PDA

View Full Version : I'm soooooooo sad!

2futurecard'smom
11-17-2004, 09:48 AM
I just got on and read that there are to be no more post about A&M and UT (notice that I did it right!) and I am really disappointed. I really enjoyed getting on and seeing what everyone was saying and thought most of the post were done in fun. And as we are out of the playoffs, I don't have much reason to get on and post now. I will begin my search for a college board where it's legal to talk about the big game coming up. Just wanted to say it's been fun and I enjoyed all the posts and opinions. Good luck to all the high school teams in the playoffs............see ya'll next year when I have a team to talk about!:( :( :( :( :(

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Don't go! You can always post/make up stuff about the teams left. ;) Besides, off-season will be a lot of fun. :)

Ranger Mom
11-17-2004, 09:52 AM
As much as I love being here during the season, I think off-season is just as fun. It's during off-season when you REALLY get to know your fellow poster....Trust me!!

Don't leave....if two posters (who shall remain nameless) can behave, we may be able to post about the game again.

dawgmom
11-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Stick around, please! I'm sure we will really have a lot of fun during the off season!

2futurecard'smom
11-17-2004, 09:59 AM
LOL, I could make up stuff about teams, but I am sure that would get me in trouble! I may get something done now as I hurried to drop the boys off at school, drove like a maniac back home, got a fresh cup of coffee, ran to the office to flip on puter, and sometimes would stay for several hours! My kids were beginning to think I was insane and had totally lost it since I began posting on this board, lol. So, when this of all over with, what the heck does everyone talk about in the off season? How about some baseball talk?:D

jason
11-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Don't leave....if two posters (who shall remain nameless) can behave, we may be able to post about the game again. :eek:

:inlove:

ill be good, i promise

3afan
11-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by 2futurecard'smom
..... there are to be no more post about A&M and UT .....

i must have missed this ........

Junkyard
11-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Guess I missed something why are UT an A&M off limits?

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-17-2004, 10:08 AM

pirate4state
11-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
i must have missed this ........ me too -- must investigate! :nerd:

LH Panther Mom
1) My kids were beginning to think I was insane and had totally lost it since I began posting on this board, lol. 2) So, when this of all over with, what the heck does everyone talk about in the off season? How about some baseball talk?:D

1) Well, insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids. :D

2) Baseball, basketball, track, Underwater Basketweaving and who's going to go how far next year. ;)

bullfrog_alumni_02
well i hope it can be fixed, i enjoyed debating about my two favorite college teams. hope you feel better 2futurecard'smom, its a disappointment to all.

2futurecard'smom
11-17-2004, 10:11 AM
I guess I will have to hang around then, I don't wanna miss anything! Am still sad tho:( And good luck to you "Moms" who still have a team in the playoffs! Hope when the clock runs out, your team is on top!

dawgmom
11-17-2004, 10:12 AM
You mean we don't talk about needlepoint?
:eek:

NAWWWWWWW!!!

LOL

There is always canadian football, european football, powerlifting, baseball, etc......
We have plenty to talk about.

Ranger Mom
11-17-2004, 10:15 AM
For those of you how missed it, there was no less than 8 threads all dealing with UT/A&M yesterday evening.

Polls about traditions, rivalry, one whether or not we should ban all talk, post telling people to quit it, I'm getting tired of this, etc.

We moderators did nothing but bounce from one thread to another. Sinton66 closed some, we looked into reported posts and fielded PMs, emails and IMs.

