PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 - Composite / Comparrison Poll

3ABirdMan
11-21-2002, 12:49 AM
For discussion purposes...

Taking the ordered rankings from Collier-Sharp, DataPoll, and Texas Power Ratings, and awarding points for position (1 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, etc) and averaging them provides the following Top 25. Teams shown as tied had identical averages and are listed in alphabetical order...

1 Burnet* (11-0)
T-2 Marlin* (9-2)
T-2 Sinton* (11-0)
T-4 Forney* (10-1)
T-4 Jasper* (9-2)
6 Bellville* (10-1)
7 Newton* (10-0)
8 Gainesville* (10-1)
9 Celina* (11-0)
10 Commerce* (9-2)
11 Midland Greenwood* (11-0)
12 Everman* (10-1)
13 Daingerfield* (9-2)
14 Wills Point* (10-1)
15 Longview Spring Hill* (10-1)
16 La Grange* (10-1)
17 Altair Rice Consolidated* (8-3)
18 Cameron Yoe* (8-3)
19 Sweetwater* (8-3)
T-20 Abilene Wylie* (9-2)
T-20 Bridge City* (10-1)
22 Kennedale* (10-1)
23 New Boston* (10-1)
24 Gatesville* (8-3)
25 Decatur* (11-0)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-21-2002, 02:08 AM
This composite poll is not valid due to the fact it is utilizing Data Poll in the system. Data Poll is heavily flawed and should not even be considered a true "poll". Everman ranked #60? Port Isabel ranked #81??? Teams with 5-5, 4-6, and 3-7 records whose seasons are now OVER are ranked higher than teams with 8-2, 7-3 records and still in the playoffs? Now if that is not flawed, then tell me what is???

justanopinion
11-21-2002, 09:35 AM
I have a hard time agreeing with that poll. I believe some are in the right order but you should take out the teams that are already done. All and all that was a pretty sharp idea to make that poll. Good job Birdman!

Tiny
11-21-2002, 12:17 PM
All Polls are BS. Everman #12 Celina #9? I cant believe people actually buy this junk.

I will just stick to my backwards way and go on performances insetad of the high tech formulas.
#1 Everman
#2 Jasper
#3 Sinton
#4 Kenendale
#5 Celina ( good shot at #1 Div 2
I bet this is more like it when all is done.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2002, 12:36 PM
1.Jasper
2.Everman
3.Sinton
3.Burnet
5.Forney
6.Marlin
7.Celina
8.Kennadale
9.LaGrange
10.Port Isabel

as of right now those teams are top ten material

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-21-2002, 01:00 PM
Hey Sinton fan, you forgot the Brahmas, we have a better team than last year. You dont think we are top 10? If not ask Sinton 66 for some help!
Good luck to yall!!!

Sinton94
11-21-2002, 01:25 PM
I would put Bellville just in front of Burnet.

DOGS1
11-21-2002, 01:40 PM
ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS WILL BE SAID IN A FEW WEEKS!! BURNET #1!

The8thLace63
11-21-2002, 03:26 PM
I am still confused on how Burnet is suppose to be so good? I'm not trying to offend anyone but I don't really know how they are suppose to be so good?

whtfbplaya
11-21-2002, 05:24 PM
There are teams that are already out of the playoffs, that are better than some teams still in.

Unlucky for them they had to play a better team in the first round. frown

Chief Woodman
11-21-2002, 05:33 PM
Tiny-

How do you say you base you ranking on performance and have Everman ahead of Kennedale? If memory seves me correctly, these teams played this year, and it was Kennedale who performed, not Everman. So how can the big E be ahead of Kennedale? I am not beig rude, just asking what your logic is. It seems that head to head competition means alot more than you give it credit for.

pirate4state
11-21-2002, 05:42 PM
Chief Woodman:
Tiny-

How do you say you base you ranking on performance and have Everman ahead of Kennedale? If memory seves me correctly, these teams played this year, and it was Kennedale who performed, not Everman. So how can the big E be ahead of Kennedale? I am not beig rude, just asking what your logic is. It seems that head to head competition means alot more than you give it credit for.I agree, if you based your "poll" on performance than Kennedale should be one up on Everman. Sinton, Burnet & Jasper should be the top 3 teams. After that, oops there went my interest! wink

big daddy russ
11-21-2002, 05:52 PM
SintonFan_inAustin... I think I'm gonna have to agree with your top nine, but I'm wondering about number 10. Port Isabel's good, but I don't know if they are Top 10 good. They're probably one of the three best Division II teams in Region IV, but I'd put Rice Consolidated at the top of that list, with Liberty Hill second. Rice will probably take R4 D2, but I don't even know if the Raiders could be considered better than a team like Newton, Bellville or Commerce. But hey, that's what these things are for, just opinions.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-21-2002, 08:57 PM
I was thinking either bellville or PI as no. 10, but i think PI will advance farther due to a weaker region. Big daddy russ after AP plays PI i think u might agreed that PI can win the region.

