PDA

View Full Version : Things You See That Just Bug You. . .

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 12:25 PM
1. Those kids who think its cool to wake up and not do their hair, wear all black, old band shirts from before they were born, paint their faces white(boys and girls), and walk around saying that they have problems and no friends, when they live on the nice parts of town and have both parents at home, both of which have good paying jobs, and tell everyone that they are EMO or Punk. . .

2. A woman who has NO CONTROL AT ALL over her kids and lets them run wild in public, all the while talking to some guy she is trying to flirt with, even though she is married. . .

3. People who, (sorry if this offends) use government assistance to pay for their food, only to turn around and use cash (wads in their pockets) to pay for beer, while my taxes rise to pay for their food.

had to vent, add to the list :D

jason
11-17-2004, 12:29 PM
women driving in the fast lane going 10 mph under the speed limit while talking on cell phones

...ok let me have it....

Ranger Mom
11-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by jason
women driving in the fast lane going 10 mph under the speed limit while talking on cell phones

...ok let me have it....

Have we not already had this discussion??

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by jason

...ok let me have it....

^5. . . thats what you get from me, because ive seen this happen, and in fact, it was the reason i was late to my first class this morning. . . two of them on a two lane in one direction road. . .

ps. . . its pouring down rain in Corpus on the Northcentral part of town

pirate4state
11-17-2004, 12:32 PM
We've already had this thread - back in the day. So, right now "things you see that just bug you" are ppl bringing up old threads and trying to make them their own! :mad: :tongue:

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2004, 12:32 PM
6. Sorry if this offends anyone as well, but the "homeless" person standing on the corner holding a sign asking for money for food, while having a cigarette in their mouth. HELLO! Use the money that bought the cigarettes for food!

jason
11-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Have we not already had this discussion?? possibly...i couldnt pinpoint it in my fault-proof memory, but felt it was a topic worth discussing :D :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We've already had this thread - back in the day. So, right now "things you see that just bug you" are ppl bringing up old threads and trying to make them their own! :mad: :tongue:

HATER. . . :p. .. the reason i started this new, old thread is because there is this one person in one of my classes. . . who is from calallen, and she talks with a british accent, when i know darn well she was born and raised in corpus, and she says she is emo. . . but still dresses in casual jeans and a girls plaid shirt for work, even though she works at walmart and their dresscode is very relaxed. . .

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
6. Sorry if this offends anyone as well, but the "homeless" person standing on the corner holding a sign asking for money for food, while having a cigarette in their mouth. HELLO! Use the money that bought the cigarettes for food!

did you know that if you dressed the part, and payed for a permit, in corpus, you could stand there and do this

Ranger Mom
11-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Do I want to know what an "emo" is??

99IHSMustang
11-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
did you know that if you dressed the part, and payed for a permit, in corpus, you could stand there and do this

Some of those people have actually admitted to making some pretty decent money.

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2004, 12:40 PM

I didn't know that I would have to have a permit in Corpus, but after a Lubbock station did a big expose on the news one night several years ago, I know I'd make quite a bit more money than I do now. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
11-17-2004, 12:41 PM
HATER. . . :p. .. the reason i started this new, old thread is because there is this one person in one of my classes. . . who is from calallen, and she talks with a british accent, when i know darn well she was born and raised in corpus, and she says she is emo. . . but still dresses in casual jeans and a girls plaid shirt for work, even though she works at walmart and their dresscode is very relaxed. . . You obviously need a magazine rack for all these ISSUES!! :rolleyes:

:D :D

CHS_CG
11-17-2004, 12:58 PM
People that sit at the stop light after it has turned green for more than 4 seconds...

Women who put on make-up while driving...

Men who wont stop and ask how to get there.. (or my mother for that matter) *love ya mommy*....

People that keep calling your cell phone, after you told them not to call you..

People who used the stupid line..."well see, its not you, its me."

Phantom Stang
11-17-2004, 01:28 PM
1. Those kids who think its cool to wake up and not do your hair, wear all black, old band shirts from before they were born, paint their faces white(boys and girls), and walk around saying that they have problems and no friends, when they live on the nice parts of town and have both parents at home, both of which have good paying jobs, and tell everyone that they are EMO or Punk. :D

Why would you want a Goth kid to do your hair? :D

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Do I want to know what an "emo" is??

the kids who walk around and say they are at peace, yet hate everything and dress all left field style

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2004, 01:38 PM
the kids who walk around and say they are at peace, yet hate everything and dress all left field style

Good grief, I feel old. :weeping:

Bulldog_12
11-17-2004, 01:44 PM
How bout people who are turning right at a stop light and don't go even though there are no cars coming. Then once the light turns green they turn. Don't they know that they can turn right on red? That bugs me.