It got of out of control and we don't have a lot of options. if corporal punishment would work here, there are few who would have had a "paddle to the butt" from me!!:D

2futurecard'smom
11-17-2004, 10:16 AM
sumo wrestling, darts, cricket, water polo, :D

jason
11-17-2004, 10:16 AM
few who would have had a "paddle to the butt" from me!!:D is that a threat or a promise :D :D :D :inlove: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave: :smoker:

Ranger Mom
11-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
You mean we don't talk about needlepoint?
:eek:

I think an off-season or two ago, pirate4state and I had a conversation about crocheting!!:D

Ranger Mom
11-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by jason
is that a threat or a promise :D :D :D :inlove: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave: :smoker:

I walked right into that with my eyes wide open!:rolleyes:

jason
11-17-2004, 10:18 AM
I walked right into that with my eyes wide open!:rolleyes: but didnt it put a smile on your face....:cool:

2futurecard'smom
11-17-2004, 10:25 AM
For those of you how missed it, there was no less than 8 threads all dealing with UT/A&M yesterday evening.

Polls about traditions, rivalry, one whether or not we should ban all talk, post telling people to quit it, I'm getting tired of this, etc.

We moderators did nothing but bounce from one thread to another. Sinton66 closed some, we looked into reported posts and fielded PMs, emails and IMs.

It got of out of control and we don't have a lot of options. if corporal punishment would work here, there are few who would have had a "paddle to the butt" from me!!:D
RangerMom, I missed those and I agree that some of the post get waaaaaaaaaaay outta line and very personal so I see your point. I guess it's "one bad apple........." or several in this case! I think you moderators do a good job and realize you have your hands full! It's just a shame that it has to come to drastic measures in order to stop the ridiculous posting!

Junkyard
11-17-2004, 10:28 AM

I am all about corporal punishment I'll bring the board!!!

Bubba-Joe
11-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Bubba Joe had the board of education put to him
Hey it aint the first time.......
and I didn't do nothin on this thread
becareful Jason
big brother is watching

jason
11-17-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe

becareful Jason
big brother is watching oohh, im shaking in my outhouse...:D :D :D

Bubba-Joe
11-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Bubba Joe
had the Big Brother on him last week
just givin out free advice
Good luck

Bullaholic
11-17-2004, 10:59 AM
RangerMom, I missed those and I agree that some of the post get waaaaaaaaaaay outta line and very personal so I see your point. I guess it's "one bad apple........." or several in this case! I think you moderators do a good job and realize you have your hands full! It's just a shame that it has to come to drastic measures in order to stop the ridiculous posting!

2 future.....I certainly can't speak for the moderators, but I'd be willing to bet that in couple of days after the UT/A&M board "riot" has subsided, that maybe UT/A&M posts that are germain to the game and fall within the posting guidelines of this board, will again be considered or allowed. Let's hope so, and I hope you stick around to contribute.

HornetMom
11-17-2004, 11:28 AM
I guess I will have to hang around then, I don't wanna miss anything! Am still sad tho:( And good luck to you "Moms" who still have a team in the playoffs! Hope when the clock runs out, your team is on top!

Glad to hear you will be sticking around. This time of year, the board can get rowdy, but our mods do a great job. It is lots of fun in the off season and like Range Mom said, you get to know alot of the poster that are here year in and year out.

Hey RM...agree with the 'paddle' Let me know if mine needs it, noticed she was right in the middle of it all....lol

WOS#74
11-17-2004, 12:24 PM
How well do you think BC baseball team will do this year? With WOS added to the district it should be more competitive.

CHS_CG
11-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
Glad to hear you will be sticking around. This time of year, the board can get rowdy, but our mods to a great job. It is lots of fun in the off season and like Range Mom said, you get to know alot of the poster that are here year in and year out.

Hey RM...agree with the 'paddle' Let me know if mine needs it, noticed she was right in the middle of it all....lol

Hey hey hey.. after it started to get outta hand i stopped with it all.. and RM paddle comment... wide open... lol and you shoulda known Jason of all people would take you up on it lol:D

jason
11-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Hey hey hey.. after it started to get outta hand i stopped with it all.. and RM paddle comment... wide open... lol and you shoulda known Jason of all people would take you up on it lol:D :inlove: :D

onfirebball05mustang
11-17-2004, 01:19 PM
:eek: corporal punishment...no comment...

other than great to see you sticking around...if nothing else we can talk about cricket!!!:rolleyes: