PDA

View Full Version : Joe Horns cell phone charge

turbostud
12-16-2003, 07:45 PM
30,000. Kinda funny cause he said on espn he was expecting 10k to 15k. Not that 30k really matters anyway.

<small>[ December 16, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: turbostud ]</small>

Gobbla2001
12-16-2003, 07:57 PM
All he had to do was walk around the back of the endzone and down the sideline out of bounds (with the phone) and he most likely wouldn't have been fined...

The rule says something like this: There can be no foreign objects on the playing field (the playing field being from the end of one endzone to the end of the other and from one sideline to the other)... The Phone was out of the endzone when it was picked up...

I got a kick out of it...

3afan2K3
12-16-2003, 08:58 PM
I liked the sharpie celebration better

Da Mules
12-16-2003, 09:04 PM
One of the NFL players said "Whaddaya want us to do, just lay down the football and walk off?"
WELL, HELL YES, THAT WOULD BE A GOOD START!! as well as being a unique after-TD routine in today's sportsworld.
The excitement comes from THE TEAM scoring the TD, not some self-centered jackass's celebration and self-glorification.
I am from the old school of sportmanship, folks. We didn't rub it in after making a TD, and we didn't hang on the rim after dunks and swing like a big monkey either. Either one of those stunts would have earned you big punishment the next practice.

<small>[ December 16, 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Da Mules ]</small>

turbostud
12-16-2003, 09:09 PM
I liked the sharpie celebration better They are all kind of funny. I am waiting for a Free Safety to catch one these receivers coming across the middle and invent a cool celebration after he lays them out. ESPN would love that.

GOFOR2
12-16-2003, 10:38 PM
Joe Horn, another talented athlete with 0 brains.
He obviously does not understand the team concept. He is a complete idiot.

JasperDog94
12-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Da Mules:
One of the NFL players said "Whaddaya want us to do, just lay down the football and walk off?"
WELL, HELL YES, THAT WOULD BE A GOOD START!! as well as being a unique after-TD routine in today's sportsworld.
The excitement comes from THE TEAM scoring the TD, not some self-centered jackass's celebration and self-glorification.
I am from the old school of sportmanship, folks. We didn't rub it in after making a TD, and we didn't hang on the rim after dunks and swing like a big monkey either. Either one of those stunts would have earned you big punishment the next practice.100% behind you on this one. The scoreboard does all the celebration for you.

slpybear the bullfan
12-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Well, the league and the players are made for each other. The NFL prostitutes itself to the network TV companies and the players invent new gags to be a highlight on ESPN.

By the way, isn't it odd that the same league that fines a player for the big hit will use the same footage in one of its NFL Films...

PPHSfan
12-17-2003, 12:04 AM
GOFOR2:
Joe Horn, another talented athlete with 0 brains.
He obviously does not understand the team concept. He is a complete idiot.You almost got it right.

Joe Horn, another talented athlete with 0 class

The classiest thing you can do after scoring a TD is to run (not walk) over to the referee, stop and walk the last few steps and hand him the football. I guarantee you, if anyone in the NFL had that kind of class it would make the Highlights too.

spiveyrat
12-17-2003, 07:56 AM
$30,000 for a cell phone? Sounds like he needs to shop around for another plan! :D

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 10:10 AM
turbostud:
30,000. Kinda funny cause he said on espn he was expecting 10k to 15k. Not that 30k really matters anyway.Yeah not like 30K matters to him too much. For Horn, it's just chump change. It's not like he's going to go broke after he pays his fine or anything. I have to admit that I thought it was funny though.

Chief Woodman
12-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Lets not forget,,,He knew it was against the rules BEFORE he did the act. In fact, he expected to pay $10-$15 thousand. Disciplany actions (the fine) are designed to gain compliance with the rules. If he was willing to pay $10-$15 thousand and that did not stop him, then that fine would have not been enough. At $30 thousand, maybe, just maybe these guys will figure out that they are insulting the league by purposley breaking this type of rule, And maybe just maybe they will refrain from doing something like this again. If they do not learn the lesson at $30 thousand, then make the fine $60 thousand. If that does not do it, then double it again to $120 thousand and so on until they desired behavior is achieved. Sooner or later you will find a price that they will not be willing to risk in order to boost their own egos.

AggieJohn
12-17-2003, 11:03 PM
what i don't get is that in one of the most physical game where you can blindside a player, can hit a player in the chest when he's vulnerable and jumping up in the air and can trip a player by his feet to make him land head first....and our biggest concern is that he took a cell phone on the field..hmm...