bowl...it scores everytime!

dawgmom
11-19-2004, 04:24 PM
My favorite trick play is the one that works!