PDA

View Full Version : stupid traditions

jason
11-16-2004, 03:27 PM
whats the dumbest a&m tradition...this one is a no brainer too....

you can pick more than one if you'd like lol...

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 03:31 PM
all i have to say is forget this!!!!
The aggies have been a little more respectful of the UT fans...what's with all the animosity all of a sudden?! i think everybody needs to just sit down and have a beer...that'd at least keep jason quiet a few minutes!!!!

I claim neither side...my blood runs red...
not burnt orange
notmarroon
but RED

GO PATRIOTS!!!:clap:

jason
11-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
that'd at least keep jason quiet a few minutes!!!!

no it wouldnt

shellman54
11-16-2004, 03:33 PM
no. longhorns are multi-talented, they can drink and type at the same time

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 03:34 PM
and then they get even more obnoxious!!!

Grr...i need some comfort foods...this fighting is giving me a headache!!!:hand:

pirate4state
11-16-2004, 03:35 PM
all i have to say is f this!!!! Easy, tiger! :p

Ranger Mom
11-16-2004, 03:37 PM
all i have to say is f this!!!!

Excuse me??:eek:

jason
11-16-2004, 03:38 PM
oooohhhh....you're in trouble....

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Easy, tiger! :p

i apologize...i was actually about to speak my mind...but then i remembered my manners...
it isn't the thread subject that got to me...it was something said by sombody....just caught me a little of guard...i thought this poster was the 'bigger man' of the two of us....sorry guys!:o

jason
11-16-2004, 03:40 PM
i apologize...i was actually about to speak my mind...but then i remembered my manners...
it isn't the thread subject that got to me...it was something said by sombody....just caught me a little of guard...i thought this poster was the 'bigger man' of the two of us....sorry guys!:o dont be scared....you can call me out, it wont hurt my feelings...

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 03:41 PM
it shouldn't matter what 'side' any of us are on...in any sport...this forum was designed for hs...jason i'm hurt!:(

Ranger Mom
11-16-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm not going to respond to this. I think this is just a poll to "fan the flames" of an already worn out, petty, childish, immature, playground level argument!!

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 03:48 PM
true mom, very true! i can't believe i'm involved...it's the little things that kill me!:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 03:48 PM
The aggies have been a little more respectful of the UT fans.. You're kidding right?

GOFOR2
11-16-2004, 03:49 PM
How about kissing your "girlfriend" after you team scores or standing up the whole at Kyle Field.

jason
11-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You're kidding right? i didnt wanna go there lol...

GOFOR2
11-16-2004, 03:50 PM
How about kissing your "girlfriend" after you team scores or standing up the whole game at Kyle Field.

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 03:53 PM
that's tradition, yes
Kissing your girl...that's been around for god knows how long...not outa disrespect for y'all, but for tradition's sake...
Standing up the whole game, another aggie tradition... it's in support of our team....we wont give up, back up, shut up, or (n this case) sit down
it's a support thing
(i can't believe i'm defending the aggies....i'm neutral!!!! argh...where's explayer when ya need him....wait....i didn't wanna go there:mad: )

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 03:53 PM
You left out "teasips".

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 03:55 PM
You're kidding right?
I'm not.

shellman54
11-16-2004, 04:01 PM
that's tradition, yes
Kissing your girl...that's been around for god knows how long...not outa disrespect for y'all, but for tradition's sake...
Standing up the whole game, another aggie tradition... it's in support of our team....we wont give up, back up, shut up, or (n this case) sit down
it's a support thing
(i can't believe i'm defending the aggies....i'm neutral!!!! argh...where's explayer when ya need him....wait....i didn't wanna go there:mad: )

actually, the standing up part deals with the 12th man, each aggie fan is standing to show they are ready to go into the game if they need to.

CHS_CG
11-16-2004, 04:01 PM
hey traditions are traditions man......

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm not. That was directed towards OFBB05M. He said that A&M fans have been more respectful than the UT fans. Check Aggiebob's signature and you tell me how that's being respectful. Or explayers old avatar. (although he did remove it)

Hagamanp
11-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Stupid traditions? Tradition is what makes a school great and the Aggie spirit is the best around. The atmosphere at an Aggie sporting event is the best ever especially football and baseball.

big daddy russ
11-16-2004, 04:17 PM
That was directed towards OFBB05M. He said that A&M fans have been more respectful than the UT fans. Check Aggiebob's signature and you tell me how that's being respectful. Or explayers old avatar. (although he did remove it) J-Dog, Aggiebob's signature is of the "Beat the hell out of (insert team here)" yell that the students do during the games. They do those little symbols before the yells (I have no idea what they're called) and it lets them know which yell they're going to do. I don't remember explayer's old avatar, but let me know what it was.

