Phantom Stang
11-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Hey j mcgee! Welcome to the board. Great idea for a 1st post!:thumbsup:

Stangster
11-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Go Mustangs!

Black & Gold
11-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Good luck Mustangs. Wish I could see ya'lls game. I think that this will be one of the best games of the week. Represent our district well.

Macarthur
11-17-2004, 05:15 PM
I have a question. Someone explain to me why the consensus is that Sweetwater will win this one when Cooper has already beaten them once this year? Was it a fluke? Did Sweetwater have some guys hurt? What was the score?

pero chato
11-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I have a question. Someone explain to me why the consensus is that Sweetwater will win this one when Cooper has already beaten them once this year? Was it a fluke? Did Sweetwater have some guys hurt? What was the score?

The Sweetwater posters will respond to this better than I, but from what I remember, the score was 20-14 (?), ---and Sweetwater had several sophmores starting at the skill positions. They have some big game experience now and are apparently peaking at the right time. I think the Mustangs win the rematch.

mustang04
11-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
The Sweetwater posters will respond to this better than I, but from what I remember, the score was 20-14 (?), ---and Sweetwater had several sophmores starting at the skill positions. They have some big game experience now and are apparently peaking at the right time. I think the Mustangs win the rematch.

PERFECTLY STATED PERO CHATO:clap:

he's right...the lubbock cooper game was one of the first varsity games for SEVERAL of the players on our team, but they have developed well and are now playing like returning lettermans, so i think this gives us a lot sharper edge than what we had first go round

Macarthur
11-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
PERFECTLY STATED PERO CHATO:clap:

he's right...the lubbock cooper game was one of the first varsity games for SEVERAL of the players on our team, but they have developed well and are now playing like returning lettermans, so i think this gives us a lot sharper edge than what we had first go round

Okay, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but that makes no concession for the fact that maybe Cooper has done some "gelling" also and is playing even better than they were earlier in the year. For me, it makes no sense that now Sweetwater is an overwhelming favorite because of a couple of sophmores. I once had a wise coach tell me that you will lose one game per year for every sophomore you start. Obviously, that depends on the sophomore, but the point is that this is those sophomores first run in the playoffs. Those sophomores haven't been in a real pressure cooker in the playoffs, yet. I don't have a dog in this fight, just some observations. BTW, I clicked on Sweetwater to win this one, too.

I mean, it's kinda like me saying that even though Vernon was the only team to beat my Hawks that I'm 100% certain that if they played again IP would whip their butts. I can't say that because I don't know. I also can't say IP would be an overwhelming favorite against Vernon if they played again.

mustang04
11-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Okay, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but that makes no concession for the fact that maybe Cooper has done some "gelling" also and is playing even better than they were earlier in the year. For me, it makes no sense that now Sweetwater is an overwhelming favorite because of a couple of sophmores. I once had a wise coach tell me that you will lose one game per year for every sophomore you start. Obviously, that depends on the sophomore, but the point is that this is those sophomores first run in the playoffs. Those sophomores haven't been in a real pressure cooker in the playoffs, yet. I don't have a dog in this fight, just some observations. BTW, I clicked on Sweetwater to win this one, too.

I mean, it's kinda like me saying that even though Vernon was the only team to beat my Hawks that I'm 100% certain that if they played again IP would whip their butts. I can't say that because I don't know. I also can't say IP would be an overwhelming favorite against Vernon if they played again.

reason why is becuz at the beginning of the season, sweetwater wasnt even in like the top 40, and then after the season started, they started proving alot faster than what teams normally do....its just one of those deals where u have to see it to believe it...thats all i can say

TheDOCTORdre
11-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
reason why is becuz at the beginning of the season, sweetwater wasnt even in like the top 40, and then after the season started, they started proving alot faster than what teams normally do....its just one of those deals where u have to see it to believe it...thats all i can say
to say swater wasnt even in the top 40 is a straight up lie

mustang04
11-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
to say swater wasnt even in the top 40 is a straight up lie

how is that dre???...im dead serious..they had NOOO respect

Da Mules
11-17-2004, 09:20 PM
It is true that Sweetwater was under-respected in the polls... and to a certain extent, Cooper has been discounted too much by a lot of people, including me. They are a tough football team with a huge line, a very savvy Jr QB who took over in mid-season and gets better every week, a very tough & fast defense, at least 3 speedy top-caliber running backs, and you also gotta give Coach John Windham props for slowly but steadily building this program... when we played Cooper for the district title, they beat us fair & square... it was closer than the final on the scoreboard, but they honestly earned the W and the 2-3a title.

what Cooper does NOT have is any history of going past the 1st round.. but they broke that jinx last week against Borger, and won the game easily. So unless they get playoff fever and choke, expect a close tough game.

I say it's gonna be close. Whichever team has the fewest turnovers wins, but won't win by very much.
Cooper by 3.

jmcgee
11-17-2004, 10:12 PM
I love reading posts

mustang04
11-18-2004, 02:20 PM
ttt

Bubba-Joe
11-18-2004, 02:22 PM
Bubba Joe wants to know if the 04 mustang is going to make his presence known at the game on Friday night?
Or will the young un be studing like a good Ram????