Puppetmaster101
11-21-2002, 09:32 PM
I think Tiny is just trying to PO everybody off. Dont mind him he's from grapejelly county!!!!! :D

AggieJohn
11-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Ok..polls are horrible for H.S. football...theirs no even playing field....anyway...my alma mater...liberty is ranked in the eighties..and near half of the teams above them are not even playing anymore..i think you should lose your current rank if your no longer playing...Liberty should be much higher....especially considering thier is only 48 teams left playing for 2 state titles in 3A...and thier in the eighties....at best poll

Burnet_Dawg
11-21-2002, 10:05 PM
What is the bs about Burnet not being as good as they're supposed to be? What is Burnet's Record......11-0.why would people rank Everman,Jasper,and Forney above Burnet and sinton??? First of all Everman,Jasper,and Forney has lost a game so that says they're beatable.Burnet and Sinton are both clearly undefeated and the winner of the region4 finals will win state(Burnet/Sinton). Everybody under estimates Burnet,but we blowout every team in our way. Those other teams don't have any bragging rights after losing a game this season.
Thats all i gotta say.

AggieJohn
11-21-2002, 10:10 PM
burnet dawg.....it's almsost like national championships....one game and your out...

The8thLace63
11-21-2002, 10:24 PM
Burnet_Dawg. First of all region four has Sinton and supposably has the "powerhouse" Burnet. In D II region four has NOTHING. I mean Sinton has proven themselves in recent years so I could understand where they come from. Honestly, I hope Burnet beats Sinton so Jasper can tar and feather Burnet because you don't understand how good Jasper is. We will just wait and see if someone from region four can beat Jasper.

PS. The reason yall are undefeated is because yall have't really played anybody besides marlin and yall almost couldn't handle the pressure of the competition.

wildcat834
11-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Trust me, I saw the Everman Kennedale game, and Everman has the better team, they just didn't play that night. Not to take anything away from Kennedale, they are just as talented at the skill positions, except quarterback, but the Offensive and Defensive lines is were Everman is better. I see Everman making it easily to play Forney, and then destroying them, and playing in the state title game again. Kennedale will be playing for the D2 game also, so we will have a District 8-3a sweep.

Burnet_Dawg
11-21-2002, 10:55 PM
The8thLace63. While you said we couldn't handle the competition of Marlin. Yall couldn't handle the competition at all,thats why yall lost. You just don't understand HOW GOOD Burnet is. We havn't lost yet and we won't lose either. And believe me we are THE POWERHOUSE of 3a football. I don't see yall being as good as say yall are.

ballhog65
11-21-2002, 11:34 PM
abilene wylie will come out on top this year no doubt about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KTown#1Fan
11-22-2002, 12:33 AM
in d1 everman is the strongest team and will come out on top and meet jasper in the finals... much credit to burnett and sinton but after they battle each other what will they have left for jasper and everman who have it easy until state semis/finals?
in d2 kennedale is the strongest team in the top of the bracket and i believe they will play the winner of the marlin/newton game... kennedales quarterback has come on strong as of late and is playing smart football unlike the begining of the year... i know im a "homer" but honestly i believe no one can stop there powerful offense... i would love to see kennedale vs. newton for the championship...
my prediction district 8-3a sweeps it over district 20-3a

WpSr03
11-22-2002, 12:35 AM
Right Burnet Dawg... Just like how no one understood how awesome Wills Point was, and how we couldn't be beat... Till we got whipped by Forney. Keep your foot out of your mouth, so you're not so embarrassed when your team gets messed up...

spaniard
11-22-2002, 01:07 AM
WpSr03:
Right Burnet Dawg... Just like how no one understood how awesome Wills Point was, and how we couldn't be beat... Till we got whipped by Forney. Keep your foot out of your mouth, so you're not so embarrassed when your team gets messed up...youre right about people keeping their feet out of their mouths, we all need a big serving of humble pie every once in a while, i just hope that we dont have to get some of it this year. now you guys behave.