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
actually, the standing up part deals with the 12th man, each aggie fan is standing to show they are ready to go into the game if they need to.

thanks shellman...i knew someone could clear that up..i'm just sayin what i know/think it is...tell me i'm wrong and i'll step aside!

Go OU! (i just had to say it! :rolleyes: )

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I don't remember explayer's old avatar, but let me know what it was. It was the longhorns horns falling off. And I have a big problem with someone showing a pic of a kid making that gesture. (Aggiebob)

handNthedirt
11-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Midnight yell, Fightin' Texas Aggie Band, Yell leaders, the Bonfires of old, no hat's in Memorial, , Core, Core throwing Yell Leaders into the fountain after the game, , Kissing of the girlfriend, no walking on the grass, marching into Kyle field with the band, just to name a few.....what does TU have as far as traditions? Kissing your boyfriend, stepping over the bums on the drag while selling your books so you can afford your hippie lettuce...I know where I'd rather be. GIG 'EM AGS!!!!

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
TU :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 04:35 PM
:eek: :eek:
easy now...ags are respectful right? whew...this thing got sour quick...not that my comments ever help anything...right keith/jason?

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 04:35 PM
what does UT have as far as traditions? How about traditionally turning out some of the finest doctors in the world? How about traditionally having one of the best MBA schools in the nation? How about traditionally being one of the top sports programs in the nation?

I've tried to be civil. But "some" of you would rather show your ignorance. Remember: It's best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool that to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CHS_CG
11-16-2004, 04:36 PM
dont forget the Elephant Walk, and Aggie Ring dunking. and the longhorns horns falling off so along with the war hymn.. "saw varstiy's horns off" Traditions are traditions... traditions are what bring people together and aggies are no exception!

CHS_CG
11-16-2004, 04:38 PM
How about traditionally turning out some of the finest doctors in the world? How about traditionally having one of the best MBA schools in the nation? How about traditionally being one of the top sports programs in the nation?

I've tried to be civil. But "some" of you would rather show your ignorance. Remember: It's best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool that to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Nobody is really tryin to take that away from UT ok... Aggies have great traditions and if yall think they are stupid... then why are you even postin to this thread? or why even have this thread... Callin somebodys traditions stupid offends a lot of people.

onfirebball05mustang
11-16-2004, 04:39 PM
hooah!

Kinda makes you think of the HIGH SCHOOL traditions....if we go this nuts over college, what about those getting ready to go...:thinking:

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Nobody is really tryin to take that away from UT ok... Aggies have great traditions and if yall think they are stupid... then why are you even postin to this thread? or why even have this thread... Callin somebodys traditions stupid offends a lot of people. So, I can't say that I think that when A&M reverses UT's letters that I think it's stupid? Or that when Aggies call us "teasips" that I feel it's stupid? When your traditions revolve around making fun of another school, then they probably ARE stupid. Be proud of your school, but don't let your pride come from trying to put others down. That's a lesson my wife teaches her kindergarden class.

handNthedirt
11-16-2004, 04:43 PM
[B]How about traditionally turning out some of the finest doctors in the world? How about traditionally having one of the best MBA schools in the nation? How about traditionally being one of the top sports programs in the nation?B]

Funny...A&M has the same! Not to mention engineers, vets, architects....

KTJ
11-16-2004, 04:47 PM
The aggies have been a little more respectful of the UT fans..

You're kidding right? Have you been reading this board the last several months?!

EDIT--There have been a few (emphasis on a few...definitely not all of them) nice Aggies on here that have been respectful towards me and other Longhorns. They know who they are. :D

CHS_CG
11-16-2004, 04:49 PM
You are impossible to try and talk to... but one more thing.. why dont you tell me why.. the elephant walk, ring dunking, yell practice, yell leaders, bonfire, kissin your gf when A&M scores, the word Whoop, the Corp.. tell me why all of those and many more more are stupid??? I bet you cant! and tell ur wife I am glad she teaches lil kids.. maybe she should teach her husband how to be respectful too.

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 04:52 PM
...and tell ur wife I am glad she teaches lil kids.. maybe she should teach her husband how to be respectful too. Classy...really classy...And please feel free to show me where I've been disrespectful to A&M.

CHS_CG
Originally posted by KTJ
You're kidding right? Have you been reading this board the last several months?!

EDIT--There have been a few (emphasis on a few...definitely not all of them) nice Aggies on here that have been respectful towards me and other Longhorns. They know who they are. :D

I have nothing against longhorns.. but I am an aggie.. I understand Longhorns think some of the things aggies do isnt nice or respectful but I dont like it when somebody calls our traditions stupid... im sorry. Now there are a few aggies that give us a bad Rep.. but they can be worked on! Just like there are a lot of Longhorns I have met that give UT a bad name... and I am not talkin about on this forum

jason
You are impossible to try and talk to... but one more thing.. why dont you tell me why.. the elephant walk, ring dunking, yell practice, yell leaders, bonfire, kissin your gf when A&M scores, the word Whoop, the Corp.. tell me why all of those and many more more are stupid??? I bet you cant! and tell ur wife I am glad she teaches lil kids.. maybe she should teach her husband how to be respectful too. you left out the one that makes aggies look like morons... T.U. ......