GreenMonster
11-17-2004, 01:56 PM
I didn't know what EMO was either LHPMOM. :confused: As for my entry, people that call and make an appointment but do not show up anywhere near on time. (I been late to each of last 2 football games due to this) People that use the turn lane as an onramp. (you know the ones. They can get across one lane but have nowhere to go when they get to the lane that they want to be in so they just drive in the turn lane until they find an opening or someone let's them in.) Old people that vote down bond elections so that my kids have to go to the same busted a$$ schools that every kid in this town has gone to for the last 99 years. Bad football fans that show up when the local team is winning and act like thay've been around the whole time. Marching bands that only march to spot where they will stand during the performance. These should be called 'Standing Bands." Motorcycle cops with bad attitudes. Try a little sunshine because you can't intimidate me. WOW, I feel better. :D I love this thread I may even come back later. :D :D :D :D

NSUTrumpet08
11-17-2004, 01:58 PM
How bout people who are turning right at a stop light and don't go even though there are no cars coming. Then once the light turns green they turn. Don't they know that they can turn right on red? That bugs me.

Well i do know that other states don't allow that like here in Louisiana...or is that driving on the shoulder...hmmm...

Another i see that bugs me are people that smoke :mad: ...we had this discussion in Biology...you know a cigarette has at least 35 known carcinogens or cancer causing agents and at least 10 heavy metals that can do damage to your proteins and can produce tar that can severely restrict blood flow and breathing. Nicotene(sp?) can also damage your heart...

Yeah...i know we've all heard that in health class but that's one thing i see and bugs me. I see people all around this campus that smoke...but i guess that's just how things are...:(

NSUTrumpet08
11-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Marching bands that only march to spot where they will stand during the performance. These should be called 'Standing Bands."

What do you mean? Like they get on the field, get to their spot, and stand there and play a pop-tune or something?

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 02:02 PM
the girls at the night club who get on the stage and just stnad there, and when you accidently hit them while you are dancing at a DANCE CLUB, they get all pissed off. they are hte ones who will take up space drinking a drink, trying to look hot, when they are really butt ugly :)

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by NSUTrumpet08
What do you mean? Like they get on the field, get to their spot, and stand there and play a pop-tune or something?

no, like they march to one formation and never move. for the ENTIRE performance

NSUTrumpet08
11-17-2004, 02:11 PM
no, like they march to one formation and never move. for the ENTIRE performance

Yeah i know what you mean...it's called a "marching band" for a reason...this happens usually during play-off games...i guess the band is tired marching the same show everyweek....

GreenMonster
11-17-2004, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE]no, like they march to one formation and never move. for the ENTIRE performance

NSUTrumpet08
11-17-2004, 02:18 PM
ok gotcha...i know what you're talking about this time

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 02:19 PM
What really gets under my skin.. is that big city officials (ie: Mayor, Councilmen, Lawyers, and the whole gang)..are supposed to be role models and people that teach young adults to better themselves by attending church and what not.. But they turn around and have affairs with women of the same stature. That to me is really hypocritical and I can't stand it!

and I see that here ALL THE TIME!

Another thing that I see that bugs me is at football games when people are there to cheer on the team, doesn't say anything at all.. doens't clap, doesn't stand, doesn't yell.. NOTHING!! why come to support when you're just letting the team down while you're there???

handNthedirt
11-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Majority of the male students in public schools that wear these belts that quit working....what's with these turds that have their pants hanging half-way off their A**es?

pirate44
11-17-2004, 02:24 PM
something that bugs me are complainers:rolleyes:

GreenMonster
11-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Majority of the male students in public schools that wear these belts that quit working....what's with these turds that have their pants hanging half-way off their A**es?

AMEN Brother! And the girls whose pants are so low slung that everyone behind them can see what color their undies are and what type of undies they are wearing. If I wanted to see a crack peepin out I'd call a plumber! :D

Keith7
11-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Any post by onfirebball05mustang

why does she get on here?? she doesnt talk about football, one time she even said she got on here to meet guys.. thats not what this board is for

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

why does she get on here?? she doesnt talk about football, one time she even said she got on here to meet guys.. thats not what this board is for

did she turn you down?:rolleyes: :D jk

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Oh man! Wow.. that girlie probably doesn't even watch the football games!! I wonder how she heard of the site in the first place?!

At least I'm a gal that watches (and enjoys watching) Sports Center!! lol..not that it matters..

TheDOCTORdre
11-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by LHSCheerleader
At least I'm a gal that watches (and enjoys watching) Sports Center!! lol..not that it matters..
I always thought it was a myth but a girl that enjoys Sports Center does exist

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I always thought it was a myth but a girl that enjoys Sports Center does exist

crazy isnt it. . . my ex enjoyed sports. . . and still goes to all these Football games, and im like, can i get a ride :confused:

CHS_CG
11-17-2004, 02:36 PM
guys that think girls cant drive standard cars.. I mean really drive a Standard is SOO easy!

