PDA

View Full Version : 3a Coach of the year

Cameronbystander
11-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Who you got?

Hagamanp
11-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I would like to propose Coach Chris Jones and Kyle Story of Decatur, the defense has played well this year and the O is a rollin

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 04:33 PM
Graig Hesseltine of Ingleside....he took 2-8 team who LOST talent to seniors graduating...and made them a (currently) 9-2 team in one season.

pirate44
11-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Graig Hesseltine of Ingleside....he took 2-8 team who LOST talent to seniors graduating...and made them a (currently) 9-2 team in one season.
I'll second that nomination

IHStangFan
11-16-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
I'll second that nomination and i'd like to add....Coach Hesseltine is a good ole Sinton boy! so he KNOWS football!

Johnny Utah
11-16-2004, 04:37 PM
In football is it really just one coach, or is it the entire staff????

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Graig Hesseltine of Ingleside....he took 2-8 team who LOST talent to seniors graduating...and made them a (currently) 9-2 team in one season. Now that's impressive!

Johnny Utah
11-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Would have to include the coaches at Silsbee, zero wins in 2003, playoffs in '04!!! Same for West Columbia.

dogdad
11-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Royse City coach Rodney Webb tool over a team that went 1-9, 2-8, 1-9, and has them playing for an area championship this week. He also has the sub-varsity teams on track to continue the success. He has truly turned around a program.

Flourhead
11-16-2004, 07:22 PM
well i'm gonna go with silsbee since they went from 0-10 to 10-0 and then of course 10-1 after only a season... i dont know if the same coach did it or not or if its really that big of a deal... i just know about their record

swatermustang55
11-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Coach Chris Wiggington of Sweetwater he has done an outstandin job with our defense but our offense could use work

Spread the Red

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 08:11 PM
as much as i hate saying it, coach stewart of liberty, he's taken a team that started off 0-5 at least two deep in the playoffs...that's something in my book

KL3
11-16-2004, 08:18 PM
Coach Huey Chancellor and his staff at Bellville should certainly be recognized for the great job they've done this year.

Losing 20 something Seniors from last years 13-1 team and only returning 2/3 starters would have really hurt a lot of other programs. But these coaches have made a lot of adjustments from the early part of the season, inlcuding now starting 5 Sophomores on defense, and have led this team to a district championship and a 7-4 record so far.

Bellville22
11-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Coach Huey Chancellor and his staff at Bellville should certainly be recognized for the great job they've done this year.

Losing 20 something Seniors from last years 13-1 team and only returning 2/3 starters would have really hurt a lot of other programs. But these coaches have made a lot of adjustments from the early part of the season, inlcuding now starting 5 Sophomores on defense, and have led this team to a district championship and a 7-4 record so far.

Also started the year 0-3. Tremendous job turning this team around.

PPHSfan
11-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Homer Thread.

Old Tiger
11-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Homer Thread. ditto

Unblockability
11-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Coach Stumbaugh:D :clap:

chubbed_up
11-16-2004, 10:33 PM
coach stumbaugh used to coach for cuero...offensive coordinator maybe...but whatever he is hes one hell of a coach

Bulldog_12
11-16-2004, 10:33 PM
WOW! That is one HUGE Signature. Thats gigantic man. Might wanna scale that down.

chubbed_up
11-16-2004, 10:35 PM
how bout reeve though???hes gotta be some kinda awesome he was head coach at 2 5a schools before he came back o cuero. and i now being a coach at the 5a level doesnt make you awesome but hes awesome. and plus hes a good man. my parents bible study leader.

fatcat255
11-17-2004, 12:24 AM
Center's Coach.

I think they were 0-10 last year.

8-3 so far I think.

Have played OUTSTANDING the last few games, won bi-district and should matchup well with Liberty-Eylau.

Hawk Fan Izzy
11-17-2004, 01:12 AM
I nomiated Mario Arce from Zapata.
The mean took a program on the rocks, which couldn't win if it's life depended on it, and now we've gotten to the area game twice, and have a shot at beating Sinton.

He took a team whose main proponents had been senior graduates and has created leaders of some young men that many had written off.

JR2004
11-17-2004, 02:48 AM
I could be biased in saying this, but I would say Madison head coach Ronald Johnson and his defensive coordinator Marcus Gates. The football program has been down for so long at Madison that it's not even funny. The fact that they are winning and are in the 2nd round of the playoffs with just 5 seniors who are big contributors and the rest of the roster has 12 sophs. and about 10 or so juniors is a fairly big accomplishment to be doing this good. Last year and for most of the last 15 years Madison has been everyone's homecoming opponent. Lincoln destroyed those kids last year 69-0 and this year they lost 21-20. There's some good coaching going on there to make that big of an improvement in one season in my opinion. I know there's many, many coaches around the state who have made some remarkable turnarounds and have gotten more out of their teams than was thought possible, but I'm just singling out Johnson and Gates because I feel they've done what was previously thought to be impossible at Madison and that's win football games.

Cameronbystander
11-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Where did you see anything posted about Cameron in this post except in my name? How can you call this a Homer Thread if Cameron is not mentioned? Are you both paranoid?

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
Where did you see anything posted about Cameron in this post except in my name? How can you call this a Homer Thread if Cameron is not mentioned? Are you both paranoid?

ROFLMAO! :D

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
In football is it really just one coach, or is it the entire staff????

I also think new district alignment and softer scheduling helps. Winning builds confidence regardless of how tough your schedule is, but soon you get a reality check.

PPHSfan
11-17-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander

LOL,

U just don't get it do you?

Cameronbystander
11-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Well I am trying. Yes this is a HOMER THREAD for anyone posting for their own coach but I assumed you were directing your remarks to the thread generator (myself).

3ABirdMan
11-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Homer Thread.