CHS_CG
11-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Jason have you ever been to Yell practice or taken part in any aggie tradition...

jason
11-16-2004, 04:55 PM
thank god no

CHS_CG
11-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Then shut up.. bc you dont know anything about aggies untill you have taken part in one of our traditions.. if you think they are stupid thats your opinion.. great.. I am done with this thread!

jason
11-16-2004, 05:04 PM
bc you dont know anything about aggies ah, but i do...i know plenty from the ones that represent a&m on this board....

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Funny...A&M has the same! Not to mention engineers, vets, architects.... Here you go...

Top World Universities - Texas # 40 (http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/2004/top500(1-100).htm)

US News University Rankings - Texas # 47 (http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/tier1/t1natudoc_brief.php)

Top Engineering Schools - UT 10 - A&M 14 (http://www.graduateshotline.com/ranks/index.html)

Top MBA Schools - Texas 18 (http://www.graduateshotline.com/bizz/index.html)

I'm not taking anything away from A&M. A&M is a fine school. I'm just saying that traditionally Texas has a strong showing nationally. Especially being a public institution.

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 05:09 PM
I am done with this thread!

Classy...really classy...And please feel free to show me where I've been disrespectful to A&M. Don't be done with this thread. You haven't shown me where I've been disrespectul. After all, I need to be able to tell my beautiful wife where to begin with her teaching lesson.:D :D :D

Bulldog_12
11-16-2004, 05:11 PM
This is definately a step too far. You are criticizing traditions and calling them stupid. If you dont like em, oh well, ya dont go here so you dont have to deal with them. I have been very silent in this fight, but when you call the traditions, something that makes this school what it is, I have to get involved. Im sick of all this bashing of each other. THEY ARE JUST SPORTS! Why let this stuff turn us to bashing each other's schools. Both have fine education and faculty and both have their own set of traditions. Chill with the bashing of schools! THATS MY FINAL WORD ON THESE POSTS. Stop disrespecting two of the finest schools in the nation.:mad:

AggieBob
11-16-2004, 05:14 PM
geez guys didnt know my sig bothered yall that much...I hope none of yall come to the game because every single Ag there will be doing that at one time or another(yes even the children):rolleyes:

JasperDog94
11-16-2004, 05:18 PM
And you wonder why some folks have a problem with certain aggie traditions? Teaching kids to disrepect another university isn't a tradition. That's classless. Yell practice...go for it. Bonfire...while unsafe, go for it. Ring dunking...I couldn't care less....go for it.

Let the pride for your school be just that...pride for your school. Don't let your pride come from putting another school down, because that's not pride.

Olddawgfan
11-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Easy people, just relax. It is obvious that Jason is a "want to be Aggie", you know someone that could not get in so he rags on them. It is a classic defense mechanism. A lot of little boys that do not make the football team will resort to talking about how stupid the sport is!

AggieBob
11-16-2004, 05:21 PM
And you wonder why some folks have a problem with certain aggie traditions? Teaching kids to disrepect another university isn't a tradition. That's classless. Yell practice...go for it. Bonfire...while unsafe, go for it. Ring dunking...I couldn't care less....go for it.

Let the pride for your school be just that...pride for your school. Don't let your pride come from putting another school down, because that's not pride.

ITS A FREAKIN' PASSBACK DUDE!

AggieJohn
11-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Olddawgfan
Easy people, just relax. It is obvious that Jason is a "want to be Aggie", you know someone that could not get in so he rags on them. It is a classic defense mechanism. A lot of little boys that do not make the football team will resort to talking about how stupid the sport is!
that's awesome....that's awesome....

oh and jason will try to discredit my character and bring it up in every sort of way, ignore him and his smilies, i'm sure everyone else has committed some sort of thing wrong in their life, ignore his constant badgering to bring up my wrong

"after they've boosted all the rest, they will come and join the best"

mwynn05
11-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Olddawgfan
Easy people, just relax. It is obvious that Jason is a "want to be Aggie", you know someone that could not get in so he rags on them. It is a classic defense mechanism. A lot of little boys that do not make the football team will resort to talking about how stupid the sport is! i doubt that's what it is

Ranger Mom
11-16-2004, 06:13 PM
This thread is done, it's pointless.....you can argue til the cows come home and it's not gonna matter.

I am tired of this little "game"! It is cluttering up my mailbox wth reported posts, that I HAVE to address...so it is NOW closed!