People that read the newspaper while driving.

Keith7
11-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Oh man! Wow.. that girlie probably doesn't even watch the football games!! I wonder how she heard of the site in the first place?!

:inlove: :inlove: my dream girl :inlove: :inlove:

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 02:40 PM
reading while driving?!
I can barely change a cd while driving!! hahah. I feel dumb now.

But yes girls who LOVE sports do exist and we aren't all dykes! (that was out of line i know but just trying to make a point)

I'm as girlie as it comes.. but I can't live without playing or watching sports..

NO NASCAR though!! ! MAN!!

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 02:41 PM
reading while driving?!
I can barely change a cd while driving!! hahah. I feel dumb now.

But yes girls who LOVE sports do exist and we aren't all dykes! (that was out of line i know but just trying to make a point)

I'm as girlie as it comes.. but I can't live without playing or watching sports..

NO NASCAR though!! ! MAN!!

(if you are over the age of 18) will you marry me :inlove:

fball_gal310
11-17-2004, 02:43 PM
I watch more football than my dad does...he still enjoys watching it but I'm a more hardcore football fan...I even like hunting and fishing...what else is there?? I enjoy being outdoors.

TheDOCTORdre
11-17-2004, 02:43 PM
(if you are over the age of 18) will you marry me :inlove:
If you're not I can wait:inlove:

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 02:44 PM
How funny!! I love it. I don't see what the big deal is though?? Why is it so shocking that SOME girls do love sports?? I know it's few , far and in between but still.. It's just normal to me.

I guess I love it because that's my way to be close to my dad.. He's the biggest sports freak fan ever!! and I suppose it just stuck with me ...

I'll be 18 in February. lol.. and I'll think about it.. lol.

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 02:44 PM
okay. . . im patient :)

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 02:45 PM

2. A woman who has NO CONTROL AT ALL over her kids and lets them run wild in public, all the while talking to some guy she is trying to flirt with, even though she is married. . .

3. People who, (sorry if this offends) use government assistance to pay for their food, only to turn around and use cash (wads in their pockets) to pay for beer, while my taxes rise to pay for their food.

had to vent, add to the list :D

What's wrong with 2 & 3? You act like you're upset about it.

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 02:46 PM
keep it in the family?

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 02:49 PM
keep it in the family?

he's my cousin

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
What's wrong with 2 & 3? You act like you're upset about it.

i am. . .

Keith7
11-17-2004, 02:50 PM
If you're not I can wait:inlove:

i called her first

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 02:52 PM
i am. . .
Come on.
On number #2, she is just trying to maintain her pimp status and relive her high school glory days.
On number #3, somebody has to be a bum, better them than us.

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 02:53 PM
until one of those bums takes advantage of you.. you're ok with them being one... but what if they stole from you?? You do pay taxes rioght??? you're paying for them to get by.. and that to me isn't right at all..

TheDOCTORdre
11-17-2004, 02:53 PM
i called her first
Dont mess with the Doctor:cool:

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Dont mess with the Doctor:cool:

yeah. . .cause if you mess with Dr Dre, the entire G Unit will throw chairs at you like they did last night at the Vibe awards

Keith7
11-17-2004, 02:59 PM
yea and young buck will stab me

Bulldog_12
11-17-2004, 02:59 PM
That was the funniest thing ever. Then they released that the person suspected of starting it was a black man in a white shirt.......That narrows the search down doesnt it. I saw a lot of people in white shirts in the tape.:D

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
That was the funniest thing ever. Then they released that the person suspected of starting it was a black man in a white shirt.......That narrows the search down doesnt it. I saw a lot of people in white shirts in the tape.:D

i laughed when they said that on GMA this morning. . effin charlie gibson was funny

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 03:07 PM
until one of those bums takes advantage of you.. you're ok with them being one... but what if they stole from you?? You do pay taxes rioght??? you're paying for them to get by.. and that to me isn't right at all..

Lighten up girl. How old are you anyway? Guess you could not pick up on my sarcasm.

LHSCheerleader
11-17-2004, 03:11 PM
i'm lightened...

sorry.. lol..

anyways.. so they were all sportin' white tees.. haha

" I look clean in my white tee.."

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 03:11 PM
i'm lightened...

sorry.. lol..

anyways.. so they were all sportin' white tees.. haha

" I look clean in my white tee.."

dont worry bout it. I'm big on sarcasm.

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2004, 03:14 PM
forget a throw back i look clean in my white tee :)

Keith7
11-17-2004, 03:39 PM

I found proof click this link and tell me if you see any football related posts

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=13227