PDA

View Full Version : Setting Fires for Amusement

Bullaholic
11-16-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm probably not one of the smartest posters on here, but I bet I'm one of the oldest in age. So indulge me as I try to offer a viewpoint to you based on seeing a few bends in the "river" of life regarding some of the inflamatory posts currently occuring. Some folks love to see how big of a fire burns from throwing as many matches as they can into the dry grass. The more controversial the post---the bigger the fire. Don't get caught up in this---the "fire" starters just laugh while you genuinely get upset or react. This has ocurred in marketing for years---Madonna and Muhammed Ali and many other political and entertainment personalities in our society have used controversy and shrewd marketing to inflame consumer passions in order to achieve great wealth. Do not be an unwitting victim of these mischievious individuals, but repond with "wit" where appropriate. I enjoy reading passionate, intelligent, arguments that are well stated , substansiated, and articulated in any thread --on any subject---but find personal attacks, extreme anger backed by hatred, and syntax beneath anyone's dignity, very uninteresting. I also know I have the right to not read any thread or post reponses, and that is true. Post In Peace, and have fun---just about everybody has their good points. Let's talk HS football!

HighSchool Fan
11-16-2004, 06:10 PM
good post Bullaholic

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2004, 06:13 PM
I thought this was really about settin fires for amusement I am quite the pyromaniac

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 06:14 PM
:clap:

SO.....how many RegIV teams 1-5A make it how far??

not sure about 1A

2A..is Yorktown or Refugio still in it??

3A i'd be willing to bet a RegIV teams gets to the final in at least one Div.

4A i'd put money on Gregory-Portland winning a state title in DivII

5A i think just about EVERY region has us whooped here.

Ranger Mom
11-16-2004, 06:15 PM
I am just about ready to start deleting threads for my own amusement.:D

I'm tired of this!

Bullaholic
11-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I thought this was really about settin fires for amusement I am quite the pyromaniac

Recognition of the problem is the first step in recovery, Dr.dre. Thanks for being honest---but I'm sure you're kidding.

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Recognition of the problem is the first step in recovery, Dr.dre. Thanks for being honest---but I'm sure you're kidding.
No I really like playing with fire

Bullaholic
11-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am just about ready to start deleting threads for my own amusement.:D

I'm tired of this!

Bless you, RM, I know you have had a tough last couple of days. Hang in there---this too shall pass.

mustang04
11-16-2004, 06:22 PM
we didnt start the fire...it was always burning since the world's been turning....we didnt start the fire, no we didnt light it but we tried to fight it..

ex-player, rangermom, 3A football, deep-bomb,
jason, sinton66, and DR. Dre too!

so much fighting, so much pain, all for 3Adownlow glory and fame
MUSTANGS MEET THEIR FATE ...AND WIN STATE...WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!

to the tune of that song haha

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
we didnt start the fire...it was always burning since the world's been turning....we didnt start the fire, no we didnt light it but we tried to fight it..

ex-player, rangermom, 3A football, deep-bomb,
jason, sinton66, and DR. Dre too!

so much fighting, so much pain, all for 3Adownlow glory and fame
MUSTANGS MEET THEIR FATE ...AND WIN STATE...WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!

to the tune of that song haha LOL!!! now THAT is classic!!

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks Bull ... very nice sentiments. I appreciate you and the rest of the "positive" posters on here.

I think there must just be something in the air today.........:(

mustang04
11-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Thanks Bull ... very nice sentiments. I appreciate you and the rest of the "positive" posters on here.

I think there must just be something in the air today.........:(

just read all my posts and ill make ya smile every time!:) :)

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
just read all my posts and ill make ya smile every time!:) :)

You know....you are pretty good at that!:D

GreenMonster
11-16-2004, 06:44 PM
I poured gasoline on an ant hill once and then set it on fire. killed two birds with one stone, pyromania and senseless killing lol.

TheDOCTORdre
11-16-2004, 06:45 PM
I remember once me and my friend were playing paper football with matches instead of the paper football and I kicked a good one that lit and it landed on the stove that we were cooking on I dont remember what we were cooking, but there was grease in the pan and it landed in the pan, that gave us quite a scare :eek:

AP Panther Fan
11-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I remember once me and my friend were playing paper football with matches instead of the paper football and I kicked a good one that lit and it landed on the stove that we were cooking on I dont remember what we were cooking, but there was grease in the pan and it landed in the pan, that gave us quite a scare :eek:

Ha ... you weren't kidding about playing with matches and setting fires for amusement......:D :D :D

Confession is good for the soul...so they say!:D

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

I think there must just be something in the air today.........:( that is for SURE...and i'd be lying if i said it hadnt gotten to me today as well.