Where does he coach? I've never even HEARD of coach Thread. Has he had a good season? What's his record?

Give us a FEW details to work with here!:confused:

Old Tiger
11-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Where does he coach? I've never even HEARD of coach Thread. Has he had a good season? What's his record?

Give us a FEW details to work with here!:confused: I'm not sure on his record but the guy can just flat out coach. He is retired now that's probably why you haven't heard of him. He has coached at: Southlake Carroll, La Marque, West Orange-Stark, Odessa Permian, Katy, and De La Salle in California. :D :cool:

pirate4state
11-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan

Give us a FEW details to work with here!:confused:

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/rofl-k2.gif

snakebite
11-17-2004, 02:43 PM
I believe that Coach Burk of Navasota deserves this award. Before he came, we were on an 18 game losing streak. Ever since he has come to NHS, our boys have gone 22-11, beating teams like our rival Brenham last season 50-23, Bellville this season 37-34, and many other good teams. This man has come in and has totally changed our program. As an athlete, he supports every player by watching every sport, no matter what it is. Thank You Coach Burk for everything!

GOFOR2
11-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by snakebite
I believe that Coach Burk of Navasota deserves this award. Before he came, we were on an 18 game losing streak. Ever since he has come to NHS, our boys have gone 22-11, beating teams like our rival Brenham last season 50-23, Bellville this season 37-34, and many other good teams. This man has come in and has totally changed our program. As an athlete, he supports every player by watching every sport, no matter what it is. Thank You Coach Burk for everything!

One and done, right?

GreenMonster
11-17-2004, 02:51 PM
How about the coaching job Danny Henson of Bridgeport is doing this year. Started 0-5 then went only 3-2 in district yet had his team ready to play last Saturday and won 35-14. Now that's coaching. His team has gotten better each and every week.

Rainman
11-17-2004, 02:56 PM
I saw the coach at Huffman. His has built a District championship team out of a team that was an easily overlooked team when I was in school.

Port_town_texas
11-17-2004, 02:59 PM
I nominate Coach Alvarez--Kirbyville!

AggiesAreWe
11-17-2004, 09:18 PM
I nominate Bobby McGallion, head coach of Silsbee. Took 0-10 team to 10-0 and district championship. First district title since 1977. Also, team was on a 19 game losing streak before start of this season. He has been in Silsbee 7 seasons now and has taken Silsbee to playoffs 4 times, 3 in class 4A, and this year in 3A. Great first season in 3A Coach McGallion!

jet sweep
11-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
I nominate Bobby McGallion, head coach of Silsbee. Took 0-10 team to 10-0 and district championship. First district title since 1977. Also, team was on a 19 game losing streak before start of this season. He has been in Silsbee 7 seasons now and has taken Silsbee to playoffs 4 times, 3 in class 4A, and this year in 3A. Great first season in 3A Coach McGallion!

I agree!!! Going 10-0 is awesome....but to do it after on 0-10 campaign....that is unheard of!!! Great job!!

gobblerfan02
11-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by jet sweep
I agree!!! Going 10-0 is awesome....but to do it after on 0-10 campaign....that is unheard of!!! Great job!!

I'd either give it to him, or the cameron yoeman coach, who also turned around a program from 1-9 to 9-1 I believe now 10-1 in the playoffs(someone correct me if im wrong!) This year's decision will be a tough one! I'd sure hate to be one of the few who decide!

edibleeggs
11-18-2004, 12:30 AM
I nominate Coach Rick Cobia of Caldwell. Before he arrived at Caldwell they hadn't made the playoffs in consecutive years since the 20's and now they are making a strong run w/ the record of 10-1 and w/ boys that are as disciplined as they come. Sting 'em Hornets.

rhs78
11-18-2004, 04:50 PM
i think silsbee's coach must of done one heck of a job this year. also royse city had a great turn around this year. plus about twenty other coachs deserve to be listed

Hupernikomen
11-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Silsbee and Columbia both are to be congradulated on a great turn around season...a lot of it had to do with dropping down and being the biggest instead of the smallest...no to diminish what they accomplished. Huffman did what they should have done so far (the WO-S win was a surprise if he wins a couple more I would give him serious consideration.) If liberty beats Jasper I would also reluctantly give stewart some consideration.

Personally, I think of those listed that I know anything about I am most impressed with Center. This team has struggled to mightly of late...they also went 0-10 last year and this year made the playoffs out of a very potent district.

In previous years they were 2-8, and 4-6. This is only their 2nd winning record of the last 7 years. They haven't been just a powerhouse this year but have certainly had a dramatic turnaround.

jmcgee
11-19-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by swatermustang55
Coach Chris Wiggington of Sweetwater he has done an outstandin job with our defense but our offense could use work

Spread the Red Your crazy our offence is one of the best in region I

TheDOCTORdre
11-19-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Your crazy our offence is one of the best in region I
Our offense is one of the best, but yet many people doubt because they see Sweetwater as one dimensional, because we run the ball. But when you got a good thing goin, just keep to it I guess when someone finally shuts down our running game, if they can, we will see if Sweetwater is one dimensional

big daddy russ
11-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Your crazy our offence is one of the best in region I I'd put Royse City and Decatur ahead of you. Not that your offense isn't great, but I just don't think it could touch those guys.

big daddy russ
11-19-2004, 02:16 AM

jmcgee
11-19-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'd put Royse City and Decatur ahead of you. Not that your offense isn't great, but I just don't think it could touch those guys.
Your crazy our offence is one of the best in region Ione of the best decatur obviously has a better O

District303aPastPlayer
11-19-2004, 02:36 AM
Hesstletine in Ingleside

big daddy russ
11-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Your crazy our offence is one of the best in region Ione of the best decatur obviously has a better O
Sorry, I misread.